[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dirty Work (Thread 26)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 5

File: DW26.png (155KB, 565x598px) Image search: [Google]
DW26.png
155KB, 565x598px
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Sharp and Tally got drunk and did silly things. Very silly things.

Last Thread:>>28329598

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/
Fanart: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/fanart

Been a while, hasn't it?
>>
>The familiar chime of the door trills as you step through the front door to the Laugh.
>You take a deep breath and look around, happy to be back.
>The midmorning crowd is pretty light today, only a couple of ponies sitting at the bar.
>You give them your usual friendly smirk, and the bartenders quickly step aside as you pass them by and catch a whiff of someone’s pancakes.
>The kitchen and its cooking isn't the best, but having skipped breakfast anything smells delicious.
>You didn’t even know they served breakfast food!
>The door to the back creaks open on its hinges, and the Laugh's usual dingy self greets you like an old friend.
>The peeling wallpaper, the old weathered floorboards, give you a sense of calming familiarity.
>Nel and a few others are sitting to your right, and she gives you a toothy grin as you step forward.
>Almost like a second home to you now.
>You take a short trot over to Provvie's office, knock, and swoop in to the front of her desk.
"Feels like an age since I’ve seen you, eh?"
>You say happily, still looking about in wonder.
>"What, how long it took you to get here? You took forever today!"
>Provvie chuckles before looking up from her papers.
>You take a seat and click your hooves, suddenly feeling a lot more self conscious.
"Y-Yeah, my girlfriend and I were being a bit silly last night. Mind filling me in on what's happened?"
>Provvie smirks knowingly, and you blush a bit before trying to stammer out a defense,
"W-No, I-I—!”
>But Provvie waves you off with a hoof.
>"Yeah, yeah, we can all use a refresher once in a while. Remember how we talked about or new ties to the Canterlot PD? Well, we've still got our little informant gig together. Don't know why they concealed that we're both informants, but I’ve got a plan to get to the bottom of this. Trust me.”
>>
>>28863985
Alright, lay it on me.
>>
>>28863985
I don't think I have a choice, considering everything that has happened.
>>
>>28863985
>>28863993
>You nod along, still trying to recover from getting flustered and tersely respond with,
“S-So, a plan? Shoot."
>"For the moment nothing changes. You do jobs I assign and get paid, like normal. However, I'm sure your friend back at the precinct will want to see you pretty soon, which is to our advantage. In fact, I’d bet really soon, just to make sure you’re not skipping town. Normally I'd hold off on telling you to snoop around until you were no longer under suspicion, but I don't think we can afford the caution at a time like this. Your first visit back to the force I want you to get inside either Buck or Ward's office and do some poking about. After that, we might have a better idea how to deal with whatever they're planning.”
>She then shifts back into her seat and stretches out,
>”Second part of the plan involves Grudge, one of Open’s representatives. Fired, might I add. He was handling the attempts made to kidnap you, but apparently had a little side business selling info on your movement to the cops. I think we might want to interview him, either diplomatically or by giving him a taste of his own medicine. Y’know, shuffle him into a car and take him somewhere nice and secluded for a chat.”
>Providence then reaches into her desk and retrieves a pen, tapping it against a notepad and raising an eyebrow towards you.
>”So, I’ll leave the decision for what you want to do today up to you. Do you want to do a paying job, or try and go after Grudge?”

>input action

Please excuse any inconsistencies. If you see something odd/blatantly wrong, point it out. It might not have been intentional.
>>
>>28864009
Grudge should probably be handled sooner rather than later. The more we know the better we can plan.
>>
>>28864113
Sure, this.
>>
>>28864113
>>28864283
"I'm thinking Grudge first, we should handle him sooner rather than later. More time to plan that way."
>Providence grins,
>"I like that idea. So let me get you up to speed on him."
>She passes over a folder with the name "Grudge," on it and chuckles.
>"Got it from Open. Turns out he can be a pretty good business partner. Anyway, everything you need to know is in there."
>You pop open the folder and pull out a small notecard bearing a picture of the grey and green stallion.
>His personality is described as amicable and quiet, with an exceptionally long temper.
>He lives in an apartment on 642 Cavalry St with his marefriend.
>Under the "employment" section there's a little red stamp over the words that says fired, but you can see it previously said he worked for Open.
>Provvie then raises an eyebrow.
>"So, I'll let you decide how you want to handle him. And do you think you'll need any backup on this one?"

>input action
>>
>>28864328
He's got someone we could use against him if necessary, but I think approaching him directly will work here. He sounds like a clear headed guy, and without a powerful employer protecting him he'll likely play ball to protect himself. I should be okay to handle the meeting myself, but having someone nearby just in case can't hurt.
>>
>>28864391
>You hold the notecard for a few seconds before nodding,
"Well, the marefriend is good leverage in case we need it. However, I think a direct approach would work pretty well here! He sounds clear headed, and he doesn't have anyone protecting him anymore, so he'll likely be out to protect himself above all else. I think I could handle this myself, but having someone nearby just in case can't hurt."
>Providence nods, then stands and peers back into the lobby,
>"I mean, Nel's here if you want her again. It's good to have someone you can rely on, and I don't think she's here for any jobs today. However, I doubt she'll turn down an extra paycheck."
>She then shrugs,
>"Of course, I can always pair you up with someone new if you like. And the option to go it alone is still there too."

>input action
>>
>>28864429
Sure, Nel's good. We work well together.
>>
>>28864447
"Sure! Nel sounds fine. We work well together."
>You say as you look back into the lobby.
>"I'll grab her and explain."
>Providence says shortly as she trots out and pulls Nel from her card game into the office.
>Her face is flushing red with anger as she stomps into the office and flashes Provvie a dirty look, but her facade melts upon seeing you.
>"Oh! Twitch!"
>She says cheerily,
>"Am I working with you today?"
>Provvie chuckles,
>"That you are, just acting as a bodyguard, so it should be rather simple."
>Nel relaxes and takes a seat next to you, as Provvie looks between you and asks,
>"So, anything else before you two head out?"

>input action
>>
>>28864543
I think that's everything.
>>
>>28864543
Anything specific you wanted out of Grudge, beyond what he told the police?
>>
>>28864585
Nel doesn't know about the police so be careful what we say.
>>
>>28864564
>>28864585
>>28864618
"Before I leave, is there anything specific you want out of Grudge beyond what he told?"
>You ask as you stand and stretch, but Provvie shakes her head and chuckles.
>"I mean, this is the guy that was sending out orders to kidnap you. I think you'd probably have more things to ask than I would. But I'd suggest going beyond merely asking about the pol--what he sold off."
>She stammers, trying to recover from something and giving Nel a nervous look.
>"Anyway, cheers!"
>She says with an anxious wave, and the two of you part for the address on the notecard.

>Nel yawns as the two of you trot up outside Grudge's apartment.
>The building is in a quite nice place of town, and you were able to get through the front door and up the stairs without any problems.
>The hall you stand in has a red rug that runs the length of it and plants occupying either side of the aisle.
>Grudge's door is spotlessly whitewashed, with a peephole in the middle and a golden knocker beneath it.
>"Well, this is the place Twitch. Nice digs, I gotta say..."
>Nel muses as she inspects one of the potted plants in the hall and takes a nibble at one of the leaves.
>"Tastes pretty good! You want a piece?"

>input action
>>
>>28864685
I suppose, though there's not much reason for him to try anything at this point. There's no one paying for my kidnapping anymore, and I'm only here to talk.
>>
>>28864725
Not sure what you're trying to say here Anon.
Also, we seem to have a bit of a lack of players. Maybe I took too long a break...
>>
>>28864914
I'm here, I just didn't have anything to add beyond knock on the door.
>>
>>28864914
That's a yes but it's probably not needed.
JAD was the same. You need to keep the thread going a while so people realize it's back.
>>
>>28864725
>>28864923
>>28864933
"Sure!"
>You say idly as Nel picks off a few leaves and hands one to you.
>It's tangy, with has a rather sweet aftertaste, and you make a mental note to find out what sort of plant it is for future snacking.
>After the two of you spend a moment eating, you knock on the door and wait a moment before a white mare opens the door and gives the two of you a quizzical look.
>"Oh? Who are you two?"
>She asks curiously, then spots the leaves halfway in Nel's mouth and laughs.
>"Don't let my landlord catch you doing that, she flipped when I tried some myself!"

>input action
>>
>>28865009
Hello, is there a stallion named Grudge here?
>>
>>28865009
Hi, we're here to see a Mr. Grudge? We were sent by a previous employer. Just need to go over a few details with him.
>>
>>28865025
>>28865049
"Hello, is there a Mr. Grudge here? We were sent by a previous employer, need to go over a few details with him."
>The mare shrinks back at the two of you and shakily calls,
>"H-Honey? There's some mares here to see you, they say they need to talk about work with you."
>A stallion trots up behind her, gives the two of you a quizzical look, then steps back with an expression halfway between fright and surprise.
>He takes a big gulp and stammers,
>"C-Close the door, I don't know them."
>And the mare reaches for the doorknob to yank the door shut.
>Your stomach drops out from under you as you see a possible lead disappear into smoke right in front of you.
>That is, until you notice Nel took the initiative to stick her hoof in between the door and the wall.
>She winces in pain and starts puffing as the mare continues to attempt closing the door, but her efforts are in vain, at least for the moment.

>input action
>>
>>28865129
Grudge, we know that Open fired you, we just want to talk, honest!
>>
>>28865161
"Grudge, we know Open fired you, we just want to talk, honest!"
>You say in a panic, and his eyes widen further.
>However, he taps the mare on the shoulder and stammers,
>"H-Hold on."
>Prompting her to lessen up on Nel's hoof.
>Nel's puffing switches to a sigh of releif, and she muscles her shoulder into the doorway before dropping her head and moaning,
>"O-Oh thank Celestia..."
>Grudge steps aside and pushes the door fully open before gesturing the both of you inside with a hoof and whispering something to the mare.
>"S-So!"
>He stammers after she skedaddles off,
>"Why exactly are you paying me a visit Sharp?"

>input action
>>
>>28865254
We're here on good faith, Grudge. I know you don't have anything personal against me, and that it was just business.
However, the things that you have done have made things quite messy for me, both in trying to organize my kidnapping and selling information about me to the police. I'd very much like to get what I can from you.
>>
>>28865298
"We're here on good faith Grudge. I know you don't have anything personal against me, and that it was just business."
>He lets out a pretty big sigh of relief at that, and nods, leading the two of you to a table.
>As he brings the two of you along, you append something to your original statement.
"However, things you've done have made things quite messy for me. Both trying to organize my kidnapping and selling information to the police. I'd very much like to get what I can from you."
>You arrive at a small table inside what appears to be a kitchen, and he shakes to grab a flask from the counter before downing it and offering two seats and taking one for himself.
>"O-Okay. Firstly, I'm glad you can make the distinction between personal and business lives. I-I really have nothing against you, it was all Open's orders. Second, what exactly are you looking to know? About the police and the kidnapping stuff, o-obviously."
>He says nervously as he bites his lip.

>input action
>>
>>28865356
I have a few questions, so I'll start with a few.
Most simply, what kind of information did you sell to the police? What do they know about me?

Next, why did Open want me kidnapped and what were his plans for me? I'm aware Open told us most of this, but this is to confirm facts and fill in holes.

Third, what's your connection with Stoney? What kind of deals did you make with him?
>>
>>28865378
"I have a few questions. First and most simply, what information did you sell to the police? What do they know about me?"
>He laughs,
"They knew you were a criminal, that's for sure."
>He laughs nervously,
>"Not sure how, or why they would bother coming to me for information if they already did. They knew about your roommate, where you lived, where you worked, the basics. And what did I sell? Your routine. Where you went on a day to day basis and also for some of your jobs, as well as the details of some of those jobs."
>You bite your lip in annoyance and nod.
"Alright. Why did Open want me kidnapped and what were his plans for me?"
>Grudge scratches his head and his line of sight falls from you and Nel towards the table.
>"I was never told why he wanted you gone, but whatever you did it seemed to irk him personally. And I think he planned to question you about some stuff and keep you around a while after that."
>You screw up your face, but nod along.
>"Third, what's your connection with Stoney. What kind of deals did you make with him?"
>This question seems to get his attention, and he starts smiling nervously.
>"R-Really, I-I'm not at liberty to disclose that guys, I'm sorry."

>input action
>>
>>28865559
Eh, that last question was really the least important. We know that Stoney was his manpower, at least.
You can't tell me even the smallest detail about why you went through Stoney to have me kidnapped? No prior business relationship?

>as well as the details of some of those jobs
That, however, is worrying. It means that the police do in fact have evidence of our wrongdoing, and we can assume that they already knew of us from what Provvy was feeding them. Which jobs? How did the police find out that you knew this information?
>>
>>28865602
Also, when did he sell the information? heading to bed. Night Aight.
>>
>>28865559
Which jobs exactly are you talking about?
>>
beb
>>
>>28867039
>>
>>28865602
>>28865746
>>28866207
"You can't even tell me the smallest detail about why you went through Stoney for this? No prior business relationship or anything?"
>He shakes his head,
>"Listen, I'm not looking to make any new enemies, especially with old friends. Can we just drop that part of the conversation?"
>Nel looks to you and shrugs, waiting for your call.
>You decide it isn't worth the risk of having him clam up, especially when he seems receptive to talking about the rest of what you asked.
"Might I ask which of my jobs you sold the details of? And how did the police find out you even had this information?"
>He thinks a moment,
>"They found out through somepony who snitched on me I think, but I wasn't able to find out who before Open gave me the boot. I was able to negotiate a paycheck with the cops since they couldn't scrounge any hard evidence on me, and I think I came out of the deal better paid, and with a clean nose. Well, maybe not better paid anymore..."
>He huffs,
>"And which job exactly? Well, it's been a while since I started, so let's see... I was brought around the time you were busy with those undercover agents, but you weren't a main concern at the time. Didn't start selling until a bit after that."

>input action
>>
>>28867890
What was some of the most incriminating jobs that I've done that you sold off?
>>
>>28867890
Oh, woops, didn't see that update.
>>28868682
This. Ask him what he knows about the agents too.
>>
File: 1471785726847.gif (295KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1471785726847.gif
295KB, 300x297px
>>28867890
It's good to have you back man, was starting to get a bit bored of all the other cyoas. To celebrate, I will do the unthinkable, by posting an image on a dirty work thread.
>>
We should be back in about 30 minutes. Thanks for keeping the thread up!

>>28869335
You wouldn't dare.
>>
>>28868682
>>28868935
"What were some of the more incriminating jobs of mine you sold off?"
>You ask, trying to narrow down what evidence the police know.
>He hums for a second before responding,
>"I mean, ponynapping police officers is pretty bad, that was one of the main ones they were interested in. Beyond that, maybe the multiple counts of blackmail you've been a part of."
>You nod and grit your teeth before continuing,
"Okay... And what did the agents working with you know?"
>Grudge takes another swig from his flask before speaking up again,
>"Gradually they seemed to know more. Started off pretty dull actually, but by the time I got fired they knew more than I did sometimes! Obviously your routine, through me. Details of your jobs, mostly through me. Public records. I did get some dirt on the Laugh through them though, which was nice to have. Let me get a stallion into your offices, not sure what he's doing now... Y'know, it seemed like you were a bit of a side operation now that I think about it."

>input action
>>
>>28869828
Side operation?
>>
>>28869828
Who was the stallion you got in?
>>
>>28869849
>>28869911
"Who was the stallion you got in?"
>You ask, and Grudge scratches his head.
>"His name's Flint, but I'm guessing he put on a code name. I never asked him if he used one over there or not, just used him for information gathering."
>After some small growls from Nel, you pat her on the back and continue,
"Side operation?"
>You ask, now somewhere between curious and frightened.
>"Yeah, that's a good word for it. It seemed like they were going after other ponies than you too. Like, higher up maybe? Honestly, with all the information I fed them I'm surprised you're walking around here today. You on the run or something? Is that why you came to me?"

>input action
>>
>>28869962
This is all news to us. Also, can we get a description of Flint?
>>
>>28869988
"All news to me..."
>You say, halfway dodging the question.
"Could I get a description of Flint?"
>Grudge bites his lip,
>"Grey stallion, black mane. Has a rock for his cutiemark, says he got it from doing mining work. Don't know how he ended up in the city, but I never asked."

>input action
>>
>>28870106
I'm really not sure what the plan is here. I guess we probably need a solid idea of what's happening for this, and I'm not sure what as players are aiming for.
>>
>>28870418
>You grumble as you stand up and wave him off.
"Alright, alright... Thanks for your time."
>Nel follows you as you stand and trot out the door, and behind you you hear a whispered,
>"Thank Celestia..."
>The two of you leave Grudges apartment and end up back in the hallway.
>You huff a little and start trotting down, but Nel nudges you and points back towards one of the plants by their apartment.
>"So, ah... Sharp? That your real name?"
>She asks rather sheepishly, before hoofing you a leaf.

>input action
>>
>>28870799
Take the leaf.

Yeah, I know I've never told you, but I really wanted to try and keep the two lives separate.
That's not really working out, as you can imagine, given what you just heard.
>>
>>28870820
>You take the leaf and bite it punitively, grumbling to yourself.
"Yeah, I know I never told you, but I've really wanted to keep these two lives separate. Y'know, work and personal stuff. That's not working out too well though, as you can imagine from what you've just heard."
>Nel laughs nervously.
>"Yeah... Maybe I should get out before shit hits the fan."
>She mutters quietly before turning back to you.
>"If it makes you feel better, I could tell you my real name. Maybe we could hang out some time too."

>input action
>>
>>28871131
I'd like that, if you want. My last name is Catalog, by the way. Sharp Catalog.

Sorry about my attitude, by the way. I have a lot of reason to be upset at the moment.
>>
>>28871158
>You chew the leaf two bites at a time as you chat.
"I'd like that, if you're comfortable with it of course. My last name is Catalog, by the way. Sharp Catalog."
>Nel smiles.
>"Catalog? Kinda makes sense, you seem like a pretty tidy mare... Unlike myself."
>You grin.
"Got that right. And I'm sorry about my attitude, by the way. I have a lot of reasons to be upset at the moment."
>She sighs.
>"Oh, believe me, I understand. And ah, my name's Edge Case, but I-I go by Casey most of the time."
>However, after she finishes speaking she shrinks back a little.
>"I-I've thought about getting it changed a few times, and when I meet most new ponies I don't normally tell them my full name. Something about it just irks me. A-Anyway, should we get back to the Laugh?"

>input action
>>
>>28872028
Edgy Case is a pretty cool name honestly, makes you sound like one of those really cool protagonists you see in those Michael Neigh movies
And yeah let's get going, need to tell Provvie what we've learned here
>>
>>28872028
I imagine we'll want to look into this Flint stallion.
>>
>>28872079
>>28872110
>You laugh and raise an eyebrow.
"Really? Edge Case? That's an awesome name!"
>Nel blushes and steps back,
>"D-Do you really think so?"
>And you nod back,
"Of course! Makes you sound like the star of some Michael Neigh movie!"
>Nel blinks a few seconds before giggling,
>"O-Okay, I guess I can see that."
>As the two of you trot downstairs, you continue.
"Anyway, we should get back. Provvie needs to hear about all this, and we need to find this Flint guy."
>Nel nods dutifully, and both of you trot out back home.

>"Okay, at least we're slowly getting an idea of what's going on. It's bigger than you Sharpie, which means they're after me, Drachma, or someone above him. Not sure which though, and I don't exactly like my odds there... W-What? He did what? Grudge got a stallion in here?"
>Provvie fumes, then stands and stomps about her office.
>"I'm going to strangle that little snake, I swear..."
>She cries out and stamps the floor like a charging bull, snorting and whipping her tail like a whirling dervish.
>Nel gives her a quizzical look before asking,
>"Flint or Grudge?"
>And Provvie barks,
>"Grudge, Flint, both, I-I don't know!"
>Then slams her desk in anger.
>"S-Sharp, I'll get you his phone number."
>She growls through clenched teeth as she retrieves a small file and passes it over to you.
>"W-We're calling this Flint guy in, but I'm a little..."
>She says with barely withheld rage, then takes a deep breath and sighs.
>"Not in a great mental state right now."
>She then passes over the phone and points out his number on the paper slip.

>input action
>>
>>28872229
Time to call the guy. Make sure that we stay calm and professional. Also, make sure Provvie can't be heard.
>>
>>28872229
Bring him in. Say we've got a job offer.
>>
>>28872369
>>28872654
>You gingerly pick up the phone and put it up to your ear.
>The harsh dial tone trills into your ear as you idly tap the rotary, reading off the number in your head.
>Provvie is still flipping out in the background, so you ask Nel to make sure she stays quiet throughout the call.
>You twirl the numbers into the phone and the dial slowly fades to a softer ringing, and eventually a clink on the other line.
>Hello?"
>A male voice asks,
>"Who is this?"

>input action
>>
>>28873313
Hey, this is Twitch from the Laugh. Is this Flint? I'm putting together a team for a job and Provvie recommended you.
>>
>>28873410
"Hey, this is Twitch from the Laugh. Is this Flint? I'm putting together a team for a job and Provvie recommended you."
>There's a silence on the other end for a second before the stallion asks,
>"T-Twitch? Hold on a second."
>And you hear the phone down and the pitter patter of hooves on wood.
>He returns shortly and stammers,
>"Y-Yes Twitch, I'll be right over."
>Before slamming down the telephone on his reciever and kicking you back to the jarring dial tone.

>input action
>>
>>28873797
So, how are we handling him once he gets here?
Maybe we could take him into a room to talk about the "job", then spring the trap.
>>
>>28873859
That sounds good.
>>
>>28873859
>>28873937
>You put down the phone and nod to Nel and Provvie.
"I think he's coming, but sounded a bit nervous. The plan is that we lure him upstairs to talk about his new 'job,' then spring a trap."
>Provvie nods, still trying to hold back her fury.
>"Perfect. I'll help you bait him in, and Nel can handle the trap itself. We'll use the second room to the right up top, it's the only room that isn't occupied for the moment."
>Nel then grins, and asks rather happily,
>"So, what are we looking for here Sharp? Do we want him unconscious, knocked around, tied up? Pick his poison."

>input action
>>
>>28874096
First we need to make a reason to meet up there. Make it look like an actual meeting and make it look like nothwhere down here can be used at the moment. Than we can act after he lowers his guard.
>>
>>28874096
I figured he'd want to work with me because information on me had value, but he's nervous, so we have to be careful. I wouldn't be surprised if he came armed.
>>
>>28874136
>>28874168
"Hold off Nel. First we need to make a reason to meet up there. Make it look like an actual meeting and make it look like nowhere down here can be used at the moment. Than we can act after he lowers his guard."
>Provvie bites her lip.
>"Okay, here's an idea. What if I called some ponies into my office and told Main to do the same. We look busy, there's nowhere else to talk, you guys take him upstairs and I come meet you once you've got him subdued."
>You bite your lip,
"I think that might work... And for Nel, I figured this guy would want to work with me because information on me had value. However, he's nervous for some reason, so we've got to be careful. I wouldn't be surprised if he came armed."
>Nel nods.
>"Gotcha, I've got to strike quick then. Still, how hurt do you want him?"
>Provvie then grumbles,
>"We could also just do it in my office and drag him upstairs..."

>input action
>>
>>28874276
Doing it here might cause a scene, but that might not really be an issue. Better to let Provvie decide that. As for how we deal with him, it'd be best to focus on disabling him quickly rather than trying to hurt him.
>>
>>28874276
Wherever we do this, we should do it fast. Don't break anything, but don't be afraid to give him a few bruise if you need to.
>>
>>28874320
>>28874338
"Doing it here might be a little of a scene, and even though it's just Laugh employees you might get some ponies wondering. Maybe you should decide Provvie."
>She thinks for a moment, then sighs.
>"Bah. I suppose if someone recognizes him, they might wonder why we're abusing our own employees. Do it upstairs."
>She then pushes past the two of you and sulks in her office seat, so you decide to continue with Nel.
"Whatever you do, it needs to be fast. Focus on disabling him rather than trying to hurt him. Don't be afraid to bruise, but no breaking anything."
>She nods,
>"I can handle that. So should I just lurk up there until you bring him up? And any other preperations you'll think we'll need? Room dressing and all that?"

>input action
>>
>>28874414
Um, cuffs? A chair? I've never really handled that part.
>>
>>28874414
We need some paperwork on the table to make it look like a meeting and we should also come up with a fake reason for the meeting just incase he asks before entering.
>>
>>28874446
We should ask Provvie what work he's done previously.
>>
>>28874435
>>28874446
>>28874529
"Uh, cuffs? A chair? And maybe some paperwork on the table to make it look like a meeting."
>She sets off to the upstairs as you turn to the brooding Provvie.
"What jobs has he worked on previously? Maybe if I relate it to that it'll be a more believable fake meeting."
>Provvie searches through her desk and nods.
>"He's currently assigned to an extortion gig with a small-time celeb, an actor. We're charging him a protection fee. He likes his pillows nice and fluffy before he goes to sleep every night. We just make sure that his pillow stays safe throughout the day, and is there when he arrives home every night."
>She chuckles.
>"Think you can build anything off that?"

>input action
>>
>>28874886
We could say we have a receptionist we need to feed us information about their boss, who's a banker. Need him to help with the convincing.
>>
>>28874993
"Think I've got a plan... We could say we have a receptionist we need to feed us information about their boss. We'll say he's a banker. Need him to help with the convincing."
>Provvie shrugs.
>"There, done. Long as you can bullshit enough to get him upstairs, this'll go over smoothly. And if it doesn't, once he's in here there's an awful lot of ponies who could catch him."
>She then falls back into her seat.
>"Sweet Celestia this has me angry..."
>She moans as she covers her face with her hooves.
>"Truly magical day this is truning out to be."

>You take a seat and play cards with some of the ponies by the door for a few minutes before seeing Flint stride in and look about.
>He's wearing a rather sleek satchal, and nothing else appears to be on his pony.
>You decide to approach and say,
"Flint, right?"
>And he nods rather quickly after sizing you up.
>"Y-Yes S-T-Ms."
>He stutters, before mumbling,
>"So, I'm looking for a Twitch? Know where I might find her?"

>input action
>>
>>28875486
>almost accidentally says both our real and fake name.
Holy cow this guy's incompetent.

That's me, Flint, glad you could come on such short notice.
>>
>>28875486
That's me! We've been waiting for you. C'mon, I'll introduce you to the rest of the team.
>>
beb
>>
>>28875509
>>28875544
>You choke back a laugh at this guy's incompetence, then wave him forward.
"Come on, we've been waiting for you. I'll introduce you to everyone."
>After his welcome, you smile at him and motion for him to follow you up the stairs, which he does rather cautiously.
>He looks to Provvie's office, where a stallion is chatting with her, then plods up behind you and shakes out his mane.
>"So, a receptionist? Well, I had a few ideas on the way over..."
>But you playfully put a hoof to his lips and smirk,
"Save that for the meeting, eh?"
>As you open the door before him and wait for Nel.
>He steps back and peers into the room.
>Inside, nopony is sitting, but there's a few papers on the table and a very inconspicuous pair of handcuffs lying in the corner of the room.
>You swear and curse Nel, espicially as she's now nowhere to be seen from the entrance.
>Flint instantly backs off, slamming the door shut as he backs up.
>As he steps away he manages to spit through panicked motions,
>"He was right, w-why did I even bother coming!"
>Then pulls you against him and plasters a hoof over your mouth.
>As he drags you back you hyperventilate into his hoof as try and think of something to do, before wriggling about to get a better view of your situation as he struggles to hold you.
>Your current position is backed against a door at the end of the hall, but Flint doesn't seem to have realized he has a route of escape yet.
>Thankfully, the door to the "meetingroom" bangs open and a confused Nel pops out to look around, then freezes upon sighting the two of you.
>After a silent moment, she growls and Flint tightens his grip around your mouth and throat.
>"O-Okay... Both of you stay silent and nopony gets hurt."
>He stammers.

>input action
>>
>>28877003
Seriously, Nel?

How is he holding us? Is there any way we can get a shot into something important?
He has a chokehold around our neck, the situation's pretty desperate. Hitting him where it hurts might get him to let us go.
>>
>>28877003
Nothing about what just happened made sense. Did you decide to roll for what would happen and got a 1? That's the only way I can make sense of things.
>>
Poor Sharpie's having a really bad day today.
>>
>>28877003
Try to hit him in the dick, then hope he lets go, or at least losen up for us to escape. After we do so, we can put him between us and Nel and gang up on him.
>>
>>28877039
>>28877081
>>28877155
>At this point you're getting a bit sick and tired of this shitty day, and grumble to yourself about Nel being useless.
>You're not having any of this guy's shit.
>His hold is rather tight, but he's not threatening you with anything, so you take the opportunity to kick him in the dick as hard as you can instead of cowering per usual.
>To your surprise, it feels oddly satisfying, and you then decide to jump back and smush him into the door for good measure.
>He instantly lets go of you and crumples to the floor, and after that Nel pounces before whaling on him for a good while.
>Feeling better, you grin as Nel drags him away into the meetingroom and take a seat back against the wall of the hallway.
>Provvie yawns as she comes up the stairs, gives you a hoof up and sighs.
>"He give you a hard time?"
>You nod.
"Yeah, but I'm not really sure why... He didn't really have any reason to be suspicious."
>"Eh, what matters is that we got the prick."
>She shrugs and the two of you trot into the meetingroom, where Nel has Flint now cuffed to a chair.

>input action
>>
>>28878126
Look, I'm gonna skip the bullcrap. We both know why you tried whatever that half-baked escape attempt was.
So you had better get explaining really darn quick, cause my patience is at its very end.
>>
>>28878126
Search his bag.
>>
>>28878201
>>28878201
>You grab his bag and toss it at Nel before barking,
"Search."
>And turning to the new captive.
"Look, I'm gonna skip the bullcrap. I'm having a very, very crummy day and we both know why you tried whatever that half-baked escape attempt was."
>Flint sits speechless, and merely stares agape as he rattles his cuffs against the chair.
"Anyway, you had better get explaining really darn quick, cause my patience is at its very end."
>You finish gruffly, grabbing one of his ears and yanking it towards you.
"Got that?"
>Deep down, you feel a nagging bit of guilt, but ignore it for the moment and keep up the momentum you're rolling with.
>"Y-Yes..."
>He says quietly, Then wipes his snout against his shoulder.
>"Okay, Grudge hired me to be an undercover agent around here... Gave me some general info about the Laugh and the Golden and with it I bullshitted my way into working for Providence. And Kismet, but I don't know where she is now."
>He groans and slides down to the floor.
>"My job was to get information on ponies I met and worked with back to Grudge, most of which I don't think he ended up using. I was also looking into getting a contact at the police force, but it never panned out past the introductory meeting."
>He then coughs, and wipes his muzzle again.
>"Since you kept me continuously on that one job Prov, I-I didn't ever get much to report back. Grudge always kept telling me it might be to build up credibility, and just to keep at it."
>He then huffs,
>"But Grudge went silent just a little while back and I stopped coming in to work here... No reason to, I wasn't getting paid anymore. First time in a bit we talked was a call from him today telling me to be wary. Little while later I got your call Sharp, and here I am. My gut was right."
>He then laughs.
>"Anything else you ladies want to know?"

>input action
>>
>>28878620
Who's your contact?
>>
>>28879566
>>
>>28878724
"Who's your contact?"
>You ask shortly, and he sighs.
>"It never went through, but I talked with a guy named Ward once. He never called me back, so I guess something happened or they decided against doing business with me."

>input action
>>
>>28880323
Be more specific about the information you gave out to grudge.
>>
>>28880539
This. Can't think of anything to add really. I doubt this guy will be much use.
>>
>>28880954
Yeah, I don't really know what else we could ask him at this point. We know pretty much everything he could give us.
>>
>>28880974
I guess we might be able to coerce him into doing something for us, but what specifically I don't know. At this point it feels like we're fucked unless we get dirt on the cops.
>>
>>28880539
>>28880954
>>28880974
>>28880995
"Be a little more specific about what you handed over to Grudge."
>Flint tries to scratch his head, but gives up after a second and slumps back against the floor.
>"Descriptions of ponies. All the ones I worked with in detail. Vague ones of ponies I saw in the lobby, along with a few suspicious ones in the bar. Layout. I spent a while snooping about up in these rooms..."
>He then looks about and grumbles.
>"Wasn't my best move, coming up here with you."
>Provvie then grumbles and takes you aside.
>"I'm getting a bit tired of this guy, he's clueless! But I can't just let him go, he was snooping about and jeapordizing this whole place. I mean, we're already under scruitiny, but for all we know our layout is now in the hands of the police. Makes a raid a lot more viable..."
>She says nervously as she stares back towards Nel, who's currently keeping Flint distracted with some whispered chat.

>input action
>>
>tst>ts2>s3
>>tst>ts2>s3
>>
>>28881895
Whisper back.

We know the police are planning on a huge bust soon. Like it or not, The Laugh is compromised, and now that the police have a collar around both of our necks, we're kind of screwed in general. I don't know what to do either.
>>
>>28881895
This is bad. Really bad. We either find a way to destroy the investigation or hope the police go easy on us for helping, because there's no way we're wiggling out of this now.
>>
>>28882026
>>28882093
>You whisper back,
"We know the police are planning a huge bust soon. Like it or not, The Laugh is compromised, and now that the police have a collar around both our necks, we're kinda screwed. I really don't know what to do either..."
>You sigh.
"The only two things I've been able to think of are to find a way to destroy the investigation or hope the police go easy on us for helping, because we're in too deep to wriggle out now."
>Provvie sighs.
>"Yeah, I know... I've been trying to think of a way out myself actually. I think Kis got lucky here, as much as you screwed her over."
>She chuckles quietly.
>"Sabotage, escape and waiting around. And I don't exactly want to wait around and see what happens either, so I'm leaning more and more towards option one. How we'll do it? I've no idea."
>She then grumbles and motions towards Flint.
>"So, whaddya say we do about this guy? Let him go? Keep him around a little longer? Personally I'd like option two, but that might just be me and my pride..."

>input action
>>
>>28882274
We'd need an insider in the police. Or someone higher up who could pull strings.
As for him, yeah, let him go after him pink.
>>
>>28882495
"We'd need an insider from the police of someone who could pull the strings for us I'm thinking..."
>You muse, but Provvie grins.
>"Well, I don't think it'd be necessary. But it's not entirely out of our reach either. And it would make things easier..."
"And for this guy? Yeah, we let him go."
>You then step over to Nel and give her a tap on the head.
"We're letting him go. Don't run off and tell your friends, alright?"
>He nods, and after Nel gives him another slap for good measure, uncuffs him and leads him out of the room and downstairs.
>Provvie bites her lip.
>"Dead end... Well, least we've got a new plan. Bribe a big-shot, or maybe threaten him some other way."
>She then leads you out of the room and to the top of the stairs.
>"I'll look around and see if I can find anything interesting, or any particular marks we should consider for our purposes. You want to head home, or is there anything else you want to do?"
>She says with a smile,
>"I get the feeling you're having a pretty, ah, crummy day."

>input action
>>
>>28883070
Yeah I need to go for a walk or something. Geez, I got so mad when he grabbed me...
>>
>>28883070
We should go get ourselves ice cream. We deserve it after today.
>>
>>28883070
I haven't gotten that upset in a long time. If it's alright with you, I'd like to go.
>>
>>28883114
>>28883199
>>28883511
"Yeah, I think I need to head home. C-Celestia, I got so mad when he grabbed me!"
>You say and shake out your head.
"Maybe I need some fresh air. And ice cream."
>Provvie smirks.
>"Me too, honestly. Anyway, have a good one Twitch."
>With a wave and a pat on the back from Provvie, you're off and out of the Laugh.
>Straight to a convenience store to grab a pint of ice cream, and straight home after that.
>It's only about four in the afternoon, so it'll be a little bit until Tally comes back.
>What will you do until she gets back?

>input action
>>
>>28883664
Maybe a bit of radio. Get out our socks for extra relaxation, maybe. They're probably a bit dirty since Tally wore them yesterday, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. Hopefully.
>>
>>28883664
Gonna cuddle the fuck out of Tally.
>>
>>28883835
>>28884486
>Maybe a bit of radio to calm down...
>Listen to the adventures of Clandel and drift away into relaxation.
>But first, preperations!
>You place down your ice cream and grab a pair of spoons (one for you, one for Tally), and duck into your bedroom.
>There, you sift through your closet and pull out your favorite pair of socks, the pair Tally wore yesterday.
>It's not like she went out and about with them, dirtying them up in the streets of Canterlot, so you suppose they're clean enough and slip them on for some additional coziness.
>Then, you grab a blanket from the bed and trot back out to the livingroom, jumping on and letting it settle atop you as you flick the radio on.
>It hums with static for a second before you tune in and close your eyes as the familiar fanfare plays.

>The door slams shut, so you sit bolt upright and look to the door in fright.
>A smiling Tally greets you with a
>"Hey Sharp!"
>Then vaults over the couch and slips under the blanket into a hug.
>"You got to stay home and get some rest? Lucky..."

>input action
>>
>>28885028
Yeah, I had a pretty stressful day, some my boss let me off early.
>>
>>28885028
Ha, I got off early because my boss took pity on me.
>>
beb
>>
>>28885028
Time to get lewds.
>>
>>28886316
If by lewds you mean cuddles, then absolutely.
>>
>>28886290
>>
>>28886798
>>
>>28886413

Of course he means cuddles, what else could he mean?
>>
>>28885044
>>28885357
>>28886316
>>28886413
>>28887873
>You chuckle and give her a look.
"Ha, I wish. My day was super stressful. Boss ended up taking pity on me and letting me out early actually."
>Tally raises an eyebrow and shrugs,
>"Hey, that means you were doing something right. My day was a bit hectic too, but nothing I couldn't handle!"
>She says as she flops down onto her back and cuddles up close.
>"Are those?"
>She says confusedly after a second, then pulls the blanket off the two of you.
>"Socks? Yesterday's adventure got you in a bit of a sock mood, eh?"
>She says as she levitates the ice cream over, passing you a spoon.
>"Ice cream and cuddles under the sheets?"
>She asks with a smirk

>input action
>>
>>28889893
Yes please.
>>
>>28889893
That sounds perfect right now.
>>
>>28889906
>>28889949
"Oh that sounds perfect..."
>You sigh happily and take the spoon, uncapping the tub and digging in.
>The two of you proceed to scarf down the whole thing in a matter of minutes.
>Tally chucks it behind the couch, calling that
>"We can grab it later, eh Sharp?"
>And giggling slightly behind a hoof.
>You flail about a second or so before srcunching up at your red and purple devil and stepping off the couch to clean her mess.
>After trashing the pint you return for another cuddle, but in your absence Tally's decided to occupy the whole of the couch's limited real estate.
>"Sorry Sharp..."
>She says with feigned remorse,
>"T-There just isn't enough space!"

>input action
>>
>>28890126
Guess you'll just have to share, then.
>>
>>28890126
Oh really? Because I see a spot shaped like you that looks just perfect for jumping on.
>>
>>28890126
Than lets make some space.
>>
>>28890148
>>28890149
>>28890152
>You grin and rub a hoof over her snoot.
"Really? Because I a spot shaped like you perfect for jumping on!"
>You then lock eyes with Tally and smirk at her until she rolls over and stammers,
>"F-Fine, but I'm only letting you because I want to cuddle."
>Before pulling you in and enveloping you with a mixture of blanket and hooves.
>You gladly accept her hug and snuggle up in her fur, eventually shifting about until the two of you lie facing each other.
>Tally gives you a kiss on the cheek and pulls the blankets over your head, darkening out the fading sunlight.
>You can smell the vanilla on her breath still.
>The feeling of her chest pressed up against yours.
>A breath in, a breath out.
>"So Sharpie..."
>She starts,
>"You said you had a bit of a crappy day. Any particular reason?"
>After a breif pause, she then nuzzles her cheek against yours and continues,
>"And more importantly, any way I can help?"

>input action
>>
>>28890320
Someone was stealing at work and I lost my temper. I don't like being like that. And you're helping right now silly. This is more than enough for me.
>>
>>28890367
"Someone was stealing at work and I lost my temper... I don't like being like that, makes me feel kinda sick. And you're helping right now silly, this is more than enough for me."
>You say cheerily as you nuzzle into her cheek.
>Tally blushes and grins,
>"Well if this is all you need I'm happy to provide it. And that's a shame... If I saw someone being crappy at work I'd probably speak up about it."
>She then sighs.
>"But it's alright Sharp... I imagine that's not the only thing that happened if you got let off early, but I won't make you relive it for my sake. Anyway, we've got a whole night ahead of us, and I wanted to know if you were up for anything fun! Going out, seeing a movie, having dinner, something like that! Or were you thinking maybe a rest at home would be better?"

>input action
>>
>>28891534
A movie kinda sounds nice actually.
>>
>>28891585
>You spend a moment thinking before nodding,
"Hey, a movie doesn't sound like too bad an idea!"
>And sitting up.
>Tally follows suit, and grins,
>"Well, you better get out of those socks first, they'll be waiting when you get back and I doubt you'd want to be seen in such scandalous clothing."
>She finishes with a giggle, and you roll your eyes as you slip them off and leave them in a neat stack at the center of the coffee table.
>Tally grabs her purse, you grab some spare bits and the two of you trot out into the sunset to find a movie worth seeing.

>Not too far from your apartment is the famous Chineighse Theatre, both yours and Tally's favorite one in town.
>It's a small place, but modeled to what you'd think a chineighse padoga might look like, with a copious coat of red paint.
>You arrive outside and decide to spend a little while inspecting the posters outside.
>Deciding what to get a ticket for, of course.
>There's four films playing tonight, Transformares 2, The Silver Horseshoe, Solstice and a movie adaptation of The Marechant of Venice.
>Transformares is the newest Michael Neigh film straight off the presses, starring robo-mares in an epic fight for control of Equestria.
>Because everything needs a sequel.
>Silver Horseshoe is a little more subdued, a high fantasy action film starring what looks like a party of three stallions and two mares on a quest for, well, the Silver Horseshoe.
>There's a good deal of moon and sun imagery on the poster, which makes you wonder if the princesses were somehow involved.
>Solstice is a drama about a stallion pining after his high school sweetheart, after having met her for the first time in years.
>And Marechant is an adoption of the play, about a merchant who helps her friend to get married by taking on a dubious loan from a griffon moneylender, and the humorous and harrowing problems that arise from it.
>Tally shrugs,
>"I don't mind any of these, do you have a preference?"

>input action
>>
>>28892066
After today, I think I'll need a movie like Solstice to relax a bit.
>>
>>28892066
Solstace sounds like it's our speed.
>>
>>28892066
Solstice sounds like Sharpie's kind of chick flick.
>>
none
consensual
nuzzling
>>
>>28892066
Pick the least sought after film and proceed to lewdly hold hoovsies in the back rows.
>>
>>28894090
That's fucked anon. Do it.
>>
>>28892066

Oy gevalt, one of those movies sounds highly stereotypical and offensive.

Let's watch it.
>>
beb
>>
>>28894963
>>
>>28892286
>>28892393
>>28892942
>>28893419
>>28894090
>>28894230
>You point out Solstice and grin,
"I'm up for something a little cheesy."
>And Tally groans,
>"Okay, m-maybe not that one."
>But you roll your eyes as you drag her forward and whisper,
"C'mon, do you really think we're actually going to watch it?"
>And give her a mischevious smirk as you disappear inside from the city streets.

>The two of you grab some popcorn, drinks and a candy each before heading in.
>Tally prefers chocolate, while you've always liked the gummy stuff.
>She decides on a simple bar of chocolate and you grab some gummy bears, get a little variety.
>After that, you get your tickets punched and head inside into the darkness, snacking on popcorn as you go along.
>You're having a bit of trouble carrying your things and taking bites at the same time, so Tally ends up levitating your stuff in front of your mouth as you walk, up the stairs and to the back of the theatre.
>"Thish sheems good!"
>Tally says as she plops down in the corner and pats the seat next to her.
>As you slip in next to her and look out over the seats, you realize it's rather empty today.
>Perfect for some secret cuddles.
>Tally props up her legs on the seat in front of her and levitates her popcorn above her head, letting them fall one by one into her awaiting mouth as the trailers roll by in front of you.
>"Sho Sherpi."
>She muffles out through a mouthful of corn, then crunches it abruptly and swallows.
>"You think they got any cameras in this place?"

>input action
>>
>>28896185
It's an empty theater. I don't think they'd mind if we got a little cuddly.
>>
>>28896229
"Aw, it's an empty theatre. They won't mind if we get a little cuddly..."
>You say as you scoot over and give her a kiss on the cheek.
>Tally jumps slightly in surprise, showering herself with popcorn and spilling a bunch all over her mane.
>She scrunches at you, then hiccups.
>"D-hic-Damnit Sharpie!"
>She curses, trying to pick the little bits of popcorn out of her mane as you giggle at her misfortune.
>"I-I swe-hic-swear, you'll pay for this!"

>input action
>>
>>28896356
I hope so, Tally
>>
>>28896356
Sure thing Tally. That'll make us even! Heh...
>>
>>28896501
>>28896518
"I hope so! That'll make us..."
>You start snickering, and Tally's popcorn falls to her lap.
>"S-Sharpie! You better not!"
>But it's too late to stop you now.
>Tally tries to put a hoof over your mouth, but you're able to blurt out,
"T-That'll make us even!"
>And Tally visibly cringes,
>"I knew it was coming and it still hurt!"
>She wails, then falls back against her seat, feigning death by cheesy joke.

>input action
>>
>>28896689
Check for pulse while stealing popcorn.
>>
>>28896689
Gib CPR
>>
>>28896689
Mouth to mouth
>>
>>28896715
"T-Tally, no!"
>You cry out in feigned worry.
"It'll be okay!"
>You continue, checking her hoof and neck for a pulse.
>Of course, there is one, and you decide to plunder her popcorn while crying out,
"O-Oh no-awh!"
>Punctuating your speech with loud crunches,
"W-We'll need to perform CPR!"
>You say as you swallow, lightly pressing on her chest three times before leaning in, plugging her nose and going in for mouth to mouth.
>It takes three repetitions before her eyes open, and as you pull away to shout your congratulations you're drawn back in for another rep.
>After she lets you go, she coughs a little and thumps her chest with a hoof before whispering breathily,
>"D-Doc Catalog, a-am I going to ba alright?"

>input action
>>
>>28897484
That was a pretty brutal pun you were hit with. We'll have to put you on 10 ccs of hugs, 20 ccs of nuzzles, and 50 ccs of hoof holding stat.
>>
>>28897484
>>28897516
>>
>>28899089
>>
>>28897516
>>28898288
>You nod, and gently rub her mane,
"Well, that was a pretty brutal pun you were hit with. I'll have to put you on 10ccs of hugs, 20ccs of nuzzles and 50ccs of hoof-holding, stat."
>Tally chuckles, and whispers again, punctuating her speech with soft coughs.
>"I-I hope you'll be able to provide Doc, I-I don't think there's much time."
>You roll your eyes and chuckle before gingerly nodding,
"It's going to be okay Tally, trust me..."
>And pulling her upright and into a hug.
>"I hope so..."

>The movie starts off pretty weak, with you and Tally making jokes the whole way through the opening act.
>One of her hooves slowly makes it's way around your back, the other pressed in yours as you stare towards the screen.
>When it continues and shows no sign of improving, Tally pulls your eyes from the projection and towards a shining white grin,
>"I think I've seen enough, and while it's a pretty miserable excuse for a film, I'm sure it'll make fantastic background noise..."
>She finishes with a chuckle, then nuzzles up against your cheek.
>"So how about those treatments you spoke about before? I'm still recovering from the aural damage you know..."

>input action
>>
>>28900400
Absolutely, Tally. And if the prescribed medication isn't enough, then we could get you on a regimen of Eskimo kisses with the occasional kiss on the lips as needed.
>>
>>28901344
>>
>>28900432
"Absolutely Tally! And if the prescribed medication isn't enough, then we could get you on a regimen of Eskimo kisses with the occasional kiss on the lips as needed."
>She grins and whispers,
>"I hope it isn't..."
>Before squeezing your hoof again and pecking you on the cheek.
>After a couple of seconds of quiet nuzzling, she then retreats across her hoofrest, still holding your hoof.
>"But I'm normally the forward one, perhaps I should leave it to my doctor to administer my treatment today... Wouldn't want an overdose."

>input action
>>
>>28902292
Well this is new ground for Sharpie.
Maybe Dr. Sharpie should start out slow, with some gazing into her eyes and some snoot rubbing.
>>
>>28902474
>You sit back for a second and think a moment.
>It's new ground you're breaking here, and you need a second to consider your options.
>After a few seconds' consideration, you decide upon starting Tally's treatment out slow.
>Dr. Catalog likes to take her time...
>You turn back to your red and purple patient then shift over to squish in on her seat, pulling her chest up against yours and gazing deep into her eyes.
>She sighs a little, bites her lip and looks back into your eyes, waiting.
>After a few moments you break the gaze and rub your snoot up against hers, not a kiss, but close.
>Tally smirks back when you return her gaze, then shifts so her back is against the seat and you facing her.
>"Well? How about those Eskimo kisses? I'm feeling an awful fever coming on..."

>input action
>>
>>28902684
Of course, administer those kisses via gentle rubbing of our snootle against hers
>>
Sorry all, I just can't muster the effort to update right now. Pausing here for the night. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
>>
>>28903185
Night Aight, sleep well.
>>
>>28903239
>>
>>28904244
>>
>>28902684
She may have as many as she wants, so long as she wants a multiple of two.
>>
>>28905015
>>
We should have a session tonight, but I'm not sure how late.
>>
>>28907733
very
>>
>>28902878
>>28905692
>You giggle and give her a small boop as you nudge her cheek up against hers.
"Long as we get you an even dosage, I'm sure you'll be fine."
>You whisper as you pull her close, then put your lips against hers.
>Honestly, it's as much a surprise to you as it is to her.

>The two of you finish out the movie in each other's hooves, cuddling and kissing as...
>Something happens on the screen in front of you.
>Neither of you even notice the lights coming up.
>And it isn't until a giggling mare taps you on the shoulder and shocks you out of a kiss that you do.
>"Guys, we've got to clear out for the next show..."

>input action

Nips hours late it seems.
>>
>>28909605
O-oh shoot, s-sorry, we got a little carried away
>>
>>28909614
"O-Oh! Shoot, we got a little carried away..."
>You say with embarrassment and try to stand.
>But Tally's having none of that.
>She pulls you back down and into another kiss.
>You desperately try to flail out of her grasp as the mare behind you giggles, and you scrunch madly at her when she finally lets go.
>"Y-You guys are adorable..."
>The mare snickers, and Tally gives you a wink as she walks into the aisle like nothing happened.

>input action
>>
>>28909699
Increased embarrassment is in order. Maybe whine Tally's name as we run after her.
>>
>>28909699
Give her an exaggerated pout.
>>
>>28909747
>>28909848
>You flush bright red and stammer out a,
"S-Sorry, sorry..."
>To the mare and head out after your roomie.
>After getting close, you whine out a,
"Tally..."
>And pout the grumpiest pout you can.
>Tally giggles at your expression and scratches the underside of your chin, then pets your mane.
>Your eyes narrow and you grumble,
"I'm serious here Tally!"
>But all you get in return is her tinkling laugh.
>"Sharpie, I really need to teach you how to lighten up. Well, in public at least."
>She then delivers a kiss to your cheek and reaches out to you with a hoof.
>"Let's start small as we walk home... You're going to hold my hoof the whole way."

>input action

Hopefully an earlier session tomorrow.
>>
>>28909983
Let's play along.
>>
>>28909983
B-but what if foals see?
>>
lewd
>>
beb
>>
>>28911817
>>
>>28912935
>>
>>28910363
>>28910553
"B-But what if foals see?"
>You say nervously, looking about for any in your immediate vicinity.
>There's a few in line for tickets with their parents, and you take a deep gulp as you continue.
"W-We could be corrupting Equestria's future!"
>But before you can object, Tally grabs your hoof and skips forward, smirking at your horrified face.
>In the ticket line, the parents gasp and quickly cover their foals' eyes as she trots shamelessly forward, sporting the biggest grin you've seen her with in a long time.
>Figuring you've already committed yourself to this, you may as well play along and have a bit of fun.
>Ponies passing on the street give you rather stunned looks as you walk on by, and one delicate looking mare freezes in shock before running back the opposite way.
>She finally relinquishes your hoof outside your apartment building, and gives you a peck on the cheek as the both of you start up the stairs.
>"So, what'dya think? Nothing wrong with a little harmless fun, right?"

>input action
>>
>>28914626
I-I guess. I hope those other ponies are okay though...
>>
>>28914626
That was kinda fun.
>>
>>28914639
>>28914640
>You sigh and follow up the stairs.
"I guess it was! I do hope those other ponies are okay though..."
>You say nervously, and Tally rolls her eyes and she gives you a noogie, and you flail spastically to fix your carefully braided mane.
>"Like a little public affection every hurt anypony."
>She giggles, taking you upstairs and into the apartment.
>Now back home, Tally looks out the window and lets out a deep breath, over the lights of the city.
>The sun's already fallen below the horizon, but city's slendor makes a fine replacement.
>She pulls you close, pops open the glass and takes a deep breath of the chilly night air you just left before leaning out over the edge.
>"Been an exciting few days..."
>She muses, then looks to you.
>"How do you think that job application at the castle is going?"

>input action
>>
>>28914828
I'm worried that it's not well.
>>
>>28914828
I haven't heard much. Starting to think I won't get it.
>>
>>28914845
>>28914895
"I haven't heard much, so I'm worried it's not going well... Maybe I won't end up getting it."
>Tally grins.
>"Oh come on Sharpie, you're the most organized mare I know! How could they turn down somepony like you for a job like that?"
>She then shrugs,
>"Well, if they don't decide on you, it's their loss. And a big one too. Anyway, you want to do anything else tonight? I'm thinking a shower and off to bed. How about you?"

>input action
>>
>>28914924
An early bed sounds nice
>>
>>28914924
Sure, that sounds nice.
>>
>>28914930
>>28914950
"Early bed sounds nice..."
>You say as Tally wanders off.
>She disappears into the bathroom, and you decide to spend a minute cleaning up around the house.
>Everything goes over well, but as always there's something that just isn't right.
>And today, it's dust bunnies under the bed that catch your attention, so you spend a fruitless few minutes trying to blow them out with especially deep breaths.
>You turn around after a while and spy a bemused Tally watching and grinning.
>"Well, you seem to be having fun doing... Whatever it is you're doing. Want to come share a shower? Saves water."
>She finishes with a wink.

>input action
>>
>>28915025
Totally miss the implications and agree.
>>
>>28915025
Good idea. Waste not want not!
>>
>>28915031
>>28915055
"Great idea!"
>You chirp happily, and jump from your task at hoof.
"Waste not want not!"
>You say as you trot inside the bathroom with her and think to yourself about how two ponies showering must be inherently better than just one.
>Tally leads you into the shower, and while it's a bit small, the two of you squish in together just fine.
>To your complete and utter surprise, Tally then takes you into her hooves and kisses you as she turns the shower knob with her horn, dousing your embrace with hot water.

>input action
>>
>>28915136
O-oh wow, unforeseen makeout session.
>>
>>28915136
Wiggle hoofs around Tally until we reach the knob and adjust the temperature to six.
Or maybe four.
>>
File: 1479341465233.png (274KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479341465233.png
274KB, 1200x900px
Remember to cuddle your mares.

This hasn't been posted here yet, has it?
>>
>>28915172
>>28915181
>You spot the temperature setting resting on five, and quickly break the embrace to reach for the dial to turn it up to six.
>Internally, you sigh with relief as Tally's eyes shoot open and she looks to the knob.
>She spies your change and whines slightly, but makes no effort to change your decision and instead reaches for some soap, which she holds over the both of you as she pulls you into another embrace.
>The cool liquid slowly trickles down both your manes and into your fur, a nice contrast to the warm water still drizzling over your bodies.
>However, a small trickle of the stuff dribbles into Tally's eye, and she breaks the embrace to hold it and whisper,
>"O-Oh, ouch! T-That stings more than I thought it would!"

>input action

>>28915182
a nuzzle a day keeps the doctor away
>>
>>28915457
Tally please. Soap is for fur, not eyes.
Help the silly mare wash it out.
>>
Pausing here for the night
>>
>>28917393
>>
>>28915489
"Oh, you silly billy..."
>You giggle as you pick up a wash cloth and dab it at her eyes.
"Soap is for fur, not for eyes!"
>She chuckles and takes the rag, using it to wash out the rest of the soap before rubbing the rest of it into her mane and fur and grinning back.
>"Well, it's a good thing I have you Sharpie, otherwise I wouldn't have known!"
>You grin back, and after a few more minutes she steps out of the shower and holds up a towel and a manedryer.
>"I know you like to manedry, but it takes so long... You want to just give it a couple tugs with the towel and be done with it? I-I promise your braid won't suffer too much."

>input action
>>
>>28919558
Fine... We'll just wear it down tomorrow.
>>
>>28919558
Hmf, alright, just this once.
>>
>>28919602
>>28919817
"Fine... I'll just wear it down tomorrow."
>You say with a sigh as you take the towel and run it over your messy, soaked mane.
>Tally squees a little,
>"Ooh! You look so cute with your hair down, I can't wait to see."
>Before running the tower over her own hair and skipping off to bed.
>You roll your eyes and chuckle at her before trotting up with her and falling into bed next to her.
>Tally hums a small tune before looking over into your eyes.
>"I think things are looking up for us Sharpie... You'll get that job, you'll see..."
>She says quietly before sliding up close and closing her eyes.
>"Night..."
>She whispers, and you calmly sigh back a
"Good night..."
>Of your own.

>The next day, you awaken to a damp pillow and an intoxicating smell from the kitchen.
>You stumble in to find Tally whipping up a batch of waffles, one hanging down from her mouth as she slams the griddle closed for another.
>"Heyh Sherpie!"
>She says through the breakfast, then takes a ginormous gulp and swallows it almost whole.
>"The millk was about to expire and we had a lot left, so I decided to use it up! You want maple syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, or anything else?"
>She asks as she pokes her head into the fridge.

>input action
>>
>>28920854
Yes, to everything.
>>
>>28920854
Yes.
>>
>>28920887
>>28920963
"Yes. To everything."
>You say as you brush your mane out of your eyes an take a seat at the table.
>Tally shrugs,
>"Well, don't get mad at me when you keel over!"
>And passes over a waffle stacked with maple syrup, chocolate syrup, bananas, strawberries, and whipped cream.
>"Seems like a bit of a large meal for a weekday, but you've been having a bit of a string of bad days and thought you deserved it..."
>She says as she takes a seat next to you with a much more modest plate, maple syrup and strawberries on her waffle.
>"I've been thinking Sharp, do you want to take a vacation?"
>Before you can speak up, she holds up a hoof.
>"And I know, you're working on nailing the job at the palace, and you're super busy... But after everything settles down, would you like to take a little trip to the tropics? Might be a nice way to de-stress, and Celestia do I need that."

>input action
>>
>>28921152
Gosh... That'll probably have to be a ways off, if we do. Even if I do get the job at the palace, it might be irresponsible to take vacation time so soon after being hired.

But thanks for this, Tally, work has been going really crappy lately, but you've been so optimistic about things and I'm sorry if I'm bumming you out.
>>
>>28921152
>>28921241
But be sure to mention that yes, it does sound wonderful to take some vacation time in the tropics.
>>
>>28921241
>>28921499
"Gosh, that'll have to be a ways off... Even if I do get this palace job, it'd be irrisponsible to take vacation time so quickly after being hired."
>Tally grins,
>"Oh, I meant in a few months, when all this settles down. I'm sure the princesses give vacation days."
>You laugh a little and nod,
"I hope thy do... And thanks for all this Taly. Work's been going really crappy as of late, but your optimism's been a great thing to come back to every day. Sorry if I'm bumming you out. But yeah, a vacation does sound wonderful..."
>Tally then scoots her chair over to you and envelops you in a hug, causing you to drop a little chocolate syrup from your fork onto her red fur.
>But before you can obsessibely grab her and drag her to the sink for a thourough cleaning, she licks it off and smiles back,
>"Oh, you're fine Sharp, I've been known to be a party pooper too. It'll pass, I know it will. One way or another..."

>input action
>>
>>28921711
Thanks Tally.

Give her a hug, finish up with breakfast, go through our routines, give her a goodbye kiss, and head to work.
>>
>>28921755
"Thanks Tally..."
>You say with relief.
>You then give her a hug and finish up her delicious waffle before standing and wandering back to your room.
>There, you make to throw your hair into a braid, then pause and throw over your shoulder.
>It looks surprisingly nice like that...
>After, you wash up and give your teeth a good brush (after a sweet breakfast like that, you really needed it), before heading to the door to leave for the Laugh.
>However, just as you're about to step out, the phone rings.
>You're already a little late out the door, and consider leaving it behind for a moment.

>input action
>>
>>28922292
Freeze as we consider that it might be the police.

Then go answer it.
>>
>>28922292
Could be important, considering things.
>>
>>28922292
Make sure Tally doesn't get it, if she hasn't left already.
>>
>>28922292
Best pick it up, just in case.
>>
>>28922305
>>28922337
>>28922437
>>28923469
>Yoo freeze for a moment, then let the door shut as you begrudgingly trot to answer it.
>Considering things, it might be important.
>The shrill trill stops as you hoof it to your ear and greet the caller with a cheery,
"Hello?"
>From the line comes a male voice, and one you recognize.
>"Hey, it's Ward."
>The stallion states in a rather calm voice.
>"I'd like you to come in today if it wouldn't compromise anything. Any time throughout the day is alright. That okay?"

>input action
>>
>>28924216
Promises of lewd.
>>
>>28924216
Ah, so it really was them. I suppose we should go. Do we need to talk to Provide first?
>>
>>28924216
Yeah. Okay.

>>28924746
Yes. She has a job for us involving the police.
>>
Let do.... shiny work.
>>
>>28924216
Yeah, I can do that.
>>
Sorry for the lack up updates tonight. Should be back either later or tomorrow.
>>
>>28927035
>>
>>28927827
np
>>
beb
>>
>>28928632
>>
>>28863976
>>
>>28930676
>>
>>28931882
>>
>>28932431
>>
>>28924746
>>28924923
>>28926065
"Yeah, I can."
>You say rather dully back, and Ward yawns from the other end.
>"Great, see you whenever."
>And the line goes silent.
>You put down the receiver and sigh as you trot out the door, down the stairs and into the mid-morning light.

>Provvie sits up as you walk into her office, and you promptly state,
"I got a call from the police, they want me to come in today."
>And she jumps to her hooves.
>"Great, that's according to plan actually. I've been prepping some stuff for when it happened, things that might help you get by and grab a little more information."
>She then lays out a few items on the table in front of her and goes through them one by one.
>"So the plan was for you to get into the police offices and try to find info on what's going on. I can get you a layout, which is in this little map."
>She says as she hoofs it over.
>"Sadly it doesn't have agent names, but offices are marked by number. If you can find out someone's agent ID, you'll be able to find their room."
>She then moves on and holds up a small golden badge.
>"This is a fake badge. Good for fitting in when you're somewhere you shouldn't be in the precinct. Of course, I'm guessing if someone takes too close a look at you they might get suspicious, but play it cool and I think it might help."
>Then, she moves on to a red scrunchie and hoofs it to you.
>"Normally you braid your hair, and while you didn't today, I got this guy set up for you. Inside are a microphone and small recording device. It doesn't have too much space, so be sparing when you use it."
>She then sits back.
>"So, Ward and Buck are the head agents on our case, but I'm sure you remember that. Get into their offices, sift through their files, find evidence of their plans and get out. Simple when I say it, probably a lot harder in practice. Think you can handle it? Sorry for dumping all that on you just as you get in by the way."
>She asks with a smirk, then sits back.

>input action
>>
>>28933365
I think at this point I have to try.
>>
>>28933365
Okay, but what do I do if something goes wrong though?
>>
>>28933405
>You shake your head,
"I think at this point I don't have a choice, I've got to try..."
>And Provvie chuckles.
>"Well, I suppose that's true. I guess I'm just trying to reassure you."
>She says with a pat on the back.
>"So I assume you're going in to their offices soon. Is there anything else I can help you with before you head out?"

>input action
>>
>>28933516
Provvie, what do I do if I get caught?
>>
>>28933533
"Provvie, what should I do if I get caught?"
>You ask nervously, skittering your hoof against the fine carpet of her office and biting your lip.
>She rubs her head and sighs.
>"Listen Sharp, I don't really have a backup plan for you here. You get caught, there isn't much I can do. Don't."
>She then grinds her teeth together for a moment, then sighs.
>"Well, maybe one thing. I've got a friend in the force. However, he's in a completely different department and I know for a fact he's clueless about this current pickle we're in. Whether or not you want to seek him out for aid is up to you, but I don't know how he'll react. Might be hard to explain our current situation. Think that's worth a shot?"

>input action
>>
>>28933646
It's something. Plus a friend on the inside might be helpful. Might help with getting access to these places.
>>
>>28933703
"It's something. And a friend on the inside might help me get access to these places."
>She nods.
>"Of course. His name's Superstition, and he works in traffic violations. You know, carriage accidents, parking tickets and the like."
>She then trots back over to her desk and pulls out her phone.
>"Two things before you head out. Would you like for me to call him and let him know you're coming? And how's 200 sound for pay?"
>She scratches her mane and sighs,
>"You're saving my ass here too, and while I can't really give you company funds, I'll gladly pay out of my own pocket."

>input action
>>
>>28934391
200 is just fine, thanks Provvie. And yeah, it would make things easier on me if you let him know Im coming.
>>
>>28934778
This. Give her a hug too.
>>
>>28935016
This. Definitely hug.
>>
beb
>>
>>28934778
>>28935016
>>28935604
"200 is just fine, thanks Provvie. And it wouldd make things easier if you let him know I'm coming."
>You then trot over and put your hooves around her.
>Provvie tenses up for a moment, then instinctively pushes you away.
>You fall back, feeling a little hurt, but as you turn away to leave Provvie pulls you back into an embrace of her own.
>"S-Sorry... I'm just a bit nervous about that sort of thing."
>After a weak smile she returns to her desk and sighs.
>"Hopefully I'll see you later Twitch. Good luck."
>You nod and set off, slipping out of the Laugh to weave through the city streets.

>You arrive outside the main precinct and stare up at the imposing two story building.
>From the layout, it seems traffic violations are handled on the first floor in a small clump towards the rear of the building.
>Investigations are handled on the second floor, in their own special department above the entrance.
>The building itself is sandwiched between two others, an alley on either side that leads into blackness.
>In front of you is the doorway, and through it you can spy the reception desk and waiting room.

>input action
>>
>>28936567
Are there any cameras? We might want to check the alleys for alternate ways out of the building. Maybe we could get into a nearby window or roof if we have to.
>>
>>28936605
>You peer around looking for cameras, and spy one at the corner of the building next to the right alley.
>It watches two areas on a rather swift rotation, the entrance to the alley and the front of the station.
>You're currently not in its view, but move any closer towards the doors and you will be.
>After that, you inspect the alleys themselves, making sure to stay out of the eye of the law.
>The right alley has a door close to the corner of the building, and what looks like a garbage chute towards the end.
>Next to the garbage are a few cardboard boxes, and a wooden crate.
>There's also a few windows, both on the first and second floors.
>In the left alley there's a manhole right under your hooves and a fire escape ladder towards the rear.
>It's too high to reach, but if you could get a leg up on something you could probably grab it and pull yourself up.
>There's windows here on this side as well, both on the first and second floors.

>input action
>>
>>28937246
We should remember where the fire exit is when we head in. It would be a good way to get out of the building unnoticed without having to head to the main entrance. For now, we should go make that meeting happen.
>>
>>28937414
>You make a note to yourself about the fire escape's location, then trot through the front doors.
>Showtime Sharpie.
>Somepony is talking to the reception mare, so you wait until they finish before approaching and peering over the desk to get a look at her.
>She's a red pegasus with a green mane and sporting a rather displeased expression.
>"Yes?"
>She asks rather grumpily, then leans back in her chair and yawns.

>input action
>>
>>28937596
Hey, I'm here to see Officer Ward. He's expecting me.
>>
>>28937596
It's Sharp Catalog. I'm here to see Ward.
>>
Have a happy Thanksgiving all!
Pausing for now.
>>
>>28937780
y-you too
>>
>>28937780
You too, Aight
>>
beb
>>
>>28938581
>>
>>28939364
>>
>>28940133
>>
>>28940885
>>
Bop
>>
We should check for cameras in every room when possible, as unnoticeably as possible. I don't remember if we did that last time we were at the station.
There's no way there are no cameras tracking everything inside. I have no idea how we're going to do our research without being seen.

We can bring a crate or a prop to reach the ladder if we need to come back later. The camera outside doesn't check that alley, we can do it totally unnoticed by going through the sewers, or with good timing by waiting for the camera to check the alley and not the entrance.
What is that door on the right? Is it important?
When would be the best time to activate the mic? I'm sure we can memorize everything that will be said during the meetings. Should we just "accidentally" drop it somewhere important, and then notice it fell off before leaving?
>>
>>28937616
>>28937617
"I'm here to see Officer Ward, he's expecting me."
>You say, hoping to keep your name intentionally ambiguous.
>She grabs at a rotary phone on her desk, but misses, and ends up knocking the whole receiver over.
>After that, she then proceeds to angrily right it and punch in in each number very deliberately.
>Grumpily, she bleats into the receiver.
"Ward, I have a mare to see you. You expecting anyone?"
>There's a slight pause before she stands and opens a door for you, pointing you down a hallway.
>"He's down, to the left, up the stairs and then you can ask someone else where his office is."
>After leaving the door open, you wait for her to escort you, or do something else, but she merely returns to her desk and slams the phone back on its head.
>"Well? What are you waiting for?"
>Down the hall you can spy a few rows of cubicles and some other rooms ringed around them.
>Various ponies stand around in the hallways chatting, some in police gear, others not.

>input action
>>
>>28943493
Ask one where we could find Buck, then continue to Ward's office.
>>
>>28943493
Lets ask about where Superstition is.
>>
>>28943546
Would asking about Superstition be too suspicious? Would it give someone the idea that there might be a connection between us later?
>>
>>28943922
Only if we ask somebody that knows about who we are and why we're here. A random cop wouldn't have a need to remember who they give directions to since it seems like a common thing here.
>>
>>28943518
>>28943546
>>28943922
>>28943940
>You approach a stallion standing by a water cooler just inside the door and scratch at your mane.
"E-Excuse me, do you know where I could find a stallion named Buck?"
>The stallion nods, then points up the stairs.
>"Oh, yeah, he's just up the stairs and to the left, got a shiny little plaque with his name on it outside his office. Don't know if he's in today, but he might be."
>You smile politely, then continue,
"And I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but another stallion named Superstition? Any idea where he is?"
>He screws up his face and scratches his head for a moment,
>"Super... Oh, he's a traffic guy I think, back of the building. I'm not sure if he has a cubicle or an office, but his name'll be around there somewhere."
>The stallion then extends a hoof and smiles,
>"Would you want some help finding your way around? I'm Mawk, by the way."

>input action
>>
>>28944688
Oh, no, I think I can manage, but thank you for your help, Mawk. Have a nice day
>>
>>28945095
"Oh, I think I can manage. But thank you Mawk! Have a nice day."
>You say as you trot forward, inspecting the offices about you.
>There's a camera watching the stairs and another watching down the entry hallway, but none others in your sight.
>Currently, you face towards the back of the station, to your right and down the hall the staircase up to the second floor (and some rooms following that), to your left a few rows of cubicles and some side halls, across which you can see other offices.
>Most ponies now seem to be shuffling back to their desks, maybe you popped in at break time.
>As you look about to take in the room, a splotchy gray stallion bumps into you, gives you a funny look, then walks off out towards the exit of the station.

>input action
>>
>>28945667
Well, the receptionist said left, but we aren't seeing any stairs that way, so we can head right instead. We can go up the stairs and walk past Buck's office to see if he's in. Then we can ask someone the way to Ward's.
>>
blep
>>
>>28946309
>You don't see any stairs to the left, so you bite your lip and head upstairs to look around.
>You come out in the middle of the floor, and just a bit to the left you spy Buck's office.
>His door's closed, and through the window you can spy he's currently not at work.
>Nopony's around anymore, so you wander around a little looking for cameras and trying to find Ward's office.
>One is watching the top of the stairs, another the hallway next to Buck's office.
>There's a blind spot on Buck's door, but you don't think it's possible to exit the building without being seen (at least if you decide to use the stairs again).
>Ward's office turns out to be pretty close to Buck's, so it doesn't take long to find and as soon as you're spotted he rushes out and gives you a worried look.
>"Sorry, just thought someone would be coming up with you. No matter though..."
>He mutters before pulling you into his office and shutting the door behind him.
>First thing you notice, there's no cameras.
>He does pull out a tape recorder and place it on the table, but then sits back without turning it on.
>"So Sharp, had an interesting couple of days I hope? Fill me in on what's going on at work..."

>input action
>>
>>28947404
Dammit, I just got on and missed my chance to have us look for Superstition. Ask who he expected to come with us?
>>
>>28947404
I've been working pretty closely with Provvie the past couple days. Open Front tried to kidnap me and we're getting to the bottom of the people he hired to do so.
>>
>>28947418
>>28947546
"Who were you expecting?"
>You ask nervously, and he clops his hooves together.
>"Normally, the receptionist might lead you up, but I suppose if she's the only one on duty it might be hard to just leave her desk... N-No matter, you're here now."
>You then shrug and continue.
"I've been working closely with Provvie for the past couple of days. Open Front tried to kidnap me and we're getting to the bottom of that, trying to find the ponies responsible."
>Ward raises an eyebrow.
>"Kidnap? That's a bit of a serious accusation... Well, are you sure everything's alright?"

>input action
>>
>>28947666
He was convinced to back off and the guy working for him was fired.
>>
>>28947666
Not really an accusation, since he told me personally that it was what he intended to do...
>>
>>28947666
It's been settled. There's no reason for him to try it again.
>>
>>28947682
>>28947698
>>28947752
"Well, it's not really an accusation since he told me straight to my face at one point..."
>You say with conviction, and Ward seems to grow a little more nervous.
>Honestly, you could watch him squirm all day.
"But it's been settled. There's no reason for him to try again and the guy organizing it was fired."
>Ward nods and wipes his brow, then stands from his desk and heads to his cabinet.
>"So that's all that's happened over the past few days? Lot less busy than I'd expect over there..."
>He muses, then retrieves a small bottle and a glass, pouring himself something clear and returning to his desk.
>"If there's anything I can do to help, you just have to ask. Can't have you disappearing now."
>He says after a sip.
>"So anyway, time to dig into the meat of why I brought you here. First off, I want to ask. Why do you think I've brought you in to help with the investigation?"

>input action
>>
>>28948296
We didn't tell him about the recent mole hunt.
>>
>>28948296
Yeah, that's pretty much it. We visited the guy who was working for him, got him to tell us what he knew, and kicked out the mole they had on the inside.

As for that question, I can guess. I kind of stuck myself out there when I signed up for the job as Twilight's librarian, which gives me a compelling reason to help you, you want a trusted pony on the inside to help with some big bust, and you have enough incriminating information on me to insure that I can't run.
>>
>>28948296
Because you have something on me and want to use it to make me do things. It's kinda like how I ended up in my current job actually.
>>
beb
>>
>>28948328
>>28948334
>>28948343
"Well, before we get to that, we found a mole in the business and spent a little while booting him out."
>Ward nods,
>"I see. Well, all's well then, and I'm glad you're here safe and sound."
"Yes... And for your second question, I can guess. I stuck myself out a little signing up for that job with Twilight, and that incentive does give me a reason to want to help you. In addition, you want a pony on the inside to help with some big bust, and more importantly you have enough incriminating information on me that you can force me to do things. Like I ended up in my current job actually."
>You say as you scratch at your neck.
>Ward thinks for a moment, then points a hoof and chews his lip,
>"The debt, right, forgot about that. I'd feel a little better about all this if you were doing the work voluntarily, but I suppose everything's going to be settled in the end."
>He then stretches out.
>"Anyway. How much do you know about Drachma?"

>input action
>>
>>28949335
Enough to not want to know any more.
>>
>>28949335
He scares me. A lot.
>>
>>28949335
Probably less than you already do. He's my boss' boss, he's powerful, and he's remorseless. That's pretty much it.

Do we want to tell Ward about the one time we interacted with Drachma? I think Sharpie still feels terrible about that, and doesn't want to have to talk to the guy ever again.
>>
>>28949418
I don't think we should tell him the specifics about it. Just that we don't have a good history with him.
>>
>>28949364
>>28949400
>>28949418
>>28949626
"Enough to not want to know any more."
>You nervously, and Ward chuckles.
>"Yeah, I get that feeling. But what scared you off?"
>You scratch your head.
"Well he's my boss's boss. He's powerful, remorseless, and I don't have too good a history with him."
>Ward nods.
>"Ah, so you've met him. He isn't the friendliest guy from what I've heard, not including what you just added."
>He then leans forward and starts shuffling through his desk.
>"Does he visit at all? To the Laugh I mean. Come check up on you all every so often?"

>input action
>>
>>28950845
The first and last time he visited almost got ponies killed. including us.
>>
>>28950845
Never the laugh, but me personally, a couple times.
>>
>>28950876
>>28950888
"Never the Laugh, but me personally a couple times."
>Ward leans forward, suddenly very interested.
>"Really now? Could you tell me about those times? Why did he visit? Where?"

>input action
>>
>>28951520
What part of >>28950876 did you use?
>>
>>28951520
He visited me at my home. He told me to betray my boss and he'd forgive half of my debt. And I did.

I don't really want to talk about it anymore.
>>
>>28950876
>>28951552
"Well, both the first and last time he visited he almost got ponies killed, including me."
>Ward raises an eyebrow and motions for you to continue.
>It's hard to do so.
"Well, he visited me at my home. He told me if I betrayed my boss he'd forgive half my debt..."
>You take a sharp breath in, trying to stop yourself from shaking.
"And I did. Can we please not talk about it anymore?"
>Ward nods and turns about, and you stealthily wipe an eye as he does so.
>"Yes, we can move on, that's all I really need to hear anyhow. Now do you think he'd come meet you if you contacted him? Asked for a meeting at the Laugh? There's some questions I want to ask him, but it's probably not going to happen unless I get it done through you. Think you could do that?"

>input action

>>28951544
Sorry about that.
>>
>>28951708
We don't know how to contact him. Also, it'd be very strange for us to just contact him out of the blue.
>>
>>28951708
I don't have any good reason to get him to meet me.
>>
beb
>>
>>28951708

>>28951771
>>28952300
These.
>>
>>
>>28951771
>>28952300
>>28953022
"I don't know how to contact him, and even if I did it'd be pretty strange for me to do so. I don't have any good reason for him to talk with you either."
>Ward nods.
>"Okay. What if I provided you a reason then. Potentially valuable information or a lucrative oppurtunity that could only be discussed in pony to keep confidential. Do you think he'd be interested in that case?"
>He then holds up a hoof,
>"I know contact is a whole other issue, but one I think that we can solve. My thoughts are that he might be more receptive to talk with you if you've met him and done work with him before."

>input action
>>
>>28954945
Will it be okay I sat on it for a bit and give you my answer later? Just the though of seeing him makes me nervous.

We should ask Provvie about what she thinks after this is over.
>>
>>28955547
"Would it be okay if I sat on this a bit and gave you my answer later? Just the thought of seeing him makes me a little nervous..."
>You stammer, mixing a bit of your real fear in with your feigned nervousness.
>"Absolutely, you can have a little while to think. How about a day or so? That's all I have to talk with you about today. So unless you've got something else you think I might find of use, you can head out/"

>input action
>>
>>28955691
I think that'll be all then.

So how are we going about getting that info that Provvie wanted? Ward's office is clearly out since he's in here with us. Are we gonna try to slip into Buck's office if he happens to not be there?
>>
>>28955981
I was thinking we get the insider to open a window before he leaves, then we come back and enter from the fire escape tonight. Then we search both their offices. If anyone sees us we're just a cop working late.
>>
>>28955981
"I think that'll be all then."
>You say as you stand up and leave the office.
>No need for pleasantries, he doesn't really deserve them in your eyes.
>After rubbing your eyes you stare around the office, wondering where to head next.
>You could head downstairs and leave as instructed, or maybe try something else...
>Something a little more sneaky.

>input action
>>
>>28956407
Make sure he doesn't follow us out, then try Buck's door.
>>
>>28956421
>You peer back into his office, waiting to see if he follows.
>He doesn't, so you duck around the corner and try Buck's door.
>It's unlocked, and you look about the office speedily.
>He's got a really nice office.
>Two sizable bookcases, underneath them two rather large cabinets, with doors the size of a small pony.
>His desk is shiny and polished wood, and two perfectly stacked piles of papers lie in his in/out box.
>You could almost swoon.
>A pair of file cabinets sit close by his desk, and atop the desk itself lies a few neatly organized folders, each sporting a red label.
>In front of you is a coffee table and a small armchair, along with a nice painting of a vase on the wall opposite the bookshelf.

>input action
>>
>>28956565
Check for cameras, then shut the door quietly and check the files on the desk. make sure to remember where they were before handling them. If those are no good, check through the file cabinets for anything under G for Golden or S for Sharp.
>>
>>28956598
>You look about for cameras and find none, so you shut the door behind you and skitter over to his desk.
>After memorizing their positions you page through them, looking through their labels.
>On the table, you can see Jaunt, Knickers, and Providence, then search through the cabinet.
>You find both a file on Golden and on Sharp, and pull those out as well, placing them on top of the desk along with the others you saw.
>The Golden's file is particularly beefy, and yours is rather thin in comparison.

>input action
>>
>>28956789
Ours first, then Providence's, then the Golden's. We should keep what's in ours to ourself, but we can probably speak quietly into our recorder to get the important parts down from the others.
>>
beb
>>
>>28956789
Keep in mind that we may not have a whole lot of time to look through the whole file. Glances at pieces of paper will have to do, or we'll probably get caught.
>>
>>28957369
>>
>>28959178
>>
>>28956837
>>28957583
>You first pop open your own file, the front page merely a picture and a list of stats and information about you.
>Bit scary, but not unexpected.
>Behind it are transcripts of some of the conversations you've had with Ward, along with some more pictures of you clipped to them (a few you think are from on your jobs, and one of which you know was taken in Open's house).
>Looking past that you find proof of previous residences and a sheet of paper with some speculation on your personal standing in the Golden.
>Finally, there's a small, unmarked piece of paper at the back with a good deal of scribbling on it.
>Underneath you can barely make out some words, but you'd have to spend some time scrutinizing it.
>One word you can for sure make out though is "arrest."
>The unknown is frightening.

>Next you move on to Provvie's.
>It's a good deal thicker than yours, but starts out the same fashion.
>A picture, statistics, and the like.
>You page through her file, filled mostly with transcripts of conversations and notes she's provided to the police on a number of arrests.
>One of whom is a small additional page on you, containing exact details of a good few of your recent exploits.
>Some of the documents also reference Kismet, noting they've not been seen together in a good while.
>You could probably dig deeper if you like, but that takes time.
>Time you may or may not have.
>>
>>28960348

>The Golden's file is very, very thick.
>From the looks of it, the two most recently inspected subsections are small pages on Drachma and a mare named Switchblade (marked as a codename), as well as a layout of the Laugh.
>The layout is extensively marked up with arrows, circles and dots, much like a gameplan.
>Drach's page seems to make a lot of references to an external file, but still contains a good deal of information about him.
>Name, age, picture, most recent address, the list goes on and on.
>Switchblade's page is a good deal less filled in, it's missing the vast majority if information you'd expect.
>Instead, all you can see is a picture and a few notes, mostly saying there's no known address and they can't find a real name.
>It also mentions she's associated with a mare named Skye, and references that file for more information on the two of them.
>From there, the file dissolves into unrecognizable names and places that stretch on for a good many pages.
>It's almost half as thick as your hoof is wide, and there's no way you'd be able to read everything in just a few minutes.

>So you take what you've found (On Provvie and the Golden) and speak it into the recorder, saving it for future use.
>Now remains a choice.
>You're still unsure of how much time you have, but there are a few clear options that present themselves.
>Try and scrutinize that slip of paper inside your file, continue digging through Provvie's, or try and find the external files mentioned in the Golden's folder.
>Or, you could try something entirely different.

>input action
>>
>>28960360
I say we scrutinize that paper and then leave.
>>
>>28960360
Lets puzzle out our own.
>>
>>28960401
>>28960617
>You return to your own file and take out the small piece of paper, which you lie on the table and spend a few minutes squinting at.
>It's hard to make out, but you're eventually able to puzzle out some words.

Don't think it's right to pull her in for an arrest.
More than likely has a good deal of info we can squeeze out,
and it'll be a nice way to make sure your insider is legit.
After we're done we can bring her in, or maybe let her go if she doesn't try anything.
Reward for good behivior and the fact that practically anyone above her is a jucier target.

Catch you later.

>You wonder why it was scribbled over in the first place...
>Hastily, you return the file to the folder and stomp your hooves lightly against the carpeted floor.
>You don't know how long you've been here, but you need to balance information gathered with your own safety.
>Is it time to head out?
>Well, only looking at another file or two couldn't hurt that much.
>Could it?

>input action
>>
>>28961659
Lets go. We know what's going on, and anything more we learn is likely going to be interesting but useless.
>>
>>28961659
No reason to stick around. If anyone sees us and questions what we were doing in there, just tell we're looking for Superstition, and we went through the wrong door.
>>
>>28961659
That's some really useful insight into their motives. Put everything back and let's get out.
>>
>>28963189
>>
>>28964313
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.