[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: d9j4n26.png (400KB, 1248x639px) Image search: [Google]
d9j4n26.png
400KB, 1248x639px
Six months have passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned him into stone.

Six months have passed since first Equestrian banners rose above Canterlot,former residence of chaos god.

Six months have passed since ponies throughout the world were united under the rule of royal sisters.

But the peace has not yet come into the kingdom.Bandits and outlaws oppress local population, dragons and griffins raid border towns and terrifying monsters,spawned by Discord's ill imagination still roam the land.

It is up to you now to stop them!
You are a member of the Night Guard, fresh out of training and eager to protect your homeland from all kinds of danger.

You are Frosty Rime, unicorn mare with a talent for cryomancy, private of first Hillhoof regiment.

Current equipment:
Sacrificial knife.

Current party members:
Wild Gust - pegasus mare, private of first Hillhoof regiment.
Arcane Mane - unicorn stallion, private of Lunar Mages.

You and your party are now at the 'Happy Orchard' farm, whose inhabitants turned out to be some kind of cultists and who, against your best efforts managed to summon an Ursa Minor.
Also at the farm you found a cursed filly who seems to nullify all magic around her.

Previous thread:
>>28929782
>>
>>28967407
>>28967343

You jumped from the altar and ran to the body of cultist hag trying to get her knife. The moment you reached it you heard a voice in your head: "Danger behind. Roll right."
You instinctively complied and a pair of hooves kicked the air in the place where your head was a second ago. You turned around to see cultist's hind legs preparing for another strike.
"Duck. Strike." - voice continued to command you, and having no time to question it you just do as it said. Cultist whom you now recognised as Side Kick missed you again and you slashed his hip with your knife.
Stallion screamed and lost balance, falling on the ground. You quickly looked around: starspawn was still fighting with some...thing not so far away from ritual circle, Arcane was now galloping into your direction and last cultist was sprawled on the ground, blood running from his head.
"Good." - continued mysterious voice - "Now finish him."

What are you going to do now?
>>
>>28971813
voice has not steared us wrong yet
finish him
>>
>>28971848

You obey the voice and stab the stallion in his chest. Blood bursted from the wound, splashing on your coat, while cultist trashed for a couple of moments and then passed away.
"Good. Book must be nearby. Read about ritual. Stop the beast." - continued the voice, pleased with your actions. You walked to hag's corpse and picked up a grimoire, while holding the knife in your mouth.
Fortunately previous owner had left a bookmark at page describing the ritual, so without hesitation you immersed yourself in reading.
"Rime!" - you heard Arcane as he ran closer to you, grimacing from pain - "What in the name of Luna are you doing? We must get out of here!"
"Fear." - Voice appeared in your head again - "Fear and guilt in his voice. Afraid of you, of the book. You can't run away. Beast is faster."

Your actions?
>>
>>28971929
arcane is a much better mage then we are
trust her judgment take the book, take the filly, take gust and run
>>
>>28971939
god damit i said her again
why do i keep thinking arcane is female
>>
>>28971939
well more to the point she is far more knowledgeable on such matters
>>
>>28971939

"Nevermind" - you replied, putting a knife as the bookmark and closing the book - "can you take Gust?"
"Idiot." - grunted the Voice in your head - "Why all of you are idiots?"
"Sure. Just give me a moment." - he nodded, coming closer to your pegasus friend. You looked around and noticed a small silhouette behind sacrificial circle.
"Hey, little one, we need to run now." - you said as friendly as possible.
"Who are you talking with?" - Arcane came to your side. You had no time to answer, as filly stood up and your unicorn companion's eyes widened and he took a couple of steps back. He muttered something incoherently and after that shook his head.
"Well, that changes everything." - he said, surprisingly more confident than a moment ago. Then his horn flashed with a blue light and you heard beast's disappointed howl.
"Hey, what's your name, lass?" - he asked the cursed child.
"L-last Word, s-sir." - she meekly replied, her limbs trembling.
"So, Last Word, do us a favour, please." - Arcane tried to squeeze out a smile - "I-we need you to just walk right there" - he waved his hoof at the altar - "and when a big bad monster runs to you just say that you do not fear him."
Filly just blinked a couple of times: "You-you are joking, right?"
"I am dead serious." - he replied. Then Last Word turned towards you with a pleading look: "He is insane. All of them are insane!"
"I told you." - once again Voice appeared in your head.
Before you could answer, you heard some strange noise behind your back, only to see something you could only describe as a bloated pony-like creature enevloped in a crimson aura was flying with considerable speed at your direction and starspawn following it approximately fifty meters behind.

Your actions now?
>>
>>28972049
dodge out of the way
try to send a bolt of ice at the ursa minor as it goes past
>>
>>28972081

You took a couple of steps from Last Word and shot an icicle at the starspawn, though it seemed to have no effect. Meanwhile, floating thing came close enough for you to notice that it was not a pony, or not a living creature at all, but Arcane's armor. Astonished, you watched as it passed beside you and put itself on Gust.
"What was that?" - you asked, not fully recovered from the shock.
"I will explain later." - snapped back Arcane, while sending some kind of arcane missiles at Ursa, but beast just shrugged them off and continued its relentless advance. You briefly thanked that crazy part of your mind which suggested throwing filly at the ritual site, thus somehow interferring with it and leaving starspawn without one of its forelegs.
"Even wounded it is still faster then you." - Voice noted.
"D-damn you all, I am getting out of here!" - screamed Last Word while backing awayfrom the beast.
"Rime, she is our only chance to stop it! I will hold it as long as I can, just persuade her to come to the beast! She would be fine, I promise!" - shouted Gust, while forming a magic shield in the air.

Starspawn is now in no more than dozen meters from you. Your actions?
>>
>>28972240
we have no choice
read the book see what it says about stoping this thing
>>
>>28972288

Ignoring your companion you reached for the book and continued reading about the ritual cultists were trying to perform skimming through lyrics and colourful descriptions.
"I see." - muttered the Voice, while your heart filled with horror - "Beast is rampant because sacrifice was not made. You must perform the sacrifice. Then beast will follow."
Last Word was lying on her back - she must have tripped over some sacrificial stone - unable to rise on her hoofes out of fear, while Gust was lying on the ground motionless coverd by Arcane's armor.

Though armor looked thick, it probably had some joints that you could pierce and finish the ritual. The question is - should you?
>>
>>28972364
no we must not kill our allies

maybe its after the book throw it away as hard as you can
>>
Since there is nobody around here I will just drop a couple of polls regarding session's start/end time.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11768568
http://www.strawpoll.me/11768599

If anybody still cares, of course.
>>
>>28972517
i hope you get some useful data from your poll op
i will still play at any time but the more the merrier
>>
File: rookie QM bingo.png (165KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
rookie QM bingo.png
165KB, 600x675px
A little bit out of topic, but since I like this quest...
>>
>>28972597
a lot of these seem like they only apply to /tg/
>>
>>28972364
Killing Gust isn't an option I'm going to take.

We need to convince Last Word, tell her that she's the only one who could save us all, herself included. After all, the beast did lose an arm because of her presence.
>>
>>28972364
I don't trust the voice.
>>
wait a second
>>
>>28974090
Wait a minuite
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.