[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's going to be debated especially given a few episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: worst.jpg (464KB, 1278x710px) Image search: [Google]
worst.jpg
464KB, 1278x710px
I know it's going to be debated especially given a few episodes of S6, but I don't think you can beat this episode in terms of shittiness. At what point did the hack writing this thing think it was at all acceptable?

>Clearly was "fifty states" before a quick edit to "fifty cities"
>Everything that Spike did "wrong" he did before he went "mad" with power, yet we're supposed to think he was at fault
>We're supposed to think the things that went "wrong" weren't out of anyone's control
>IDW references/self-inserts
>Terrible characterization/implications for Cadance/all of the princesses
>Unfunny slapstick
>Unfunny cringy ending
>People defend it because of the pop culture references

Why did it take them six seasons to realize no one liked Spike cringe humor? Why did Neal Dusedau ever write for this show

Worst episode thread and your reasons why, I guess
>>
>>29058447
>I don't think you can beat this episode in terms of shittiness.
You really can't. Anyone who says otherwise is either some Faustfag here to hate on get.newestSeason() or doesn't remember just how bad it was.
>>
>>29058463
Seriously, at least Spike at Your Service you had the explanation "well, he was excited and eager to please so he made a mess."

This episode felt like it was written by a waifufag who genuinely hates Spike to an uncomfortable degree. But it was actually just written by someone who only got on the show because he was forced on it by his agent.
>>
>>29058447
Newbie Dash

It feels really insulting for the conclusion in a 6 season arc for a character to be given to some newbie and treated as a dumb cringe/gag ep. Dash actually seems to have regressed as a character in S6. If they really needed to make this, this should have at least devoted an entire ep to Dash actually being inducted in the bolts so it has a triumphant feel. Then they could have gotten into the issues of actually dealing with fitting in the wonderbolts. As it is, everything except the last 10 seconds is utter trash.
>>
>>29058523
>a waifufag who genuinely hates Spike to an uncomfortable degree.
What? Do you think the only people who think spike's a joke are jealous waifufags? Yeah, it was a bullshit episode, anyway. I don't care enough about him him and his greatness to call it the worst ever, though.
>>
File: car.jpg (3KB, 124x157px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
3KB, 124x157px
>>29058447
>I don't think you can beat this episode in terms of shittiness

Sorry Anonino-Danonino, but Cart Before the Ponies was the worst episode of the entire franchise, not just because of the fucking cars, or meme overdoses, but mostly because the conflict itself was simply idiotic and had been adressed by the CMC several times, but the adults simply ignored it, otherwise the episode would have ended around the seven minute mark.

Also, this season made me hate Derpy, mostly because of the way the keep using her, like that awkward classmate who really, REALLY tries to be funny but he simply has no talent to tell jokes so everything he says is unfunny and cringy, not because the joke was bad, but because HE is the one who said it.
>>
>>29059318
I mean it like that this person seemed like an edgelord who was genuinely upset that Spike was around his waifu. Like, extreme Rarifag that can't take her being around him.

>>29059325
That episode was forgettable. It's hard to forget how shit Princess Spike is.
>>
>>29059372
Princess Spike had a dumber Spike and a dumber everyone else.

Cart Before the Ponies had dumber adult ponies, more pointless Derpy pandering and introduced self propelled cars, (MODERN cars, to boot) effectively fucking up the entire world structure.

At least the FlimFlam Brother's machine looked lile something that could fit on a late 1800's-early 1900's setting.
>>
>>29059513
I wish they had kept the line about them being magic powered.

I also wish that the art and design department weren't lazy as fuck, but apparently more than two new locations a season is too much for them.
>>
>>29059526
Magic Powered cars being so easy to build would have been a massive game changer for the show.

In fact, that episode was the one that made me consider quitting the series since it made obvious that neither the writers or direction teams actually care about what they do anymore.
>>
>>29059552
I mean technically the tech of the show is supposed to be early 20th century so they could have steam/early gasoline motors but they needed to make the designs better as you said.
>>
>>29059559
Pulling magic cars out from the writers' ass and not expecting people asking them why the cars were never seen before is another proof that they don't care anymore and they just limit themselves to fill 22 minutes with random stuff.
>>
>>29059266
>Dash actually seems to have regressed as a character in S6.
Yeah, especially when comparing Wonderbolts Academy and Newbie Dash. In WA Dash, after a little disagreement, accepted Spitfire's reason for making a her a wingpony, followed LD's lead, and stepped out of line once she realized she was involved in something that was reckless and that it was wrong. But then in ND she takes it upon herself to change part of wonderbolts show which was reckless, not to mention also ignoring the runway procedure.
>>
>>29059325
What fucking cars

Weren't they carts which rely on gravity to move? Did they have engines? I don't remember seeing any. Are you just being autistic?
>>
>>29059873
They could go uphill and had designs of modern cars.
>>
File: car not cart.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
car not cart.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>29059896
>>
File: buzzword intensifies.gif (498KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
buzzword intensifies.gif
498KB, 500x233px
>>29058463
>if you don't think that an episode written and aired several years after Faust left is the worst episode ever, you're a Faustfag
>>
bimp
>>
>>29059904
Optical illusion: the background is tilted, if you make the horizon level the cart is actually going downhill.
>>
>>29058447
Applejack's "Day" Off. It's like an episode that was designed to be boring, not to mention it makes Applejack a fucking retard. Seriously, I think it did a worse job on her than Mare Do Well did on Rainbow Dash. I don't know how the idea even got approved.

>>29059570
>he doesn't know the consistency of the setting was forever destroyed in Hearts and Hooves Day with a shot of children playing video games.
>>
>>29058447
>Clearly was "fifty states" before a quick edit to "fifty cities"
nice headcanon
>We're supposed to think the things that went "wrong" weren't out of anyone's control
Uh, everything that went wrong was because people had jobs to do and Spike prevented them from doing it, but in the end, it was Twiligth's fault for wanting to take a nap at that specific moment; just grab some coffee and be miserable for the rest of the day like normal people. Still, we can't lift all fault off of Spike, who kept making up bad excuses and slowly but steadily composing the mess, like he usually does in his episodes.
>>29061335
Nope, it's actually going paralell to the horizon, and, even then, push a button and the cart goes faster, that has to mean that there's something besides gravity powering the cart, unless RD had put some break on purpose to release later, which is just as fucking stupid.

>>29058463
>Get newest season
>Fasutfag
You've had too many memes for one year, obvious redditor.

>>29059526
>I also wish that the art and design department weren't lazy as fuck
This is certainly the biggest problem, I remember seeing once a comment about how in season 1 they had several rules as to what could be made part of the pony world and how the ponies interacted with it, something along the lines of "don't make ponies hold an umbrella by awkwardly bending their hoof around it, be a little more creative", now cut to season 6 were applejack holds a stick by bending her hoof around it and walking on her back legs.

>>29061387
>what are mechanical games?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinball

Surprised no one has made a single complaint about MMC.
>>
>>29061422
>controlled by joystick
>almost vertical screen
>pinball
It's vidya m8.
>>
>>29058447
>I know it's going to be debated especially given a few episodes of S6, but I don't think you can beat this episode in terms of shittiness
no one will debate that.
>>
>>29061441
>What is the meaning of the world "example"?
>>
>>29061422
Yes, but we're told that what Spike did was bad because he did it out of abusing his power. He didn't tell ponies any of those things while he was abusing his power.

Also fuck literally everyone in that episode, Twilight and Cadance especially. God the entire thing is infuriating even almost two years later.
>>
>>29062346
eh, at least it was supposed to be pushed to "comical" extend, unlike the "lesson" in 28 Pranks Later.
>>
>>29062468
The lesson in Princess Spike was dogshit just like 28PL.
>>
>>29058447
>I don't think you can beat this episode in terms of shittiness.
MMC. Easily.

Not only does it fullly embody everything going wrong prior (Cadence, SA, fucking over the premise behind crystal empire), nearly everything that went wrong afterwards stems directly from it.
>>
Rainbow falls. Never mind how stilted they made Dash's team in compared to the other, nevermind how the wonderbolts, who are suppose to be heroes and a tight nit unit act like selfish jerks. Nevermind how Dash is at her absolute worst in this episode.

No, what pisses me off is it DIDN'T NEED TO EXIST.
Wonderbolt academy did everything this episode was trying to do, and did it so much better. The Key could have been given here, since it was the exact same damn pin she gets in RF. Lightning Dust could have been the one who learns a lesson and apologizes.
Most importantly, seeing RD prepared to walk from her life long dream is just so much better a demonstration of Loyalty.

Rainbow falls was just insultingly juvenile by comparison.

Did the writer for WA not get the memo about the key episodes or something? I they had to scribble this shit pile out to tie things up? I can't think of any other reason behind this.
>>
>>29058447
Pretty much everyone on this board agreed that it was the worst episode in S5 when it came up
>>
File: 143235346543.png (120KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
143235346543.png
120KB, 900x880px
>>29062735
(sorry for the repost)
I know what is to hate an episode, and it really looks like you hate RF so I won't try to change your mind about that episode. But, I'm sorry, I seriously need to ask this
>Dash is at her absolute worst in this episode
Did you watch season 6?
>>
>>29061387
>retarded
So Twilight wasn't being retarded during Lesson Zero? Rainbow wasn't retarded during the hibernation episode; Pinkie during Filli Vanilli; Rarity in Simple Ways; Spike during SAYS?

You act like any of this is new.
>>
>>29062843
Most of the "they were stupid here, too!" examples are a character being neurotic for one afternoon as a result of circumstances and a bad mood. If AJ's Day Off is to be considered canon, her entire character has been compromised by the dumb incompetence it showed there. Why are you trying to convince him that the show was always bad, anyway? He's not even complaining about season 6 as a whole, just one dumb episode that was very unflattering towards a character he probably likes.
>>
>>29062751
Even Big "Go Fuck Yourself" Miller accepted it was a dud episode.

Too bad that nothing came out from that.
>>
>>29063227
>nothing came out from that
Well, yeah, he realized it was unfair to only give Spike absolutely abhorrent episodes, so he decide to give even more terrible episodes to the ponies too, in order to balance it. I think pretty much that explains season 6.
>>
>>29063236
You know what I was trying to say.

Jim is probably the king of backpedaling and goalpost moving because he cannot accept the idea of being compared with Faust and neither cannot accept than even when he's giving his best it's still NOT enough to match the stardards raised by the show itself.

IMO he should just resign and limit himself to direct cheap slapstick cartoons like ed, Edd n' Eddy, since he did a reasonably good job there.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.