[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they keep hiring this guy to draw for IDW? Half of fandom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

Why do they keep hiring this guy to draw for IDW? Half of fandom artists even today could do better, and just as fast.
>>
>>28944449
>fosgitt
>>
File: Dilarus Is A OK.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dilarus Is A OK.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
>>28944449
If they really want that Sunday funnies style then pic-related is perfect. At least Fosgitt remembered how many fucking joints ponies have in that cover.
>>
>>28944449
looks like it was made with no effort. Even fucking a high school art student can blow this guys shit outta the water
>>
>>28944449
GoH Spike and the other ponies actually ain't half bad. Granted this is just the cover meaning all the effort in the world he could muster up was put into one single variant cover.
>>
>>28944449
>The only part of GoH I was actually interested in
>Fosgitt is doing it
https://youtu.be/4QiAwiA0nIE
>>
>>28944638
It's a variant cover.

Fleecs is doing the art.
>>
>>28944642
Part of the art. Price is doing the other half.
>>
So I always hear Fosgitt getting (justifiably) shit on. Who are the GOOD artists? I don't hear them praised very much.
>>
>>28944449
That cover's alright. though.
>>
>>28944807
For Fosgitt, it's pretty good. But there are more than a few examples of his bad work.
>>
>>28944758
Pretty much just Price and sometimes Fleecs at this point.
>>
File: 1472747823857.jpg (28KB, 610x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472747823857.jpg
28KB, 610x314px
>>28944449
If someone gets hired (in essence, he's contracted, but he's essentially hired but paid less) and they do the bare minimum, it's hard to justify firing them unless they do something illegal.

Doing a rehire would just piss off or inconvenience the rest of the staff who doesn't care because it's a comic for a little girl's cartoon (that lost its soul years ago). Either that, or fosgitt is a brown noser with a killer set of kneepads.
>>
File: lines.jpg (16KB, 132x356px) Image search: [Google]
lines.jpg
16KB, 132x356px
>>28944449
>That jittery lines on the dragon
holy crap its trigering the shit out of me.

Please tell me this isnt real and you went over the pic with the smudge tool.

Why the hell am I making free shit for the fandom if I could get payed to do much shitier work?
>>
>>28944449
Eh, I'll admit his style is... fairly strong, but it has a certain something to it that I suspect younger readers will like. It's just not a style that gets much love among adult readers.
I'm not gonna hate on fosgitt but I certainly agree that cook/price productions are by far my favorite. They're the only ones I'm really willing to pay for.
>>
>>28945758
Breckle, Blake and Cook's art are pretty fine too.
>>
File: god bless equestria.png (594KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
god bless equestria.png
594KB, 1000x563px
>>28945702
>Why the hell am I making free shit for the fandom if I could get payed to do much shitier work?
Why? I have some raisons why. For starters, you can't use clop as part of your portfolio.

Even if you did get hired, someone else from high up picks the plot and ponies you use. Who's the worst pony? Yeah, you're writing that one.
Some smug cunt watches over your shoulder and Bobby-doesn't-give-a-shit edits things in that makes it worse because he wants to sabotage ponies for moar space robits.
Your other coworkers are people you'd rather shank and chuck in a dumpster in a soulless work environment.
You get paid minimum wage at best, and you live in one of those cities where you can't even afford rent with your pay.

In short, it's because you wouldn't be able to handle IDW's benelovant hand fisting your tender asshole.
>>
File: image_24.jpg (91KB, 800x691px) Image search: [Google]
image_24.jpg
91KB, 800x691px
>>28944449
Oh my fucking god, I see fosgitt face style and I get a little steryle everytime
>>
>>28944449
>guardians of harmony
>fosgitt
It's like they want the best idea they had to die, that's like using the creepy ass white kid at the back row as a wingman
>>
>>28945843
I'd love to break this stereotype and show them that 1 man uninterrupted by anyone can create the tower of eiffel in full replica with cards.
I don't think it's the team sabotages you, I think it's the fact that there isn't 1 quality person on that team which brings the comics to shit.
It's just that Hasbro hires exactly these type of idiots and they never punish them for being shit people in general.
>>
>>28946124
They gace us this fuck you since season 2 started
>Luna is back, but it's a different design, voice and a disgusting personality.... yay? No no yay at all.
>DisQord has a 2 parter episode in My Little Pony. It's not directed, supervise/written by Lauren Faust.
>Lesson Zero.... just what the fuck. Is this a normal show anymore or did some asshole decide to sabotage it by throwing Italy's entire war reserves of spaghetti on it?
>>
>>28944449
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.