[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twilight Sparkle. Starlight Glimmer. Sunset Shimmer. What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 1399198264366.jpg (1MB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
1399198264366.jpg
1MB, 1200x658px
Twilight Sparkle.
Starlight Glimmer.
Sunset Shimmer.

What do these have in common? Light. Light is a metaphor for magic. And all of these ponies' magic, however powerful they are, are nothing compared to the light of the moon—Luna—or especially the light of the sun—Celestia. And while the moon is so much dimmer than the sun, it can still eclipse the sun, as Luna eclipsed her sister a thousand years ago.

But if light symbolises magic and friendship is magic, then Celestia's blazing sun corresponds to the blazing magic of friendship, the friendship that illuminates the world.

And then Chrysalis came along, powered by Shining Armor's love for his bride, and overpowered Celestia herself.

Is not love then magic far more powerful than friendship can ever be?

Is the message not then that love is greater than friendship?
>>
>>28999139
and Celestia will guide them.
>>
>>28999139
There names are references to order, specifically the order of light in the day. That order is also followed in the order of being students. Sunset was a student before Twilight and Starlight a student after Twilight which matches their order exactly. To follow this theme, Twilight would either have a second student or Starlight if she became an Alicorn about either midnight or dawn; depending on how you want to interpret the name "Starlight".
>>
>>28999253
Interestingly, Starlight was intended to be named Aurora Glimmer but had to be changed because of copyright.
>>
>>28999139
So your saying that Celestia guides her subjects by her prize pupils?
>>
>>28999253
Possibly it references that as well, but the trend of light with magic is too strong.

There are many ponies with references to light in their names and all of them are gifted unicorns, with the exception of Glimmer having attending Celestia's school. In addition to the three mentioned,

Sunburst
Moondancer
Amethyst Star
Starshine
Twinkle Star
>>
>>28999336
>sunburst
>gifted
>>
>>28999363
Gifted enough to attend Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, which sort of has "for gifted unicorns" in the name.
>>
>>28999373
He flunked out you dongle
>>
>>28999373
>for gifted unicorns
I think of expensive school and nothing special about it.
>>
File: 394594359345.gif (2MB, 242x442px) Image search: [Google]
394594359345.gif
2MB, 242x442px
>>28999139
Celestia is a jobber and is a complete joke.

Sure she might be more powerful than Twilight at the moment, through having thousands of years to develop her magic, but Twiggles is the goddamn element of magic and will probably surpass her at some point.
>>
>>28999416
Celestia used to have the ability to harness all six elements of harmony, including the element of magic, by herself.

She is all elements of harmony, but cannot wield them as of banishing her sister.
>>
>>28999139
The problem is we've never seen Celestia actually have any friends.
>>
>>28999502
>>28999467
>>
File: 2356236236236236.png (30KB, 451x257px) Image search: [Google]
2356236236236236.png
30KB, 451x257px
>>28999502
>Celestia is afraid of making friends because she fears having to lose them all again.

;_;
>>
Human semen is a delicacy to mares.

Especially mares with high magical power.

So much, that, they can smell it.

So much that, they absolutely crave it.

And more than willing to use their vast power to get what they want.

Especially if there's three of them.
>>
>>28999915
I need a green of Twilight, Sunset and Glimmer raping Anon for his sperm.
>>
>>28999139
Autism: the post
>>
File: 1480387854821.png (835KB, 812x792px) Image search: [Google]
1480387854821.png
835KB, 812x792px
>>28999923
Thanks anon.
>>
>>28999139
Twilight Sparkle.
Starlight Glimmer.
Sunset Shimmer.

What do these have in common? They are mary sues with nothing interesting or meaningful about them.
>>
>>28999139
>Sunset Shimmer.
Not canon, also I dont "light" anywhere, but your point is pretty good
>>
>>28999915

Semen of rare animals is always a delicacy between wizards
>>
File: IMG_1361.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1361.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
DISCUSSION?

On MY /mlp/?

Heresy!
>>
>>28999139
Don't look too much into it. Most unicorns are named after light and celestial bodies. Most Pegasi are named after the weather and/or some type flying creature. Most earth pones are named after food or some type of mineral.
>>
>>28999139
The problem is that you're dividing 'love' and 'friendship' into mutually exclusive categories - as if they somehow stand opposed to each other.

But the thing is that love - romantic love, as Cadance and Shining Armor had - is based on all the same tenets that bind a friendship together. Sure, one is vastly deeper emotionally than the other, but they aren't so dissimilar. In fact, for that exact reason - love being so much deeper than friendship - then if you put them on a scale with the same metric, it's little surprise love is that powerful.

Also, the alicorn sisters jobbing at literally fucking everything is completely retarded and one of the show's big mistakes. Getting involved in a fight with one of them should be like pissing off a force of reality itself, but lazy writers don't know how to produce threats other than "look at them, they defeated an alicorn!"
>>
>>29002853
> force of reality itself
Spotted the princessfag
>>
>>29002853
I agree.
>>
G
>>
>>28999139

>Is the message not then that love is greater than friendship?

"For God so loved the world, He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life."

John 3:16
>>
>>29003153
The Way of Love

>"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

>Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

>Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

>So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Corinthians 13

Not even a Christfag. I just think the Bible has a sort of beautiful message.
>>
File: derp-75.png (287KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
derp-75.png
287KB, 819x1024px
>>28999139
So Cadance is the overlord
>>
>>28999139
Well, if Light is a metaphor for magic, then Void, the antithesis of Light, is a metaphor for what?
>>
>>29003780
That doesn't even need a metaphor. Void is void of light.
>>
>>29004001
So Void is void of magic?
>>
>>29004050
And thus of friendship. It is the primordial discord.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.