[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there anything inherently wrong with Twilight gaining wings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Was there anything inherently wrong with Twilight gaining wings or was it just the timing?
>>
>>28925071
nope.
>>
File: Back_and_forth.gif (868KB, 462x270px) Image search: [Google]
Back_and_forth.gif
868KB, 462x270px
>>28925071
Of course there wasn't.
>>
>>28925071
it was how it was presented and handled afterwards. The fact that Twilight barely shows up in episodes anymore shows that it was poorly thought out and done essentially to sell toys.
>>
>>28925071
The latter.
In my opinion, she still doesn't deserve to be a fucking princess. She's been an absolute fucking retard the last two seasons, it's infuriating.
>>
>>28925071
You could say it teaches little girls that leadership is connoted by physical characteristics (i.e. a regular Unicorn can't be a Princess...you have to look special to be special) but honestly, any parent who lets their child watch MLP is a shitty guardian anyway, so no big deal.
>>
>>28925224
>any parent who lets their child watch MLP is a shitty guardian anyway
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28925071
Wings were not a mistake.
>>
File: _For the plot.gif (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
_For the plot.gif
4MB, 1280x720px
>>28925233
It's a horribly written, 22-minute toy commercial. Most of the 'friendship lessons' are fucked. They dropped any attempt at meeting the "Educational & Informative" standard for children's programming after the first season (and didn't even do a good job meeting it then).

Just enjoy it for what it is. MLP is for clop.
>>
>>28925071
The timing I think.

Also the fact that they made her fucking useless after she became a princess.

She's as much a side character as Princess Celestia is now.
>>
>>28925071
No
>>
>>28925247
The wings IS a mistake, faggot!
>>
>>28925368
Yes it is!
>>
>>28925439
Just like you are a mistake Anon. And there are more than 2 genders.
>>
>>28925224
plenty of episodes do have great message and morale of story, and compared to other modern cartoons emitted on tv, the show is pretty gud for kids, too bad its not very popular with them.
>>
>>28925224
>teaches little girls that leadership is connoted by physical characteristics (i.e. a regular Unicorn can't be a Princess...you have to look special to be special

Its best that they face up to that fact early.
>>
>>28926694
No, Hasbro are a mistake and their acting like Nazis!
>>
>>28925439
>>28927164
>is a mistake
>their acting
Come back when you have the grammar skills of someone old enough to browse this site, kiddo.
>>
>>28927271
You are replying to someone who is not well in the head. Their posting style is unique and they've been at it for a couple years now. Recommendation: ignore.
>>
>>28925071
It happen too soon.
>>
>>28925071
Literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>28925071
- Awfully delivered and absurdly rushed. I know, they were forrced to do it, but then:

- Twilight's princesshood was barely adressed at all.

- No writer even tried to explore her new status outside of the bare minumum lines needed to make the season openers and closers.

- Twilight's former geek personality was completely rewritten as a boring, linear character who only can be used as a plot device.

- Remember Twilight's awkwardness? Her lack of social skills and painfully crappy ability to craft stuff?

Remember her great character trait about always loooking the logical approach or logical explanation to something despite herself being a unicorn who used you know, MAGIC?

Remember her most infamous lie at the end of S03? "Everything will be just fine?"

Her change was unnecesary, the aftermatch was never explored, and any possibility that could be explored was simply shrugged off. That's what's wrong with Alicorn Twilight: DHX traded gold for copper and we had to pay the price.
>>
>>28925071
Timing and execution.
>>
Why did she have to become a princess for shit to progress?
Why did they have to add Cadance?
Why Flurry Heart?
Why is everything always princesses?
Lazy toy shit. Pointless wings. She already had a fucking balloon. Now I can't use my TWILIGHT SPARKLE'S BALLOON that I spent all those shekels on.
>>
>>28927495
Was going to write my own answer, but this pretty much sums it up. Princess-hood might have been the intended endpoint for Twilight (and I remain unconvinced that it absolutely was), but she got there far too quickly and with no real plans among the writing staff for what happened afterwards.

...also, Princess of Friendship? The fuck?
>>
>>28928466
She'll be no longer a princess in S7 or the movie.
>>
>>28925071
Reminder that wings are an erogenous zone
>>
>>28928466
>Princess-hood might have been the intended endpoint for Twilight

Faust herself confirmed that her original plans did NOT involve Twilight becoming a princess or an alicorn.

In fact, Faust has made public her disliking for Meghan and Miller/Haber inserting more and more Alicorns into the show.
>>
File: princess twilight issues.png (18KB, 1433x330px) Image search: [Google]
princess twilight issues.png
18KB, 1433x330px
>>28927495
Well said. So well said that I capped it even, for future threads
>In fact, Faust has made public her disliking for Meghan and Miller/Haber inserting more and more Alicorns into the show.
When did this happen? I know she was always implying that she didn't like alicorn Twilight, but when did she called out Meghan for it?
>>
>>28930441
The second part should be replying to this >>28929616
>>
>>28928466
>i remain unconvinced that it was
The opening theme song is litterally twilight as a godprincess telling her "little ponies" that she too used to be a cringy autist who knew nothing about friendship, until they, the peons shared it with her. How much more proof do you need?
>>
File: 1475070427482.gif (500KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1475070427482.gif
500KB, 500x374px
>>28925071
The fact that the show continued after the wings made them wrong. The fact that the episode is too short to properly explain why she got them made them wrong. The fact that Twilight didn't even earn the wings made them wrong.

MMC was written by Larson under the impression that it would be the final episode. Hasbro completely changed the script he wrote.

Friendly reminder that Larson's version of MMC would have been much better than what we got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g&feature=youtu.be

>>28928466
I don't think anyone knew how the show was going to end when they started working on it. Had rough character arcs plotted out? Maybe. But concrete details on their conclusions would be very sparse; they were still writing on a Season by Season basis.
>>
>>28930469
>her little ponies
It's porchlight spackle singing to the other mane 6 specifically. Listen to the full version
>>
>>28925273
>posted 22 hours ago and still no (You)s
Guess I'll have to do my job.
>>
>>28930449
Faust tweeted about how her plans involved Twilight replacing Celestia but they didnt involve the words "princess" or "alicorn" and if it still were up to her, the show only would have 2 alicorn princesses.
>>
>>28930589
Oh, that. Okay, I knew about that. I thought she was shitting on Meghan directly, or something
>>
>>28930962
Faust is way too professional for that, but I remember one tweet where one of the voice actors strongly implied that Faust's departure really fucked up everything.

Faust is also proffessional enough as to never comment or reply Jim's blatant asskissing and desperate approval fishing whenever he talks to her.
>>
>>28925071
It shat on the lore.
Besides that they would make her a princess anyway, just a unicorn princess.
Now we have alicorns out of nowhere and writers are too stupid to come up with any decent idea as to why an alicorn baby was born.
>>
>>28931097
They still havent explained candyass and how she was pretty obviously born an Alicorn (unless she invented new ways to suck off shining armor and ascended as a teenager)
>>
>>28931221
The 'official' story (found in one of the chapter books) is that she was a pegasus found as an orphaned foal by an earth pony couple. Evil enchantress shows up and tries to steal ponies' emotions, Cadance defeats the enchantress and saves everyone with a her special talent of awakening ponies' love, and poof - extra horn on her head.

Unfortunately it's still light on details beyond 'do speshul magics, become alicorn'.
>>
it was shit
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.