[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad do you think the next Quarterly will be due to Guardians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

How much money do you think hasbro is going to lose on this shit not selling?
>>
It's actually selling quite a bit, simply based on how many Amazon reviews there are. I guess we'll wait until the quarterly for results, though.

Hasbro did get them into wide distribution during the biggest toy season so that's good. I see them in Wal-Mart now.
>>
>>29001332
but are the shelves EMPTY? Toys that are big sellers at christmas tend to sell to empty left and right, having to be constantly restocked from zero due to demand.

if they're selling like 1 or 2, that's not really moving alot, and they'll end up like the millions of Rainbow rocks toys that are still being marked down on shelves (Seriously, WTF, how many of those toys did hasbro make? There's more RR toys than there are LOE and FG toys right now)
>>
>>29001340
Yeah, they're pretty empty from what I've seen. Though they sell well on Amazon too.

Hasbro way overproduced Rainbow Rocks stuff because they thought based on the mild success of the first film that a TON of more stuff was needed. Same for FG. By the time they were designing for LoE, they were realizing that they had unsold stock and stopped making so much.

But anyway, GoH will be fine.
>>
>>29001323
The ponies, sure. Spike and the guys like cheese sandwhich? That's a little dicier.
They seem to think that they have to make the toyline about the males in the show, which the show has never been about before. They'll probably sell out of the mane six and be left with a bunch of unsold shining armors, spikes and Cheese sandwhiches
>>
>>29001323
>best looking toys yet
>not selling
>>
Took a couple of weeks before I could buy the Nightmare Moon toy. If they make more like that they will probably make some nice profits considering

a) Nerds like us will buy them
b) Kids always want the fanciest toy - mine do at least
c) The markup is much higher than normal toys
>>
>>29001474
Nah, Spike and Shining Armor are selling fine. Cheese Sandwich on the other hand is not selling nearly as well.
>>
>>29001482
>best looking

that's a very "up to the beholder" think. Alot of girls think brushables and Minis look better than scowling angry horses
>>
>>29001552
GoH has better quality control than the Minis, but they also cost more. Guess that makes sense.
>>
>>29001552
I can only cite a couple of my cousins on that matter who hate brushables because it never stays in place like it should
>>
They look cheap to make and kids love stupid looking $30 crap like this, they'll probably turn a nice profit.
>>
>>29003192
EqG Minis sadly tip over all the time. I think they were designed on paper better than the material allows them to be.
>>
>>29004031
the problem is that they don't come with a stand, the next wave will
they even have holes in the bottom of the feet for the stands
it makes them frustrating to pose, but if you're careful or crafty, you can make it work
I had gotten a Sunset shimmer to stand on ONE leg before
>>
>>29004517
I just keep hearing about even adults having trouble with them breaking. Meanwhile, Guardians of Harmony toys can easily be made to rear up on their back legs.

I guess that's just a matter of style difference. GoH is more proportional while the Minis are obviously a chibi style.
>>
File: 1459385576762.png (269KB, 424x484px) Image search: [Google]
1459385576762.png
269KB, 424x484px
>>29001323
>pequeno spike
Why did I find that so funny
>>
>>29004517
>I had gotten a Sunset shimmer to stand on ONE leg before
Is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8cBP2dL8A
>>
These things are absolutely bombing. I checked the Cheese Sandwich toy in brickseek last week and the stock is exactly the same today with only one sold out of 13 stores near me. Has anyone checked the actual stores to confirm?
>>
>>29005263
Stop trying to false flag, they're doing fine.
>>
>>29005269

I want them to succeed as much as everyone else. Is brickseek reliable in terms of tracking sales? If some sold would they be restocked quickly, I didn't actually check every day but these stock numbers are exactly the same they were last week with the exception of one store with 10 in stock when it was previously 11.

In addition the amazon sales ranks were never really that impressive were they?
>>
>>29005328
All of them were picked as top toys on Amazon for Christmas so, yeah.
>>
>>29001323
They just need to make pony versions of of the minis. Those are selling like bullets in Russia right now.
>>
>>29005512
These were made because there was a demand for action toys.
>>
>>29005512
>Those are selling like bullets in Russia right now.
Damn, are those commies trying to weaponize minis into cute bombs or something?
>>
>>29005263
You're nuts - the Target they appeared at in my neck of the woods cleared out half a large shipper of the whole line in three days.The only one that had trouble selling was the Soarin'/Spitfire $30 thing on account of the giant action noise accessory - but it's a pill slightly less hard to swallow because it's two articulated ponies of the two most well known Wonderbolts.

Honestly if Hasbro had been making the toys like this at the start of G4, they would have been swimming in more money than imaginable to even a toy company. Just compare the original Queen Chrysalis 'brushable' repaint to the exceptional sculptwork on the new one.
>>
>>29005263
Cheese sandwhich is sucking because no one gives a SHIT about cheese sandwhich. Why the fuck they picked him for a toy, and an expensive toy at that, is beyond me.

On the other hand, I'm seeing the spikes actually move pretty good at the stores near me-- I guess there must be more spike fans than I thought in the target demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKaSXoibpI

>>29005562
I don't know, the chrysalis brushable's voice lines kind of win me over there.
Crappy swords are nothing compared to good villain lines ("Brush my hair... my dear minion" actually works as strange as it may sound)
>>
>>29006356
To be fair, it doesn't take much to sell a goddamn fire breathing dragon in armor to a little kid, especially a boy.

>>29005562
The wingpack is inexplicable really. I hope the comic that GoH has explains it better.
>>
>>29006401
I don't think the comic needs to try and explain it; the jetpack isn't a "real" jetpack, its just a cloud that you put them in-- its supposed to represent a jet trail behind them, its not supposed to actually be a physical object.
>>
>>29006408
Pretty sure it makes a sound like giant metal wings are unfolding. And it isn't their wings, it's clearly something they strap into anyway.
>>
>Bad sales
>While Christmas getting closer
>>
>>29006356
I have one but I am too scared to brush her hair
>>
>>29006356
>those soundbites

Why does she sound like she's getting off in all of those lines?
>>
>>29006356
The Spike toy has a projectile and looks cool, that means it sells.
>>
>>29006777
She's a succubus, that's kind of to be expected.
>>
>>29006356
Spike is a massive dragon that shoots fireballs.
Who the fuck wouldn't want that?
>>
>>29006356
did she say "every BRONY will know my beauty"?
>>
>>29009588
no
>>
>>29006616
They got the GoH main series out in time.
>>
File: large.jpg (104KB, 1082x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
104KB, 1082x1024px
>>29010627
Not all of it. This isn't for sale yet.
>>
>>29011104
Isn't it at Gamestop?
>>
>>29011385
not at mine
>>
File: albinodragon.png (229KB, 762x719px) Image search: [Google]
albinodragon.png
229KB, 762x719px
>>29011385
>today's bronies can get their pony figures at FUCKING GAMESTOP

These motherfuckers no nothing of the anxiety of knowing you look like a creep lurking the pink aisle.
>>
>>29012746
Well that's why MLP's aisle is usually not painted pink anymore

besides, who do you think buys the toys for the kids, the little girls themselves? They'll just assume you're guying toys for your daughter or niece so long as you're not ogling the toys in a "OH GOD I LOVE THIS" way
>>
>>29013342
This entire line basically made MLP very not pink.
>>
>>29012746
You look like a creep at Gamestop, just not out of place.
>>
>>29006356
That's the most insulting Chrysalis toy I've ever seen. I feel like making a Tumblr account because of this.
>>
File: albhwc.jpg (481KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
albhwc.jpg
481KB, 1054x1600px
>>29013364
Logo too.
>>
>>29013404
It has a good head sculpt and a good eye sticker.

The body looks atrocious though, and would it kill them to bend the legs a little?
>>
>>29013415
That shit's skill girly as fuck, Just because its purple instead of pink doesn't mean shit when its still covered in hearts-- Not to mention purple's still a girly color, just not AS girly.

They shouldn't have the MLP logo on Guardians of harmony toys anyways, just use the "GOH" logo, its neutral.
>>
>>29013421
It's like Bug Queen Barbie. "oh, like, look at my beauty, and my socks, and my....hair brush....."
>>
File: 063.gif (719KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
063.gif
719KB, 320x240px
>>29005560
YOU SEE IVAN
UNICORN WILL MAKE EXCELLENT BULLET SUBSTITUTES
FORE THEY ALLOW FRIENDLY FIRE THROUGH FRIENDSHIP
>>
File: 1478417452569.jpg (128KB, 815x898px) Image search: [Google]
1478417452569.jpg
128KB, 815x898px
Japanese highly articulated ponies when?
>>
>>29013404
not seeing the issue. What, is it the socks you're hating on?
>>
>>29013463
Maybe if the movie is a hit.
>>
>>29013471
It's the body being fat.
>>
>>29013477
I want my revoltech Celestia
>>
>>29013481
oh come on, she's not THAT fat.
>>
>>29013434
They have that on the fan series, don't they?
>>
>>29013477
the movie's going to be shit and fail harder than the powerpuff girls.

Seriously, WTF, they're releasing it when the show's basically at its death, not at the height of its popularity.
>>
>>29013481
It's pretty much the exact same body that was used on Celestia and Nightmare Moon.

Speaking of which, I still need to pick up Nightmare Moon.
>>
>>29013636
You do know how long it takes to make a movie? It's not like they knew how popular MLP was going to be back in 2010.
>>
>>29014630
It's a 2D movie, and they made Equestria Girls in S4's time.

They could've had it, but no they had to rival Monster High.
>>
>>29014630
Most movies take only about 3 years to make, less for animated movies.

They didn't greenlight this movie until Season 4. That's a whole level of WTF given how popular the show was by Season 2.
>>
I hope we get mane six statuettes next. Fuck, chrysalis got one AND a toy, where's my rainbow dash statuette?
>>
>>29017237
2small

At best we'll get a Fluttershy with a Dis-

oh wait, comic con already had that
>>
>>29017543
they can make big ones of the mane six; just strap armor on them and bam, they're already bigger than they were.
>>
>>29017612
>inb4 Monkey's paw that they're the Rainbow Powered versions
>>
File: full.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
full.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>29017670
Its like when we all wished that they'd make a season finale without twilight being the central focus.

And boy did we get it.
>>
>>29017670
Meh, could be worse
>>
>>29016830

Show's still decently popular, just not so much with the older "brony" crowd. I imagine a huge chunk of the people that watch the show watch it on Netflix. Most people that stopped watching lost interest in the show over time due to getting burnt out on it or moving on to other shows rather then leaving the show because they thought it was shit and will probably come out to watch the movie if it turns out to be good. The volume of pony stuff is only going up so it's pretty obvious that things are going well.

>>29013434
Being more bluish purple rather then hot pink goes a long way towards making it more gender neutral. Also the hearts are partially canceled out by the more stylized font for "Friendship is Magic. It's not perfect but it's a hellova lot better then hot pink in Disney Princess font.
>>
Man, GoH hasn't arrived yet in my country.
>>
>>29020857
Stop living in Kazakhstan
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.