[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I don't like Starlight Glimmer because she's a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14

File: 1471883447793.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
1471883447793.png
327KB, 495x498px
>I don't like Starlight Glimmer because she's a Twilight clone, had dumb motivations as a villain, was too easily forgiven, and generally steals screentime and characterization from the rest of the Mane 6
>My waifu? Why, Sunset Shimmer of course!
>>
>>28823377
I think they're different enough, but the only thing with Glimmer is that the writers didn't do enough with her.

I'm a Shimmerfag but Glimmer's fine.
>>
>>28823377
My wife's son agrees with you
>>
File: I see a future caused by (You).png (553KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
I see a future caused by (You).png
553KB, 1000x563px
>>28823377
>Blaming a rival simply because you're the one failing
>>
File: 02f.png (333KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
02f.png
333KB, 1000x994px
>>28823377
What if you hate both?
>>
A lot of hate for Glimmer really is just this.
>>
>>28823377
nice digits
>>
File: checkem...jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
checkem...jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>28823377
double dubs confirms
>>
>>28823377
(You)
>>
>>28823377
>Muh boyfriend left me VS I want to take my rightful place as ruler
>Instantly forgiven for tons of fucked up shit VS Having to earn everyone's trust back while they constantly talk shit about you
>Is unnaturally forced into the season and gets episodes all about her VS barely gets any focus in movies and gets all of her plot points cut out of the final product
Gee I wonder why people like Sunset more
>>
>>28823377
Are you really expecting any different from Shimmerfags?
>>
>>28823377

Let's compare their motivations, shall we?

Starlight mind controlled an entire village, and caused Equestria to become a dystopia 7 times because her friend moved away when she was a filly.

Sunset was upset because she felt she was wronged by Celestia by not being made a princess.
>>
>>28823377

[X] rekt
EQG is a disgrace to everything FiM represents
>>
>>28824944
>t. Glimmerfag
>>
>>28824327
>I want to take my rightful place as ruler
I hope you are not serious
>>
File: 1478137298912.jpg (54KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478137298912.jpg
54KB, 720x450px
>>28824327

>Rightful place as a ruler

>All she did was a steal a crown and become a high school bully whore
>>
>>28824954

I wonder how you came to such shitty conclusion
Do you think that because the board is hating Starlight lately we actually forgive your ass disgusting tastes?
>>
>>28825007
If you don't know who Sunset is you can just not reply and spare yourself the embarrassment, Anon
>>
>>28824954
t. eqgfag
>>
File: 1477982001304.jpg (320KB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
1477982001304.jpg
320KB, 1280x859px
>>28825029

I copulate with horses IRL, I have no shame.

Now, explain who's Sunset.
>>
>>28825018
You mean you stopped at some point?
It's been the same shit every day on this board since 2014 when EqG actually became popular.
>>
>>28825029
that's pretty much what her motivation is though

she was so starved for power and admiration that being a high school prom queen in another universe was good enough for her
>>
>>28825051
Celestia's student before Twilight who she was raising to be a princess.
>>
File: Smug satan.png (379KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
Smug satan.png
379KB, 1000x700px
>>28825063
>she was so starved for power and admiration that being a high school prom queen in another universe was good enough for her
Except where she said that the human world was pathetic and she wanted nothing to do with it; she really wanted to be the ruler of Equestria
You'd know that if you actually watched the movie, you fan of the fagdom
>>
File: 1454871698996.jpg (51KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1454871698996.jpg
51KB, 500x566px
>>28825066

Yes, whom failed to become one and in a pit of hatred decided to steal and item and become a high school bully whore.

How was it her rightful place to be a leader?
>>
They are both shit.
>>
>>28825086
She didn't fail; she left Celestia of her own choosing
>>
>>28825100

Why?
>>
>>28825111
Nobody knows
Celestia just said that she didn't get what she wanted as soon as she liked and then abandoned her
>>
>>28825080
Nigger the movie came out a while ago. Unless you rewatched it recently you probably don't remember everything she said. This means that you rewatch that movie, which makes you a disgusting eqgfag.
>>
File: 1456695457266.jpg (23KB, 482x453px) Image search: [Google]
1456695457266.jpg
23KB, 482x453px
>>28825116

>Can't be ruler of Equestria
>So, I'll become the ruler of an American High school through bullying and whoring

I don't get it
>>
>>28825131
Or maybe I don't have the attention span of a goldfish and can remember simple plot points from a children's animated film.
>>
>>28825080
>watching eqg
>watching eqg 1, the one not even eqgfags like
>>
>>28825152
>being illiterate as well as deaf and blind
She was trying to take over Equestria, not a high school
>>28825161
>not watching all pony
>being such a newfag that you didn't watch it in theaters
>>
>>28825116
If she wanted to be a princess, how was she going to do that without Celestia? She's fucking stupid. If she just stayed with Celestia she might actually have power.
>>
>>28825171

But flash tapped that.
>>
>ITT: shimmerniggers defending their craipfu
>Again, for the 500th time in 3 years
Just give up, this is embarassing
>>
>>28824802
>Hitler killed 6 bajillion jews, because he failed at being a painter.
Which stupid faggot wrote that shit? Absolutely unrealistic, I demand a refund.
>>
>>28825007
Celestia in the movies and the comics confirm this, while it's not cannon , we are talking about motivation
>>
>>28824327
>>Is unnaturally forced into the season and gets episodes all about her VS barely gets any focus in movies and gets all of her plot points cut out of the final product
Bull fucking shit. She pretty much gets the most focus outisde of Twilight. The M5 were literal mana batteries in FG for God's sake lad. If anything Sunset is the one hogging the spotlight.
>>
Shimmer has had a better post redemption, while Glimmer was a much better antagonist.

I love 'em both tho
>>
File: fuck you doin.jpg (28KB, 480x629px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you doin.jpg
28KB, 480x629px
>>28823488
>>
>>28825152
I think its more she was inpatient if she had waited she would have been princess.
>>
>>28824327
>rightful
She had absolutely no right. She is a dumbass who thought she was stronger than she actually is.
>Instantly forgiven for tons of fucked up shit
Shimmer got exactly the same; the second movies "redemption" was pitiful as the m6 instantly forgave her and the school had almost 0 animosity towards her.
>barely gets any focus in movies and gets all of her plot points cut out of the final product
good because she's shit
>>
>>28823377
>Implying they aren't literally the same character told in different formats
>Implying there aren't people who dislike both
>Implying Glimmerfags don't feel the same way and lack the self-awareness to realize it
You sir gambled far too hard that all people who hate Glimmer are Shimmer-fags. In fact, you gambled so hard you just lost your entire savings and will either need to bus it home or get ready to suck some cocks for airfare.
>>
>>28823377
dubdubs confirm shimfags are hypocrites
>>
>>28827782
>the second movies "redemption" was pitiful as the m6 instantly forgave her and the school had almost 0 animosity towards her
You didn't watch it then
>>
Sunset is better than Starlight in every way
>>
File: 1477166006436.gif (2MB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1477166006436.gif
2MB, 580x326px
>>28825171
>not watching all pony
>pony
>eqg
>pony
>>
>>28829261
>anti-eqgfags can't read
lol
>>
>>28823377
To be fair. Sunset Shimmer isn't still a sociopath.
She got a full on harmony lobotomy.
>>
>>28829738
DELET THIS
>>
>>28823377
I feel as though the main difference is that while Shimmer was a coon like Glimmer was, she had a more reasonable backstory.
Whereas Glimmer only had a friend leave her, Shimmer went the some other students do in other films: She feel rejected by her teacher and go out of their way to prove they're good enough, but her motives shifted over time.
Additionally, we've had plenty of screentime in EqG to show Sunset getting redeemed through hard work and actual effort, but in Season 6 Glimmer was mostly just... There. She didn't really try to get along with anybody abiet due to anxiety and being a sociopath and never really redeemed herself in many people's eyes, unlike Shimmer.
There's also the underlying dislike for EqG because people feel it takes away from the focus of FiM itself, which I won't deny.
I know a lot of that's been said in the thread already but it's rare we get actual show discussion where I can post this kinda stuff
>>
>>28830354
> only had a friend leave her
Her only friend. Makes a big difference. Been there. Made new friends, but I know who to keep, even if birthday parties with 2 or 3 aren't that fun, I'll show up for my buddies in need.
>>
>>28829738
Or she was never evil
Like Luna
>>
>>28830354
>shimmer had a more reasonable backstory
No she didn't, her backstory is garbage and I never once had any sympathy for her. Your waifu is shit through and through. She isn't original, she adds nothing meaningful to the franchise, she's an overpowered bitch like twilight is, and her color pallet is an eye sore. We don't need another character like her hogging the spotlight, making the real main characters into power batteries. Fuck shimmer/glimmer and any other twilight clone this dumb fucking show shits out. They are terrible, boring characters.
>>
>>28830748
(You)
>>
>>28830825
not an argument
>>
>>28830748
Truth
>>
>>28830836
neither is your incoherent assmad rambling
>>
>>28824327
>>Muh boyfriend left me
>>>Instantly forgiven for tons of fucked up shit

Wait, isn't this Sunset? Flash dumped her and the mane 5 forgave instantly even though out of all the students they were the ones most affected by her sabotaging their friendships.

Meanwhile Starlight had to actually become Twilight's pupil and put in some effort to change instead of just becoming nice due to deux ex harmonia.
>>
>>28830856
that wasn't me
>>
>too easily forgiven

applejack put it best, you can't just dunk on her and turn her loose to the world. that's asking for trouble.

not to mention -- no. i do think the entourage for the princess of friendship should be that forgiving. it's an utterly stupid argument that she shouldn't have been.
>>
>>28830856
The truth needs to be said, It's not my fault you subhuman pricks have utter garbage taste in characters. You should kill yourself.
>>
>>28824802
>caused Equestria to become a dystopia 7 time
Technically those were alternate timelines, since the original Equestria never stopped existing (otherwise Spike and Twilight would have different memories too).

Therefore the actual severity of Starlight's actions, from the perspective of the original Equestria, was abducting Twilight and Spike and stranding them forever in another dimension. Which is basically the exact same thing as what could have happened with Sunset.

Except in Sunset's case, keeping the Element of Magic would have caused the Plundervines to eventually fuck up the world, so Sunset's crime is objectively worse.
>>
>>28830877
>Flash dumped her
Not related to her plan at all
>the mane 5 forgave instantly
Even though they gave her shit just like everyone else and never invited her to the band
They only hung out with her because Twilight told them to
>Starlight
>put in some effort to change
HAHAHAHAHA
Holy shit nice one my man

Btw Sunset was NEVER immediately forgiven by anyone
She had to defeat the sirens with the m6 to earn people's respect back unlike Starlight whose only struggle is her internal angst
>>
>>28830897
>it's an utterly stupid argument that she shouldn't have been.

forgiven, i mean. sorry, i'm high as hell, it sounded okay in my head.
>>
>>28830920
No the mane 5 already forgave her BEFORE the Siren defeat. Rewatch the film.

>Rarity: Oh, darling, you have us, and we've forgiven you.
>>
>>28830939
Clearly they didn't else they wouldn't treat her like they did by ignoring her for the whole movie
>>
>>28830948
That's because of the tension between the mane 5 and the siren's influence growing slowly as the movie progresses.

Forgiving someone doesn't magically turn you into a saint who can never ever be a jerk to that person for some other unrelated reason ever again.
>>
>>28830966
No, you idiot, they invited Twilight to the band as soon as she got there and didn't even think about Sunset at all, and she was clearly bothered by that
>>
>>28830985
Yes but that doesn't mean they didn't forgive her for the demon thing.

The fact that it bothered her and they didn't notice because they were too busy fawning over Twilight doesn't mean they didn't forgive her. It means they didn't notice because they were too busy fawning over Twilight.
>>
>>28831019
But they could have done it when Dash formed the band
But they didn't because she wasn't really their friend
>>
>>28831024

They weren't the closest of friends with Sunset at the start of the film, that's obvious.

But forgiving someone doesn't require you to become BFFs forever first, now does it?

Fact is, no matter how much they might have grown closer and formed an actual genuine friendship during Rainbow Rocks, the forgiveness was prior to that happening.
>>
>>28831096
And Starlight killed everyone on the planet but nobody that she tells about it cares
Her townspeople didn't care that she enslaved them
After a few minutes of mandatory work in Twilight's castle the m6 didn't care that they were mindfucked by her and Twilight treated it like a mundane mistake that she made

If you can't see the clear and distinct difference in quality you're fucking blind
>>
>>28831123
>And Starlight killed everyone on the planet

...wat
>>
>>28831216
You could've just said that you don't watch the show
>>
>>28831230
But I do watch the show.

I'm just confused because what you just said means the ponies I have been looking at for a whole season are zombie ghosts.

Or maybe they are not dead and you are just stupid and should read this >>28830906
>>
>>28831540
You're fucking insane
It doesn't matter if it was some other timeline because she still killed people
>>
>>28831540

different anon here.
i want to point out that starlight *did* try to kill at least one pony and was charging up to vaporize one before that point. that's attempted ponycide lol, she should probably be locked up in the dungeon.
>>
>>28831566

you're the insane one, she didn't kill anyone and didn't even know that her futzing about with the timelines even hurt anyone up until the very end. maybe go watch the episode some time it's really good.
>>
>>28831588
>even hurt anyone

ooh, okay, i withdraw that. she was trying to hurt twilight and her friends. but it's absurd to think she had any idea what she was doing to the timelines until she was shown.
>>
>>28831588
I did and when Twilight showed her the timeline she ripped up the scroll so that Twilight would stop messing with her and was going to stop Dash again.
>>
>>28831606

well then you'd remember the whole scene where twilight explains that her futzing with the timelines was actually really bad and ended the world and then she said 'whoa shit i'm officially talked down now'.

again good episode, go watch it, it's a 2-parter so it may not hold you but give it a hack bud
>>
>>28831574
That is true, Starlight did almost kill a few ponies with a horn laser.

Likewise, Sunset also tried to kill 6 humans with a fireball.
>>
>>28831617
What Starlight was doing was bad because it would strand Twilight, Spike and herself in a dangerous situation where they would probably suffer.

Meanwhile, the real Equestria would lose a princess and Spike, and Twilight's friends would mourn their disappearance.
>>
>>28831618

i think if you become a she-demon it should be on par with an insanity plea. it'd be like if starlight somehow got the alicorn amulet and just went super nuts.
>>
>>28831617
That didn't happen
Twilight explained it and Starlight didn't fucking care until after she explained that she did it all because of her boyfriend and Twilight pitied her
>>
>>28831635

you can't into timelines. but:

>What Starlight was doing was bad

yes, very good.
>>
>>28831653
Timelines don't matter because we are talking about the actions of individuals and morality, both of which are universal constants
I shouldn't have expected Glimmerniggers to into basic comprehension
>>
>>28831662

i was referring more to you thinking that the 'real equestria' would somehow miss a princess that never took the throne (and that anyone would miss spike). but you got that starlight did a bad thing so *pat pat*.

>>28831648

i mean, if you couldn't get the tone of the dialogue of the scene then, i'm shit out of luck now. there's not a lot i can do here, so take care.
>>
>>28830748
I'm actually a Twifag
Why yes, existence is a little painful, thank you for asking
>>
>>28831690
Not an argument, kiddo
>>
>>28831737

are you a shimmerfag?
>>
>>28831801
No, I'm a Rarifag
Why, do you want to insult my waifu as though it'll add weight to your lack of an argument? >:3
>>
>>28831820

you are literally retarded.
>>
>>28831835
You have literally no argument! :D
>>
>>28830856
Kek
>>28830748
Was full of reasons
>not an argument
Is not an argument either
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.