[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel that the show has turned way too adult? It felt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1375541782753.png (264KB, 1024x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1375541782753.png
264KB, 1024x1426px
Anyone else feel that the show has turned way too adult? It felt like watching a show aimed at kids at first but these days it just feels like a fandom pleaser.

I miss the innocense and simple times when it actually felt like you were watching a childrens show.
>>
>>29014600
You know, I'm receiving contradictory messages from this board, a few threads ago someone was complaining that the show was being childish, now someone is complaining it is being too adult. make up your mind.
>>
>>29014600
I don't even think it's a "fandom pleaser", SoL was a "fandom pleaser" and, whether you liked it or not, it's absolutely obvious that the rest of the recent episodes weren't like SoL. I think that the main problem is, the writers don't know what they're supposed to do. Not to mention, I'm 100% sure some of the newest writers have never watched the show.
>>
>>29014603
I, for one, am glad that we're not a hivemind and that different people are allowed to have conflicting views without it being a contradiction. I agree with OP. All this unpleasant shit in the show is always defending with "friends/family don't always get along you autist, it's realistic!". I was watching this show for a fantasy world where characters actually care about each-other.
>>
>>29014603
Lol u guise 1 opnniun allowed olny
>>
>>29014635
Very much this. I don't care if the ponies acting like bitches all the time is more "realistic", I don't watch a cartoon with magical talking horses expecting realism. I honestly can't understand what kind of satisfaction provides watching ponies acting like random retards from Big Brother or any other reality, if someone really likes that good for them, but this is not what I wanted in the show, and now the show is pretty much nothing else.
>>
>>29014603
We are not ED with a hivemind here, you faggot.
>>
>>29014600
I feel the exact opposite. I truely feel as though it has become a more bogged down, and mean spirited attempt to be "hip" in today harsh, irony littered preteen culter.
The episode plots strangely are centering more and more about material possessions, and characters flaws that come about from them. I dont feel any joy that inst immediately squashed from any of these characters except maybe Twilight.
God help us please.
>>
I want show to be idealistic without being childish.
I also want Twi to loose wings.
Both of these things will never happen.
>>
File: 06.png (171KB, 861x929px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
171KB, 861x929px
>>29014600

She literally has a pentagram for a cutie mark, you tell me
>>
This fandom sure is hard to please.
>>
>>29015058
when i masturbate, i usually cum in less than 2 minutes
>>
>>29014600
Yeah that sex scene between Fluttershy and Discord made me realize this show has changed. It's no longer a fun little kids' cartoon, but something more mature and gritty.
>>
>>29014600
No, I think the show is getting too dumbed down. Not because it's getting older, but because most the writers don't communicate with each other or even care to watch their own show.
>>
>>29014600
Not adult, just focused on stupid maymays that will please fandom, like le epin references and funny faces
They're trying too hard.
>>
>>29014600
They are responding to the money. We have a lot more money and autism to burn, ergo Hasbro has shifted to please us... or the most autistic money-hemorrhaging of us.
>>
File: IMG_5451.jpg (49KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5451.jpg
49KB, 427x240px
>>29014600
why dont you go back to watching your baby show, baby
>>
>>29014635
Yes it is a contradiction, you retard. Fuck you and everyone else like you.

>>29014603
They meant that the show is now made for the manchildren demographic. Kind of like Family Guy. There's nothing really mature for intelligent audiences and there's nothing charming for younger audiences.

If everyone in this fandom thinks that Return of Harmony is the best episode, that Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed are funny and enjoyable.
Then it's clear the fanbase is made out of tasteless idiots who only want reaction pictures and to shove their horrible taste down everyone's throat and piss off everyone.

That's why Faust should have kickstarted a new show or had her own website where retards and idiots aren't encouraged, like the mods do with the endless greentext and broken logic going unpunished.
>>
File: Rainbow_chillax.jpg (120KB, 818x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_chillax.jpg
120KB, 818x1035px
>>29015578
>>
File: IMG_4269.png (2MB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4269.png
2MB, 1768x992px
Reminder that the show has been doing this since Season 2, it's hardly a new development and it's disingenuous to act like it is.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.