[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will 2017 be a shit storm of epic proportions? >movie comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4120.gif (1MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4120.gif
1MB, 500x208px
Will 2017 be a shit storm of epic proportions?

>movie comes out
>bronies actually go out in public to see it because it's actually about ponies this time
>marketing for it will be absolutely everywhere
>suddenly bronies are back in the public spotlight on a level not seen since 2011
>the new attention leads to further derision, ridicule, and occasional support from news channels, celebs, and normies alike
>cringe compilations and brony "sightings"reach new popularity
>suddenly fandom, including /mlp/, gets massively inundated with a whole new generation of bandwagoners and ironic fans, and real fans that are 16 and under
>content becomes even shittier
>movie is just ok
>"I don't see the appeal" becomes a global phenomenon
>face of the fandom and /mlp/ permanently altered from all the publicity, and many people begin jumping ship until the fandom dies completely

Am I autistically doompauling too much? Yes, but this scenario actually frightens me. What if 2017 is our reckoning?
>>
File: 1476894502754.gif (661KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476894502754.gif
661KB, 200x200px
>>28899157
Not really, if the movie is actually any good I imagine this may occur. Though I really don't want it too.
>>
At least we get to be smug and call out take fans.
>>
File: a23.gif (827KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
a23.gif
827KB, 320x213px
POST YOUR HYPE FACE WHEN the movie brings hordes of normies into the fandom and we get more new content than we've had since 2012
>>
File: Effect_20161027_204320.jpg (17KB, 236x258px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20161027_204320.jpg
17KB, 236x258px
>>28899205
We could use more new content on this board. I'm getting tired of all the rehashed crap. If I gotta read one more Homeless Shimmer story I'm may actually drink bleach.
>>
>>28899205
B-but anon, what if all the new content is shit?
>>
File: 1468427537417.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1468427537417.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>28899205
>>
everyone already knows about bronies
>>
>>28899157
>Normies assaulted in the theaters
>"A mob of bronies assaulted spectators while shouting 'get out you fucking casuals! Normies! REEEE!', fortunately nobody was seriously injured"
>>
>>28899278
Kek
>>
>>28899157
one things for sure: i will proudly go to my closest movie theatre to see the movie, even if mobs of normies are waiting outside to lynch me
>>
>>28899360
Same senpai
>>
>>28899157
>2011
>not 2012

newfagggggggggggggg
>>
>>28899157
I can't wait for when people are forced to see the trailer before movies. The drama will be delicious.
>>
>>28899481
oh god, i didn't even think about that.

How will /tv/ ever recover?
>>
>>28899157
You're overestimating it. The fandom is pretty much dead, public didn't care about EqG and won't care about this. Some news here and there but that's it.
>>
>>28899525
>>28899481
clear this one for me dudes
does someone actually dislike ponies?
i mean i saw a lot of shit about bronies around 2011~2012 but i dont think any of that hate was directed torwards the show itself.
i get that not anyone absolutely loves the show like i do and many people just pay it no mind but does someone actually HATE the ponies? wtf theyre cute even by normie standards
>>
>>28899547
There's a phenomenon, I can't think of the specific name, where people will hate something just because of the people associated with it, independent of those people themselves.

So, regardless of the quality or merit of the original content itself, the dislike for it only grows in relation to its popularity and perceived inundation by so-called "superfans" and "weirdos."
This effect can be seen in everything from Frozen to FNaF. The actual original works themselves may have been average or above in comparison to things around them, but they are still massively hated by many simply because of how prevalent their fans are online.

I think this can explain the hatred of the show within circles outside of the fandom. Most of them haven't seen it, but their hate for the fans bleeds over into hating the show, despite its comfiness and cuteness even to normies.
>>
>>28899213
>One day Shimmer is kicked out of her house
>Now she's homeless and rats nibble a bit of her hoof every night

Please stream the bleach drinking.
>>
>>28899547
>does someone actually dislike ponies?

nobody hates ponies they hate autistic fatasses that make it a central facet of their identity
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.