[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the whole "season 6 was shit" meme.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4142.jpg (33KB, 210x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4142.jpg
33KB, 210x262px
I don't get the whole "season 6 was shit" meme.

I'll give that it wasn't as good as 5, but aside from Applejacks Day Off and Cart Before the Ponies i can't think of any episodes I really despised.

The writing didn't seem to be any worse than usual.

Can someone redpill me with specific examples that don't involve an appeal to emotion? Or is it actually not that bad and the complainers are just a very vocal minority?
>>
>>28862328
Fuck off Jim.
>>
>>28862340
Also none of this please, I'm being serious with my request.
>>
Its people who think Glimmer ruined everything despite her only being in a minority of episodes.

Also, retreads.

Also very weak songs.
>>
Applejack's Day Off was a fun and slow slice of life episode and Cart Before The Ponies had a fun song. But, fuck you, I'll tell you. Who gives a shit what others think? You enjoyed the season 6? Good.
>>
>>28862393
....fuck, you're right.
>>
>>28862414
I mean, if you want to debate and discuss those episodes and seasons, be free, I'll be glad to do that. But to whine and ask why is it that people don't like the season is silly, we had plently of discussions to why.
>>
File: 1478383477641.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478383477641.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>28862328
Le meme lords always hate on the new episodes. That's just part of the course of life.
You'll see that next season the hate will be the same no matter how good or bad it is.
>>
>>28862328
Re-watch some season 1 episodes and you can tell the huge difference between that and season 6. Season 6 isn't necessarily bad, it's just bad by the show's standards. The season 1 episodes have a lot more thought put into structure. There's a lot more emphysis on show don't tell (especially in the way the characters are reacting to situations), the characters themselves seem to have a wider range of emotions and there are little hints in the voice acting of a director purposefully pointing a VA to say a line a particular way for added emphysis/emotion/depth to the scene.

Jim doens't realise why people think what he's doing is bad because it isn't, it structurally sound and designed to work. It's like lego. Jim is compitent enough to put lego pieces together and he can follow the instructions provided in the manual. Jayson and Wootie were good enough to throw out the manual and say "what can we build today?" and make something that looked excellent.

Season 6 is boring and forumalic. It isn't bad, but it's lost the nuance and the details that early season 1 episodes had.

Also

>Differing opinion's than mine are memes
>>
>>28863880
>tips fedora
>>
>>28863969
>Differing opinions than my own are a meme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.