[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you expecting from the inevitable EG show we are getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: 1479421258754.jpg (407KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1479421258754.jpg
407KB, 2048x1152px
What are you expecting from the inevitable EG show we are getting? Action? Slice of life? Romance? More complex plots than in FiM?
What do you want and what do you expect and what do you think we will actually get?
>>
File: eqgfuture.png (782KB, 1367x605px) Image search: [Google]
eqgfuture.png
782KB, 1367x605px
This is what it will be.
>>
Googly eyes
>>
On one hand, I think the direction they are going for will be similar to MM PR / SM, with the set up for a "monster of the week" shown at the end of LOE. I'd be pretty happy with this but I can see it really stagnant.

I really want them to instead focus on lore building FiM by using monsters and foes we haven't seen before in the main show, acting like a Spin-Off the builds up the main show rather then being it's own thing. Or build off it's own lore and own the fact that it's a high school. Usage of the background characters more can really help separate it from FiM and they did state that Lyra and Bon Bon were originally going to have a bigger role in LOE so it's possible.

But more then likely it's going to be a slice of life series similar to the shorts we get, and those were kinda mediocre.
>>
File: 1479346408863.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479346408863.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>28945151
I swear to god if its animated like that I'm gonna burn all my merch.
But I've discussed with Ishi on Twitter about that style of animation and he alluded to us not having it for the specials. That was more of a commercial than content.
Besides, Ishi has also said the reason they aren't going to use Harmony over Flash to animate is because they would have to remake their whole library which would be an immense amount of time so I doubt they're gonna do that just to do 3D animation
>>
>>28945185
Well that's fine, because these shorts are made by a different studio and its what promotes the content that sells the best.
>>
>>28945183
>MM PR / SM,
What's that?

Also, I like your idea and outlook. I feel it is very accurate but with the addition of super powers, I think it's gonna have a decent amount of action and they confirmed on the directors commentary that the powers, at least Sunsets, will grow stronger over time so that may allude to a larger plot that is followed over the season rather than a new separate plot each week like we have in FiM.
>>
>>28945204
>What's that?
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Sailor Moon
>>
>>28945202
I'm fine with them promoting the minis because they are cute as hell and the best piece of Hasbro merch to come out of MLP but I'd want them to keep the 2d animation
>>
>>28945143
Basically Miraculous Ladybug meets Powerpuff Girls Z. Equestrian magic corrupted person, transformation, laser blast end episode. Slice of life here and there and a song sometimes too.
>>
>>28945209
Ah, that makes sense.
I remember the structure of Power Rangers and I think it was pretty interesting. They had a new villain each week but it all followed one plot and built towards a larger story followed over the season. DC shows like Arrow and Flash do the same structure and I think that can really work for EG and would love that level of action and story.
are you hyped for the new power rangers movie
>>
>>28945229
Not that anon, but I never really watched the original shows very often. The movie looks cool as hell, I'm gonna go see it. And hey, we might get our first MLP movie trailer (Lionsgate movie, based off of toys to sell even more toys, target demographic)

Also the black ranger is a cutie
>>
>>28945143

1. Sex.
2. Sex.
3. Crap.
>>
>>28945239
I'm definitely gonna see it. It is finally getting the special effects budget it deserves.
>>28945242
For some reason, I don't think that's gonna happen. Just a hunch.
>>
>>28945143
I'm almost afraid of it, considering how shitty the movies are.
>>
>>28945229
I agree. Going for a more plot based series would really help it become its own thing. The worse that could happen is that it's just FiM but Humans.

I'm excited for it, but the outfits look awful
>>
>>28945143
>>
>>28945143
Magic with tecnology
>>
>>28945143
C'mon sentai themed, daddy needs a giant transforming pony robot!
>>
>>28945267
Except every movie has been good since RR
>>
>>28945143
The worst – high school drama and them getting boyfriends. It will happen. Ponies are for little girls, and eqg will be for the same little girls but 6 seasons older, and the biz long ago figured out how to appeal to them.
>>
>>28947455
and here's their Zordon
Spike is alpha 5, just not as useful
>>
An EQG show would be pretty obnoxious or repetitive if it sticks to creatures from Equestria or someone getting corrupted by magic every week.

They need to make their own world interesting.
>>
Power Rangers or sci-fi adventure EQG would be dope.
>>
>>28947724
Also I don't think it should copy FiM, we already have FiM for that, I don't want the same show but with bipeds, even if it has Sunny Bunny.
>>
>>28947732
I think it should focus on the way magic interacts with technology, with the occasional exiled monster and corrupted by magic human

Scitwi was able to make a device that sucked up and trapped magic with fucking spare parts
there's a ton or potential if they go this route
>>
>>28947774
Why not just have villains from their own world?
>>
>>28947794
they can do that too, but they "opened the door" for more otherworldly threats to have been banished to the EqG universe by doing it with the sirens
why else do you think Equestria is so peaceful?
they dump all those who don't comply into another dimension
>>
File: 1442170828258.png (1023KB, 2350x1982px) Image search: [Google]
1442170828258.png
1023KB, 2350x1982px
>>28947821
Why doesn't Equestria deal with its own criminals?

It would be better to just have more villains from the EQG world.
>>
>>28945143
I think it's just gonna be high school crap with magic bullshit once in awhile. What I want it to be is the girls dealing with people and stuff infected with magic while Adagio is running around building her revenge.
>>
>>28947849
Lame if that's the only deal, give me mirror world villains.
>>
>>28947837
they do, by thowing them into a world that didn't have magic for them to access
think of the EqG world as a prison, but now that the events of EqG brought magic into that world, those prisioners will be coming back to get through the portal
>>
>>28947937
Okay, are we assuming there will be crossover with FIM? If not won't it be awkward to see Twilight, Spike, and probably the rest of the former element bearers to be dealing with this stuff?

Unless the portal is gone and somehow cannot be rebuilt.
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 995x1679px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 995x1679px
>>28945143
>more complex plots than in FiM
In a high school setting? Nah, its gonna be like that Monster High show or maybe like that new pokemon...but worse
>>
>>28947990
Persona involves high schoolers and that has deep, complex plots.
>>
>>28947937
Why reuse content from Equestria? Why not just give the EQG world its own villains?
>>
>>28948023
>Why reuse content from Equestria?
Why not?
>>
>>28948055
It sells its world short? It makes the Equestrians look REALLY unlikable.
>>
File: 14354683674.jpg (17KB, 320x291px) Image search: [Google]
14354683674.jpg
17KB, 320x291px
>>28948082
>>
>>28948023
>Why reuse content from Equestria
because EqG does reuse from Equestria
it would also paint a different picture of the happy go lucky ponies
that their happy peace came at the price of banishing ponies and creatures that wouldn't conform to Celestia's rule
this would make her look more like a tryrant
NOT TO MENTION, the whole mares in black thing IS canon
what if the MIB is the reason why Equestra is so peaceful?
>>
>>28948114
Don't they have Tartarus?

Besides, I think it would be more interesting on the villain design front ot use beings from their own world.
>>
>>28948160
that it'll be just like what we saw in LoE
non magic user gets corrupted by magic with each use, perverting their view of right and wrong
then our heroes come in and take the magic away

I'm not saying that they shouldn't do that, but they need a variety to keep it fresh every now and then
why not use a villain once in a while from equestria?

Starswirl had to have known that the EqG universe didn't have magic in order to toss the sirens there. he wouldn't have thrown such dangerous creatures into an unknown world, right?

to me, it seems that Equestrian magic is permeated in the air everywhere, if not in everything, except for the Everfree Forest

it looked like the tree of harmony created a nullified magic zone to keep those chaos seeds from growing for all those centuries

it's clear that magic in EqG acts differently than it does in Equestria
is that why the mirror was never mentioned?
the comics claim that the "human" things we see in equestria came from expeditions through the mirror (I think. I remember reading a snip it somewhere that pointed this out)
what if something happened during one of those, like if they discovered what the girls are finding out now, that the magic is seeping through and causing problems for that world and this is why they stopped going through
to keep it from happening any further, they locked all that knowledge away, until one bacon haired pony found the lost tomes/books

maybe even a few of the explorers stayed on the other side to write books like the portal maintenance guide and such

Celestia obviously knew that the world didn't have magic, so she let Sunset go through to discover that for herself, hoping that once she realized this, she'd come back and apologize
OR, since Celestia has clairvoyance, she set in motion to have Sunset go to the other side so she can be the ambassador between the two worlds?
the last two seasons of FiM have been Equestria building up friendly relations with "foreign" countries...
>>
>>28948361
what if this is in preperation for a war that Celestia has seen coming and has been preparing for all these centuries?
>>
>>28947998
Persona is not for young children though. Also its made by weird japanese people
>>
File: Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg
34KB, 200x200px
>>28948423
Ishi is a weird Japanese person
>>
>>28948361
A villain can come from their world...and NOT be corrupted by magic, or use magic at all.
>>
>>28948460
That sounds great.
>>
>>28948460
that's the point, they have several options to choose from, and can even mix them up a bit
maybe a "villian" who was banished wrongfully, so something would be interesting too
>>
>>28948875
Or a mad scientist, or an alien from another planet
>>
>>28948910
>alien from another planet
that's going a bit too far, maybe several seasons into the show
>>
File: 1443993729482.jpg (155KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1443993729482.jpg
155KB, 863x752px
>>28949897
>several seasons into the show
>>
>>28949897
Why is it a problem for EQG?
>>
>>28949897
They already essentially have aliens from Equestria, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that they could actually have space aliens. Besides they could introduce some crazy tech which might be exciting to look at.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.