[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate when I hide half of the threads on the board. I am hiding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: 1293785.png (633KB, 3000x1940px) Image search: [Google]
1293785.png
633KB, 3000x1940px
I hate when I hide half of the threads on the board. I am hiding the things that I have no interest in so the people that do can have fun without me, but there being so few threads that interest me makes me sad.

Did I change or did the board?
>>
>>28868141
The board changed. I have to hide/filter a ton of threads (currently I have 35 filtered and 90 hidden threads.)
>>
>>28868148
Every time I make a thread I care about it gets buried. It's sad and makes me want to come here less and less.
>>
The board is full of dead generals, cyoa circle jerks and eqg. Remember when good ideas only became temporary generals? And after they started to die people let them?
>meth pone
>AI/ cyber pone
>homeless pone
>unattractive dash
Just some examples of great threads that died out.
>>
File: 1460600093035.jpg (132KB, 358x568px) Image search: [Google]
1460600093035.jpg
132KB, 358x568px
>>28868161
As long as you had a taste of the good days you're ahead of the curve. For plenty of people posting here, mlpg and cyoa is all they've known mlp to be.
>>
File: 1476894959126.png (806KB, 809x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1476894959126.png
806KB, 809x1497px
>>28868141
>>28868148
>hiding that many threads
fags
>>
>>28868177
I feel like a lot of writefags on this board need to act like Drawfags. It isn't acceptable for an amateur drawfag to just have their own personal bump general, unless they're like Pencils tier I guess.

Writefags need to learn how to be more like us. We stay to one thread, sometimes pop up in threads we like and draw a bit for it, and leave. We don't overstay our welcome, or rely on endless bumps.
>>
>>28868177
absolutly none of these are good threads. this whole board only exists as a containment board because autistic sperglords could not contain themselves to one mlp thread on /co/, the same boards that has general threads for fucking my little pet shot and jem.

only worthwhile threads are show discussion. everything else is fanfic tier.
>>
>>28868141
Since at least a year ago, I'd almost never have more than 10 threads up at a time when I'm actually spending a lot of time on here. Of course, that makes waiting for the threads I care about to get a new post boring, but I genuinely have no interest whatsoever in most of this. I'm mostly interested in serious waifu-related threads, so I wish ponies were allowed outside of here. The way the majority of this board treats waifufaggotry with dedicated hostility and grudges towards other groups, shipposting with the intention of hurting someone, and saying nothing more thoughtful than "she's not real" is tedious.
>>
>>28868141
>hide threads
>'where did the content go?'
You ate the only one to blame.
How about you step out of your comfort zone and check those generals you've filtered, huh?
Who knows, maybe you dont enjoy some themes, but particular green may suit your taste just fine. Lurk, explore new things, call people faggots, ask if they have green that suit your tastes and maybe, just maybe you can find something new that you like.
>>
>>28868141
i was like that too, but then i realised that if i just keep hiding the threads i dont care about, and everyone else does the same, this whole place will die.
i started forcing myself to be interested in almost all of the threads. i shitpost in every general, cyoa, "theme" thread and all the small threads that are unrelated to each other. the only threads i hide and dont take part in are the ones with humanized, anthro or eqg in the op pic

why should i wallow in my autism when i could be out there having fun? just start posting and im sure youll start to like most of the threads and the people posting in them.
>>
>>28868238
I make threads all the time. They just rarely get posted in even if they are provocative and have good ideas.
>>
>>28868323
Any examples?
Im genuinely curious.
>>
>>28868335
I've made threads about the actual lore or the series, thinking of the implications of what we know about the history of Equestria.

Brainstormed ideas what would be episodes that would lead to the best development for certain characters.

Discussed what "canon" the show has and how exactly EU material fits into it.

Talked about the quality of animation and art design, as well as the music.

None of these threads got more than 100 posts.
>>
>>28868208
>show discussion on /mlp/
>worthwhile
I can't think of the last time I saw actual discussion and not just shallow arguments and shitposts.

>it's a (character I don't like episode)
>they wasted a song on (character I don't like)

>I didn't like it because this character was an asshole
>that character was an asshole in the past, too, stupid, fuck off if you don't like the show

Slice of Life episodes about anyone other than their waifu are totally dismissed, with no serious discussion, with
>it was boring/forgettable
>nothing happened
>>
>>28868370
And adventure episodes are shitposted that their waifu didn't get enough action.

Waifufaggotry used to be fun...
>>
File: capture2.png (47KB, 396x914px) Image search: [Google]
capture2.png
47KB, 396x914px
The current batch of moderators is the worst we've ever had.
>>
>>28868361
Look, Im gonna tell you how I see it, ok?
I may be right, I may be wrong, I may be full of shit, don't take what I say as hard facts.

Lore doesnt matter when writers dont take into consideration previous episodes, even ones that they written themselves. Current lore is homogenized shit contradicting itself in places that are not full of holes. There is no lore worth discuss over anymore.

There is no reason to brainstorm about possible character development, unless you plan on writing fiction and green yourself. The more you hype yourself about what could be, the more it hurts when show doesn't live up to your expectations.

There is no point in trying to fit fanon into canon, because it will be disproved in a way that will leave nothing to imagination, making ones following certain themes and ideas they were thinking true and right abandon them just to write green that fits into actual show canon.
How many full fanfics came out recently starring unicorn Twilight?

There is only so much you can say about animation, design and music before starting to repeat yourself. And when you keep at it for a while, someone will say 'please, shut up, we had this discussion so many times already!'. And others will agree with him.
>>
File: 1478961321507.png (851KB, 4332x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1478961321507.png
851KB, 4332x6000px
I'm confused. If you're filtering and hiding over half the board, then what are you looking for? What sort of content do you guys wanna see?

Seems like what you guys want are mostly spontaneous, random semi-pony related threads. For example, >>28817934
>>
>>28868141
Embrace every thread! Because it's all we get.
>>
>>28868141
>Hides half of the board
>Then complains about it

This is why filterfags and hidefags are the worst
>>
>>28868792
I don't get it, either. I don't bother filtering anything and I still have a ball. I just ignore the generals.
>>
>>28868645
That's fun, sure.

>>28868623
But we very rarely have any of these discussions that are taken seriously. How can you say any of that when it doesn't happen?:
>>
There's not any real show discussion anymore. The magic on that front is dead because they already revealed everything about the show and made it uninteresting. Even Derpy of all fucking things. They brought Derpy to the foreground and then made her unfun. We can't subvert things as adult fans if it's there on screen, waving at us, saying "Hello! Yes! That joke you made? That fanfic you wrote? The fan theory you had? It is false. This is the episode establishing that it is false. Not only is it false, but it's way more boring than you thought it was."

Or worse, they establish a fan theory is true, but with the gloves on so it's good for the kids and no longer funny.

Almost nobody does irreverent comedy about the show anymore. People are either taking it very seriously and defending it at its face value, or they're grumbling about how much worse it's all gotten.
>>
>>28869471
The show takes itself very seriously and I think that's a result of tone shift in later seasons.
>>
>>28868141
I used to hate it as well but then I hid all the stubs and all replies to hidden posts. I have 85 filters now. The board obviously changed hard, look at all those people liking twilicorn, sombra and eqg. They were UNIVERSALLY disliked.
>>
File: Angryhorsenoises.gif (20KB, 243x184px) Image search: [Google]
Angryhorsenoises.gif
20KB, 243x184px
The board is crap now. Literally like, 90% of it is fucking green texts.

I get it, peolle like mlp and they also like to beat their meat, but it has spawned hundreds of constant, shitty self-insert fap stories. I wouldnt mind so much if it was organic to the show, but fucking christ. This place is terrible.

Yes, I mad.
>>
>>28868141
Stop being such a whiny pussy
>>
File: 1476254487189.png (279KB, 977x965px) Image search: [Google]
1476254487189.png
279KB, 977x965px
>>28869528
Twilicorn has been a thing long than non-Twilicorn now. It's kind of obvious that the people who liked the show for the early season qualities weren't going to stick around.

Some guys I know who still unironically love the show have reached a state of delusion over what the show is actually doing today. It seems like the love the fandom more than anything and have been following various fan projects. They talk about the characters having all these qualities that aren't really there in canon. It's like the people in the EqG edit threads that say EqG was intended to be sexy. It wasn't. Their torsos are two heads tall and they have a poor natural shape.

I know people looking forward to the characters doing things that the show has already proven isn't really going to happen. Developments with Gilda or the Wonderbolts which are nowhere on the radar. That sort of thing.
>>
>>28869572
What would you prefer then? Greentext is literally the life of this board
>>
>>28869602
>Twilicorn has been a thing long than non-Twilicorn now.
The age of shit doesn't make it not shit. It makes it stale shit. I still like the show but I don't ignore that garbage.
>>
>>28869572
>self-insert
Why does everyone always bring that up like it's the worst part? For lewd stories, the alternative would be shipping.
>inb4 "just self insert as big mac as he fucks your waifu!"
It's not the same thing. In short stories where "Anon" isn't given a backstory, he's usually actually meant to be the reader/writer. To feel cucked by shipping but not that isn't inconsistent or hypocritical like people say it is.
>>
>>28868141
Nah, there are just not a lot of interesting threads around, thats all
>>
>>28868201
This
>>
>>28869680
I'm not saying you can ignore it. The "Princess of Friendship" is as trite and boring as the day it was conceived. It cock-blocked most of Twilight's character development and destroyed her as the audience surrogate. She's also not snarky anymore, which is a shame because it gave the show a lot of personality.
>>
>>28869768
The audience surrogate was always supposed to be Spike or Applejack, not Twilight.
>>
>>28869785
>Applejack
What? If you're just listing characters you relate to, anyone can say their waifu was meant to be the audience surrogate. Personally, I never related to AJ at all. I understood her feelings when she did most of the dumb shit she did, but I never felt "yeah, this would be me".
>>
>>28869827
She was always supposed to be the character that was asking the questions the audience would be, until they made her retarded and boring. Spike was alternatively supposed to be it but they never wrote him seriously in seasons 3 to 5.
>>
File: .png (147KB, 1425x652px) Image search: [Google]
.png
147KB, 1425x652px
>>28869528
>when you have infinite scrolling enabled and an entire fucking page is filtered
>>
"Oh my god you guise I'm hiding so many threads, did I mention I am hiding a ton of threads? I'm not looking at a lot of threads because of my personal tastes and you guys must know this because it's me and I'm hiding threads because I don't like them and me me me me me"
>>
>>28869926
Filtered.
>>
>>28869926
pls go
>>
File: smug anime grill.png (266KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime grill.png
266KB, 540x304px
>>28868389
>hiding ubermensch

With tastes like yours, anyone would have trouble having fun.
>>
>>28868763
Why? Supporting shitposting only makes it worse.
>>
>>28868141
This board and this website was always shit, your psychotic episode is just coming to an end and you're facing what is, in fact, reality. Escaping your life/boredom can't last forever.
>>
>>28868141

I hate that I no longer even care enough to block shit threads that I can't stand. I used to care enough to filter the fuck out of it so that shit I liked was at the top, shit I hated wasn't there at all, and I could have a dozen tabs open at a time for shitposting and realposting.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.