[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think they will surpass all expectations or will they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Cs9xIMGVUAAQRxF.jpg (216KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cs9xIMGVUAAQRxF.jpg
216KB, 1200x675px
You think they will surpass all expectations or will they will crash and burn?
>>
>>29033743
Who really cares anymore?
>>
>>29033743
On one hand I think it's a boring game and could care less if they died.

On the other hand if it was successful I could see some good salty moments for /v/. Not sure though.
>>
>>29033814
>could care less if they died
>could care less
>>
>>29033823
I meant what I said. I probably COULD care less. But I don't really give a shit about the game at all to begin with so that's more effort than I'm willing to put into thought.
>>
>>29033743

Look quite meh to me. Gonna to pirate it only to play the single mode for the lauren faust writing and call the day
>>
>>29033743
Somewhere in the middle. A lot of people will try it, few will stick to it. Everyone is just in it for the cute characters, ten minutes into the story mode people will realize they STILL can't do a dragon punch motion and the last 2 fighting games they played were no flukes and they just can't stand the genre. A couple of autists will play for a thousand hours, obliterate any newbies who ever try and go online. Side tournaments at big events will happen, but have laughable turnouts with like 20 people entering, quarter of which just happened to walk by and never played the game beforehand.

Notable FGC people will talk about it now and then, claiming the mechanics are very good. But never actually play it.
>>
>>29033913
Plausible scenario. I gave both Skullgirls and Them Fighing Herds money, but I could not get past like 10% of the Skullgirls tutotial.

No regrets though. I'm happy that these games get to exist.
>>
>>29034104
Yeah, that's what inspired me to come up with this most plausible of scenarios. Skullgirls' story, and, that of every single fighting game which is not Street Fighter, basically.
>>
>>29034104
>>29034749
Also I'm the autist who wastes a thousand hours on this
>>
>>29033743
It will be a flavor of the month at most.
>>
>>29034104
>but I could not get past like 10% of the Skullgirls tutotial.
Anon, why?
>>
I hope for regular threads on this board, with people looking for others to play with now and again. Maybe that's wishful thinking but that level of popularity is on the upper end of what i realistically expect
>>
>>29033856
>lauren faust writing

Unfiltered Faust writing is going to be hilariously terrible. Isn't one of the characters centered around farting?
>>
>>29033856
You're better off playing Smash and watching the TFH cutscene on youtube.
Fighting game stories aren't that good anyways.
>>29036429
Just wait until the beta/official release that when all the match making will start.
>>
>>29035662
The game asks you to do an air combo at some point, and I just can't input the commands fast enough.
>>
>>29038877
it's most likely not that you weren't fast enough, it was more likely that you weren't inputting them at the right time

if you're a few frames off of an AirMP from an AirLK with a few delayed frames after the launcher then it could fuck up the combo

this isn't an actual example, but it's what i felt was happening to me during fucking cerebella's air combo tut
>>
>>29038877
I've you can't seem to land a combo, most of the time it's because you're inputting stuff too fast rather than not fast enough. You really don't need overwhelming dexterity in Skullgirls, just the patience to figure out the timings
>>
kinda begs the question who this game is geared towards. the fgc won't really give much of a shit because they're probably playing/hyping their own game too much to care about random indie titles (look at rising thunder and that one Sirlin is trying to crowdfund). casuals won't care because most can't even mash out dp to save their lives. horsefags, maybe, but they'll only play long enough to get their lore fix and most will realize that they fall into the second category and drop it before too long.
>>
>>29039247
It's "geared" towards the ten thousand plus people who bothered to fund it. Some of those will be content playing the story mode and calling it a day, some will want to play more competitively (and are aware of the fact this is not going to be the next street fighter). Honestly this game can not "fail" in any sense of the word, the mere circumstance that it's getting made is a success. If it sticks around and spawns a community of any size, that's just bonus.

>look at rising thunder and that one Sirlin is trying to crowdfund
I'm not sure if these are supposed to examples for FGC favourites or "random indie titles". Rising Thunder had a community of ten people and got canceled and Fantasy Strike is universally laughed at. TFH will have *some* draw for the FGC, more so than those 2 examples anyway.
>>
>>29033743
Probably the latter but I hope not.
>>
will they do a christmas stream or will they think of an excuse as to why they can't or will they have the balls to admit they can't be assed to
>>
>>29040605
>christmas stream
>working during christmas

as nice as it would be, it's very unlikely
>>
File: 1469895618281.png (163KB, 474x364px) Image search: [Google]
1469895618281.png
163KB, 474x364px
>>29033743
The fact that it still exists is surpassing my expectations.

Sadly >>29033913
is most likely right. And I fucking hate to say it, why are fighters so "love it or hate it"

I've been working really fucked up schedules and keep missing streams, does it still look kinda like a more ground based marvel? It was fun when it was FiM and that's all I can really hope for when TFH has at least something playable out.
>>
>>29033743
I mean I think the characters are qt3.14s
>>
>>29040746
It looks probably the exact way you'd expect it to look.
>>
I really feel the need to say that I hate the developers of this game. Their attitude, the way they talk, the way they act, fuck them. I've been following this since it's inception as Fighting is Magic and they've always sucked, but it's gotten worse with TFH. They are so super thin skinned and you have to suck their dick and pamper them to make them communicate with you at all, they dismiss absolutely everything and anyone who doesn't play by their tune, critizice anything they do or say and they'll hush you up, they have so many shitty ideas and ways of handling things and don't listen to anyone. Don't even talk about any fuckups with anyone. Trying to uphold the illusion that they are the infallible sons of god who do everything perfect 24/7 when in reality they are just a bunch of thickheaded lazy shits. It's easy to see why they didn't want open development of any kind because half of what they do is shit and they'd have to give up a lot of the credit if people more knowledgable than them got involved. The only reason this project got anywhere at all is because they were also too conceited to let it die and you can make up for stupidity and an utter lack of planning, experience and skills with pure determination alone if you've got the time to waste.

Thanks for reading, I really needed to say that.
>>
>>29039247
I can't tell from just watching it yet but as long as the fundamentals are sound, I'll set it up a few times in the local hangout. I think the odds are against it being as good as people want it to (fighting games are hard) but what I've seen is at least not terrible.
>>
>>29033913
>Notable FGC people will talk about it now and then, claiming the mechanics are very good. But never actually play it.
Can you teach me how to be this on point?
>>
>>29041789
>>
>>29041789

not sure if indie dev general pasta or actual rant
>>
>>29043480
Rant from the bottom of my heart.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.