[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so you hate Equestria Girls. But you agree this would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Okay, so you hate Equestria Girls.

But you agree this would be a positive direction for the franchise, right? Let's hope the movie is along these lines.
>>
>>29154320
Along the lines of a war? What are you talking about?
And I don't hate EG
>>
>>29154330
Just something serious with high stakes and light on the fluffy stuff.
>>
MLP is appealing because it's not like this.
>>
>>29154340
That was then. Times have changed, we've been at this for over half a decade now. Shake it up.
>>
a thread died for this
>>
>>29154320
this would make for a nice spin off like EqG, but I don't want the main show to become like it, the reason I started watching and have continued to watch the show are fluffy ponies, causing shenanigans
>>
File: trumpsendsyouback.jpg (136KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
trumpsendsyouback.jpg
136KB, 800x820px
>>29154320
>I want my little pony to be edgy and about war
Back to the FOE general you go!
>>
Guardians of Harmony is what MLP always should have been. Little ponies, big world, big threats. Bigger friendship.
>>
>>29154488
This. Conflict is a GOOD thing. Ask literally any successful cartoon. The biggest difference between old horse and new horse? The mind behind old horse didn't think kids were fucking idiots who can't handle real conflict.
>>
>>29154320
As much as I'd like an action-adventure story in the franchise - and I really do think that a well thought out adventure story beyond "unicorn laser fight #29181" and "deus ex magica solves literally everything with no warning or foreshadowing" would be a good story beneficial to the series...

No. This is not it. This didn't feel remotely like FIM - the designs, aesthetic, everything isn't Equestria. It's a hodgepodge of modern and future-war stuff that the artists blandly mixed together.

A real adventure arc would be nice. But this one wasn't it.
>>
>>29154656
Exactly, I'm fine with more action but things this are completely missing from OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfsMiI05t4
>>
There needs to be better art design work for any adventuring arc to seem compelling.
>>
File: 1473729335881.png (171KB, 885x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1473729335881.png
171KB, 885x1075px
>>29154656
>No. This is not it. This didn't feel remotely like FIM - the designs, aesthetic, everything isn't Equestria.
But isn't that the point? Something completely different like this could be refreshing.

BUT! I would concide that it would only work as short arc/mini series. Going in this direction for an entire season would be a mistake.
>>
>>29154350
It seems silly to make MLP darker or more action packed, that would make it less unique actually.
>>
>>29154350
The last time they tried to shake it up we got Starlight Glimmer. Before that the Treebrary exploded. Before that we got Twilicorn.
At this point, I'll take boring.
>>
>>29154860
>But isn't that the point? Something completely different like this could be refreshing.
No. If it's going to be something so completely different as to be not FIM beyond names, I'd rather it just be entirely separate.

This is, frankly, an issue I see a lot. Just because you're doing an action-adventure story doesn't mean you have to completely abandon the core tenets and ideas of the show, much less the designs and aesthetic. You still uphold the same ideas of the show - that friendships aren't just about beating down the big bad, but trusting in and supporting each other.
>>
File: 1459166652137.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459166652137.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>29154320
No. The show is great.
>>
Just turn MLP more into Paper Mario.
>>
While an alternate universe would be pretty cool, I'd like it to be its own thing away from the current cannon. A movie wouldn't be bad, I guess, or perhaps a book or VN, yeah, I know thats asking a lot about such an age and how things played out.

I know the usual arguments about "muh edge and action" and "muh ponies doing cute things", but the backbone of friendship and bonds being important (and possibly something that helps turns the tides of those difficult times around and help overcome the challenges of such an era) could still be effectively implemented, I think.

I'm sure there is quite a bit more to the Wartorn Equestria than JUST the war.
>>
>>29154320
I sure hope so.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.