[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Let's try not to hate him because memes edition Come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 50

File: IMG_0132.jpg (29KB, 431x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0132.jpg
29KB, 431x512px
>Let's try not to hate him because memes edition

Come here to talk about Spike, if you hate him, give a legitimate reason why.
I think we can all agree he was pretty good this season, better than the past at least.
>>
File: 1364351242152.png (123KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1364351242152.png
123KB, 700x1024px
You Spikefags carry on trucking. Show may be hard on you guys, and even the mane 6 but "take care of yourself, kid, 'cause someone really cares about you."
>>
I don't hate him. His fans are absolute cancer though.
>>
>>28765971
Spike has fans?
>>
Anyone else realize that he's hoarding political influence?
>>
>>28765971
They only even exist because people were shitposting so hard that some people gave him another look.
>>
>>28766009
Yes. Spike is possibly the most politically powerful being in the world right now.
>>
>>28766009
>>28766025
No he isn't

>B-but
No it doesn't matter about the people he put in power, especially when said people rule a different government than the one he resides in. He is a national hero yes, but he's no more of a political figure than say the CMC.
>>
>>28765926
He was the best part of this season.
>>
>>28766115
He is best friends with the ruler of the changlings, I'd say that gives him a nice amount of political influence.
>>
>>28766176
But it doesn't. That's like saying the President of the USA has political power in the UK, because him and the king and queen are best buds. For Spike to have political power in the political game, he must first be apart of it. No one is going to as for Spike when asking for trade between the Changlings and Equestria, because he's not in that position to broker it in the first place, and it would go straight to Celestia or Luna.
>>
>>28766176
>>28766227
Ember and Thorax owe their entire thrones to him. Their power came from him.
>>
>>28766455
>"WOW, [STARLIGHT GLIMMER] WE CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CONVERTED ALL CHANGELINGS TO GOOD"

Watch something along the lines of that happen.
>>
>>28766455
Still doesn't mean shit. He has no power anywhere, he is not the ruler, they are, and all of their power goes to themselves not to Spike.
>>
>>28765971
>>28765995
see shit like
>>28766025
>>28766176
>>28766455

this level of delusion isn't even worth cringing at, it's just fucking sad
>>
>>28766526
It's speculation man, I'm not sure what you find so cringey about it. Everyone does it for everything.
>>
I got a crap ton of Spike merch including a lifesize plushie.

I just don't know where to put it all.
>>
>>28765958
everyone may be ignoring you but you're not all bad
>>
>>28766518
The point isn't that he has fucking power, I don't understand why it is so hard for you to get this, he lives with the princess of friendship, who has direct relations with Celestia and Luna. He is loved so much in the crystal empire to the point where ponies expect him to save them over the royal gaurd. And he is the one who helped thorax, and is good friends with him. This all DOESNT mean he has "power" it means he has influence, his word matters to all of these inportant figures. He wouldn't just be ignored at this point. I haven't even touched on the fact that he put Ember in charge, if their friendship remains, what he says will likely matter to her as well. Plus don't forget, he already influenced the dragons politically in his favor by putting her in charge, it benefits him because it will protect where he lives and his friends. I seriously don't understand how someone can have their head so far up their ass that they can't see this.
>>
File: Twisparity.png (552KB, 1280x944px) Image search: [Google]
Twisparity.png
552KB, 1280x944px
How can anyone really hate this guy?
>>
>>28766912
I find it uncomfortable Twilight is there, it is basically incest.
>>
>>28766877
So, in other words, friendship is magic.
>>
>>28766877
Yeah, it isn't about power I would guess. Influence is a better word. And honestly if he were to say something to Ember or Thorax they would listen.

>>28766837
Take pics.
>>
File: IMG_0133.gif (181KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.gif
181KB, 500x281px
>>28766912
They aren't biologically related...
>>
File: 567585868.png (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
567585868.png
199KB, 1280x720px
>>28765926
I hate him because he's a beta male and unlike Discord, he can't get laid.
>>
>>28766970
pol's that way
>>/pol/
>>
>>28766989
IDK how interboard links work here
>>
>>28766877
And this is why people don't like Spikefags. So one more time.

> This all DOESNT mean he has "power" it means he has influence

It means he has neither. This is how it goes, ruler think about their people first and foremost, people under their rulers only listen to their rulers. If Spike is neither then his word means nothing to anyone, because the people wouldn't follow it, and the ruler won't consider it, because Spike is a foreigner.

>Foreigner

Is the key word here Spikefag. He knows nothing about the Changlings and the Dragons. Nothing about their polices, their culture, laws, ideology, nothing. He can't advise anything because he knows nothing about the people he's trying to advise, making the ruler even less likely to follow his advise, and the people pissed if a law pass that they don't agree with.

>But they'll teach him.

Why would they? He's a foreigner, with no ties to the culture that they are trying to teach him, when they can make up and pass laws on their own without him.

> he lives with the princess of friendship, who has direct relations with Celestia and Luna

Being friends with royalty doesn't mean shit, otherwise Twilight has power and influence in the Crystal Empire, guess what, she doesn't.

>He is loved so much in the crystal empire to the point where ponies expect him to save them over the royal guard.

He's a national hero, there are thousand of real life national heroes that was granted military positions with high honors. That still does not make them a political figure in any regard.

You have your head so far up your own as that you don't even know what you're talking about, then you want to get mad at me for telling you how it actually works. Take a walk Spikefag.
>>
>>28767018
Pretty sure foreigners in the show are retarded and needed ponies or at least a pony educated dragon to show them the proper way.
>>
Anyone else wanna tongue Spike's butthole until he cums?
>>
File: Delicious.jpg (54KB, 606x376px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.jpg
54KB, 606x376px
>>28767018
And here comes the 'Anti-Spikefag' fag. Just go to another thread if you hate it here so much and quit taking up half my screen with your melodramatic whining.
>>
File: Twi n' Spike.png (153KB, 601x618px) Image search: [Google]
Twi n' Spike.png
153KB, 601x618px
We cute Spike thread now
>>
>>28767081
Don't hate either, but you overblow everything about him.

>WAAAH Spike has shit episodes.
He has at best two shit episodes.

>GOF is the best episode this season.
Not according to the recent poll.

>Spike has all of the political power.
And he doesn't.

If you get so butthurt over nothing, then people are going to continue to make you butthurt with the smallest of things.
>>
>>28767154
I would argue he has 4 shit episodes.

Owl's Well that Ends Well
Dragon Quest
Spike at Your Service
Princess Spike

However I feel he had some pretty great ones too like A Dog and Pony Show, Secret of My Excess, Power Ponies, and Inspiration Manifestation.
>>
File: Halloween.png (353KB, 904x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Halloween.png
353KB, 904x1024px
>>28767154
Dude, why are you still here. post cute stuff or gtfo.
>>
File: Spike and Starlight.png (1MB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
Spike and Starlight.png
1MB, 1280x915px
This season was certainly better than S5 where he was a mute except for that disaster 'Princess Spike'. More importantly, Spike showed maturity as well as friendships outside of Twilight's circle of friends. I really liked the buddy-buddy relationship he and Starlight seem to have.
>>
>>28767172
>4 shit episodes
>Owl's Well that Ends Well
>Dragon Quest
>Spike at Your Service

>3 out of the 4 episodes provide character building plots
>bad

nigga, you're an idiot, plain and simple
>>
>>28767018
Apparently you don't know how politics actually work, Rulers often need someone to listen, a blind ear, to share their thoughts, look it up mate, it happens all the time. Spike living with twilight would make him more likely to be the one she asks for an opinion from. Yeah she could ask one of the other mane six, but she does LIVE in a castle with him and has showed she trusts him like in princess spike. Then there is Spike and Thorax and Ember. He is their best connection to the ponies, try to argue that, you think the few moments Celestial spoke to Thorax are better than spike being his first friend? Spikes friends are in high places, and as I said, they would take his word seriously, I'm not saying he's going to fucking rule along side them or some automatic shit, he just has influence, and he has influenced things before as instated in my last post, so maybe go read it again because I'm not wasting my time writing it again
>>
File: IMG_0126.jpg (83KB, 1047x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126.jpg
83KB, 1047x596px
>mfw there is already a war
>>
File: 1458741920808.gif (457KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1458741920808.gif
457KB, 390x293px
>>28766970
Discord get laid with the least assertive door mat in Ponyville. Nothing to brag about.

Spike is aiming at bigger goals. Either a very famous and known for her beauty fashionista. Or a fearsome and respected dragon warrior Princess.

And since Disord has more abilities to impress every woman and Spike has nothing, i think overall Discord>Spike when it comes to real swag comparison.
>>
>>28767777
I meant Spike>Discord
>>
Can we agree Spike is best shota?
>>
File: Sparember.jpg (191KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
Sparember.jpg
191KB, 800x820px
>>28767799
Well duh..
>>
I only liked Gauntlet of Fire as the only good Spike episode but still, he's still better than nay CMC episodes. These are real cancer along with GLimmer.
>>
>>28767250
>>28767191
dsana is amazing.
>>
>>28767191
fine faggot.

>Apparently you don't know how politics actually work
More so than you apparently.

> Spike living with twilight would make him more likely to be the one she asks for an opinion from.
Yes Twilight, a ruler in Equstria, raised on pony culture, just like Spike. But the thing is, if she wants to ask how to rule, she'll ask the other Princess before her friends or Spike, as the show has shown before with S4 and S5.

You want to know who Thorax would ask? He would ask another Changling before considering Spike. And Ember would ask another Dragon. Neither first thought would be "hey lets ask the one person who knows nothing about my people advise on how to rule said people." They would ask one of their own, or multiply people to judge how to better run their nation, before thinking of Spike.

> He is their best connection to the ponies, try to argue that,

I will. He is not their best connection to ponies, their Princesses are. Spike isn't a Prince, Princess, or even a diplomat. He is the assistant of one of them, and that role has no influence what so ever. Notice how the Yaks came to Princess Twilight for court, and not Spike.

>But the Yaks aren't friends with Spike.
That doesn't matter. If you want diplomatic relationships with another nations, you go to their rulers. Not their friends, not your friend in court, the ruler.
>>
>>28766115
Ember is pretty much a puppet ruller.
>>
>>28766518
He has no offical power but he has the ear of both ember and thorax advisors have a lot of power

And to a limited extent he can speak for the princess of friendship
>>
File: Sparember.jpg (234KB, 1224x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sparember.jpg
234KB, 1224x1024px
>>28768009
Wrong anon. I think you want
>>28767585
>>
>>28767018
Do you not remember at the end of the ember episode that ember was gonna teach twilight all about dragon culture.
Spikes gonna read up on all that shit.
>>
>>28766970
Discord and fluttershy are just friends.
Somebody else is the father.

Discord fucked a cat in the comics though
>>
>>28768009
>You want to know who Thorax would ask? He would ask another Changling before considering Spike. And Ember would ask another Dragon.
But the dragons are looking to overhaul there culture they need spike for that as a template to work from.
>>
When will Spike just be crowned Prince already?
>>
File: large6.png (995KB, 1267x1014px) Image search: [Google]
large6.png
995KB, 1267x1014px
>>28768045
Yes and no. the picture was for him, the rant was for the other one.

>>28768058
He still doesn't like them, so moot point.

>>28768078
Why would they overhaul their whole culture. Somethings are going to change, but you don't need Spike for that, just by opening up trade you've have change Dragon culture.
>>
>>28768125
Spike was the one who changed Ember, and Ember changed everything about dragons. She will ask him about anything.
>>
>>28768145
But she didn't change everything about dragons, in fact she never said that

>Dragon Lord Torch: Ember? You?!
>Princess Ember: I know you didn't think I could do it, but I did.
>Dragon Lord Torch: I expressly told you not to do it, because you're not—!
>Princess Ember: I'm not big and strong. I know. But you know what? I won anyway. So maybe it takes more than just being big and strong to be a good Dragon Lord!
>Dragon Lord Torch: I was wrong, Ember. You might not be big, but you are strong and smart, and perhaps that counts for more than I thought. And you will make an excellent leader.
>Princess Ember: Thanks, dad. [to dragons] Agree with him! Just kidding! That's not gonna be my thing.
>Dragon Lord Torch: [laughing] Dragons, hear me! I present to you our new Dragon Lord, Ember!
>[dragons cheering]
>Dragon Lord Torch: [to Garble] Hm? What is the meaning of this?
>Garble: I can't tell you!
>Princess Ember: [laughs]
>>
>>28766917
But that's what makes it so hot.
>>
>>28768219
Kek, come on man, the whole point spike put her in charge was because he knew she would change the dragons ways
>>
>>
>>28768293
And in his own words

>Spike: The Dragon Lord is whoever brings the scepter back to your father! Besides, you'll make a great leader. I was just doing this to protect the ponies. But I know you'll protect them just as well as I would have.

Yes Ember is going to change some thing. It doesn't mean she's going to change everything.
>>
>>28768323
She's going to rule in the exact ways that he would have because she already was thinking similarly to him.
>>
>>28768323
And there you have it, you've now proven yourself wrong onion the point you had been trying to make. Although she won't change everything, she will change some things, so SPIKE influenced her and the dragons, which proves that in the very least, he has some influence in equestria, and since this happen, it would not be unbelievable to think it could happen with Thorax.
>>
>>28768336
Not on the aspect of being friendly with ponies or having friends, the only thing different she was thinking was "I may be small, but I have smarts"
>>
>>28768336
But they don't.

>Princess Ember: You sure about this?
>Spike: Absolutely. My home is in Equestria with my friends.
>Princess Ember: Well, you'll have at least one friend here too. What are you doing?
>Spike: It's called a hug!
>Princess Ember: Oh. I don't know if I like it. But... okay.
>>
>>28768349
How have I proven myself wrong? He influenced her with his personality, not his standing on any political matter, so no I'm not wrong.
>>
>>28766129
he was pretty good in season 5 too. It's like they're actually learning how to write him.
>>
>>28768369
But by doing this, it HAS influenced the dragons politically
>>
>>28765926
I liked Spike when he wasn't the focus. Then he got focus episodes and I started to dislike him because he's stupid.
Like, not even little kid stupid.
He's ok now, I guess.
>>
>>28768385
But it didn't. Did he influence Ember before she became the Dragon Lord, yes. But I already posted Embers last lines of the show, and they have nothing to do with dragon policies other then she won't force people to obey her. And once again It was his personality that changed her ideology, not his standing in Equestria.
>>
>>28768427
It still is influence
>>
>>28768473
So we went from

>>28766455
>Ember and Thorax owe their entire thrones to him. Their power came from him.

>>28766176
>He is best friends with the ruler of the changlings, I'd say that gives him a nice amount of political influence.

>>28768034
>He has no offical power but he has the ear of both ember and thorax advisors have a lot of power

>And to a limited extent he can speak for the princess of friendship

To personal influence. Good job guys. So I'm just going to end it here, and go back to posting pictures. Yes Spike has personal influence, no Spike doesn't have any political influence. If Ember, or Thorax want to change a law or w/e, the go through their own people. If they want diplo relationship with the ponies, they got to the Princesses. If they want to make whatever to propose to the Princesses more pony friendly, they go to Spike. Happy now?
>>
>>28768529
Well he did give Ember the throne. Just post pictures, yeah.
>>
Is it wrong that I want an episode where Spike takes Ember to Ponyville?

Imagine Ember being socially awkward around ponies.
>>
>>28766455

Spike calls an invasion of changelings and dragons. Equestria falls. Spike now Emperor.
>>
>>28768590
I would love that.
>>
File: IMG_0134.jpg (58KB, 736x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.jpg
58KB, 736x662px
>spike and starlight being cool green when?
>>
>>28768639
Loved the art and story in this book.
>>
>>28767787
Sorry, you can't overwrite your quads.
Discord > Spike confirmed.
>>
>>28768851
Spike is way better than Discord.
>>
File: IMG_0135.png (177KB, 900x631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0135.png
177KB, 900x631px
>>28768851
>>
>>28768529
Read up on what's happening with South Korea right now. You do not need to be an official member of the government to exert political influence on it. The USA wields extensive political power and influence all over the world and other governments listen.
>>
File: IMG_0136.png (115KB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.png
115KB, 300x214px
>Spike and Starlight just chilling out in the castle when?
>>
File: 1460727379944.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460727379944.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>28766917
It's has never been made canon that the two of them grew up together. Comics aren't canon.
Also he canonically doesn't view her has a mother figure as one episode has her waking him up and him groggily saying "You're not mommy."
>>
>>28768906
Last one and I'm done

>You do not need to be an official member of the government to exert political influence on it.

You mean this?
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/mass-protests-south-korean-president-park-161029123150734.html
A situation created by someone in a position of political power in the first place. That really didn't help your argument.

>The USA wields extensive political power and influence all over the world and other governments listen.

No the fuck we don't. Did Russia free the Ukraine after we told them not to take it? Did they free the Ukraine after the sanctions? Cuba, Russia, China, Vietnam, and North Korea are still Communist countries by the way. Worse we tried to stop the spread of Communism in Vietnam and failed. We tried to appeal to the UN to force Russia to give up Ukraine, and we failed. We would like to think 'Murica has political power around the world, but in reality we don't.
>>
File: IMG_0137.png (295KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.png
295KB, 1366x768px
Hey, amateur Writefag here ready to contribute, I am pretty new to this, but I have had this idea in my head for a while, so I figured what the hell.
This takes place before Twilicorn or the castle obviously.

>It had all started out well.
>just another birthday for Spike the dragon.
>Until his friends had tried to give him gifts.
>He had tried to reject them nicely, but they would insist, he yelled and ran.
>and now he was here crying.
>"useless.... stupid" he muttered under his breathe.
>He heard the door to his bedroom in the old library creak open.
>"Spike, how are you holding up buddy?"
>He responded with a grunt, rolling over to face away from the unwelcoming light leaking in from behind the unicorn.
>"Spike, could you please tell me what's wrong?"
>Twilight approached spike carefully, not wanting to upset him any more.
>As she tapped on his shoulder he faltered, leaning into her touch.
>"Now Spike, did you not like your gifts?"
>He thought about what she said twice, almost not believing that was what she thought.
>"Then what was the problem, were there not enough?"
>"No"
>"Too small?"
>"No!"
>"Then what Spike!? What!?!"
>"I don't trust myself, okay!?!"
>Twilight flinched back at the unexpected outburst, contemplating his words.
>"What do you mean?"
>Spike took a breath, as if preparing himself for some act of bravado.
>"Remember my last birthday?"
>She nodded as he continued.
>"I went crazy and rampaged the town, we're lucky I didn't hurt anypony!!!"
>"Now Spi-"
>"No Twi! It's true, the greed took over, and sometimes, I feel like it is again, I can feel the greed, like heartburn, and I'm constantly fighting against it"
>Not even letting her get a word in he continued, "If I fell under like that again... if I went savage... if I hurt somepony, I don't think I could ever forgive myself Twi"
>Twi read his words like the most complex book in her library, when had her little assistant taken on such a burden?
>>
File: 1474353941613.jpg (567KB, 972x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1474353941613.jpg
567KB, 972x1188px
>>28766176
>>28766455
I doubt Spike would pull a keemstar and try holding that over his friends heads.

Also have a rare spike.
>>
File: IMG_0138.gif (1MB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0138.gif
1MB, 407x405px
>>28769367
>"So that's why you won't accept the gifts? You don't trust yourself?"
>"He nodded, letting out a sniff
>"Spike, you've grown so much in this year, you have gone beyond the greed and shown compassion, you did the right thing with peewee, you aren't like other dragons!"
>He did not seem satisfied with her answer.
>"That may be so Twilight, but you can't fight biology... what if I fall under greed again? What if I'm not strong enough?" The tears began to come back, as he tried and failed to hold them in.
>Twilight was thinking of a response when Spike continued.
>"Twi, if you want to help me, if you want to make things better, you have to promise me something..."
>He paused, giving her a minute to nod, all the while wondering what her little assistant had to say.
>"If it happens again... if I become a threat to other ponies... if I fall to greed, and you girls can't get through to me..." he paused, the tension in his body growing. "You have to promise me Twilight, that you and the others will use the elements on me"
>Time seemed to stop for Twilight Sparkle, had her little assistant just said such a thing? was he this scared that he would harm another? What could she even say to that, agree to use the elements on him?
>Could she?
>If she really had to, could she bring herself to use the elements of harmony against him, he was practically family, and one of her closest friends.
>Spike noticed her pause, and began to cry.
>"Please Twilight, you have to promise, I would never forgive myself, I can't be allowed to hurt other ponies, you can't even give me the chance. I'd rather be turned to stone, die, or whatever the elements would do to me. I'd rather rot in Tartarus than hurt somepony, please Twilight, I know it's hard, and I wish I didn't have to ask you to do this, but I need you to, I need to know I'll be stopped, that everyone will be safe, I can't stay here otherwise. It's what I want, it's my request, my one request... please Twilight..."
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (91KB, 913x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
91KB, 913x805px
>>28769367
>>28769383
>She sat there for a minute, maybe three, and shook her head yes without really thinking, how could she say no?
>He smiled, hugged the unicorn, and headed down stairs to join the rest of the group, who had likely become worried as to why they were taking so long.
>Twilight sat there, tears rolling down her eyes, she shuffled in the dark, unsure of how to feel, she didn't know how she lived here, she felt like she was out of place, why had what just occurred, occurred?
>She composed herself and headed down the steps.
>>
>>28769244
Did you miss this part?
>The increasingly unpopular president has been accused of letting her old friend, the daughter of a religious cult leader, interfere in important state affairs.
>There's also media speculation that Choi, who holds no government job, meddled in government decisions on personnel and policy and exploited her ties with Park to misappropriate funds from nonprofit organisations.

USA isn't the only one with political influence. Russia and China also influence other countries' decisions. Disregarding your cherrypicked examples, America has influenced Latin America for over a hundred years now, several of the pacific nations bend over backwards to please us, and everything major happening in the ME in the last 50 years has American ties.

These both proofed my point and I'm honestly not sure you even understand what the word 'political power' means. In the perfect little world you seem to pretend to live in, only elected officials or those appointed by elected officials have any say on public policies.
If that were true, lobbying and cronyism wouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>28769394
>>There's also media speculation that Choi, who holds no government job, meddled in government decisions on personnel and policy and exploited her ties with Park to misappropriate funds from nonprofit organisations.

>ruler think about their people first and foremost, people under their rulers only listen to their rulers.

>Being friends with royalty doesn't mean shit,

>and the people pissed if a law pass that they don't agree with.

I already did this anon. Spike has no political power, and the people would became pissed if their rulers listen to him. Just like in the current situation in South Korea. You did not but reinforce my points.
>>
>>28769436
The people didn't even know it was happening until a few days ago. This puppet shit has been going on for YEARS!
Corporations buy favors from politicians all the time and have policies written in their favor at the cost of the average joe.

>ruler think about their people first and foremost, people under their rulers only listen to their rulers.
That's baloney.

>Being friends with royalty doesn't mean shit.
That's double baloney.

A person not in public or ordained office can influence or advise those who are and get them to pass laws in their favor. And in extreme cases even become a de facto leader of a nation without the people being none the wiser.

I don't even know how this is debatable. You're being obtuse at this point.
>>
>mfw this was transformed into a thread about politics, can we get back to Spike please? How about some greens?
>>
>>28766009
The Sparkle family basically runs Equestria.
>>
>>28769518
>You're being obtuse at this point.
Because you're all being trolled.
>>
>>28770140
Is really hope there'd be something better to do than troll us, if not that you must live in a sad, sad world
>>
>>28765926
Less shitty doesn't mean pretty good, Jim.
>>
>>28769518
Then it's not POLITICAL POWER/INFLUENCE IT'S PERSONAL INFLUENCE.

If you read the article
>The increasingly unpopular president has been accused of letting her old friend, the daughter of a religious cult leader, interfere in important state affairs.
>Old Friend

She has no political influence any where in the Korean court which is why people are mad in the first place. If she had any government position no one would care.

>This puppet shit has been going on for YEARS!
>Corporations buy favors from politicians all the time and have policies written in their favor at the cost of the average joe.

Once again, personal influence. None of those big wigs have any power in any court, so how do you get in the political game? You use your PERSONAL INFLUENCE to get someone with POLITICAL INFLUENCE to get what you want. None of them could go to court right now and say "do what I want because I have money" No one in court would do it. And guess what happen the last time the American people found when that political figure was "Bought and Sold"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxvii

In English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventeenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
>>
>>28770281
Jesus dude. And you call Spikefags delusional. You are the epitome of retardation and autism.
But you look like you're having a bad day and could use a win so I'll give it to you. Good job, Buddy.
>>
>>28770281
>While political authority is the formal-legal right of the government to make and enforce official decisions on public policy, POLITICAL INFLUENCE is the ability of private individuals and groups to impact on the government's making and implementation of official policy decisions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22politcal+influence%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=%22political+influence%22

Ready to drink bleach yet?
>>
>>28769669
Here.
>Spike is busy cleaning up the crystal library in the crystal clubhouse set.
>Humming a little ditty, the little poof scampers about, kicking up a very light layer of dust.
>A sound startles him out of his groove, the door to the library slamming open.
>He looks to the door frame, his eyes going wide at the sight before him: a human.
>Not just any human, either.
"Flash Sentry?!"
>The human looked at him, his appearance raggedy and his breathing heavy.
>"T-twilight..."
>At the mention of his owner's name, Spike frowns.
>After Flash revealed what a nasty, mean, cruel person he is while being mind-controlled by three malicious entities that basically exaggerated negative feelings he may or may not have had, Twilight decided she didn't want to be around such a person.
>No one who could ever say something so mean could be a good person at heart.
>After all, Twilight would never do something even half as bad as what he did.
>The monster.
"She doesn't want to see you, Flash."
>Flash looks to the ground, a rueful grimace on his face. "I kinda figured that."
>Spike walks over to the human, sighing. Though his frustration is apparent, there's also a hint of pity in Spike's voice.
"How'd you even get here?"
>"The portal. Sunset Shimmer... told me about it."
>There was something off about that pause, but Spike was more curious about something else.
"How come you're still human?"
>Flash chuckles wryly.
>"Going by looks? I don''t know. I guess things just don't work that way."
'...What?'
>Spike frowns again.
"Well, whatever. I guess my next question is: why are you so scruffy?"
>Flash takes in a deep breath, his breathing becoming steadier than it was before.
>"Just... excited to see Princess Twilight..."
"Hmm. Like I said-"
>"I know what you said!"
>Spike flinches at his raised voice, Flash's eyes narrowed in a glare.
>The human lets out a sigh, his expression softening.
>"I just... want to see her once. To... talk."
>>
>>28770309
I don't care for a win okay, this was nothing more to keep interested while I posted Spike shit. And then I ended it because it was obvious that no one was moving on the subject.

>>28770374
>Personal influence as a model of public relations

>The widely-accepted four models of public relations as press agentry-publicity, public information, two-way asymmetric and two-way symmetric practice (Grunig & Hunt, 1985) was followed by a fifth model, the personal influence model of public relations. Identified by Grunig, et al. (1995), the personal influence model of public relations referred to practitioners’ relationships with key individuals in media, government, politics, or activist groups as an institutionalized model to cultivate relationships between individuals to achieve an organization’s objectives. In this sense, personal influence is based on a person’s position and power in a social network.

I'll drink nothing and once again end this.
>>
File: 1458217834352.gif (950KB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1458217834352.gif
950KB, 320x234px
>>28768068
>not Discord
Thats a terrible damage control, fluttercuck.
>>
>>28768873
Only if your mind is in permanent state of a 10 year old kid.
>>
File: IMG_0141.png (119KB, 900x831px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.png
119KB, 900x831px
>bump
>>
>>28770475
Will you continue thy story?
>>
>>28771472
Yeah, I had to catch some sleepies for a bit.
>>
>>28771602
Get as much as you need Anon, I shall wait
>>
File: IMG_0142.png (754KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.png
754KB, 1280x720px
>Know what it's like to fuck a Glimmer?
>>
File: IMG_0143.png (271KB, 1280x2032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.png
271KB, 1280x2032px
>bumping again
>>
>>28770475
>Spike relaxes. With another sigh, Spike steps past him and motions for Flash to follow.
>He glances over his shoulder at the boy, Flash's footsteps somewhat slow and awkward.
"You ok?"
>"Y-yeah. Kinda sprained my foot a bit running here."
>He wasn't sounding so out of breath anymore.
>Spike nods.
"Well, Twilight's out with her friends right now. So, I guess you can rest up in the kitchen for now."
>He looks over his shoulder.
"Get something to eat."
>"Heh. Sounds good."
>After making their way to the kitchen, Flash takes a seat and watches as Spike begins scrounging for food.
"Oh! Hey, do you eat gems?"
>He extends a sapphire to Flash, who eyes it with confusion.
>"Uh. This is rock /candy/, right?"
>Pulling it away, Spike frowns.
"Aw. Humans can't eat these either? So you're like ponies."
>"Speaking of. I'd prefer something edible. Meaning, no hay or the like."
>Spike laughs.
"I know that feeling."
>A few minutes pass before Spike settles on something they can both enjoy: grilled cheese sandwiches with apples and milk.
>They eat in relative silence.
"So... you're not surprised by me?"
>"Not really. No offense, but I've got a lot on my mind, so your dragon form isn't fazing me much..."
"Huh. What's on your mind?"
>"Just... a friend. I'm kinda worried about her."
>Spike's brows crinkle in thought. Was he worried about Twilight?
>No, that doesn't really make much sense.
"Who?"
>"Rainbow Dash. I hope I don't really have to say much more than that."
>Spike shrugs his shoulder.
"Ok, no problem... But, what about Twilight? I mean, I may not faze you, but she's a pony."
>Flash grimaces. "So, I've been told. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."
"I think you mixed up your phrases."
>Flash gives him a small smile. "Maybe."
>Spike hops down from his seat and makes his way out of the room.
"Well, I'm gonna head to the bathroom for a bit. Twilight should be back pretty soon."
>Flash watches as Spike leaves, waiting for a moment before quietly stalking after him.
>>
File: IMG_0145.png (287KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.png
287KB, 1280x720px
>>28772219
Writefag returns, I am pleased
>>
>>28771913
That scene was so odd.
>>
>>28772219
>As Spike waddles to the bathroom, his mind wanders to the mirror.
>How did Flash come through it and not turn into a pony?
'Maybe it doesn't work the opposite way.'
>Deciding to check up on it, he heads to the room Twilight had moved it to...
>...And the place looks pretty trashed.
>Nothing damaged, but there's paper everywhere.
>Almost like someone was dashing about the place.
"What the...? Did Flash do this?"
>He could have sworn that the place was pretty much clean before Twilight and Starlight left.
>Well, definitely cleaner than this!
>He heads over to the mirror and gives its surface a light tap.
>It ripples a bit, his claw feeling a little resistance as it pulls back.
>At least it's not broken.
>His ears(?) twitch at a faint 'thudding' sound.
>Following it, he comes upon a door in the room leading to, from what he can remember, a closet.
>It's at this point that he can hear muffled shouting.
>Familiar shouting.
>Opening it, his eyes are immediately drawn to something lying at his feet.
"Rainbow Dash?!"
>Her human counterpart. Tied up and mouth gagged.
>She glares at him for a moment before her eyes widen in surprise.
>"[Spike! Help!]"
>His mind slow to react, Spike just stares at her.
"Wha-how? Why are you here?"
>She frowns. "[Get the lead out! Untie me!]"
>Shaking out of his shock, Spike goes to help her.
>She starts squirming, eyes going wide. "[Behind you!]"
>Spike spins around as the sound of a thousand birds chirping fills his ears(?).
>Pain surges through his body and the world goes dark
>The next thing he knows, he awakens.
>With a drowsy groan, he blinks, his vision clearing to reveal a ceiling in front of him.
>Well, above.
>He tries to look around, but finds his body immobile.
>>
>>28772687
"Wh-what?"
>His eyes dart around. He vaguely recognizes the room he's in as still being in the castle.
>"You're awake."
>Spike's eyes dart to the source of the voice. Or, try to.
>Luckily, Flash steps into his view.
"Flash?! What the hay?"
>Spike glares at the boy, trying to struggle against whatever is binding him.
>"Don't bother. I was pretty thorough with you. Can't have you getting loose and warning Twilight."
'Warning?'
"Wh-what are you going to do? And where's Rainbow Dash?"
>"I left her where you found her. I was thinking about giving that whore the same treatment I gave to Sunset Shimmer, but I'm saving up."
"What... what did you do to Sunset Shimmer?"
>Flash chuckles. Dark and humorless.
>"I'll tell you when you're older, kid."
>He walks over to Spike and lightly pats his head.
>The dragon tries to headbutt his hand away, but even that meager act of defiance was impossible due to whatever restrained him.
>"Rainbow Dash showed up after I got done playing with Sunset Shimmer. I skipped out and made my way to the portal, but Rainbow came charging after me. She started getting rowdy, made a mess of the place, so I put her to sleep for a bit."
>That explains somethings.
>But what did he mean by...
"You... you raped her, didn't you?"
>Flash looks down at him, his eyes cold and unfriendly.
>"Guess you're not the kid I thought you were."
>Spike seethes at this, trying harder to free himself.
"If you hurt Twilight-"
>He stuffs something metal in Spike's mouth, gagging him.
>"Speaking of, Twilight. I gotta go get ready for my chat with her."
>He turns to leave.
>"You just sit tight, ok, sport?"
>Spike glares at the ceiling, tears of anger and fear spilling out of his eyes.
>Twilight can handle herself in a straight up confrontation.
>But if Flash gets the drop on her...
>He could only hope that Sunset Shimmer brings help before Flash gets his way.
>Or that Starlight and the rest of Twilight's friends are there to watch her back.
END
>>
>>28772702
Basically, this'll be a one shot for now. Busy with other things.
I wanted it to just be a short one post where Flash rapes Spike's boipucci as a troll, but I sorta felt bad about that (not the rape, the troll bit).
I'll probably make this part of a larger story later.
>>
>>28772743
Please don't abuse the Spike.
>>
>>28772743
Why are you trying to turn this into another Starlight Glimmer thread?
>>
>>28772869
I don't get why people like abuse stories.
>>
File: IMG_0150.jpg (61KB, 925x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
61KB, 925x703px
>Spike sexing with Starlight green when?
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
He doesn't get much pagetime in the comics. He had a few good issues early on, I liked that Celestia/Spike FF, but generally I think the IDW staff still has this 2012 mindset about him.
>>
>>28773127
Idk man kinks are weird.

>>28773265
If anyone can recall the last Spikelight thread with the bins in the OP, I can dig them up in the archive.
>>
>>28765958
Why can't spikehaters be as tolerant as Nyxfags?
>>
>>28772869
I'm not but it's not like the thread's really going anywhere.
He wanted green, so X gone and gave it to him.
>>
>>28775264
It's some green, at least.
>>
File: IMG_0148.png (292KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.png
292KB, 1280x720px
>page 9 club
>>
>>28765926
Hate is too strong, I rather disliked him because he was a generic sidekick. Nevertheless, he got better and since i realized how much he actually has already done for everybody, he's quite alright.
>>
>>28776373
Better than some characters of S6, oddly.
>>
File: WanderSpike.png (123KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
WanderSpike.png
123KB, 600x662px
>>28775246
I assume you mean anti-nyxfags. My theory is that the 'Spike sucks/is useless' was a kind of a joke on his genetic sidekick role in S1. This type of thought spread within the fandom in the fan works like FIW and others. At first it was kind of a community meme. Spike didn't really have a particularly bad track record in the first 2 seasons but only a few real standout moments, mostly really just following Twilight around. Then Season 3 happened. Season 3's Spike episodes ranked among the worst in an already weak season, with SAYS considered one of if not the worst episode of the series. Season 4 wasn't particularly bad, though many fans seemed to dislike the Equestria Games episode's Spike focus. Season 5 featured Spike as a mute for almost the entire season except for his sole starring episode 'Princess Spike', which bumped SAYS out of many fans' opinion as the worst episode of the series and his out-of-place role in the S5 finale. By then, Spike being a joke/ useless character was widely seen as fact within the community instead of just a meme, with even the writers admitting they had no idea what to do with him. Only after the firestorm by fans at the writers after the disaster that was 'Princess Spike' did the writers actually seem to start trying with his character again, resulting in Spike's fairly strong showing in S6.
>>
>>28776787
A lot of the meme really was the result of FiW early on.

Also, season six was written without knowing about the fandom response of Princess Spike. However, internally it was a very unpopular episode and it was generally seen as a mistake. S6 was already written by the time Princess Spike aired and all its negative feedback did was confirm that they did the correct thing for S6.

A lot of the staff used to think that Spike slapstick was fucking hilarious and that everyone loved it. It took an incompetent writer like Dusedau showing them how bad it can be that made them realize it couldn't happen again.

tl;dr: The show staff didn't really feel compelled to actually respond to Spike's popularity until a hack took advantage of what was basically in-joke among the staff. Then they saw what everyone else saw: it was shit writing.
>>
>>28776850
How in the heck did they think everyone loved it? I thought the writers were pretty involved with the fandom?
>>
>>28777036
Well, people love slapstick, right? They just assumed the people who complained were outliers. Seeing Princess Spike fall apart as it was being made made the staff realize that this really wasn't a good thing to continue to do.
>>
>>28777036
Most seasons are written in advance before the previous season ends. So will Princess Spike was airing, 1/3 or 2/3 of S6 was already written. And they could get any feedback on the episode until after everything was sad and done.
>>
>>28777098
Yeah. But the thing is that they knew Princess Spike was a mess from the second they locked the script in Spring 2014. Thus when they wrote the S6 scripts in Spring 2015, they knew they had to do it differently but it couldn't change the airing of the episode in June 2015.
>>
>>28777089
Most of S3-S5 Spike writing wasn't slapstick though, it was just plain bad writing. Surely, they could see they weren't doing a good job by the low ratings Spike episodes were getting right?
>>
>>28777111
>Checked

Yeah that probably why Spike is the way he is in S6. He could still be written better if the staff agreed on what they want him to be though.
>>
>>28765926
>765926 [Reply]â–¶

I want to rape Spike so many times and so hard that he eventually coughs up a scroll from Princess Celestia demanding that I stop.
>>
>>28777119
See, it was enough for them that THEY found it funny, I guess. Plus I think they were at least partially afraid to expand on him because well, Faust didn't do it.
>>
>>28777266
>Assuming Celestia doesn't just teleport in and blast a hole through your skull.
wew
>>
>>28777381
>introduce Crystal Empire
>actually kill S3 bad guy
>reform S2 Premiere bad guy
>Alicorn Twilight
All packed into the first post-Faust season. Honestly, if they were able to get that far off the reservation without her and still be afraid with what the fans would say about what most already considered a generic character, I doubt they were even really trying.
>>
>>28777466
Maybe they just thought it was better to make him a joke. And I mean Faust left them nothing at all to do with him, practically everything came from McCarthy.
>>
File: 1465068277846.png (721KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465068277846.png
721KB, 960x1080px
>>28765926
>>If you hate him, give a good reason why.

>twilight's bitchboy/manservant thing, her 'assistant' that isn't paid in anything except conditional love
>solitary male friend among a group of girls
>can't read social situations for shit and routinely makes it awkard with his dumb jokes
>enjoys tabletop roleplay gaming like a beta
>reads hard-copy comic books
>tremendous coward
>harbours a crush on a girl and does nothing about it
>is basically cucked repeatedly, turned down by the girl, and still obsesses over her
>accidentally fell into the only good fortune in his life (being a hero in the Crystal Empire) by accident
>totally bathes in it without even a glimpse of modesty

I don't think it's possible to even pity him at this point. He's like thirteen at this point, no?
>>
I don't hate him, but I do feel bad for him.

Firstly, pony magic is keeping him from growing. He's no longer a "baby" dragon, he is now quite literally a retard. The humane thung to do would have been to banish him to a cave or something where he can hoard treasure and grow normally.

Second, and entirely related, he is totally unaware of the repressed biological impulse that he interprets as a romantic attraction to Rarity. This is clearly a manifestation of his natural dragon greed *because she is a source of gems* His mind has been so warped by ponies that his natural lust to feed on treasure has been perverted into a powerless and infantile crush on a neighbor.

it's tragic.
>>
>>28777515
The love is completely unconditional. See Hearths Warming Traditions.

I thought this is what people wanted. He's a kid brother basically of one of them.

And he also sometimes says what everyone is thinking or is the only smart one there.

Tabletop gaming and comic books, who fucking cares?

How can you call him a coward when he will willingly leap into danger several times when no one else will or can?

They both know about it, what is there to do?

He's moving on from it

It was not by accident. He saved them.

Yeah, its not like he was willing to give all of his reputation up for a friend...oh wait.
>>
>>28777586
I wish we would get an episode about him growing, or have it happen in or just after the movie. Or at least something explaining. Or even just wings.
>>
>>28777515
>tremendous coward

gr8 b8 m8 that I'm even responding to this bullshit, but he went into a deadly contest he had virtually no chance of winning against every other badass dragon in the world, and then WON it with little to no help from the ponies who just watched him do it, becoming the Dragon Lord.

Coward my ass.
>>
>>28769367
Pastebin this, writefriend. This is promising.
>>
File: IMG_0160.png (710KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.png
710KB, 1280x720px
>>28778834
Hey thanks!
I was wondering if anyone liked it. I'll pastebin it.
>>
File: IMG_0146.png (727KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.png
727KB, 945x945px
>rocky theme
>>
File: IMG_0144.png (211KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0144.png
211KB, 1280x1280px
>page 10 bump
>>
>>28776850
But Spike criticism had come since S4 since he was a continuous topic at cons. I believe that Haber realized fans wanted an improvement and that's what he gave them.
>>
>>28777890
He also sacrificed a reputation he clearly cared about to help someone he just met.

>>28777586
His love for Rarity needs to be addressed and dropped, it is bizarrely handled in S6 as Spike is a lot more aggressive towards her almost like he realizes the relationship isn't going to happen.
>>
>>28780352
They didn't really care that much until they saw what their in-joke had created. Also helped that Dusedau is a hack.
>>
>>28780387
I don't see why that would make them suddenly change their ways if they were ignoring feedback for a while.
>>
>>28780352
I don't really see how THAT was the wakeup call. If you are willing to write this kind of unsympathetic joke telling in a series about optimism and friendship, I don't see how you would notice that being shit, maybe repetitive and annoying but not shit.
>>
>>28780352
All they did was move the joke over to Rainbow Dash.
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (94KB, 960x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
94KB, 960x501px
>angry spike anyone?
>>
>>28780432
They at the very least noticed that it was repetitive and no one else was laughing along with them.
>>
>>28777515
I hate how he think of himself as a Hero of Crystal Empire when he did jack shit about it. If not for Twilight, he would not even reach the secret door under crystal throne. He should be at least modest enought to not brag about something he didn't do. His only heroic deed was at Equestria Games and that was very forced. Plot demanded that everyone is useless and a giant meteorite need to crush at the same exact time. His only non forced heroic deed happened only in Gauntlet of Fire episode.
>>
>>28780729
What about the Times Are a Changeling?

Also everyone else thinks that way too.
>>
>>28780729
The ending to the equestria games was him being modest about it
>>
>>28780741
There wasn't anyting heroic in making other ponies not act racist. And it bothered me that Thorax was allowed to get close to Flurry Heart even without anyone beside Spike make sure that it isn't a trick or Cadance knowing that he has spasm attacks and could hurt her even if he was good.
>>
File: 1473372727366.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1473372727366.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>>28780769
Yeah but it felt forced like the scenarios in Spike at Your Service.
>Ooops look like a very rare occurance of an ice meteorite just happen to fall onto every pony in Crystal Empire

>oh shit, at exactly the same time when we had to take away magic abilities from Alicorns

>at exact the same time where FIREbreathing dragon could melt that ICE meteorite
>>
>>28780798
I agree with this, but I try to look past it as forced, and think of it as if it were the real world, freak accidents happen, and what happened here is possible, just unlikely.
>>
>>28780777
It was heroic that he'd sacrifice his reputation for a friend.

>>28780798
>>28780811
Did you forget that it was CAUSED by an athlete and could very easily be something that could happen. You just need one ice arrow right above the clouds and bam. It's a major danger.
>>
>>28780833
>>28780811
I just felt that the situation in GoF was more realistic and relatable. Spike wasnt physically fit to face Garble and did win in a more dyplomatic way by convincing Ember to embrace frinedship and become his ally.
>>
>>28780921
Sure, that's one way to be heroic. But sacrifice and just stepping up and doing what is needed are two other ways.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.