[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you played a videogame crossover of EQG or MLPFIM and Cthulhu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Would you played a videogame crossover of EQG or MLPFIM and Cthulhu mythos (Lovercraftian Universe)?
>>
>>28781974
No, fuck off.
>>
>>28781978
Would you play it if I change it into MLPFIM instead?
>>
>>28781991
Why not?
>>
>>28781974
Need more info. What sort of game? and how are you doing the crossover?
>>
>>28781995
No. I would play a nice comfy game where I can explore the world with ponies and collect things, sort of like classic spyro. I don't want dark/edgy shit, or any eqg shit either.
>>
>>28782026
Something like this.
>>
>>28782037
Would adding Celestia and Luna as playable characters make the game better or worst?
>>
>>28782063
Never played it so that doesn't help.

Also doesn't explain how the crossover is going to work. What's the game's plot, roughly? How do ponies fit into it, and how does Cthulhu fit into it?

>>28782082
Leaning slightly toward "better" because the princesses are my favorite characters but it's extremely hard to say without more details on the game.
>>
File: DK_PS3_FOB_FINAL.jpg (454KB, 650x744px) Image search: [Google]
DK_PS3_FOB_FINAL.jpg
454KB, 650x744px
>>28782097
Have you play this? pic related

Have you read any Lovecraft stories?
>>
>>28782128
>Have you play this? pic related
No. I barely play any vidya. Just tell me what gameplay mechanics you're planning to put in the damn thing.

>Have you read any Lovecraft stories?
Yes, plenty
>>
>>28782140
If you readied The Shadow over Innsmouth.

The game have some exploration, stealth, and combat.

What's your favorite Lovecraft story?
>>
>>28781974
After the simple creepy fun of Story of the Blanks I thought there would be a hundred cute n spooky pony games but there weren't.
>>
>>28782210
You seem strangely reluctant to give any kind of details about your game idea, which is weird since you at least wanted to discuss it enough that you made a thread about it.

>The game have some exploration, stealth, and combat.
This is progress at least.

So, what's the goal? Do you sneak around investigating the cultists, like the narrator in Shadow over Innsmouth? Or what?
>>
>>28782273
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth let you sneak for first half game and fight the other half of the game.

Usually I make crossover threads is to gather ideals, and how the make the crossover work.

I'm watching stars wars the original trinity.
>>
>>28782362
>Usually I make crossover threads is to gather ideals, and how the make the crossover work.
So you don't actually have any specific plans, you're just trying to gauge interest?

You don't really need a thread for that. You will get plenty of people to play your game just because it has ponies in it. (Though you might get more with a different type of game, like what anon suggested here: >>28782037) Bonus points if you make a game that's actually good.
>>
>>28781974
Why do you keep trying to push this crossover? This is like the third time I have personally seen this theme pushed. It's not gonna fly, Anon. Accept it.
>>
>>28781974
I would probably play just about anything as long as it's free. If nothing else, just to see what it's like.
>>
>>28782394
>So you don't actually have any specific plans, you're just trying to gauge interest?

Try to have intelligent discussion and hopeful inspired people in the process.
>>
>>28782465
You mean this week?
>>
>>28782465
You mean in terms of fanfic or video game.
>>
File: 1475908985396.png (593KB, 748x722px) Image search: [Google]
1475908985396.png
593KB, 748x722px
>>28781974
Fuck yeah I would m8. That sounds like the tightest shit t b h f a m a l a m.
I love me some lovecraftian bullshit as much as the next guy and I'm on this fucking board aren't I.
Hell, I'd probably pay good money to play that shit too, provided it's at least half decent.
>>
>>28782505
>>28782512
I mean the third time on this board with the same Shimmer pic for the OP.
>>
>>28782788
Why is it a bad thing?
>>
>>28782499
You should start by posting your own ideas, so we have something to start the discussion. I guarantee nobody ITT has thought about how to combine lovecraft + ponies more than you have.

>>28782800
It's spammy. If you've already discussed it a few days ago, and the thread died out, there's probably not that much more worth talking about.
>>
>>28783157
>You should start by posting your own ideas

I'm writing a fanfic that used Cthulhu mythos.

The main problem is that I'm lazy.

>It's spammy

I just post a picture just to have a thread and don't think about it.

The other two threads where about choosing between the magic of friendship or pursue the forbidden knowledge.
>>
>>28781974
Hell yes, make that right now.
>>
>>28781974
Hoo boy.

>SCP Foundation captures an adorable talking unicorn
>Delta Green sends a death squad to kill all the witnesses and capture or neutralize the talking unicorn
>talking unicorn turns out to be another experiment by the Mi-Go
>everybody's brain ends up getting sawed out of their skulls by aliens and stuck in imperishable stainless steel cylinders for eternity
>bad end

No. That's cringetastic.
>>
>>28784574
Lovecraft didn't make SCP. Also they way you described does make it sound horrible, but I think it would be cool if it was set in normal ponyland just with eldritch beings. Who says that celestia and luna haven't been fending off all the horrible monstrosities while twilight takes on the small targets?
>>
>>28784584
Lovecraft didn't create SCP but it fits the mood of Lovecraftian stuff. Lovecraftian eldritch horrors are depressing. They always win in the end, and they're coming back as soon as the stars are right, which may be real soon now.

In my opinion the only way to combine Lovecraft with MLP and not produce something that will make everyone cringe is to go for humor. I did this, which is NSFW:

http://pastebin.com/e1g0PiME

Illustration for the story here, also NSFW:

https://derpibooru.org/1162320
>>
>>28781974
>vidya
Probably not, I mostly /tg/
>>
Fuck yes.
>>
>>28785716
>>
The setting already has had at least one Lovecraft reference. In the S1 opener we saw "Nightmare Moon will make her escape when the stars are right." And we think Pinkie might possibly be a shoggoth. Discord was basically Nyarlathotep when he was introduced but he decayed rapidly over time and he's not an insane chaos god from another dimension any more, he's just a goofy comedy relief character who hangs out with Buttersqueak. But when he was introduced he was absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>28786353
Bump
>>
>>28787611
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.