[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Historical Perspective (CYOA) Thread the IV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 5

File: HISTORY.png (28KB, 1200x704px) Image search: [Google]
HISTORY.png
28KB, 1200x704px
The adventure through Equestria's past continues on.

>The annals of history, once thought lost:
https://www.anonpone.com/perspective/28519022

>Ancient biographies, currently being restored and condensed for convenience:
http://pastebin.com/hyYc5xAm

When last we left off we had:
>Been discharged from the infirmary
>Had a brief but pleasurable conversation with a downtrodden mercenary named Brutus
>Had a heart to heart with Orich Alcum the Seventh, our Lieutenant and master blacksmith
>Been given armor which reacts to our emotions and is currently proving to be a bit of a bother
>Given a bag of incredibly LEWD items by a strange old stallion
>Offered lessons in keeping ourselves calm by Captain Lily

The adventure resumes shortly.
>>
>>28780101

>You're willing to accept the Captain's offer, though you wonder what she could possibly know about keeping calm.

"I would very much appreciate it, Captain."

>She produces a weak smile.

>"Wonderful. Now, we're not going to be doing anything physical. these are just some deep breathing techniques Stargazer taught me when I was a filly."
>"I haven't used them nearly as much as I should, but when I do, they work wonders."
>"Now first things first, I'm going to need you to think of something. Something that brings you happiness, I mean."
>"It could be anything at all, just as long as it makes you happy in some way."

>You have quite a few things that bring you joy, in some way.
>But what to focus on.
>>
>>28780158
Clearly, writing is the only answer.
>>
>>28780201
I agree
>>
Pardon me while I take care of something. The adventure will resume after a brief commercial break

its moving day. I'll be back as soon as possible. Poor start I know, but I'll come back strong
>>
>>28780158
Starswirl, I think thinking of him makes us happy. That or Dad.

Back later here too, will play then.
>>
>>28780158
Writing.
>>
Boo-mp
>>
>>28781512
Boo
>>
>>28780158 >>28780201
>>28780391 >>28780792
>>28780902

>You focus on the two things that you know will always bring you happiness.
>Your brother, Starswirl, whose happiness is your own.
>And the one thing that will always be there, even when all other things are gone: your writings.
>The feel of a quill in your hooves, the difference in texture between old and new quills.
>The scent of parchment fresh and waiting to be written upon.
>Ink and all its properties, was an adventure all its own.
>Such things brought you peace.

>"I can tell by that dreamy little look on your face that you've got something. No need to tell me what it is."
>"Now close your eyes."

>You're wary at first, worried about shenanigans.

>"No monkeyshines here, Scribe, I promise. Just close your eyes and trust me."

>You close your eyes.

>"Now keep focusing on that thing. Make it your sole interest. And breath deep. From the belly."
>"Breath so deep it feels like your stomachs fit to burst."

>You breath deep, as she says. You hold it for a moment.

>"Now release."

>You expel the breath from your belly.

>"Now just repeat that for a few minutes."

>You do as she says, focusing on your beloved writings.
>Breath in. Breath out. In and out, deeper and deeper.
>You can feel yourself relaxing, the tension leaving your body.
>Your mind is at peace and so is the rest of you.
>You feel and hear the armor retract.
>It's not like it was uncomfortable in any way, but still, it's relieving to have it off."

>You open your eyes and see that the Captain's smile has widened.

>"So, how do you feel?"
>>
>>28782790
Good. Thank you. Further orders, Miss?
>>
>>28782790
Much better, captain. Thank you.
>>
>>28782790 >>28782825
>>28782836

"I feel... good. Much better, Captain. Thank you."

>The Captain is beaming now. Her toothy grin says 'You're welcome' far louder than she could.

"Further orders, Miss?"

>The captains ears perk up, and her grin becomes more of a smirk.
>Off in the distance, you can hear a strange, sharp whistling.

>"First off, I suggest you take a few steps back."

>Confused, but obedient, you step back.
>The whistling gets louder and louder, and the Captain looks like she's holding back a giggle fit.
>You detect the previously promised to be absent monkeyshines.
>What's going on?
>>
>>28782945
Something's gonna fall, the question is what.
>>
>>28782945
Take a few more steps back.
>>
>>28782945 >>28783101
>>28782982

>You prepare to ask the Captain about whatever might be creating that whistling.
>But you know she probably won't tell you.
>So you decide to take a few more steps back.
>The Captain sees you doing so and her contained laughter seems to subside.
>The smile remains though

>"I suppose I should have known better than try and jape you after all thats happened these past few days."
>"And I never have been able to handle a joke well."

"So something is coming this way then?"

>"Yes, something is coming. Something quite special. I hope you're prepared to become very personally acquainted with this whistling."
>"Because it's something you'll be hearing quite often from now on."

>Her sentence is punctuated by a sharp clang as a long shining object flies in from the sky, burying its head deep into the stone of the training yard.
>A shiver runs through you at the sound, but you were expecting something like this, so you're armor doesn't trigger.
>The head of the object is buried to deep for you to see what it is.
>The shaft of the object shines with a bright, silvery green sheen.
>Tied around the object is a note of some kind.
>Should you read the note first, or try to dislodge the object itself.
>>
>>28783319
Note first.
>>
>>28783319
Note.
>>
>>28783319
Take a good look. What kind of long shining object? A pole? A box? A dildo?
>>
>>28783319
Read note. I suspect this is our new weapon arriving!
>>
Paused for the night, since I'm really tired. If that wasn't already obvious. Keep it bumped guys, and i'll try to update before I go to work tomorrow.
>>
>>28784202
Goodnight.
>>
>>28784340
Good morning
>>
Hello?
>>
>>28783319 (You) >>28783329
>>28783481 >>28783767
>>28783800

>You approach the object, it's seemingly benign nature betrayed by a sinister ringing, a remnant from it's less than graceful meeting with the ground.
>You want to pull it from the ground, but you feel reading the note first would be the better route.
>Removing the rough and poorly treated note, you attempt to read it.
>You cringe as you view the chickenscratch, so brutishly scrawled onto the parchment.
>It's an effort, but you can sort of make out what it says.
>You read it aloud.

"To Ghost Scribe... His hoofwriting is atrocious."

>The Captain shrugs.

>"He's a blacksmith, not a scholar."

>You give a shrug of your own. Lack of knowledge is no excuse for poor hoofwriting, especially when you have magic to aid you.
>But you digress.

"To Ghost Scribe. Orich here. Captain stopped by, looking for you. Weren't here, clearly. Asked if she could bring your weapon. Wasn't quite done, but she left in a hurry before I could finish."
"Couldn't find anypony to bring it to you, so I gave it a good toss in your general direction. Sorry if I broke anything. Also, let me know if I hit my mark. If I did, Captain owes me fifteen bits."

>You give the Captain a look as the letter ends.

>"A bet's a bet I suppose. I'll just take it out of the hundred or so he owes me."
>"So, Private, now that you know what it is, what are you going to do?"
>>
>>28786743
Obtain and admire weapon. Give it a good couple of swings to see how it feels.

I suppose we should name it, shouldn't we?
>>
>>28786743
Look it over, see how it feels extending, collapsing, and how it handles. Can we extend it as we swing? Might give someone a nasty surprise if he thinks we only have a warhammer.

>>28786812
Lucy. Lucy the Lucerne.
>>
>>28786743>>28786812
>>28786970

>You don't answer, moving to pick up the weapon.
>You're eager to give it a few practice swings, get a feel for it.
>As you grab hold of the shaft, you pull.
>Your weapon glides effortlessly from its stone prison.
>From head to tip, the weapon gleams with a crystalline sheen, it's true metallic nature betrayed by the transfer of warmth from your hooves to it's beautiful emerald form.
>You can feel small grooves along the seemingly smooth length of the lucerne.
>The weapon is certainly collapsible, but how?
>Searching for some way to shorten your weapon, you come across a small switch, smoothly inlaid along rim of the grip.
>The grip itself contrasts nicely, a smooth black, contrasting the green of the lucerne.
>Pressing the switch, the weapon promptly falls inward on itself, becoming a warhammer.
>You give it a good series of swings. It's not too light, not too heavy, but something strange catches your attention.
>With each swing, the weapon produces a sharp whistle, not quite irritating, but a tad unsettling.

>"That's a trait all Mythrite weapons share, that whistle. On the battlefield, all our weapons swinging in unison, it's a veritable orchestra of death and destruction."
>"It's something everypony should experience at least once, in my opinion."

>You try to ignore the morbid implications behind Captain Lily's statement, continuing to swing your weapon.
>You press the button at the apex of one of your swings, extending it outward.
>The weight shifts and your swings become longer, but they have a bit more strength behind them.
>You raise the lucerne and hold it towards the sky.

"I think I'll call you Lucy. Lucy the Lucerne."

>You say this jokingly, but the Captain's smile disappears at this statement.

>"Call it what you will, but I assure you that the warriors that fight alongside and against you will give it a different name."
>"But that's a worry for another day. Do you mind if I take a look at it?"
>>
>>28787185
I don't see why not.
>>
>>28787185
Certainly. If my fellows give the weapon a better name I am fully open to it.

I fully expect her to give it a stress test.
>>
>>28787185 >>28787212
>>28787318

>You see no reason why the she shouldn't see it.

"Certainly, Captain. And if my fellows give the weapon a better name, I'm more than open to it."

>"Glad to hear."

>You hand Lucy to the Captain.
>She gives it a few test swings same as you.
>But she quickly gets more aggressive.
>She stops swinging at the air, and begins swinging at the ground itself.
>The whistles heighten in pitch, and the sound of stone being crushed permeates throughout the yard.
>The Captain's movements blur, and the whistling becomes a constant, piercing into your brain.
>You cover your ears, waiting for her to stop.
>She stops quite quickly, but he ground around her has been reduced to pebbles.
>She has some remnants of that look in her eye.
>But you're confident she'll remain calm.

>"A good weapon, this."

>She swings the weapon with enough force to bury it in the ground up to the grip.

>"Now to leave it be until you've proven you're worthy of it."
>>
>>28788067
Well that was kinda rude.
And how do I do that? Pull it from the soil again?
>>
>>28788067
>>28788094

"And how exactly do I do that, Captain? Would you like me to pull it from the soil again?"

>She laughs, mockingly.

>"An Earth pony like you would have no trouble pulling little old Lucy out of the earth again. What I'm talking about is a different kind of worth."
>"You have strength, Scribe. And you will only get stronger. But you lack a warrior's mentality."
>"I was flustered during our little exchange. And Aeglos helped you out a fair bit. In any kind of normal fight, I would have annihilated you. I don't mean this as an insult. It is simply a fact."
>You need training. Proper training. Not just with a lucerne, but with all sorts of weaponry. On the battlefield, you never know when you'll be disarmed, and forced to pick up the nearest blade, or spear."
>"You need to know how to use these things, proper stances and grips and techniques."
>"We have a month to ourselves to teach you all these and more. So ignore Lucy. Focus on me. I'll let you know when you're ready."
>"Understood?"
>>
>>28788481
Lock eyes with her.
"Understood."
>>
>>28788481
>In any kind of normal fight, I would have annihilated you. I don't mean this as an insult.
We were fucking wrecking her with just quaterstaffs but ok.
>>
Be back later gotta work. Mwah!
>>
>>28788481
very well.

I get the feeling Scribe isn't cut out for blood and death and fighting if the implications of the effect of a swinging weapon are enough to unsettle him
>>
>>28789270
That can all be trained. Unfortunately.
>>
>>28788481
This is going to be fun.
>>
>>28791109
>>
>>28788481 >>28788495
>>28788608 >>28789270

>You lock gazes with Captain Lily.
>Even at her calmest, there seems to be a fire burning deep within her soul.
>It is unlike the empty anger from the sparring session gone wrong.
>There is a furious beauty in this fire, making you cautiously curious, but leaving you with a sort of respectful awe...
>This is so far beyond the point of what's going on right now, you aren't even sure why you're thinking it.
>You refocus yourself.

"Understood, Captain Lily."

>You stand there for another moment, gaze locked.
>The Captain's gaze pierces through you, rough and judging.
>But it softens soon enough.

>"Good. Now I hope you're ready for a good and proper training session. I'll even give you the privilege of choosing the first weapon we'll train with."
>>
>>28792099
Sword. P-perhaps training ones. Ones not completely deadly and just maybe, if it's fine with you Captain, stay conscious for more than 24 hours. Please.
>>
>>28792184
Oh yeah, and our armor also activiates less than halfway through saying that. Because we're not safe at fucking all.
>>
File: DrHorse.png (337KB, 1280x1016px) Image search: [Google]
DrHorse.png
337KB, 1280x1016px
>>28792099
Sword sounds fine to me!
Pic possibly related.

and checked!
>>
>>28792099 >>28792184
>>28792201 >>28792258

>You give it a moment of thought, but quickly settle on that most classic of battlefield weaponry.

"Swords."

>"Swords?"

"Swords. P-perhaps proper training blades. Ones that perhaps aren't so deadly and risk rendering me unconscious? Please?"

>You had said this last part half-jokingly, but your armor betrayed your true emotions, encompassing your body in it's protective metal cloak.
>You stare at the Captain nervously, and she looks back at you.
>She smiles, but you know this must hurt her slightly.

>"Don't worry, Private. My anger has no place in this. You'll have no more long bouts in the infirmary."
>"At least, not by my hoof."

>You're glad to hear her say so, but it's hardly reassuring.
>She turns her attention away from you and towards the armory.

>"Weathervane!"

>Her call isn't nearly as harsh or loud as it had been. But in the empty yard, it's echo is just as powerful.
>Weathervane makes his way to the door way quickly, perfect mane and all.

>"Yes, Captain?"

>"Broadswords, training quality, if you will."

>"Yes, Captain!"

>In a flash, he zooms in and out of the armory, running towards you and Captain Lily.
>He leaves two dull, steel gray blades at your hooves.
>He gives a quick bow to the both of you before leaving.
>You can't be sure, but you think you saw him wink at you.
>You have no idea why he would. Now that you think about it, he probably didn't.
>Or did he? What does it matter?

>"Something on your mind, Scribe?"

"Uh, no, nothing."

>"Good. Can't have anything on your mind to distract you while we do this."
>"We'll go over everything sooner or later, but I'll let you decide what you want to learn first."
>"There are two ways to wield most blades. With your mouth, or with your hooves. Which will we start with?"
>>
>>28792405
We've been focussed on 4-legs-on-ground styles so far, so let's stick with mouth style for now.
>>
>>28792405
with hooves. Consider the fact that we'd need at least one hoof to help wield Lucy, so the extra practice would be good.

No reason we can't do both though.
>>
>>28792508
Changing my vote to this as tie-breaker. Agreed to do both though later.
>>
>>28792445
This.
>>
Will be back later, have to go do some things that are important.

Will be back around 1:00 PST.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate those of you that are following this quest, players or not. You make my day brighter, even if all your time zones mean none of you are around each other at the same time.
>>
>>28792405 >>28792445
>>28792508 >>28792634
>>28793340

>Both methods sound important to learn.
>Lucy is far too long to wield comfortably in your mouth though.

"I'd like to start with hoof-based blade training."

>"Very well. Now first, proper grip and stance."

>She picks the blade up from the ground, her leg curved around the grip.

>"Unlike with a spear or lucerne, proper blade stance should be more compact."

XXX

>Talks of proper form, interspersed between bouts of physical instruction.
>This was simple training, yes, but Captain Lily used your armor as an excuse not to hold back on you.
>The majority of her blows were absorbed, but you could still feel quite a few sore areas.
>The armor was good at deflecting, but it was only capable of handling so much weight.
>The sun was beginning to set on this day, though, so you would have a fair bit of time to attend to your bruises.

>"A bit sloppy, but you're learning quick. We'll continue on with hoof based sword techniques. We'll keep going until you're able to land a proper blow on me. After that, it's on to mouth based."
>"Your dismissed to do as you please until night fall. Good evening, Scribe."

>With that, the Captain drops her blade and leaps away.
>You aren't sure where she's going, but it's none of your business.
>You glance over at your lucerne, the only part of it visible being the grip. You could pick it up right now, but that might upset Captain Lily.
>You can't really think of anything you need to do right now.
>So what should you do?
>>
>>28795708
Retract armor and let's go see brother. I'm excited to see Starswirl again. It's been days for him and it's the first time we'll be visiting him.
>>
>>28795810
This
>>
>>28795708 >>28795810
>>28795975

>Going through your breathing exercises, you calm yourself.
>Your armor retracts, and your mind is calmed, but your body is still groaning in agony.
>You'll get used to this, you're sure, but after how handily you had beaten the Captain before, you weren't expecting such an intense workout.
>She can certainly put up a fight when she's focused.
>But your getting away from your point again.

>You should go see Starswirl. You haven't seen him in days.
>Your worried he might feel abandoned. He probably doesn't, you've both had your own things to do.
>But still, you're concerned.
>You decide to head to the castle. Should be a simple enough endeavor, now that you have a feel for the city.
>As you leave the yard, yo-

"Oof!"
>"Wagh!"

>Oh geez, you just knocked somepony down, a mare by the sound of it.

"I'm so sorry, Miss, I-"

>"No need to apologize, I'm used to being knocked over. You Suns have no consideration for anypony but each other, and even then very little."

>You recognize the impatient, dismissive tone and realize you've just knocked over Miss Ton'berri.
>The rather large pack on her back is making it difficult to get up.
>She's refused your service, but you feel you should try to help her any way.
>She might not appreciate it though.
>>
>>28796425
Help the mare anyway.
>>
>>28796425
Do you...want help?

If she's rude again, say "Well I'm just an inconsiderate Golden Sun, aren't I?"
>>
>>28796425
I refuse to not help.
>>
>>28796425 >>28796634
>>28796434

>Despite what she told you and how she might feel, you help Miss Ton'berri up anyway.
>Grabbing her by the hoof, you pull her up.
>The pack seemed heavy, but you pull her up quite effortlessly, pack and all.
>She seems a tad embarassed, but appreciative.

>"T-thank you. But, you didn't have to do that you know. I could have gotten up myself."

>You just shrug it off.

"I refuse to not help. I wouldn't have felt right just walking away. Sorry about knocking you down, inconsiderate Golden Sun that I am."

>That last comment wasn't meant in any negative way, but it seems to have caught her off-guard.

>"H-hey now. I might say that a lot, but I don't mean it any sort of way."
>"I don't know where you're going at this hour, but would you mind if I accompanied you? We could talk a bit."
>"If you'd like, I mean."
>>
>>28797011
I'm going to visit my brother, if I can. What would you like to talk about?
>>
>>28797011
I'm off to the palace to visit my brother. Might I ask what you're carrying? Seems quite heavy.
>>
>>28797011
Do you...often say things you don't mean? I hope accidentally offending ponies isn't something you do often.
>>
almost one page 10 bump
>>
>>28797011 >>28797018
>>28797061 >>28797082

"Well, I'm off to the palace to see my brother, if I can. I have no issue with you accompanying me."

>"Good. Good, thank you."

>The both of you begin walking along the length of the wall, making your way to the town proper.
>You can hear all sorts of things jostling around in the pack she's carrying.

"Might I ask what you're carrying? It seems quite heavy."

>"Oh, a bit of this, a bit of that. Healing supplies mostly. Sutures, bandages, splints, cauterizing irons.
>"Things to be used when I'm not around to provide healing proper. I can heal just about everypony, but not all at once, and neither can any of the other white mages."
>"I've got a few other special things in here, gifts from an old colleague in Negra Beliza. Alchemical supplies, various roots and the like.
>"Even got a couple of phoenix down feathers, lord knows how she got hold of them."
>"You know, poenix down is said to have miraculous healing properties. Some even say it can revive the recently deceased."
>"But listen to me, prattling on, I'm sure you had other things you wanted to talk about."

"Well actually, I wanted to talk about that comment you made. Do you... often say things you don't mean?"
"I hope accidentally offending ponies isn't something you do often."

>Her face contorts into a look you can only describe as confused bemusement.

>"Whatever do you mean? None of the Suns are offended by my words. Except Gilded Lily, but I'm convinced she never liked me."
>"I say what I do because it's frustrating how much unnecessary stress the Suns put themselves through. But they aren't words of malice. More the words of a tired mother, who wishes her children would listen for once."

"An odd analogy. You can't hardly be any older than me."

>"Ah, that's the beauty of white magic. Keeps you young. I'll bet you can't guess how old I really am."
>>
>>28797808
Because you asked. 300 years.
>>
>>28797808
>it's frustrating how much unnecessary stress the Suns put themselves through
I can understand that. I have to thank you again for healing my mangled heap of a body after Lily got done with me.
>>
>>28797808
Well, time and context makes the difference between a compliment and an insult I guess.

Let's tell her about Swirly
>>
>>28797808
Let's err on the side of complimentary. "Twenty five?"
then:
>>28797960
>>
>>28799054
>>
>>28797808 >>28797821
>>28798396 >>28798074

>You don't want to offend, so you'll just go based on looks alone.

"Hmmm... I'd say twenty-five?"

>"Ha! Careful with you're flattery, Mr. Scribe, it'll get you everywhere. But no, I haven't been twenty-five for a long time.

"Well, three hundred then?"

>"Oh, now you're just teasing."

"Well, would you care to tell me your true age?"

>"No, I would not care to. Let's let that be a little mystery between us."

>She gives a soft chuckle, shaking the contents of her pack around.
>She seems nice enough. And you can certainly understand the frustrations she has with the Suns.
>What little time you've spent with them has been spent in the infirmary, after all.

"You know, I can completely understand your frustration. Dealing with the Suns on a daily basis the way you do must certainly takes its toll."

>"Going on ten years now... I worry for all of them. They're all going to get themselves killed, the ways they fight."
>"You're living proof of they dangers they pose to themselves."

"Having said that, I must thank you for healing my mangled body the other day. I was a right mess after Lily got through with me."

>"No thanks necessary. I love to help, to heal."

>You notice that you've already made your way to the residential district.
>Ponies aren't staring at you like they had before. In fact, most seem not to notice you outright.
>A pleasant change of pace, all things considered.

>"You know, I don't know much about you or your brother, but I've heard a thing or two in passing gossip."

"Oh, have you?"

>"I have indeed. And I've heard that the two of you are both very thirsty for knowledge. Quite an attractive quality, to want knowledge."
>"Especially in a time such as this, when so many are content stagnate."
>"Good on the both of you."
>>
>>28800830
Oh, thank you. I have to say, I quite look forward to when I'm allowed in the library myself. Starswirl has told me many great things about it.
>>
>>28800830
>>28800854

>The compliment makes you blush a little.

"Oh, thank you."
"I have to say, I quite look forward to when I'm allowed in the library myself. Starswirl has told me many great things about it."

>"Yes, that library is quite the repository. A gathering place for things learned, centuries of knowledge condensed into one location."
>"I myself am lucky enough to have a single book in this library. Quite the honor that was."
>"You know, when the Scholarly Exodus took place, I can't tell you how many tried to get the contents of the library moved to Negra Beliza."
>"I was quite adamant it go undisturbed though. Me, Tella, Vivian, Rosa and Sanctus. There quite a few sore bottoms wrought over the issue but I feel we made the right decision."
>"Oh, but I'm doing it again, prattling on."

"No worries. I find you're prattling to be quite interesting."

>"T-thanks. I, uh, heard your brother was interested in studying magic, from Lily. Have you any idea what school he's interested in?
>>
>>28801385
I'm sure Scribe does, but I personally have forgotten. Help me out, QM?
>>
>>28801557
Starswirl holds interest in magic as a whole, but has always expressed a favor in the Blue alignment, otherwise known as the School of Absorption
>>
>>28801557
Can't we say all as an answer? Because Starswirl is pretty much someone that thrives on knowledge. He'll probably end up going through everything in the library in the (near?) future.
>>
>>28801569
This is also good. Just find the words to express it.
>>
>>28801385
I'm not certain. I often find myself lost when he tries to explain spells and magic to me. I'm afraid it's something I just don't comprehend all that well, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>28801385
Well, all of them, I think. I haven't seen a school of magic he isn't at least a little interested in.
>>
>>28801385 >>28801590
>>28801604

"Well, all of them I think. I haven't seen a school of magic he isn't at least a little interested in."
"To be honest though, I'm not certain. I often find myself lost when he tries to explain spells and magic to me. I'm afraid it's something I just don't comprehend all that well."

>Lenna nods softly.

>"Magic is a hard thing to understand, even for those of us who practice it for years. We make the moon and sun rise each day and night. Do we know how it's done? No. But we do it."
>"Starswirl sounds like the kind of pony who's hunger for answers knows no bounds. Certainly, he seemed that way when we met in the infirmary. It had been some time since anypony had referred to me as Ton'berri the Blessed, and to be honest, I don't know how many are actually aware of that title."

>She asks this as you approach the gates of the castle.
>The guards at the gate seem tired and are waiting for you to state your business.
>They notice Miss Ton'berri though, and see your Golden Sun battle regalia, and quickly stand to attention.
>They likely won't hurry you.

>"...This might seem rude of me to ask, and I'd hate to impose, but do you think I might come see Starswirl with you?"
>>
>>28802011
By all means.
>>
>>28802011
Eeeh, I was kinda hoping to get a nice brotherly reunion going on. Bah, we can't say no.

Of course. I'm sure he'd love to speak with you again.
>>
>>28802011
Sure.
>>
>>28802011 >>28802016
>>28802021 >>28802076

"Of course, by all means. I'm sure he'd love to speak with you again."

>You ere actually hoping to just have a nice little reunion with Starswirl. But you know how much he would appreciate a visit from one of his idols.

>"Wonderful! Thank you, Scribe."

"Of course."

>You direct your attention to the guards at the gate.

"My name is Ghost Scribe, private in the Golden Suns."

>"Well met, Sun. State your business."

"I'm here to see my brother, jester to the king. His name is Starswirl."

>"Can't say I recognize the name, but the king will likely know where he is. Go on in. Make haste though. The King generally frowns upon late night intrusions."

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you."

>Both guards nod to you, and open the front gate.
>You step through, Miss Ton'berri following close behind.
>Approaching the throne room, you encounter another group of guards, speaking to a rather sleepy looking mare.
>The mare seems to be dressed for bed, in a modest nightgown, free of frills.
>They're blocking you're way to the throne room, though.

"Excuse me, but could you let us through, we'd like a brief audience with the king."

>You ask politely enough, but both the guards seem to be giving you rather upset looks.
>It is the mare that answers you though.

>"I'm afraid my father isn't accepting any more visitors today. He retired to bed early, and I was hoping to do the same."

>The mare in question is actually Princess Goldheart. You didn't recognize her immediately.
>It's a bit more obvious upon closer inspection though. Her mane is the exact same shade of golden yellow as Lily's.
>But what was that she'd said? The king was retired? Shoot.
>Maybe you could get some answers out of her.
>>
>>28802424
Would you know where your jester Starswirl is? I would like to meet him.

Kinda surprised she isn't treating us like a lowly mudpony.
>>
>>28802619
Guess our Sun equipment does get us some respect afterall.
>>
Hello?
>>
Please forgive the delay, I got lost in some other stuff.

update in a minute
>>
>>28802424 >>28802619
>>28802631

"I hate to bother you, but could you tell me where your jester Starswirl is? I wish to speak with him."

>The princess looks you over, a devilish grin forming on her face.

>"You are Ghost Scribe, yes? If I recall correctly, you are Starswirl's brother."

>You don't like the way she's working over your body with her eyes.
>It's not quite condescending, but there is something generally unwholesome and smug about the way she's doing it.

"Y-yes, Starswirl is in fact my brother. I'm surprised you remember that."

>"I make it a point to keep track of ponies that... interest me. You interest me. And to a lesser extent, Starswirl interests me."
>"You know, normally I would call on Celestabelle or Bethabelle to aid you, but I'm feeling quite generous tonight. I'd be more than happy to escort you to Starswirl's quarters."

"Really? That's very thoughtf-"

>"But Ton'berri has to go."

"Pardon?"

>"Ton'berri has no reason to be here. I want her to go."

>This doesn't sound very reasonable.
>You don't want to refuse the princess, but Miss Ton'berri has done nothing to deserve such rudeness.
>>
>>28803923
Check to see Ton'berri's reaction. I'm sensing some bad blood here.
>>
>>28803923
But... Miss Ton'berri was going to see my brother as well. Give Ton'berri a look. We can't refuse the princess.
>>
>>28803953
I say we go and agree to the princess's request regardless, just make sure she knows we don't hold anything against her.

I'd like to let the Princess think we're on her side.
>>
>>28803923 >>28803953
>>28803998

>You check Miss Ton'berri for a reaction.
>Her face says it all: she's adamant about going to see Starswirl.

"Umm... Miss Ton'berri was going to see my brother as well. Surely, she can come along?"

>The princess gives you a sly look.

"Of course, who am I to disagree with royalty. I'm sorry Miss Ton'berri, but you'll have to go. Perhaps another time."

>A look of satisfaction washes over Princess Goldenheart.

>"No need, she can come along if she so desires. Though I was hoping to discuss something with you privately."

"Well, mayb-"

>"I suppose I can still discuss it with you, though the subject matter might make Ton'berri a tad uncomfortable."
>"Come, both of you."

>She grabs you by the leg and drags you along, forcing you to walk beside her.
>The hallways she's leading you down are just narrow enough to prevent all three of you walking side by side.
>It's an uncomfortable situation, filled with an uncomfortable silence.
>A silence the princess breaks.

>"Life is very much like a game, don't you agree, Ghost Scribe?"

"I, uh-"

>"Some play the game well, some play it play it poorly. Some are given natural disadvantages and others great advantages."
>"Some become angered or sad and quit the game early. I'm quite entertained by the way you play the game though, Ghost Scribe. Very entertained~."

"W-what do y-"

>"An Earth pony born among unicorns, ridiculed and beaten. And yet you endured. Now look at you. Surely you must be somepony special to have survived my Aunt Gilded Lily's attentions."

"Well, she re-

>"I'm going to be blunt with you,Ghost Scribe. I want you. Your breeding is of no concern to me. Only your perserverance."
>"I don't care to know if you desire me, but that doesn't matter. I will have you. Not today, and not tomorrow, but you will be mine."

>Looking back at Miss Ton'berri, you see that her face has turned red as a tomato.
>You simply walk, in stunned silence.
>You have no idea how to respond to this.
>>
>>28804699
B-but princess, you don't even know me.
>>
>>28804699
Well I suppose all I can say is... let the games begin.
>>
>>28804699
Well. Can't stop you from trying your best.
>>
>>28804699
My determination is a product of my circumstances, not my blood. I owe as much of who I am to the ponies around me as I do myself.
>>
>>28804699
I am sorry princess. Though you may be royalty, and I an earth pony, I'm afraid I won't be taken so easily.

If you truly want me, you will have to earn it. I will not be taken by force. Would it even be an achievement if I were?
>>
>>28804699
Is that what you want? Or is that what your family wants?
>>
>>28804699 >>28804768
>>28804957 >>28804978
>>28805018 >>28805075
>>28805094

"B-but princess, you don't even know me!"

>The princess pulls you in tighter. You have stopped now, outside a closed door.

>"I don't have to know what something is to know that I want it. I covet you, Ghost Scribe."

"Well know this. My determination is a product of circumstance not blood. I owe much of who I am to the ponies around me."

>"Such things are passed on in the spirit. The union between mare and stallion produces an offspring that is a mixture of both. Spirit and blood both live on."

"Your reasoning is clever, princess, but I'm afraid I won't be taken so easily. If you truly want me, you will have to earn it. I will not be taken by force."

>"Ah, but force seems to be working so well for my aunt. I've seen the way she glances at you. I see a great many things. She can yearn all she wants, but I feel she's experienced enough loss that losing you to me won't make much difference"

>Goldenhearts cold words are shocking to you. How could she speak so cruelly of her own family?

"Is that truly what you want? What would your father think?"

>"It is what I want. An my father can think a great many things. But his thoughts are not my own. I will have you, Ghost Scribe."

>You can't believe what you're hearing. You'll have to watch yourself around her. And away from her. And anywhere she could potentially be.

"I suppose I can't stop from trying. And if you truly view this as a game, I guess all I can say is let the games begin."

>She chuckles, running a hoof softly across your face.

>"The game began long ago, Ghost Scribe. You've only just become aware that you're playing it."
>"All that aside, your brothers room is right behind us. Spend all the time you like with him. I'll be seeing you~."

>The princess walks away, making a point to rub up against you as she leaves.
>Her flank swivels seductively with each movement.
>She rounds a corner and soon disappears.

>Uh.
>Wow.
>>
>>28805202
What do you say we put that behind us for now, Ton'berri?
>>
>>28805202
Compose ourselves. We're here now, she's gone, that interaction is over.

Turn to Ton'berri, make sure she's still with us. After that self-confirmation, knock on the door.
>>
Why are the mares, for a lack of a better word, much more crazier than the stallions?
>>
>>28805202
She's crafty I can tell. Can't help but to think she's simply a spoiled filly at heart. What and odd thought though, us as her husband? Would that make us a prince? Eventually king? Our life seems more and more like some kind of joke every day. Let's see Starswirl before the day becomes even more strange.
>>
File: TowelSoaren.png (268KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
TowelSoaren.png
268KB, 513x513px
>>28805202
Wow. This lady's serious bad news. Makes me wonder how the previous royalty got poisoned.

I'm now more confident in waifu'ing our captain, or even Weathervane, first.

And I think TonBeri has her cap set for Starswirl, we should help that along.
>>
>>28805347
I'm all for husbandoing Weathervane, though I prefer someone like Orich.
>>
>>28805372
Agreed, Orich would be fine, too.
>>
>>28805202
As a view as that is, I suddenly think I prefer stallions
>>
>>28805372
>>28805390
I think Orich would have preferred our dad
>>
>>28805269 >>28805255
>>28805266 >>28805298
>>28805485

>You turn to Miss Ton'berri.
>She's staring at the ceiling and shaking with what seems to be anger.

"What say we leave this behind us, eh?"

>"UGH! I Can't stand her! Spoiled little brat she is, self-entitled little trollop, but ohhhhh, she's a prodigy is she?! Her magical abilities excuse the fact that she's an absolute, irevocably selfish little twat?!"

"Miss Ton'berri, I-

>"I rue the day that filly learned to read, I regret being there to teach her her first spells, I-"

>The door to Starswirl's room swings open with a bang.

>"Hoy! Keep it down out here, I'm trying to rest!"

>All three of you are briefly stunned silent.

>"Lady Ton'berri?"

>Starswirl turns his head to you, his gaze pausing briefly on your circlet and necklace.

>"Scribe?"

"Aye.

>"Scribe! Ah, what are you doing, just standing there, come give us a hug, you devil you."

>The two of you leap eagerly into each other's hooves. It's only been a few days, but it feels like an eternity since you've seen one another.

>"So how've ya been, Mr. Golden Sun?"

"To shorten the results of recent events, let's just say with the quality of mares in this city, I might start preferring stallions."

>"That's... that's kind of gross, Scribe."

"R-right, sorry. So far, barring Miss Ton'berri, all the mares seem to be nuts."

>"Ah, they ain't all bad, from my experience. But what brings you two here, so late into the day?"
>>
>>28805611
>>"UGH! I Can't stand her! Spoiled little brat she is, self-entitled little trollop, but ohhhhh, she's a prodigy is she?! Her magical abilities excuse the fact that she's an absolute, irevocably selfish little twat?!"
EXPOSITION
>>
>>28805611
Just got done with training for the day, and it's been days since I saw you last, unconscious as I was.
>>
>>28805611
>gross
I think you meant mean?
Or the nurse is homophobic

We're here to see you, swirly! How have you been? What's going on? Did you know the blacksmith knew our father? That Jesters actually are one of the safest positions to criticize the monarchy from?
>>
>>28805665
Starswirl said gross. Remember, bro-homo bad.
>>
>>28805676
Well at least it makes our point
>>
>>28805676
Don't worry, never wanted bro-homo in the first place, only normal homo.
>>
>>28805611 >>28805656
>>28805665

"Why. we're here to see you, Swirly! I just got done with training for the day, and it's been a bit since we last saw each other."

>"Aye, it has. Anything new on your end, aside from that fancy jewelry you're sporting."

"Heh, it's not jewelry, Starswirl. It's armor, believe it or not. My lieutenant happens to be an accomplished blacksmith. He knew father rather well, apparently."

>"Orich Alcum, right? I'm not sure where he falls number wise, but aye, I'm aware of him. A lieutenant and a blacksmith though? I don't know where he finds the time."
>"Lord knows I've no free time on my own hooves. I'm lucky to have even have this bit of time to myself. The king claimed fatigue tonight, and retired to bed early."
>" I honestly don't know what to do with myself."

"Well, why not write a mocking poem or too. Jester as you are, it would be quite easy to get away with a jab at the crown every now and then"

>Starswirl laughs.

>"Aye, I've thought about it, but my mind was made for consuming knowledge, not producing childish limericks."

>Miss Ton'berri takes this as an opportunity to speak up.

>"Speaking of learning, I had something I wished to discuss with you. I understand you have a strong interest in the magical arts?"

>Starswirl looks confused, but his eyes have lit up brighter than the sun.

>"Is this what I think?"

>"Do you think I'm offering to help you study white magic and all it's nuances every free moment you have? If that's the case, then yes."

>Starswirl can't seem to control himself as throws himself around Miss Ton'berri.
>He seems to be sobbing with joy, his only discernible words being muffled 'thank yous.'
>Ton'berri just looks at you and smiles, patting Starswirls back.

>"White magic is about as much as I can do. All the other masters of the respective schools are either dead or gone."
>"I'm sure somepony could help you out when it comes to learning more though."

>She looks at you expectantly.
>But of what?
>>
File: Lenna Ton'berri Full.png (13KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
Lenna Ton'berri Full.png
13KB, 321x333px
Pausing for the night

Have a Ton'berri courtesy of the general
>>
>>28805944
Absolutely Starswirl. Though I can't remember if I've told you this.

You know of the royal library. Well, Golden Suns happen to have access to it, if you see what I'm getting here.
>>
>>28805944
She's looking at us, because we're now Summons master of the kingdom. This means we need our duffelbag back from the infirmary as soon as we can manage.
>>
>>28806236
We'll become Ghost Scribe the Summoner?
>>
>>28806236
What? Does she even know we can summon?

>>28805968
This.
>>
>>28806236
>duffel bag
I hope you mean summoner of magical constructs and not summoner of the mares
>>
>>28806707
We've been doing a good job at both, haven't we? Especially considering our 'handiap'. Those uni mares seem to go for Erf Pony Strength!
>>
>>28805944

Due to work schedule conflict, among other things, adventure is paused for two days.

I'll be back sunday, so keep it bumped
>>
>>28807922
Okay I lied

I can do a brief run but give me a minute
>>
Honestly, I'm kinda intrigued by Goldheart. I think we should talk to her again. I have some questions.
>>
>>28805944 >>28805968
>>28806236 >>28806500

"Somepony surely can, Starswirl. You may not have access to the royal library, but as a Golden Sun, I do."
"I'm sure you catch my meaning."

>Starswirls only response is to pull you into the hug.
>The three of you, Miss Ton'berri, Starswirl and you, brought together physically and by a desire to learn.
>It might be a bit awkward finding the time to bring Starswirl books, but it's certainly the least you can do.
>You feel something wrap itself around one of your legs.
>Looking down, you see Golet, who has remained largely silent this entire time.
>So much so, you had nearly forgotten about her.
>Perhaps you and Starswirl might find the time to do a bit of studying together, brother and brother, learning how to summon and control otherworldly beasts.
>The thought amuses you and you give a light chuckle.
>Ghost Scribe the Summoner... you quite like the sound of that.

XXX

>"RISE AND SHINE, UP AND AT 'EM PRIVATE!"

>You are jostled awake by the shouts of one Captain Gilded Lily.
>You had gotten back rather late last night, wanting to spend a bit of time with your brother.
>This, combined with a slew of rather unpleasant dreams involving Princess Goldheart, made for a very tired Ghost Scribe.
>It must have showed on your face, because the Captain seemed concerned.

>"Scribe, you look like death warmed over. Is something wrong? I need my soldiers in top condition."
>>
>>28808883
Simply not enough sleep last night, Captain. I'll pull through.
>>
>>28808883
I'm sorry, Captain, I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night.
>>
>>28808833
That sounds like a bad idea, I'm afraid she'll rape us.
>>
>>28808883
>>28808907

"I'm sorry, Captain. Simply a lack of sleep last night. I'll pull through."

>"Good to hear. Now GET OUT OF BED, YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!"

>The Captain's screams and shouts do well to rouse you from your groggy stupor.
>You're quickly shooed out of bed and rushed out of the barracks, the Captain shouting nonsense about the bonds of friendship.
>The word Aether escapes her mouth at least once, but you think she's just trying to keep you moving at this point.
>Two dull gray blades sit in the center of the yard, awaiting their use in today's training session.
>Your armor activates from the strength of your anticipation.
>Picking up the blade, you watch the Captain trigger her armor and do the same.

>"Ready stance. Bow to your partner."

>You lower your head respectfully, as does the Captain.

>"Ready? Begin!"

XXX

>Hours have passed by, and finally you hear the noise you've been waiting for.
>The dull clang that matches the dull nature of your blade.
>The clang that lets you know that you've hit your mark.
>Short of breath, and just as sore as yesterday, you drop the blade, reveling in your hollow triumph.

>"Well done, Private. You hit me. I'd say that earns you the rest of the day to yourself. Give your body a chance to rest, and we'll move on to mouth-based sword play tomorrow."
>"Good day, Private."

>The Captain leaps away as she had yesterday, leaving you to your own devices.
>There's still plenty of time left in the day, but what to do?"
>>
>>28809109
Go back to our bed and get "the bag". We need to find a better place for that thing.
>>
>>28809109
Get our "stuff" and take it to Starswirl for safekeeping.
>>
>>28809219
I'd agree, except Starswhirl is at the same castle Goldenheart's at. Who knows what'll happen if she finds us with it.
>>
>>28809241
should we get Starswirl to visit our little place in the barracks then?
>>
>>28809241
C'mon, you're not going to let a princess scare you are ya? Man up. We can't just hide from her.
>>
>>28809109
I say we retrieve our summoner's gridmoir from the infirmary, then get our bag of naughties from the barracks, and hide both in Swirls room somewhere with an explanatory note.
>>
>>28809509
Why? I want to talk to him.
>>
>>28809109 >>28809203
>>28809219 >>28809241
>>28809260 >>28809270
>>28809509

>You watch as Captain Lily disappears off into the distance.
>Once you're sure she's gone, you return to the barracks, and specifically, to your trunk.
>Opening it, you remove "the bag" from its resting place.
>You try not to think to hard about its contents as you contemplate what to do with it.
>You decide it would be best to get it out of here and to somewhere a bit more secure.
>Possibly to Starswirl. He would definitely understand.
>He might not be happy, but he would certainly hold onto it for you.
>Grabbing your proper bag, you stuff "the bag" inside.
>It fits comfortably, and doesn't arouse any kind of suspicion from its current position.
>Swinging the bag onto your back, you head for the infirmary.
>The summoners grimoire is still in there and you need to retrieve it.
>It's not safe to just hold on to or have lying around, so you'll give that to Starswirl as well.
>You peek into the infirmary, oddly empty. For one reason or another, Miss Ton'berri isn't here.
>Just as well though. You find the grimoire lying on the night stand next to the bed you'd occupied, undisturbed thankfully.
>You place it in your bag, right next to "the bag." It fits snuggly.

>Leaving the training yard, you make your way into town, the hustle and bustle just as hustly and bustly as ever.
>Moving towards the castle, you notice many things.
>You see Weathervane, in plain dress, talking up some mare, a guard on duty from the looks of it.
>You can see Brutus as well, sitting at a table enjoying what seems like a late lunch.
>Not too faraway from him, Rain appears to having a lunch of her own.
>The two seem unaware of each other.
>Rain herself seems different somehow. She seems... radiant?
>You're not sure what it is, but she certainly seems different.
>None of your concern though.
>>
>>28809605
Say hello to Brutus.

Who is Rain again?
>>
>>28809743
Rain is the innkeep Starswirl shagged.
>>
>>28809605
Might as well wave to the ponies we know.
>>
>>28809757
Ah thanks. I change my vote to go talk to her.
>>
>>28809529
No doubt the king is monopolizing Swirl's time.

>>28809605
Weathervane, talking up a mare? Hm, I guess he's not quite what I'd assumed then.
>>
Okay, I for real have to pause the adventure now. I'll be back when I'm back, so keep it bumped please.

Kay luv u bai
>>
>>28809605
Talk to Brutus for a moment
>>
bump from page nine.
>>
Crazy mares bump
>>
Lily is best pony.
>>
>>28813998
Making our way downtown bump
>>
>>28814896
Walking fast bump
>>
>>28816050
Faces pass bump
>>
>>28816890
And I'm homebound bump
>>
Goldheart is best waifu.
>>
Orich is best husbando.
>>
>>28818947
The gay dad we never had
>>
Lily is best waifu.
>>
>>28818977
The DILF we never had.
>>
To be continued momentarily
>>
>>28809605 >>28809795
>>28809806 >>28809857
>>28810528

>You give a wave to Weathervane, none too eager to interrupt... whatever it is he seeks to accomplish with that mare.
>He notices you, and gives a brief wave of his own before returning to the mare.
>She seems mildly interested in whatever it is he's talking about, but you can't tell if it's genuine or feigned.
>Just one of many things that don't concern you.
>You wave at Brutus and Rain as well.
>Both notice you and wave back. You can see Rain actually beckoning to you.
>You were hoping to speak with Brutus, but maybe you can talk to him when you're through with whatever Rain wants.
>You walk over to her, taking a seat at the little wooden table she's occupying.

>"I'm glad I saw you, Mr. Scribe. Or is that Sir Scribe now?"

"Heh, I'm nopony special Rain. Just a private in the Golden Suns."

>"The Golden Suns, you say? That's quite impressive, Mr. Scribe. Certainly nothing to sneeze at."

>A sense of pride wells up inside you. Certainly not something to sneeze at.

"Anyway, what was it you called me over for?"

>"Well I was hoping to-"

>"Hello, friends! Couldn't help but notice the two of you chatting over here, and thought I might join you."

>Brutus has made his way to the table and invited himself to sit down. Not exactly polite, but he likely doesn't know any better.
>Rain gives a small chuckle, and smiles wide at Brutus, her eyes almost shut by the force of it.
>From the smallest of openings you can see past her facade and see that her eyes are burning with malice.
>Should you let Brutus sit with you?
>>
>>28821582
Go ahead and sit, Brutus.
>>
>>28821582
Look between both Rain and Brutus. After a brief pause, look to Rain and say, "A moment, please." Proceed to walk with Brutus to a spot still within sight of Rain's table, but far enough away to where she won't hear.

We're going to need to vex plain to him that this conversation we're about to have with Rain MIGHT be private. It might be best if we're alone right now.
>>
>>28821582 >>28821752
>>28821900

>You look uncomfortably between Rain and Brutus. Brutus seems oblivious to Rain's bitterness, or at least, is pretending to be.
>Looking to Rain, you try to think of the best thing to do in this situation.

"A moment, please."

>"As many as you need, Mr. Scribe."

>With magic, she brings a cup of something to her lips, likely tea.
>She sips from it angrily. Or maybe she's just a loud drinker.
>You step out of earshot, but still within sight of Rain's table, pulling Brutus along with you.
>He seems a tad confused.

>"Whatever is the matter, friend?"

"Well, Brutus, Rain was about to ask us something. And I can't be sure, but I get the feeling that it might be a private matter."

>"Well, there are a lot of things that might or might not be, but don't you worry, friend."
>"I know when I'm not wanted."

"Now, Brutus, it's nothing like that!"

>"No worries, friend, I was referring to Rain. I though since the two of you are on good terms, I might be able to sidle into your little gathering. But I've done quite a bit of damage to my relationship with that mare."
>"I think I'll be on my way, but before I go, do you think I could get your name? I never did catch it."

>"It's Scribe. Ghost Scribe."

>He smiles at you. You can't tell how real it is.

>"Ghost Scribe. Good to know. I'll be seeing you around, friend."

>He walks off, but where he's going, you're not sure.
>You return to the table and see that Brutus left his food behind, and that Rain has completely finished her meal.
>She looks at you sternly.

>"I think with an acquaintance like you, he could become finally somepony of worth."
>"You'll have to forgive me, Mr. Scribe, but I must be getting back to my inn."
>"We can discuss what I wanted to talk about some other time. In the meantime..."

>She pulls a letter from within her dress and hands it to you.

>"Give that to Starswirl for me. Have a pleasant day, Mr. Scribe.

>She walks off, leaving you alone.
>>
In case it wasn't obvious this is a prompt. What do you guys want to do now?
>>
>>28822383
>Get Brutus to leave so we can talk to Rain
>End up talking to neither

We'll that was fucking pointless. Let's continue on to the palace to deliver her letter.
>>
>>28822695
>We'll

I meant 'well' damnit.
>>
>>28822383
>>28822695

>You contemplate just how pointless this whole sequence of events was.
>Those are a few minutes you'll never get back, but oh well.
>You resume your walk to the castle, placing the letter among the other things you'll be placing in Starswirl's care.
>Your enjoying the peaceful stroll when a shout breaks through the constant murmur of the crowds around you.

>"Hey, HEY! Scribe, hold on!"

>You slow yourself slightly, looking back to see Weathervane hurrying towards you with the mare you saw him speaking to earlier.

>"Glad I could catch you, Private Scribe. I have somepony I'd like to introduce you to."

>Not missing a step, he flourishes dramatically at the mare walking beside him.
>She seems pleasant, if a bit disinterested, though overall, you'd have to describe her as dull.

>"This is Janey, my sweetheart I was telling you about. She and I are crazy in love, aren't we Janey?"

>Janey nods quietly. Her hair, mane, and tail are all a dull yellow.
>You wonder how Weathervane came to fall in love with her, given that she just... kind of blends in.

>"Janey, go on, tell Ghost Scribe how in love we are."

>"Oh, yes, Weathervane and I are very in love. We've been seeing each other for years now. He calls me Janey, I call him Vaney."

"Oh, like, Weathervane, right?"

>"Yes, and no. Janey isn't my real name by the way. It's Plain. Plain Jane, private 1st class, general rotation. Nice to meet you, Ghost Scribe."

"Nice to meet you, Miss Jane."

>Weathervane tries to rope you into a conversation, but you hurry on to the castle.
>The guards at the gate let you in without question this time, and you make your way to the throne room.
>The guards here halt you.

>"State your business, Sun. The king is quite weary today and is slow to accept visitors."

>You could state your business and see if they let you through.
>Then again, you could just try to find Starswirl's room. You don't need to see him, just drop a few things off.
>>
>>28823079
I'm here to deliver a message to Starswirl.
>>
>>28823079
I am here to deliver a message to Jester Starswirl.
>>
>>28823079 >>28823416
>>28823102

"I'm here to deliver a message to Jester Starswirl."

>Jester Starswirl? Who's that? Hey, Keeper, you know anypony what goes by that name?"

>"Can't say I do, Trapper. Least, not personally."

>"Well, do you know any impersonally?"

>"Can't say that either, Trapper."

>"Well, what can you say, Keeper?!"

>"I can say that I don't know anypony by the name of Jester Starswirl, that's what I can say, Trapper."

>"Well, why didn't you say so in the first place, you numbskull?!"

>The one named Trapper smacks the one named Keeper over the head, causing his helmet to spin.
>All you can think is that it must be very poorly fitted to be capable of making a full turn around his head.

>"I ain't a numbskull, Trapper, you take that back!"

>"And what if I don't?"

>"Well then I might just have to do this!"

>Keeper pounces on Trapper, knocking the both of them to the floor.
>They don't really seem to be hurting each other, just kind of... gently slapping.
>Though, Trapper seems to be trying to bite Keeper.
>This is kind of bizarre to watch, so you decide not to.
>The door is unguarded now. Should you try to break them up?
>Maybe you could just slip on through, unnoticed.
>>
>>28823484
Eh, let's just walk by them. It's not like we're here for the king anyways.
>>
>>28823484
Guards, please! Surely this isn't something you can't work out over a drink? A nice night out on the town? Maybe with some wine, music, roses?
>>
>>28824372
>Maybe with some wine, music, roses?
What?
>>
>>28823484 >>28823566
>>28824372

>You decide to just walk pat these two buffoons.
>They hardly notice as you push open the door, quite a feat considering all the noise it makes.
>Opening it noiselessly might be a simple task with magic, but with nothing but your own strength, it's an effort and a half.
>You're about to step into the throne room when a thought pops into your head.

"You know, this is surely something you two can work out over a drink? A nice night on the town? Maybe some wine, music, roses?"

>They stop beating each other long enough to consider what you just said.

>"Sounds pretty good to me, Trapper."

>"I'll buy the wine if you buy me some roses, Keeper."

>"Yeah, sounds good. Thanks Mr. Golden Sun fella. Hope you find that Jester fellow."

>They walk off and leave you to yourself. You're amazed that worked.
>You'll need to bring the lax security up to somepony important at some point.
>Stepping into the throne room, the doors shutting behind you, you're a bit surprised to find the King is absent.
>The Queen sits lazily in her throne though, and so does Goldheart to your dismay.
>But where is Starswirl?
>>
>>28825067
Back out. Ask a servant or something, they know everything. The royals are just not worth the trouble.
>>
>>28825067
The fuck? Does the first door to the palace lead to the throne room? Why are we here?
>>
>>28825359

It's a long hallway leading to the throne room, with many hallways on either side branching of to other areas of the castle. I made this clear the first couple times we came to the palace, and didn't want to waste time going over it again. Now please make your decision based on this information.
>>
>>28825376
Leave and ask a servant. Duh.
>>
>>28825067 >>28825204
>>28825434

>You slowly back out of the throne room, hoping that neither of them saw you.
>As you back out something hits you square in your head.
>It's not heavy but it hits hard.
>Your armor reacts in response to your pain, and as the door closes, you see Goldheart looking at you.
>She just stares at you mockingly, and as the door shuts, you swear you see her wink.
>A chill runs down your spine as you look to see what was thrown at you.
>... A bell?
>It looks familiar. Maybe if you ring it.

>D I N G

>Almost immediately, two mares in maid uniforms appear at your side.

>"Celestabelle,"

>"And Bethabelle,"

>"At your service, milord."
>"At your service, milord."

>You remember them from when they directed you and Starswirl to your respective new lives.

"Uh... could you take me to Starswirl's room?"

>"Certainly, milord. Though-"

>"Jester Starswirl has a bit of company at the moment and-"

>"Might not take to visitors kindly right now."

"I'm his brother, I'm sure he can make time for me.

>"If you say so, milord."
>"If you say so, milord."

>They walk you what seems like miles away to Starswirl's room.

"You know, don't you think it bizarre that I called you, and not the king?"

>"We obey no king, milord.

>"We obey the bell."

>"The bell is our master, and it's ring-"

>"Like a siren song to us."

>"But that is none of your concern."
>"But that is none of your concern."

>They sound so similar that you lose track of who's speaking.
>But that doesn't bother so much as what they're saying.
>You don't get a chance to ask though, before they both knock on Starswirl's door simultaneously.
>It opens wide, Miss Ton'berri being the one to answer.

>"I thought I told you two that- Oh. Hello, Ghost Scribe. Whatever you need, I'd be happy to help, but could you shoo these two?"

>The maids look at you, expectant.

"Um... dismissed."

>"As you wish, milord."
>"As you wish, milord."

>They leave in unison, their every action synchronized.
>Creepy.
>>
Forgive massive delay, things happened
>>
>>28826377
Creepy is to say the least.

Ask Ton'berri if it's alright if we see Starswirl, or at least if we could give this message to him.
>>
>>28826377
Brother here? I have a message for him.

Ask Golet what she thinks of those two.
>>
>>28826377
>>28826388
Just so we're on the same page, I intend to be there when he opens and reads that letter. I wanna know what's in it too.
>>
>>28826377
Pass the bell onto someone else pronto. A noble, perhaps?
>>
>>28826597
Why? We have the Belles at our disposal now.
>>
>>28826377
Can we ask Lenna about the bell? Is it enchanted or something?

>>28826597
If we want to do that, can't we just ring the bell and tell them to bring the bell to the princess(of rape)?
>>
>>28826729
Oh hey! Instead of a rape whistle, it can be a rape bell!
>>
>>28826748
That's a brilliant idea, we should totally keep it. They probably have more anyway.
>>
>>28826729
>>28826676
Rape princess is clearly trying to bribe us with servants.
I don't want to give her ammunition to use against us. But perhaps we can use the Bell after all.
Is there some way we could manipulate them to our advantage?
>>
>>28826799
I think you're kinda being paranoid about her.

>Is there some way we could manipulate them to our advantage?
1: Manipulation doesn't sound Scribe's speed.
2: What do you mean?
>>
>>28826854
She's a spoilt brat who greatly wants something and I bet she doesn't know how to say stop. The game they nobles play knows no mercy on anyone.

By manipulate I mean make her think she's winning when shes not
>>
>>28826388 >>28826393
>>28826476 >>28826597
>>28826676 >>28826377
>>28826729 >>28826773

"Now that they're gone, I was wondering if you could let me see Starswirl."

>"Of course. He's your brother, who am I to keep him from you?"

>She ushers you into the room, closing the door quickly.
>The room is much larger than you had anticipated, and there's ample room for you, Miss Ton'berri and Starswirl, who is practicing some spell or another on what appears to be ohgodadeercarcass.
>You can't bring yourself to comment on it, but your face is essentially a children's book of your emotions: easy to read.

>"Now now, no need to panic. I assure you this deer died of absolutely natural causes. It's one of many we keep stored and frozen to train new white mages."
>"More convenient and much safer than waiting for somepony to get injured, if I do say so."

>Starswirl's focus is intense, so much so that he hasn't even noticed you.

"What's he doing?"

>"Right now? A simple cure spell, fixing up some cuts and scrapes across the body. Basic white magic."

"Huh. Well, while he's doing that, do you think you could-"

>"If it's about those two, the "Belles", I have no idea. They just showed up one day, them and that bell you're holding. Happened sometime during Queen Estrella's rule, and that's about all I can tell you about that."

>The maids suddenly take on a much more sinister air in your mind.
>But as long as you hold the bell, you should have some measure of control over them.
>You hope. Golet hasn't spoken up on the matter, but you can feel in the way she's shaking that she doesn't feel great about "the Belles".

>"HAHA! Lady Ton'berri, I did it! I fixed the cuts, I- Oh, Scribe, good to see you. What are you doing here, boyo?

"Well, I came to for a few reasons."

>You spend a moment whispering you intentions into Starswirls ear.

>"Well, you can place the book and the, uh, other thing into the cabinet over there. I'll wait to read this letter until you're done."
>>
Paused for the night, I'll continue in the morning.
>>
>>28827112
Go put our stuff away while keeping a distance away from the body. Gross.
>>
>>28827112
>>28828224

>You hastily toss the bag into the cabinet, and place the summoners guide on top of it gently.
>Most of the bags contents are soft enough to provide ample cushion. That, combined with how neurotic Starswirl is with keeping his books immaculate, reassures you that the book will be fine.
>You return to Starswirl, who seems anxious to read the contents of the letter.
>He sits down on his bed, and looks to you, expecting you to do the same.
>You look warily at the deer carcass, its unseeing eyes giving you a glassy stare.
>You'd rather not, so you just gave a polite, but dismissive wave.
>He just shrugs.

>"Suit yourself. Now let's see here..."
>"Dearest Starswirl-"

>"Ahpbupbup, I don't know what's going on, but this probably isn't any of my business."
>"Allow me to cover my ears for a moment."

>Miss Ton'berri sleeks her ears back and places her hooves firmly over them.
>She gives a quick nod to affirm that she can't hear anything, before Starswirl starts again..

>"Dearest Starswirl, I write this to you with my heart heavier than a lead weight, but also as light a butterfly's wings. Many a stallion has managed to touch my heart, but in my life, none have managed to capture it so completely as you."
>"Naught more than a week has passed, and I can't remove your image from my mind. The moments of love and passion we shared were intimate in a way I've never experienced."
>"Your affection was genuine, your words beautiful and kind. Your heart, deep and pure, filled with an insatiable lust for all the world has to teach."
>"Your dreams are admirable. Your spirit, even more so. And there is a great fear in my heart that you won't reciprocate. If you don't feel as I do, withhold a response. Your silence will be all the answer I need."
>"But if you feel, even the tiniest bit, the way that I do, then please have this letter returned to me. I will spend every moment I can with you, and make each one more than worth your while."

TBC
>>
>>28830475
>The letter ends there. It's contents are remarkably different from anything you had expected.
>Though in all honesty, you weren't expecting much from it to begin with.
>Starswirl seems conflicted, confused, just staring at the letter, mouthing the words to himself, as though he can't believe what he just read.

"A bit strange, don't you think? A mare that old, falling for you like that?

>"Yeah...strange."

"You, uh... you don't feel the same way, do you?"

>He just sits in silence.

"Stasrswirl... do you love her? Are you in love with Rain?"

>"Yes. No. Maybe? I don't know."

"Would you like me to repeat the question?"

>"I'm not deaf, Scribe. Just... I don't know what to call this feeling. I think I have feelings for her? But, who's to say what I feel isn't just my loins speaking for me? Whatever we shared, that night you walked in on us, I'd like to feel it was real."
>"But my brain and my heart are conflicted in this matter, Scribe. I need your advice. What would you do?"

>You aren't necessarily well versed in matters of the heart.
>But your brother needs your help. What do you tell him? What can you tell him?
>>
Oh shoot, forgot my name and shit. whoopsies
>>
>>28830650
Tell Starswirl about Princess Goldheart as an example of what happens when your loins do your thinking for you.
Rain might be genuine, but there might be reason for her to be doing this for less than romantic reasons too. And honestly, what are the chances that a decent pony in these upper echelons would make the first move? From what we've seen, unlikely. But not impossible either.

I would reply, but not with immediate acceptance. We know too little to say for sure.
>>
>>28830650
One night flings are rarely the start of strong relationships, Starswirl. If you really want to get with her, do it slowly.
>>
>>28830650
Bloody hell Swirly, what did you do to the mare? Do you have a love spell or something? Tell you what brother, I will speak on your behalf. Whatever you have to say I will relay it. Otherwise I plan on speaking to her myself. All I can say is that you souldn't be in a rush.
>>
>>28830650 >>28830760
>>28830935 >>28830958

"Well, before you get hasty, let me tell you what happens when your loins do the thinking for you."
"Believe it or not, Princess Goldheart has set her sights, for what reasons, I can't say. But I can say that her infatuation, nay, her obsession, is dangerous and frightening."
"And consider this: what are the odds that any decent mare would be the one to make the first move?"

>"I suppose those are all valid points. But they could just as easily not apply, Scribe."

"It's a risk, Starswirl. But if you really care for Rain, if you're willing to take the risk, then by all means, go ahead."
"Just, try to take it slow. A one night fling isn't exactly the basis for a strong relationship."

>"No...no, I suppose it's not."

"You know, I could talk with her, if you don't feel totally comfortable. A sort of middle ground between the both of you."

>"No, no, not necessary. Though, I would ask that you return the letter to her, when you can."

"No problem, brother."

>You sit on the floor in front of him, him staring at the ceiling, you staring at him.

"...Bloody hell, Swirly, what did you do to that mare?"

>"I wish I knew, Scribe."

>An awkward laugh is shared between brothers, both of you unsure of how to react.

>"CAN I UNCOVER MY EARS NOW."

>Starswirl nods to his teacher. She uncovers her ear and shakes her head vigorously.

>"Well, now that whatever that was is done with, Starswirl has more training he needs to attend to."

>Removing a small dagger from her right foreleg, she mages several lacerations on the deer carcass, some shallow, some deep.

>"Get to work on those Starswirl, focus harder, finish quicker. Speed is key when it comes to healing."

>"Yes, Lady Ton'berri."

>Starswirl returns to his training as if nothing had happened, but you know this must be weighing heavy on him.
>Before you have any time to ponder his situation, Ton'berri pulls you aside.

>"Scribe, can I ask a favor of you?"
>>
>>28831927
Depends on the favor.
>>
>>28831927
May I ask what the favor is, miss? I'll do what I can.
>>
>>28831927
Well I cant give my word for something I don't know. What is it?
>>
>>28831927 >>28831951
>>28832003 >>28832238

"Well, it really depends on the favor. But, I'll do what I can."

>"It actually lines up pretty well with what you offered to do the other day. I need you to retrieve that book I spoke of the other day, the one I wrote."
>"There's some rather sensitive information in it that I'm going to need. I'd explain further, but unfortunately, I can't remember anything more than that."

"I don't think I understand, Miss Ton'berri. And I can't promise you anything if I don't know anything."

>"Unfortunately, I don't understand either. But I know that the book you need to get is important. Oh, and I can tell you what it looks like too!"
>"It's a multicolored thing, kind of gaudy, a bit hard to look at honestly. Layered, white, black, red, blue, green. I think."
>"Just look for that book in the royal archives for me, I'll let you know why I need it when you get back."

"That's still incredibly vague, Miss Ton'berri."

>"Will you do it, or not?"
>>
>>28832269
I certainly shall, Miss Ton'berri. Any title or such to narrow down the search?

Ask Starwirl if he's sure about his decision before we leave. After that I would like to talk to Goldheart.
>>
>>28832269
We can do it, but no guarantees.
>>
>>28832324
Any particular reason you want to talk to Goldheart? I'm unsure how to write that bit.
>>
>>28832566
I would like to ask her about her interest with us.
>>
>>28832269 >>28832324
>>28832548 >>28832605

"Do you have a title? Anything else that I can work with?"

>"Unfortunately, no."

"Well, then I'll do it, but I can't guarantee anything."

>"Good, thank you."

>Before you go you have to be sure of something. So you sidle up to Starswirl, as close as you can get without actually touching him.

"Are you sure?"

>A simple question, but he knows what you mean.

>"I'm sure."

>His response is short and strained, the majority of his focus placed on the disgusting thing that you're eager to get away from, so you're going to go now.
>You rush out of the room, closing the door quickly.
>You realize you have no idea how to get to the royal library, but you don't want to step back into the room.
>On top of being awkward, it would further interrupt Starswirl's training, and he has enough to think about.
>Without really thinking about it, you find yourself ringing the bell.
>Once again, the Belles appear by your side, almost as if they had been waiting just out of sight.

>"You rang, milord?"
>"You rang, milord?"

"I, uh, I guess I did."

>"What would you-"

>"Have of us, milord?"

"Well, I need to get to the royal library, but-"

>"Are you in need of directions, milord?"

>"As you've seen, we are quite capable of giving those. No pathways are beyond us."

>"No nook or cranny outside our navigation. We only need know how quickly you need arrive there, milord."

>"It is quite far you see, the library."

>"This castle is much larger than a first glance would lead you to believe, and-"

>"A walk to the library from here would take an hour's time-"

>"At the least."

"That is quite a walk."

>"It certainly is, milord. So you need only tell us-"

>"How quickly would you like to arrive at the library?"
>>
>>28833106
Is Princess Goldheart on the way? I would like to speak with her before going to the library.
>>
>>28833106
>>28833206

"Wait, before I go to the library, I wanted to talk about Princess Goldheart about something. Is there any way we could go see her first?"

>"We do as you desire, milord."

>"You bare the bell. Our actions-"

>"Come only from your commands. If you wish to see the Princess, we shall bring you to her."

>"But only if it is what you want. Please decide, milord. The library-"

>"Or the Princess?"

"I believe I've made it quite clear that I'd like to see Goldheart first."

>"If you so desire, milord."

>"And as we said, we will bring you to her. No path is beyond us?"

>"But again we must ask-"

>"How quickly would you like to get to her, milord?"
>>
>>28833312
In 5 minutes?
>>
>>28833312
If I were to say "immediately" how would you do it?
>>
>>28833312 >>28833360
>>28833416

"Well, since you're so eager to know, what say you get me there in five minutes?"

>"Would this please milord?"
>"Would this please milord?"

>You meant it as a joke, but these two seem like anything but the joking types.
>You wonder...

"If I were to say "immediately", how would you do it?"

>"Is it what you desire?"

>"We cannot provide answers to unsure questions."

"Then yes, I would like to get there immediately. Now explain to me how you would do it."

>"What use is there in explaining how we would do it-"

>"When it has already been done?"

"What do you mean?"

>"Ghost Scribe? Whatever are you doing here?"

>You turn around to see Princess Goldheart. She has changed out of her royal garb, and is now wearing some kind of paiges uniform.
>As you turn, you get dizzy and nauseous, almost falling over.
>You are kept steady by Golet, who is clinging to your legs fearfully. You don't have time to think of what could be making her feel this way.

"Wh-where exactly is here, Princess? And what are you doing dressed like that?"

>"The royal archives, or the library as some would put it. Those that bare the burden of a crown must wear many other hats as well, Ghost Scribe."
>"But I handle all of my duties with the utmost class and dignity, however beneath me I might feel they are."
>"Now you have yet to answer my question: what are you doing here?"

>While it's convenient that your desire to see Goldheart and your need to come to the library lined up nicely, you had wanted to talk to the Princess about something.
>What had that been again?
>>
>>28833904
We wanted to ask if she knew where the bell and the twins came from. Also, why she threw the bell at us this morning
>>
>>28833904
Subtly pet Golet to calm her down.
>>
>>28833904
I wished to asked you about your intrest in me. Is it simply my body you want, or something more? Why do you desire me out of your entire kingdom? Surely there are others more fitting.
>>
>>28833904 >>28833960
>>28834214 >>28834659

>You steady yourself, the nausea slowly fading.
>You try to comfort Golet, petting her head. You're fairly certain Goldheart can't see her, so it should just look like your scratching your leg.

"Well, I was hoping to ask you a few questions."

>"Then ask them, and be quick about it. I have many things I must attend to."

"Why are you so interested in me? Is it simply my body you want, or something more. Out of everypony in this kingdom, why me? Surely there are others more fitting."

>A twisted smile acts as the first part to her response.

>"There are many ponies in my kingdom, Ghost Scribe. Some big, some small, some rash and some obedient. But none suit my tastes."
>"You are, in spite of your Earth pony heritage, or perhaps because, a refreshing middle ground. You are calm and collected, but very much in touch with your emotions."
>"You are obedient, but you are no mere sheep. Your spirit is strong and that is what I admire; the strength of your body is simply a bonus~."
>"But to put it simply, I want you because I want you. That is all the reason I need."

>Your face begins to burn, the conversations topic making you a bit uncomfortable.
>Time for a topic shift.

"Why did you throw the bell at me this morning? And what exactly is the bell? Where did it and come from and what's with the twins?"

>"I threw the bell because I wanted to let you know I'd seen you. You seemed like you were trying to be sneaky. You weren't very good at it. I wanted to let you know."
>"I'm not sure what you're asking about the bell itself though. It is a bell, nothing more. You ring it, and they come. A simple concept, Ghost Scribe."
>"Now, I have no more time for your questions. But I will present you with one of my own."
>"Why did you come here? After all, the royal archives lie several miles underground. To come here simply to ask me those two questions belies an idiocy I don't quite believe you are capable of, Ghost Scribe."
>>
>>28835884
To put it simply, princess, I'd rather not. I have other business here, but frankly, that business is not yours.
>>
>>28835884
This >>28835967

She never told us to give it back, can we keep it then?
>>
>>28835884 >>28836220
>>28835967

"To put it simply, princess, I'd rather not. I have business here, but frankly, that business is not yours."

>Goldheart gazes at you sternly. She stares and stares, unmoving, almost statuesque.
>The staredown continues for an indeterminate amount of time before the twisted smile returns.

>"Cautious and stalwart. A good way to play the game. Whatever your purpose here, be sure to find me before you leave. I need to keep record of what books leave these shelves."

>With this she walks off, taking extra care to rub up against you as much as she can.
>She smells pleasant, for sure, but absolutely everything else about her is rotten.
>As her hoof steps fade, you take stop to take a look around you. You seem to be surrounded, by row after row of bookshelves.
>Every wall, lined with books, nary an empty space to be seen.
>You don't see any torches, and yet, the entire area seems to be as well lit as an open plain at high noon.
>Yet, despite the ample illumination, the twins are nowhere to be seen. Goldheart hadn't acknowledged them either, almost as if they had vanished into thin air.
>Goldheart also seemed to believe that the bell the twins seemed so attached to was mundane in nature. Obviously not the case, but perhaps best to keep her ignorant on the topic.
>Placing the bell carefully in your bag, you begin searching for some kind of directory. You don't want to go searching blindly in a library as large as this.
>Rounding a corner, you see several long columns, each bearing a title that is relevant to your search.
>The first says "Magical Theorem"
>The second says "Practical Application of Magics"
>The third "Specialized and Advanced Magical Practices"
>The fourth and last says "Collaborative Magical Works"
>Any one of these could have the book you're looking for, but which one?
>>
>>28836220
Yes we can keep it
>>
>>28836283
Check the author of the books? She did say she wrote it.
>>
>>28836397
Do you want to just comb the shelves for her name? Any specific column you want to go down?
>>
>>28836467
If there's a shelf for white magic, go through that first? If nothing matches, then we'll just comb the shelves, first checking if the book matched her description, then the author of said book.
>>
File: 1478495692247.gif (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478495692247.gif
138KB, 640x480px
>>28836499
This.

Also, having the Belles teleport us directly to Goldheart who was also in the archives was a quite brilliant play saving everyone time and effort. Good job Mori.
>>
>>28836283 >>28836499
>>28836397

>You don't think it would do you any good to go through every little section one at a time, looking through each individual book.
>So you'll narrow it down as best you can, searching by author name and topic.
>Thankfully the white magic section lies at the front of each shelf.
>The first section, magical theory, yields no results.
>Practical application of magic yields a book with Miss Ton'berri's name on it, but it's different from the book she described, not gaudy in the slightest. It resembles her mages cloak, white with red trimming.
>You don't think it's the right one, but you'll come back to it if you can't find anything else.
>The Advanced magics section also yields a book with Miss Ton'berri's name on it, but it seems to be part of a set with the first one.
>Hmm. "The Art of Healing and Organic Reconstruction, Volume Two"? The one you saw before must have been volume one. You'll have to keep that in mind.
>Moving on to the collaborative works section, you find that this section is not divided by magical type.
>This makes your search a bit more tedious, but you soon spot Miss Ton'berris initials along the spine of a book.
>Pulling it from its space on the shelf, you are accosted by a layer of gaudy colors that don't really go together. This is the book you were looking for all right.
>Let's see... "---------------------------------, A collaborative compendium as written by Tella de'Terra, Sanctus Harmonia, Lenna Ton'berri, Vivian Crowe and Rosa Thourn.
>Huh. That's strange. You just read the title, but you can't remember what it was.
>In fact, you're looking at it right now, and you can't for the life of you say what the title might be.
>Worrying, but not something to panic about.

>Alright, good, you've got the book.
>But now, you're hopelessly lost in an archive that you're entirely unfamiliar with.
>Now what?
>>
>>28836689
Thanks famalam
>>
>>28836914
Bell?
>>
>>28836914
We should hide the book. Or take a different one to "borrow" if we're even telling Goldheart at all
>>
>>28836914
Check the date it was written. Maybe a hint to Ton'berri's age.

Look for some books ourself! Such a wealth of knoeledge Scibe doesn't know where to begin! Maybe a few on history, a couple on writing, and one on military and combat.
>>
>>28836996
Maybe we're good telling her the book. She won't remember anyways.

Oh yeah, also ask Golet if she would like to read.
>>
>>28836914 >>28836959
>>28836996 >>28837009
>>28837451

>You consider ringing the bell, but you aren't quite ready for the Belles to whisk you away to Goldheart just yet.
>You get the feeling that she wouldn't be too okay with you taking this book in particular. So you decide to stow it away in your bag.
>But first, a quick peek at the date this book was written. It might provide you a hint as to how old Miss Ton'berri is.
>Now let's see... the exact date is a bit faded, but the year says, twenty-one thirty-six. The book itself is twenty seven years old. Not much help since you already know that Miss Ton'berri is significantly older than Captain Lily, but it's something. In the bag it goes.
>You decide that while your here you might find some books for yourself. You may be a soldier, but you are first and foremost a scribe.
>To record history is your purpose, and perhaps looking back at how those before you did it, you might gain a bit of insight.
>Of course you could also stand to improve your penmanship. Perhaps a few books about proper writing techniques, if those exist.
>Maybe a few on mythology as well. You never know what's true and what isn't when it comes to stories like those, especially given the existence of beings like Golet.
>You begin wandering about the archives, in search of these many things. As you wander, you notice that you just so happen to be happening upon the sections relevant to your interests.
>You pick up a few books on history, recent and ancient. You pick up one or two books on the various mythology's of the three tribes (something you hadn't been expecting, honestly).
>You also find a book on proper writing techniques, and another that details something called calligraphy, supposedly the art of writing. You've never heard of it, but it might prove useful.
>You now find yourself with more books that you can carry, and set them all in a neat stack on the floor.

TBC
>>
>>28837522

>You also decide against trying to hide the book from Goldheart. Chances are she won't remember anything about it, same as you.
>It occurs to you that Golet has been following you silently the whole time, not her usual talkative self.

"Golet? Are you okay?"

>...Golet okay, Master. Same mares scare Golet. Make Golet feel weak and ungood. No understand. Same mares scary."

"Yeah, they are a bit scary Golet. But let's try not to worry about them. Let's focus on something else. Would you like to read with me when we return to the barracks?"

>Excitement and happiness return to her small frame.

>"Golet want read! Golet like learn!"

"Good, I'm glad! You and I are going to do a bit of learning together later."

>"No can wait! Want learn with Master!"

>You're endeared by her renewed enthusiasm. A sad Golet isn't something you enjoy seeing.
>But now that you've solved that issue, you've got the issue of how exactly you're going to get all these books to where you need to get them.
>Hell, you don' even know where you need to get them.
>>
>>28837608
Ring the bell. Kindly ask if they could lead us to Goldheart. Or maybe get us saddlebags.
>>
>>28837451
Why do you want Goldheart to know?

She's just going to try and manipulate us further in the future, and if she can't get us directly she'd likely try and mess with whomever else we know. It'd kinda suck for romancing don't you think?

She's been born and raised in a political environment, I don't doubt she wouldn't lie, cheat or steal to do what she wants.
>>
>>28837769
>Why do you want Goldheart to know?
Because I would feel bad sneaking it out since it's technically her job. Kinda.
>>
Pausing for reasons, be back later
>>
>>28837800
Maybe we can tell the Belles to tell her that for us as we whisk away.
>>
BEEP BEEP
>>
>>28840563
>>
bed bump
>>
Blump
>>
Blimp
>>
Golet is best waifu.
>>
Bemp
>>
Orich a cute
>>
Next session when?
>>
>>28848524
When Orich's illegible writing improves.
>>
>>28848524
________soon________
>>
>>28849168
_____noos_____
>>
boomp
>>
ded bump
>>
>>28854460
>Ded

Delet this
>>
>>28837608>>28837733
>>28837800

>You pull the bell from your bag and prepare to ring it.
>You feel Golet flush up against you, trying her hardest to be brave.
>You don't know what about the Belles makes her so nervous, but you'll have to find out one of sooner than later.
>For now though...

>DING

>"Does milord require assistance? Perhaps we-

>"Can carry his books for him?"

>"N-no, I can carry my books just fine. Or rather, I could if I had something to carry them in."

>"So a saddlebag is what milord desires?"

>"Then a saddlebag we shall provide."

>Before you can say anything, Celestebelle is fastening a fine set of black saddlebags to your flank.
>She places the books. eight in total, into the bags, but they don't get any heavier, oddly enough.

>"Would milord also like us to escort him to the forefront of the archives?"

>"The princess, she waits there, and holds the key to your exit."

>"Though not quite so literally. A gatekeeper, is more apt a title for her in these grand archives."

>"A guardian of the knowledge that lies within and watcher of all knowledge that leaves."

"So, Goldheart is essentially a librarian?"

>"Yes, Ghost Scribe, I am technically a librarian, though I would not use such a crude term to describe my position."
>"My duties are much grander and encompass a much larger scale than that."
>"Now please, give me wahtever books you have so that I may check them out."

>Slightly confused, you give Goldheart the books one by one.
>The Belles had somehow gotten you to the front of the library, once again transporting you somewhere without you knowing how they'd done it.
>You didn't feel like questioning it just this moment though.

>Goldheart goes through each book, looking at the title and presuambly writing it down in some kind of record.
>She gets to the book with the unreadable title and pauses.
>She's been halted completely by this book, and appears to be confused by it.

>"Ghost Scribe, where did you find this book?"

>Oh no.
>>
>>28854597
uh, tell her we found it in the collaborative magic section? it seemed pretty unique and interesting?
>>
>>28854597

"I, uh, found it in the collaborative magic section. It just seemed like an unique and interesting book."

>"While I would say that an empty tome in a library full of knowledge is unique, it's hardly interesting."

>Blank book?

>"If you wish to take it though, I won't object. In fact, keep it if you like, it has no place in these archives."

>She pushes the book and the others back towards you, and you place them in your saddlebags.
>As you do so, she glances at your bags, the confusion spreading across her face like a wildfire.

>"Did... did you have those bags when you came in here?"

"Y-yes I did. I just hadn't put them on yet so you didn't see them. Y-yeah."

>You can tell she doesn't believe you, but she can't seem to thnk of any other explanation for the bags.

>"If you say so, Ghost Scribe. I suppose I'll just have to pay closer attention so I don't miss things like that in the future. Much closer."
>"Exit is up the stairs to the right of me. Have a pleasant day, Ghost Scribe."

>You intend to, but the first step towards that pleasant day, is getting as far away from Goldheart as you can.
>You walk up the stairs until you hit a wall. Like literally hit it. With your face.
>You give the dead end a couple knocks and the wall opens up, a hidden doorway into and out of the archives.
>Stepping out you see that you've made your way back to the throne room. You suppose it would make sense for an entrance to the archives to sit inside here.
>You make your way to the front of the room, taking care not to be too noisy.
>As you're about to exit, you look back and see that Queen Silvertongue still rests on the throne.
>Except she's actually resting. Like asleep. At least, she looks to be that way.
>Maybe you should check up on her. Or maybe not. The Queen is barely a step above her daughter in terms of cordiality, and you'd rather not receive a tongue lashing for waking her.
>Then again... you are a Golden Sun, a servant of the crown.
>What to do?
>>
>>28855060
We don't have any particular reason to talk to her, do we? Should probably just take ton'berri her book.
>>
>>28855060
If she's resting, I suppose we shouldn't disturb her.
>>
>>28855060
Let's just leave.
>>
>>28855060 >>28855200
>>28855210 >>28855508

>You have no reason to talk to the queen. If she's resting she's resting.
>And besides, you've got other things to do.
>You push the door to the main hall open and start off for Starswirls room. You have the route almost memorized by this point.
>You knock on the door to Starswirls room and are quickly pulled in by Miss Ton'berri.
>You can see Starswirl is still practicing basic magic on the carcass.
>The carcass itself has clearly seen better days though.
>It's covered in so many cuts at this point as to be almost unrecognizable as a deer. It's a bit sickening to be honest.
>You don't get time to dwell on how gross it is though.

>"So did you find... find the... the book! The book, did you find it, that awful looking thing?"

>You pull it from your bag and watch her face light up as if she had just been reacquainted with an old friend.

>"What a wonderful wonderful sight this little number is. "Techniques of True Alignment Mastery." What a long time it's been."

>She gives the book a disapproving glare for a moment.

>"I still think it looks hideous. Thank you so much for getting this for me, Scribe. This will make it a bit easier for me to teach Starswirl all those things I had forgotten. This is a very dangerous book you know."

"How so?"

>"Within it's pages lie the deepest, most well-protected magical secrets of each alignment. Of course, only a true master of each respective art can read from that section of the book. Which is why I'll only be able to teach Starswirl white magic."
>...You know, the things I'm teaching Starswirl...he has great potential and is learning quickly, but.... I hate to drop this on you, but the king is sick. Frighteningly so."
>"I've tried all I can to heal him, and nothing comes of it. There is very little that cannot be healed by white magic. Which leads me to believe that he's been poisoned with someting quite unnatural."

TBC
>>
>>28855772

>Miss Ton'berri is dropping a lot of information on you faster than you can really react to it.
>So for the moment you're just sitting there, dumb faced.

>"I've only ever encountered unhealable poisons in one place. And that place is Negra Beliza. I hate to ask you this, Ghost Scribe, but I need you to go to Negra Beliza."

>Your still too dumbfounded to respond, but she sees the look of surprise on your face.

>"I'm sorry, Ghost Scribe, but you're the only pony I can ask. Lily knows her brother is sick, but her pride and whatever vendetta she has against me means that she won't listen to my advice."
>"Goldheart knows her father is sick, but is too self-absorbed to care."
>"And Queen Silvertongue has always been a useless little slag."
>"Which leaves me with you. You're the only pony I can trust with this information, no one else is even marginally aware of what might be wrong with the king."
>"I'd go myself, but, due to some rather unfortunate arguments between e and an old friend many years ago, I'm not allowed within the city walls."
>"I'm asking you to risk your life, I know, but we can't afford to lose our king. Silvertongue could never govern us with any kind of reliability, and Goldheart... well, the girl frightens me, and I shudder to think what she would do in a position of power."

"Miss Ton'berri, give me a moment, please! I need to process everything you just told me."

>"Y-yes, of course. Forgive me."

>The king is sick. Maybe dying? Quite possibly dying.
>Miss Ton'berri says she needs you to go Negra Beliza, a city famous not just for it's magical prowess, but its exceptionally cruel attitudes towards Earth ponies.
>Going there might very well mean risking your own life, but it would also mean potentially finding a cure for whatever ails the king.
>Then again... Miss Ton'berri could be entirely wrong.
>This is a tough one.Kind of annoying for her to just pull this from nowhere.
>But you have to give her an answer.
>>
>>28855896
How soon would you have me leave and what would I be looking for?
>>
>>28855896
One more question. What will happen of my duty as a Golden Sun? I'd hate to get into trouble as soon as I get back
>>
>>28855896>>28855954
>>28856102

>You suppose you don't really have a choice in this matter.
>You're not a risk taker when it comes to the lives of others, especially not the life of your king.

>"How soon would you have me leave and what would i be looking for?"

>She breaths a sigh of relief at your acceptance of her request.

>"Roughly a week from now, you'd be looking for a an old companion of mine. Not the one I fought with, the one who sent me all those supplies you saw the other day."
>"I can't tell you her name right now, but she'll be the mare with the overly large pointed cap. Trust me, you'll know her when you see her."
>"Through her, you should be able to get into contact with a pony by the name of Ebo Pelagius. He's an alchemist, and a skilled one at that. I can't say I know what ails his majesty, but whatever it is, Ebo will be able to cure it."
>"You'll be able to knock out quite a few birds with one stone on this trip. Through my friend, you should be able to come into contact with another of my acquaintances. You'll know her by the rose she keeps tucked in her mane."
>"And also-"

"Miss Ton'berri, I'm more than glad to help, but I must know, what will happen to my duties as a Golden Sun. I'd hate too get into trouble as soon as I get back."

>"Ah, but there's the beauty of this whole situation. As a Golden Sun, this will be your duty. I'll put in a request for more supplies from Negra Beliza. Aside from the royal family themselves, the only ponies allowed to enter that city are those belonging to the Golden Suns and the Scholars of Battle."
>"What with the rest of your unit on wall duty, you'll have to make the trip with some rather pretentious mages, but I'm sure you'll manage."
>"What say you, Ghost Scribe? Does this sound doable?"
>>
>>28856253
Consider it done, miss Ton'berri. In the meantime, I have much training and studying to do myself.
>>
>>28856253
As long as you can make sure I'll be the one who receives the order.

I don't suppose I could bring some friends along?
>>
>>28856590
>Aside from the royal family themselves, the only ponies allowed to enter that city are those belonging to the Golden Suns and the Scholars of Battle.
>>
>>28856253 >>28856282
>>28856590

"As long as you can be sure I'll be receiving the order, you can consider it done."
"Do you suppose I could bring a companion or two along, do you?"

>"Well, that's up to whoever is placed in charge of the operation. If Lily receives it, I doubt she'd deny you that request."
>"But if that she-devil-"

>"Lady Ton'berri, I did it! I healed them all!"

>Ton'berri's attention is pulled away from you, by your brother's excited exclamation.

>"Yes Starswirl, you did it. It took you roughly ten minutes to heal all those cuts. In that time, our little deer friend would have bled out twice over."

>"B-but, Lady Ton'berri-"

>"No buts, Starswirl. And just look at all this scarring! Absolutely deplorable."
>"This one's no good for cuts anymore, we'll have to get a new one tomorrow. Of course, that means we get to move on to my favorite part of healing: skeletal fractures and breaks."

"I'll, uh, talk to you both later."

>You rush out of the room, the mage and her apprentice, the fool, giving you a half hearted wave goodbye.
>You catch a wet snap as you close the door, and it sends a shiver down your spine.
>You've been given quite a bit to think about.
>And unfortunately, you only have a few days to think about it.
>The day is hardly half way through and already you are quite tired.
>You think you had something to do, but with Goldheart, and the deer carcass, and whatever the hell was up with the Belles, you were prepared to call it a day.
>Whatever it was could probably wait until tomorrow.
>Couldn't it?
>>
>>28857458
We did have an unfinished conversation with Brutus didn't we?

Also, if we're going on assignment we should ask if we can use our personal weapon to fight at our best.
>>
>>28857458
I say we should just to to our barracks and read. Just read and relax with Golet.
>>
>>28857458
we need to make golet stronger if we go there, the ponies there could probably summon scary things.
>>
>>28857632
But then again they will probably be able to see Golet and that might make trouble. Maybe we should leave her here?
>>
>>28857709
We would be defenceless without a spirit though, I doubt even Lily can win against something like what Starswirl summoned.
>>
>>28857739
Think about it though. If we, an earthpony, show up with a summon in Negra Beliza where they're supposed to be the only ones with summons it might get us into deep shit.
>>
>>28857751
I suppose that's true, we can leave golet with Starswirl or Orich while we're there I suppose.
I wonder how Orich is at fighting, it would probably be better to have friends who can see spirits there...
>>
>>28857775
I say we tell Golet that until we get back her job is to protect Starswirl.
>>
>>28857830
That's a good plan.
>>
>>28857458
I'd say consult with Brutus and Rose before bed.

As for Golet, I wonder if she can hide while we're there. I find myself doubting it, we might just have to depend on our armor and whatever weapon we have. I agree with the others, assign her to watch over Starswirl while we're away.
>>
>>28857458 >>28857474 >>28857561
>>28857632 >>28857709 >>28857739
>>28857751 >>28857775 >>28857830
>>28857895 >>28858608

>You remember a couple of conversations that went unfinished earlier.
>Actually, they were never even properly started. The talks you'd tried to have with Rain and Brutus had ended before they started.
>But no matter. There was always tomorrow.
>For now, you just wanted to relax. So with saddlebags at your side and duffel on your back, you made your way out of the castle.
>So much was swirling through your head as you stepped through the gates out into the city.
>The rest of the world was silent to you, as you pondered and stewed all that you had been told.
>The fillies and colts playing their simple games, went unnoticed.
>The guards who would wave at you, some giving the occasional salute. But you did not acknowledge them.
>Weathervane, when he tried to talk your ear off about love and romance and how he and Private Jane were most certainly an item, he to was ignored.
>So absorbed in your own though were you that you didn't even notice when you bumped into a certain black maned, purple coated mare.
>Nor did you notice how she picked up a particular letter that had fallen from your bag, and upon reading a note written upon it's back, been filled with elation.
>Her heart skipped a beat, but you did not see it. All you could see was what was in front of you. And right now, the only thing in front of you was a pleasant book and a comfortable bed in the barracks.
>And as you lay there, book in hoof and Golet at your side, you think about how drastically your life has managed to change in the last couple of weeks alone.
>You had never expected to become somepony of importance, and yet here you were, assisting in a plan to save the kings life.
>Golet would likely have to stay behind, but she didn't have to know that just yet.
>For now you were content to just lay with her.

>Content to just lay and read...
>>
Paused til Sunday for work reasons. These last few posts felt a little rushed to me and I don't know if it shows. Let me know what you guys think,
>>
>>28858731
They seem fine to me, but then, I've been running a story in another thread the past few days myself and am playing catch-up. Black maned, purple coated mare... Hm.

The errant love note seems a hair random perhaps but I'll allow it on technical grounds.

Pick back up whenever you can, Mora, looking forward to it.
>>
>>28854605
>yet
>>
Unlock cheat sheet.
>>
>>28858715
The fuck? Did you just breeze by us giving back Rain the letter? Why the hell did you do that?! That was kinda fucking important to properly speak to her about our brother if you ask me. There's doing things to save time and progress then there's skipping shit altogether! God damn.
>>
>>28860208
It's not gonna get breezed over I just didn't want you guys to worry about giving her the letter, given all the shit I just threw at you to chew on. You can still choose to converse with her, but that's up to you guys. I'm not going to put you on a rail towards a talk with her, that would be wrong.
>>
>>28860339
Well, first off I didn't want to give her the letter today. I wanted to at least wait until tomorrow because I really had it on my mind to speak with her. You assumed what the player wanted and just went ahead and did it for us.
>>
>>28861001
>>
So, who COULD come with us, if scribe was allowed to bring friends?
>>
>>28863471
Isn't Rain from Negra Belize? We could ask her. Would give us a good reason to go see her too.
>>
>>28863828
I don't think she'll want to go there though, she seems to have ponies there looking for her or something.
>>
>>28864479
Maybe Starswirl then? He could come and learn a thing or two while we avoid... whatever's it is we'd be avoiding.
>>
>>28865277
I'm kinda worried that for him, but I suppose bringing him is an option, do we leave Golet with Orich instead if we so that?
>>
>>
10 again
>>
>>28858715

>You wake up to find a book splayed open on your face and Golet resting peacefully at your side.
>You hadn't been aware that spirits were capable of rest until now, but it's good to know.
>It's a bit unsettling to see something sleep with the steady rise and fall indicative of breath, but she looks peaceful.
>As you bring yourself to a fully awakened state, stretching and yawning and limbering up, you notice something strange.
>For the past few days, Captain Lily's screeches had been your alarm, waking you for another day of training.
>Today, not a peep. Peculiar.
>No matter though. Maybe you had managed to wake up before her. Maybe you could surprise her by getting a head start on your training for the day!
>After you rouse Golet and fix up your bed, you rush outside, eager to show the captain how prepared you are.
>But the only pony in the courtyard is Weathervane.
>He's just sitting in the middle of the yard, staring at the sky.
>The blades the captain had been using to train you lay parallel on the ground, a few feet from him.
>>
>>28867626
Uh, go ask him what's he doing?
>>
>>28867626
>>28867852
Sorry for that weak-ass prompt.

>You walk up to him, but he doesn't seem to notice your approach.

"Weathervane? May I ask what you're doing?"

>He looks away from the sky, directing his gaze to the blades.

>"Well, I was enjoying a little quiet time. But, now you're awake, so I have to do what I was asked now."

"And what were you asked to do, exactly?"

>He sighs heavily and cranes his neck in a circular motion.

>"The captain can't make it today for whatever reason, so it's my job to train you. What were you working on again?"

"Um, It was... mouth based sword combat, I think she called it."

>Weathervane perks up at hearing that.

>"Mouth, you say? Well then that makes me see this situation a bit differently."

>He picks himself up, making his way to the blades, and you mirror him.

>"You see, I'm not the most skilled, combat wise, but if there's one thing I know how to use, it's my mouth."
>"Do you catch my meaning, Private Scribe?"

>Your eyes shift uncomfortably, refusing to meet his gaze.

"I, uh, I'm afraid I don't, Weathervane."

>But you quickly do as Weathervane picks up his weapon.
>As he stooops his head lower, his tongue extends out of his mouth.
>You think nothing of it for a moment... until it wraps itself around the hilt of a blade.
>Everytime you think it's about to stop, the tongue just keeps growing. It coils itself completely around the hilt until nothing is visible except a fleshy pink.
>Through the whole process, he stares at you, unblinkingly, unflinchingy, until his tongue quickly retracts, bringing the blade to his mouth.
>He gives you a wink as he activates his armor, the nature of the armor only accentuating his already incredibly mare-like features.
>His actions, combined with the toad-like appearance of his armor, send a shiver down your spine.
>Your armor activates in rsponse.

>"I can see I've already got you a bit bothered. Pick up your blade and I'll help you work through those nerves."
>>
Do you guys want to play a fight with Weathervane, Yea or nay?

I could skip over it if you'd rather not waste time.
>>
>>28868042
dat tongue... unf

>>28868049
I would say yea, but it's 4a.m. and I need sleep, so other players should choose.
>>
>>28868042
I... i-is that a unicorn thing or...?

I say skip over the training.
>>
Pausing to eat and to wait for more players to show up. Sunday's a slow day, eh?
>>
I'm back and will upadte in a minute. I'm gonna just skip the fight, not like it would have added much
>>
>>28868042 >>28868104
>>28868153

>You nervously pick up your blade, and take a battle ready stance.
>The look Weathervane is giving you is really throwing you off, but you shake it from your mind.

>Through the blade in his mouth, Weathervane tries to relay a message.

>"Naow, tha capfain shaid training ish done when you land ten blowsh. Ready?"

>You nod, not eager to attempt speech through the hilt of a blade.

>"En garde. Allez!"

XXX

>You land the tenth blow, and you and Weathervane alike nearly collapse into the dirt.
>The blades drop from your mouth as you huff and puff.
>It didn't take nearly as long as you thought it would, but Weathervanes spry movements and bizarre tongue based swordplay have left you both exhausted.

"So I...uh, i-is that tongue thing a unicorn thing or...?"

>"No...no... it's a me thing. All Weathervane. Born with it, you see. My nan says there's some giraffe somewhere in my ancestry, but she's real fond of her tall tales."
>"Anyway, I'd say that's good for the day. You've got the swing of it, no pun intended, though you could stand to strain your neck a bit less."
>"I, uh, I'm going to wash up at the bathhouse. This session of ours has left my mane and coat in absolute disarray."
>"... You know, looking at you, I'd say you could use a good cleansing too. Would you care to join me?"

Feel free to refuse or accept but if you refuse, please specify what you'd like to do next.
>>
>>28868906
No thank you Weathervane.

I would like to go speak with Miss Rain but I'm not going to be able to participate for the next three hours.
>>
Pausing since no ones around
>>
>>28869481
life calls me away. I can't come back tonight and I'll be busy for the next few days, so leave your responses and let the thread die. Sorry about the non-session
>>
>>28868906
...would that be with or without the tongue?

Gayest post so far Mora. Seriously though, is Weathervane into stallions at all?
>>
>>28869562
Do you actually want me to answer or are you just postulating? If you're serious I'd be happy to answer without providing any spoilers.
>>
>>28869671
Serious answer please. He sounds like Donut form RvB
>>
>>28869723
He's a very soft bisexual. That's as much as I can give you without getting spoilery.
>>
>>28869562
I would like to support the innuendo line.

>spoiler
has got my cuirosity
>>
>>28869562
I would rather not because I don't want Scribe to be gay.
>>
>>28870682
Well I'm open to Scribe being with anyone, but at the moment the choices of mares are rather lacking in sanity. Rain is busy looking at Swirly while Ton'berri is too old and married to her work
>>
>>28868906
Accept the offer, doing anything else while all dirty is just disgusting.
>>
>>28868906
Go get a sensual tongue-bath from our talented friend. Why not enjoy life to the fullest.

Plus these particular mares need to know you're the type with options, so they work for it harder.
>>
>>28871173
And Lily?

>>28872406
Bath sure, but please no to the tounge bath.
>>
>>28872813
She's still a masochistic nihilist. But she's open about it. Still kinda crazy though. Sure, its not really much of her fault, but crazy is crazy.
>>
>>28872936
I think she's worth giving a chance.
>>
>>28873385
I agree. I say Lily deserves a chance.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.