[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I've finally figured it out. When the show first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

I think I've finally figured it out.

When the show first aired, pretty much everything mainstream was dark and sad. It was like a trend. I mean, one of the most popular shows was Breaking Bad, a show about a man with cancer who becomes a drug producer to pay for his treatment. When MLP appeared it was a genuinely happy and comfy show, something quite unusual, and many oldfags liked it for that very reason alone. It was their only chance to see something as optimistic.

Fast forward, 2016. Now there are other comfier shows out there. Not just comfier than the later seasons, but even comfier than season 1. I think MLP was in fact the catalyst that made networks realize that there were people wanting to watch comfy shows, and they did it even better (MLP was an accident, after all). Anyway, anyone who knew those new shows before MLP wouldn't find anything especial in this show. So, to make the show more "interesting" for new audiences, the new writers and the rest of the new crew decided to make the show "funnier" and more "mature", even if that meant making it way less comfier.

I think that's the reason why some people like so much this season. It's also the reason why some other people think this season was awful, it literally gave up on the main thing that made us love the show. What do you think?
I mean, besides the fact that I'm a faggot, which is a given.
>>
>>28778688
Besides the fact that you're a faggot? Not much, really. I really like horse.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1024x1331px)
image.png
1MB, 1024x1331px
God dammit OP I'm too tired for this.

Yeah, I agree pretty much 100 percent.

Since I don't really have anything else to say, have a cute picture.
>>
>>28778688
I think it is also because of the way MLP has switched writers and directors, who have different views of what to do with the show.
Hasbro interference getting a bigger thing may also be a contributing factor.
>>
>>28778700
along other things, this
>>
File: 1477638437780.png (74KB, 480x610px) Image search: [Google]
1477638437780.png
74KB, 480x610px
>>28778694
>I really like horse.
Do you think "we" don't? I'm not being defensive, I'm curious.
>>
I think it's because you're sad and lonely people and latched onto any community that would accept you

Nothing to do with "the darkness of the world" or whatever bullshit
>>
>>28778940
>threadly shitter anon who must be contrarion
project your own issues elsewhere
>>
>>28778688
I think you're overplaying MLP's 'uniqueness' in regards to being "genuinely happy and [redacted]" and a catalyst.
It's a kids show. Dime a dozen.
People latched onto it mostly because it was okay for a /little girls/ show.

You're also a faggot. I don't mean that endearingly, either.
>>
>>28778688
Calling bs on this

Nice theory tho not just random spaghetti as usual however the reason the new seasons suck is the result of bad writing not because of "mature" contend
>M6 are pointless
>Marysue is the new main cast
>we still have not experienced any world building of thr pony realm
Fuck your las pegasus shit
>the existence of the cmc is justified by some stupid exmachina crap
>characters get altered just to create jew issues and """"worthy"""" story's

All in all mlp sucks fucking ass atm but i hope shit's gonna get wraped up soon, don't wanna see this abomination keep going like this
>>
>>28780476
>the existence of the cmc is justified by some stupid exmachina crap
I agree on everything else, but why is this a problem? The existence of the Elements is some stupid exmachina chap too, and there's a parallelism between the way the mane 6 and the way the CMC got their cutie marks. I think they intentionally tried to made both groups similar, specifically to justify the existence of the CMC.
If you listed this along with some things that I consider serious issues, I guess it's because you think this is a problem too. But what makes it so different to the existence of the Mane 6 for it to be a problem?
>>
File: nyx_daw_by_bronyboy-d49m2s0.png (73KB, 900x518px) Image search: [Google]
nyx_daw_by_bronyboy-d49m2s0.png
73KB, 900x518px
Bump for more Nyx.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.