[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like an Equestria Girls series would work if it dialed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

I feel like an Equestria Girls series would work if it dialed up the comedy and tried to develop its characters differently from their Equestria counterparts.

It should still have world and lore building, but not so much that it loses its clearly more comedic tone than the show. I feel EQG will work better if it becomes a sandbox for any ridiculous ideas that might not work in the show.
>>
>>28775344
Sure.
Its almost like unmolded clay right now. They could take an EG series anywhere. The only thing they have to go off right now is the powers so that suggests some action and fighting but Sunsets power suggests more lore and story.

Either way, I'm hyped.
>>
>>28775382
I hope they change the design of the girls a little... Those long legs bother me.
>>
>>28775394
They might do the designs of the minis.
>>
>>28775344
>loses its clearly more comedic tone than the show
lolwhat?
the show has 24/26 episodes just with humor and "today i have learned" lessons, while the movies barely are able to squeeze jokes in due to its limited timeframe. And i'm glad for that, the setting of both the series and the movies allow for far more than just jokes and life lessons
>>
>>28775420
I am thinking the series would be way more comedic and action focused than the show would.
>>
>>28775398
That is basically the same long legs. They just pedoed it up a little.
>>
File: 1477598234685.png (777KB, 780x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1477598234685.png
777KB, 780x1020px
>>28775398
>Might use the mini models
They got a lot of negative feedback from those. I highly doubt it.
You dont fix what isn't broken and Hasbro/DHX knows that.
>>
>>28775394
>Those long legs bother me.
What are you, gay?
>>
>>28775468
Kinda yeah...
>>
File: Impossibru-1287339853_400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Impossibru-1287339853_400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>28775394
>Those long legs bother me
Fuck you, I like the style. It's different and still masturbatable unlike other western cartoons who have styles that are creepy
>>
File: tumblr_m2yqdjIBM01qiu57yo1_500.jpg (132KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2yqdjIBM01qiu57yo1_500.jpg
132KB, 500x717px
>>28775394
>Those long legs bother me.
What you just said is so wrong that we're going to have to dock you from the amount of years you claim to have watched animated television.
>>
I hope the writers have the balls to go all out with the story, even if it's clichéd or just altogether silly.

Kinda like how Sailor Moon back in the 90s did it.
>>
>>28775344
I agree. Eqg could actually be really funny and charming if it focused on sitcom antics and cute girls being cute. The whole magic system seems arbitrary and nowhere near as well thought-out as the magic in FIM, which (at least theoretically) has clearly defined rules, hierarchies, requirements, and counters. EQG has conveniently inserted whatever magical rules are necessary to force a belabored monster of the week showdown. It's lazy, it's boring, and I feel like it plays directly against the strength of the license; that being an ensemble cast of strong, likeable characters with realistic interpersonal issues. Whereas the human versions *should* be more relatable than the fantasy talking animals, the amount of screen time wasted on magic monster nonsense is at the expense of dialogue, jokes, character development, pretty dresses, and anything else that might make me actually want to spend time with these characters.
>>
>>28776291
Yeah definitely, I was thinking that or Totally Spies or Freakazoid.
>>
>>28776580
I think Winx managed to be the limit of an arbitrary magic system. And they had to beat Yugioh, the Disney Princesses, and the Wiccan religion to get to the top spot on THAT list! EQG just sort of stumbles in and gets the "win the day" magic handed to them via glowing eyes and new appendages.
>>
>>28776923
To be fair Winx Club also has a lot more than just one form of magic. Don't they have robots in their series and technomagic too?
>>
Why are you still acting like Equestria Girls is good? Or do you actually watch that shit?

If you're not a little girl, then you are either super desperate for more fap material or a genuine manchild if you claim more of that shit needs to be made. Or both.

I was going to jokingly suggest watching Monster High or Winx Club if you want a series with the entertainment value of Equestria Girls but it seems like some of you weirdos already do.

/mlp/ gives me the shivers sometimes, you never fail to creep me the fuck out
>>
>>28777090
>Watching a little girls' show about magical ponies is one thing, but watching other cartoons aimed at little girls is totally creepy and crosses a line!

On that note, does anyone like LoliRock? I haven't finished it, but so far it somehow manages to be brutally formulaic without getting tedious. Tabitha St. Germaine damn near steals the show as the comedy sidekick while Ashleigh Ball holds down the serious sidekick. The main girl's voice is unconventional and way cute, too.
>>
>>28775344

I feel like it would work if there was more nudity

SUNSET SHIMMER STUFFS HER BRA
>>
>>28777090
Monster High and Winx Club are actually improved over Equestria Girls in some ways.
>>
>>28777090
>He's so autistic he doesn't realize what he wrote also applies to FiM.
Ponyfags should look themselves on the mirror before claiming shit about what they don't know.
>>
>>28777298
I am not sure if I will like it but it does look pretty.
>>
>>28775468
>>28775571
>lol long legs are sexy fags
The EQG torsos are about two heads tall and the legs are three heads tall if I remember correctly. In art terms we call that "out of goddamned proportion". It's not "sexy long legs" it's "legs like a basketball player attached to the body of a small child".
>>
>>28779570
Yeah man, that's why I like FiM so much the proportions are spot on.
>>
>>28779577
They're cartoon horses rather than humans you sperg. Your brain is naturally designed to better grasp when people look messed up.

Even so, ponies are roughly three heads tall, and the legs are roughly the height of the body, so they are actually proportioned alright.

Three heads tall legs versus two heads tall torsos is a huge difference and kind of a major fuck up.
>>
File: 14539344468043.png (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14539344468043.png
166KB, 1280x720px
>>28779631
>>
>>28779570
she's 3 heads tall now, is this better?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.