[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is of my professional opinion that if most S1/2 episodes came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

It is of my professional opinion that if most S1/2 episodes came out now as opposed to back then, people would hate them for one reason or another
>>
File: 1480969620283.png (398KB, 1084x736px) Image search: [Google]
1480969620283.png
398KB, 1084x736px
>>29025646
Of course more we have to hate on the new. It's just a way of nature
Just like with the Pokemon regions. Each one had good ones and each had bad and Kanto definitely wasn't the best.

Also, why did you use an EG pic to talk about the show? That's just gonna derail the thread.
>>
>>29025646
I've thought about this myself. A lot of the bitching about seasons 5 and 6 people do can just as easily be applied to earlier seasons. I just rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 and there were a lot of moments that made me go "damn, if that was a new episode today, /mlp/ would be bitching so hard"
>>
>>29025660
>Also, why did you use an EG pic to talk about the show? That's just gonna derail the thread.
Heh, because anybody who would complain about it would automatically prove themselves to be an autistic baby, proving any argument they make invalid. The types who rage against EQG are likely the exactly the same types I'm talking about in my original post, sort of proving my own point to myself I suppose.
>>
>>29025722
That seems like a great idea in theory butbmost of those people are too stupid to realize that they are stupid and just keep spouting autism.
>>
>>29025646
As someone who wishes season 6 never happened or that he could pretend it never did, that's not true for me. I'm not very picky and I don't like complaining for the sake of it, and I knew exactly what I hated about season 6. The issues that really bothered me were not present in the earlier seasons. I'm not going to explain my feelings further, because someone always wants to make a "debate" out of it and tell me why my feelings are wrong and that I should love season 6 as much as they do.
>>
>>29026041
I personally think season 6 was mediocre, it did not have as many memorable episodes in my opinion as 4 or 5....but, that is bound to happen isn't it? It is impossible for a show to go on for this many seasons without some being worse than others or at the very least having less good episodes than others
>>
>>29025646
Not much of a point. Season 1 was what made me love the show, and I know for sure that if season 6 had been my first season, I wouldn't have even finished it, I would just have dropped it. I also know for sure that other people enjoyed this season more than older season, so if you had watched season 6 first and then you had watched season 1, you would have thought that season 1 was shit. Different people like this show for different reasons, and what made me love it is pretty much gone. The fact that whatever you like in the show is still there, or is even more present than in previous seasons doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>29026078
I don't mind unexciting, mild, or slow-paced episodes, normally. I don't easily get bored watching the show, especially if I care about the protagonist. Some of my favorite episodes of the series are Apple Bloom episodes, notorious for being mediocre/forgettable/filler. If the problem was that things weren't interesting or exciting enough, it wouldn't be a problem to me. >>29026098 has a good point. It isn't about technical quality; I think some season 6 episodes are pretty good while I loathe the season in all for what its done, but the things I really care about were not handled in a way that I like.
>>
>>29025646
considering episodes like boast busters, I wouldn't blame them
>>
wrong
>>
Starting about halfway through S3 I started skipping through episodes because they were just so DULL.

I *think* it was the Spike slavery episode that broke it's back, and apart from odd ones here and there I've not been really engaged by any episode since.
They just don't have the 'charm' they used to.
>>
>Twilight suddenly loses the wings, the gaudy castle and the ret-cons
I would shriek with joy until I died of an apoplectic fit while /mlp/ melted into a warm sticky goo.
>>
>>29026098
Try me, playa, tell me what reasons you don't like the show anymore

>>29026109
>while I loathe the season in all for what its done, but the things I really care about were not handled in a way that I like.
So, what has the season done and what things weren't handled the way you like
>>
>>29026359
>what reasons you don't like the show anymore
I no longer find it kind. The only reason why I liked this show is, it was a happy and optimistic. Now except for maybe 6-7 episodes, this season was exactly the opposite. I really feel that the original idea behind the show was "something nice and happy doesn't need to be cheesy and boring", and now the show has moved to something completely different, like "something for little girls doesn't need to be nice and happy".

Sure that "niceness" wasn't the only thing the show had, but without it the show isn't any better than any other show for me. It's no longer "cute ponies doing cute things", it's "cute ponies being dicks", and if I have to watch someone being a dick, I'd rather watch anything else.

Now, I'm curious,
>Try me
why do you people think that the fact that some of us don't like the show anymore has to affect you in any way? No one is telling you that you're wrong, at least not ITT, and if someone does it, he's an idiot because there aren't "rights" and "wrongs" here so, why are you always so defensive?
>>
>>29026445
>It's no longer "cute ponies doing cute things", it's "cute ponies being dicks"
Oh, like when Rainbow Dash cheated against Applejack, or the time Fluttershy made Rarity and Pinkie cry, or all the times Rainbow Dash made fun of Twilight, or the time Rarity and AJ were practically at each others throats during the sleepover ? Or when Twilight was a total bitch to Pinkie trying everything she could to prove that her pinkie sense wasn't real just so she could laugh in her face? Or the time Twilight enchanted a doll in order to create problems among her friends just so she'd have an excuse to solve said problem that she created? Yeah, it was always so "nice" back in the old days where every pony just got along

>why do you people think that the fact that some of us don't like the show anymore has to affect you in any way?
Because you post here
>>
>>29026497
Do you feel better now? Sometimes venting is all we need.
>>
>>29026522
I won't feel anything until people like you kill themselves despite their dubs

Now look at my dubs
>>
>>29026547
That's kinda pathetic, Anon.
>>
>>29026547
Don't be a dick. Look at it this way, at least you still have the show, "we" don't.
>>
>>29026622
Not that guy but why do you post here of you don't even like the show.
>>
>>29026603
Not looking forward to the next season? FUCK OFF, nobody fucking needs you around

>>29026622
Go hop on the next memewagon faggot, I hear /trash/ has SU threads or some shit, Loud House is new, go to their threads on /co/
>>
>>29025646
>implying the only reason to hate on certain episodes are because they're new
I personally liked most all of S6 and I've been watching since early 2011.

What people tend to hate on isn't that the episodes are new, but that they introduce change into the series, change that they don't agree with. That's a perfectly natural response. "Autistic" outcries regarding this topic are nothing more than individuals seeking the validation of others' opinion on the matter.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I accept that other anons on this board have wildly different opinions than me.
>>
>>29026661
>don't even like the show
That's kinda inaccurate, I don't like the show "anymore", but I like 5 seasons of it and I'm looking forward to the movie. That's still the vast majority of "the show", so for at least other 4 years I'd have liked more seasons than seasons I disliked. Until then, I technically "like" the show (on average). And I hope Miller and Haber get cancer and die way before those 4 years had passed so I can like it again.

I'm here because I love the characters and this is the best place where I can talk about them. I'm not always saying "I HATE SEASON 6, THE SHOW IS SHIT", I said what I said in this thread only to prove my point, because I think the OP is wrong. Not to brag about it, not to convince anyone else to stop liking the show, I'm saying that the show has changed and I prefer the old seasons way more than this.

>>29026704
Seriously, why are you so mad? NO ONE is attacking you, stop being so fucking egocentric.
>>
>>29025678
But /mlp/ was bitching about them. It was just less about the quality and more about the tone of it. Anons were complaining about how the cartoon wasn't realistic enough or going on about taking things out of context. Tyrantlestia was spoken frequently for a reason. Also, old /mlp/ hated the CMC and thought they were useless.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 450x338px
>>29025646
Imagine the shitstorm if Look Before You Sleep came out in S3 or later.
>>
>>29026722
What is it about S6 that somehow makes it worse than every other season to you?
>>
this board proves that girls and fags use this place to talk about ponies and not the idea of the show.
>>
>>29026768
Already answered. >>29026445
If you're going to write another essay explaining how wrong I am, don't bother. Unless it makes you feel better, then be my guest.
>>
>>29027013
I'm not that other guy.

However I completely agree with him
>>
File: aliens.jpg (82KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
82KB, 750x720px
>>29027105
>I completely agree with him
I hope you don't. I mean, If you still like the show, good for you, I won't deny that I'm jealous. But if you agree on the part of start screaming like an idiot because someone has a different opinion and you want a safe space where only people who think exactly like you can post, then, well, I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>29027183
Not like that. I mean his point that the previous seasons don't seem any less mean spirited than S6.
>>
>>29026728
The CMC didn't have much going on for them, except for being cute, in season one. It took me until season 4 to start liking Apple Bloom and have her be my favorite character, and season 5 was a masterpiece to me for that. It seems that half the board still does hate the CMC, despite their new development and depth, with how people react to CMC episodes and Apple Bloom's in particular.
>>
File: 306 Sleepless in Ponyville.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
306 Sleepless in Ponyville.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>29026359
The posts after this one validates my earlier worry that high-strung people will try to make a debate out of it and tell me that my personal feelings and subjective tastes are wrong, but okay. I'll try and humor you anyway with some brief feelings. I fully agree with the post directly after yours.

- Earlier seasons left me feeling good about what I've seen by having everyone get along at the end of the episode. Even if they didn't understand each-other or were kind of rude, they'd apologize and realize what they were doing wrong, and things would be okay at the end. Now, characters can be downright cruel, then just fix the mistake and go away rather than actually caring about what they've done. Nothing in season 1 or 2 was as unkind as Carts Before the Ponies, where the antagonists just simply didn't care about what they were doing.

- The CMC are my favorite, and really all I deeply care about in this show, and they got less attention than ever. I don't need many episodes focused on them as the main protagonists, as I acknowledge their place as being less important than the mane 6, but they hardly had any secondary or background roles either. There was one AB-focused CMC episode, one balanced CMC episode, and one episode where the CMC were bullied by their sisters, who stole the song and second half of the episode. For secondary roles where they actually got to talk, Scootaloo did something in Newbie Dash, the three of them were in 28 Pranks Later, and Apple Bloom got like 3 minutes in the episode about AJ telling her a story. That was the entire season for them. It was less than they've ever gotten. The timing is bad for that, when they're at a new point and phase in their lives and people who actually like them are curious on what they're doing now.

On a final feel, I loved kind Applesis interaction, and got none of it in this season. I hope season 7 will give the CMC more respect and feel more pleasant and happy, and I stick around with that hope.
>>
season 5 was a chore to get through and I couldn't even finish season 6.

i blame the lack of funny in the show now.
>>
>>29025646
yes, because any show seems shittier for fags with time. It's just getting boring.
the last season of SP is shit.
>>
Because this show does not need 6 seasons, no show does. It should have had ended, ended with dignity. Look at great shows recently, the do not how more than 3 seasons. Now look at Simpsons or Spongebob. Let it die.
>>
>>29032760
so, exactly how many seasons did Simpsons last before it went bad?
>>
File: quibble.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quibble.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>29025646
Before it was uncool and weird to like Ponies so people on 4 chins did it because this site is basically contrarians anonymous.

Now Bronydom is this big international thing with its own conventions and celebrities that is sort of becomeing socially acceptable and main stream all the contrarians of 4 chins are switching sides and now come to the pony board to shit talk the show to prove how againsts the grain they are.
>>
>>29032807
People say around seasons 8-10.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.