[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't really see this scene as possibly platonic. If Fluttershy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1475831960452.webm (768KB, 544x576px) Image search: [Google]
1475831960452.webm
768KB, 544x576px
I don't really see this scene as possibly platonic. If Fluttershy was just embarassed over getting hugged all of a sudden, she would have blush right after she was picked up. The way it was portrayed, she blushed AFTER she return the hug and snuggle her face into his fur in consensual way. The scene was acting as an obvious romantic implication of things to come. Don't let yourself be fooled that it's just some platonic interaction.
>>
Dude, who cares?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 413x395px
>mfw not a flutterfag
>>
>>28752452
We will probably get a Fluttershy episode focused on Discord instead Discord episode focused on FS. Aren't you hyped a bit that she migh get some interesting episode that develop her interests and desires?
>>
File: 1447697478168.png (172KB, 1196x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1447697478168.png
172KB, 1196x1268px
>>28752470
mfw neither a Flutterfag nor a mobilefag
>>
Please stop picking on the Flutterfags. They're going through a lot right now.
t. Twifag
>>
>>28752452
Not him, but people often argue that "you're autistic for letting the fandom affect the way you view the show" when shipping is complained about, as if the show itself wasn't doing the shipping and it's all in our autistic heads. So like OP, I try to rationalize stuff like this as the animators not shoving romance in our faces, but it's plain to see what they're doing. Once the argument over whether this is real shipping or not is over, all that is left is to argue "I hate that there's shipping" and "well you're just a butthurt triggered waifufag lol".

When the ambiguity and freedom of interpretation is gone and settled, people against shipping can accept the show for what it currently is and either deal with it or leave, rather than going into any kind of damage control and having arguments. It's for the best to accept it now, if that's where the show's going.
>>
File: 1459625985285.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459625985285.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28752530
>mfw a Pinkiefag and only slightly concerned over Cheese Sandwich geting more attention from Hasbro.
>>
>>28752436
How about I take your face in front of me and punch you senseless, then I take out my big cock and thrust it deep down your throat to suffocate you, you poor faggot. After that I punch your face a lot more and tell you to kill yourself you disgusting faggot and I give you plenty of rope to hang on :^) you are being a cuckold by default when you consider Discord better than you, you absolute cocksucker cumbucket :)
>>
>>28752563
I think we should discuss this development as not just trolling material but as actual plotline in the future. How is a two sided interest between Discord and FLuttershy would affect their dynamic in Season 7? Will writers ignore it in their every episode? Will they focus an episode about it? Will they at least reference the plush bunny from S6 finale? Could they make Fluttershy being the one crushing on Discord while he's the clueles one about it? Or will they have a third force (Fluttershy's parents or maybe someone seducing Discord) who indirectly push them into a romantic territory?
>>
>>28752572
But Discord is literally better than most creatures in Equestria and pretty much every normal human in real world...
>>
>>28752565
Well, he doesn't live the same town as her, so you can know with near certainty that she doesn't meet up with him behind-the-scenes every day. While we know for a fact that Discord and FS have meet-ups that we don't see. That's also why even before the blush, I felt worse for Flutterfags than Twifags, Dashfags, and others whose possible romantic interest lives far away. The dread of knowing that when she's not in an episode, she could be hanging out with and bonding with the guy that everyone wants her to screw.
>>
>>28752563
Eh, true. Sorry for sounding like a whiny bitch. I honestly don't give two cents about show canon anymore and made my own AU with nextgens and OCs. Hell, I don't even watch the show, just appreciate the art and characters. I usually don't see subtext and prefer for romance to be stated outright, and can get nitpicky about shit. Again, sorry for being an asshole. Enjoy your day.
>>
>>28752607
Is that what you tell yourself. Discord is a god of chaos but he doesn't even understand how basic friendship dynamics work and he is the most selfish character in the show. He has a lot more to learn and he has capability to turn better but past 4 seasons have been pretty stagnant about him.
>>
>>28752530
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>28752436
>assumptions: the post
how about, instead of some autistic "analysis" and baord-wide spam, we'll just wait for S7 to confirm that this is all bulshit becase sparity has higher chance to happen
>>
>>28752565
I think you're safe. Unless he comes back in a voiceless appearance I don't think we'll ever see him (or Quibble for that matter) again.
>>
>>28752565
Cheese is fine as long as cheesefag is dead and/or permabanned
>>
>>28752436
>Autism: the post.
Dude, we're all having fun trolling flutterfags, but this is taking it a bit too far.
>>
>>28752436
Fluttershy feels embarrassed to get attention in front of others, that is simple enough. Also, listen to her line again, she is not too impressed to see Discord. Besides that, she hugged Discord in S4 finale and right after that she got betrayed by him, and Discord didn't care about her at all. The show is made for girls and they barely differentiate friendship considering gender differences and the whole show is about making friends, why would you think they introduce love couple after 4 seasons of friendshipping? Also, look the S6 finale again, Fluttershy didn't even hug Discord and told him that it was nice to see him. That doesn't tell much does it? If you feel too confident about the blushing scene, check out Gauntlet of Fire again. Spike hugged Ember there. Does that mean they are getting a baby? Obviously not.
>>
>>28752436
This fandom ships characters if they stand even remotely close to each other but never interact, so to them, having Flutters blush is like that x1000. It means they're fucking, she's pregnant, and they're going to get married.
>>
>>28752733
>implying Ember wasn't introduced with the sole purpose of sinking sparity
>>
>>28752805
Spike was in their kingdom to introduce values of Equestria. The whole show is based on consept of friendship. Ember got embarrassed to get such spontaneous affection from Spike as she was about to take charge of dragon populace, to embrace values that are more Equestria profound than their traditional way of being. What would differentiate that from the theory that Discord considers Fluttershy as his only friend of support and without Fluttershy he would be upfront with more discerning response from rest of the mane six. Also, don't forget that Fluttershy was asked by Celestia to befriend Discord so he would be willing to work for Equestria when faced by a threat. Discord is the most obvious threat to harmony in Equestria, but as he is introduced to values of friendship, he would realize more clearly how much having friends matters in the end.
>>
>>28752526
you still get hyped over this dead show?
>>
>>28752436
The problem is not in the implications of what the scene has on the show itself, but what it has on the fandom.

To the fandom, it's shipper-fuel. waifufags and people who ship Fluttershy with others (but mostly waifufags) are jilted because there's now going to be more fanart/fanfiction of her with Discord, not because Hasbro would actually have one of the mane 6 be in a canonical romance. Not even EQG, which is aimed at an older demographic, pursues much overt romance. At least not yet.
>>
>>28752933
Why would it matter what some fans do since it is not canon? I have learned that there's many different ways to interpret things but finding the right way for yourself is the only one that matters in the end.
>>
>>28752944
Because the show and canon media in general don't represent 100% of how fans perceive the series.

You have to use your creativity and imagination to consider what goes on before, after, and between the 30-minute (or 25-page) snippets of Equestria we get. Just look at Star Wars and its absolute mountain of books which are based on just 6 movies.

When canon gives fandom something that presents a clear and present threat to how you perceive a character/world, it's going to affect how you perceive it as a whole because the conclusion to the "what-if" that the fandom pursues will rub off on you.
>>
>>28753080
It is up to you as a person what you want to pursuit out of the canon content and that's what gives so much breadth to fandoms in the the first place. You can view the scene as you please but I don't see any reason to jump to too profound conclusions over a scene that represents such small part in the plot.
>>
>>28753080
This is why i dont care about canon anymore aside from characters that exist (aside from the new changelings). i made an au with my own canon and interpretation of the characters. I rely on canon for world building but twist it as I see fit to my own world.
People can take canon as gospel, shape it for themselves, or not give a shit. There's obviously many more choices than what i listed but honestly the fun thing about shows is that there are so many possibilities to explore. Being a fan of anything would be boring otherwise.
>>
>>28752436
I think one of the main six being in a romantic relationship is too important a thing to stay ambiguous if the writers decide to go through with it. If it's meant to be happening, they'll make it clear eventually. Until then it's open to interpretation.
>>
>>28752709
It almost is, anon, even if it's true.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.