[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about people who only watch the show for cute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1033216.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1033216.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What do you think about people who only watch the show for cute ponies doing cute things?

Doesn't that make all the claims about wanting deeper lore, world building, and darker elements pointless?
>>
>>29055984
I hate starlight glimmer.
>>
>>29055984
people watch the show for different things dude
some people want all that fluff and some dont

i mostly watch it for the cute ponies, but i wouldnt have anything against some fluff too. no dark elements tho, fuck no, thats what im trying to get away from with this show in the first place
>>
>>29055984
Yes, as someone who just wants to see characters I like being decent and good to one-another, or at least trying to, I don't care about lore, world building, or darker elements. Not one bit. It's all a waste of time, to me. I want to see happy ponies having a mostly nice time. I understand that some people feel the opposite, and hate what I love and love what I hate. That's fine.
>>
>>29055984
The people who only watch the show for cute ponies doing cute things no longer watch the show.
>>
File: 1479325681163.png (257KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1479325681163.png
257KB, 1000x625px
>>29055984
>wanting edgy dragon ball shit

fuck off now pls
>>
>>29055984
I liked the show because it was about "cute ponies doing cute things". I don't care if we didn't get much lore, I didn't care if some episodes were boring, that was more than enough for me.
I hated season 6 because it was the opposite of cute ponies doing cute things. It was simply awful. In all honestly I can't understand how can anyone call this abomination "cute ponies doing cute things" anymore. I'm just sad.
>>
>>29056042
Oh no, on the contrary I am someone who thinks the show should try to resemble the more light-hearted Nintendo franchises.
>>
>>29055984
If you cease to build lore, you actually make it so character growth can't happen.
>>
>>29056107
You can have lore that isn't deep, and add rather than expand on it.
>>
>>29055984
I want a nice mix of both, please.
>>
>>29055984
>>
>>29057085
Dude, you're fucking pathetic, how many tabs do you keep open to bump all these different shitty threads you've made
>>
been binging it with my daughter and it's good. cute ponies doing cute things. thank god we're past the paw patrol and bubble guppies stage.

we're at I think s2e18 now so plenty left ahead of us. does it go to shit like adventure time with DEEPEST LORE or are they just trying to expand the setting so they have more material for episodes?
>>
>>29056375
This. The old seasons had consistent and interesting world building as well as plenty of cute pony moments.
There's no reason you can't have both, and not resort to the "Equestria is horse America" shit; the current writers are just hacks. (With a couple exceptions)
>>
>>29058329
Latter

>>29058346
Interesting world design doesn't mean world building.
>>
>>29056005
Man you must have hated no second prances
>>
>>29058363
>establishing the world is not world building
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>29058363
thank you anon
>>
>>29055984
The show doesn't have to be intense or dramatic to include world building. Look at Winter Wrap Up.
>>
>>29058413
If there ended up being a village that exists in a place with bouncy mushrooms would that be considered good world building?
>>
File: Home_of_the_Breezies_S4E16.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Home_of_the_Breezies_S4E16.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29058518
You mean like pic related?
And anyway, what kind of question is that?
S1 did more than just add Ponyville to the world.
>>29058469
This guy gets it.
>>
Why not both?

It's an easy to digest show that's cute, but doesn't try annoyingly hard to be cute like a lot of anime.
>>
>>29058558
Actually I was thinking of Mushroom Hill.
>>
>>29055984
>deeper lore, world building
lorefags should neck themselves desu

>darker elements
They already went too far with "darker elements" in the season 5 finale, season 6 pulled it back to an acceptable level.
>>
>>29058366
yeah, i got pretty sad when i realised trixie was trying to kill herself
i just want to hug her and tell her how much i care about her and that she shouldnt do it
>>
>>29059520
Unironically this. That episode defines why I hate season 6. NSP is one of the "good" episodes of the season, and it had a fucking suicide attempt. That was plainly awful and certainly not what I want to see in the show. And it was not even close to being the worst episode of the season.

Fuck, this show used to be uplifting, but I'm being completely honest, more than a half of this season was seriously depressing for me. I'd rather watch Game of Thrones, at least you can be prepared to see shit there, but I wasn't prepared for this season of MLP at all.
>>
>>29060045
OP here, I only brought this topic up because so many people get pissed when I suggest the series should borrow more inspiration from Super Mario Bros. I feel like that would be a great way to keep things simple, cute, and still provide lots of world building.
>>
>>29059520
>>29060045
You know, I wasn't very fond of that episode either, although not just because of that part. It also retconned Magic Duel, which is fucking shit:

Trixie: It's the least I could do. I treated you and your friends so horribly when I was wearing that Alicorn Amulet. I just couldn't control myself. You can forgive me, can't you?
Twilight Sparkle: Hmmm. Sure.
Trixie: Oh, good. Don't you think the Great and Apologetic Trixie is the most magnificent humble pony you've ever seen?!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.