[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know I really wish all of us got along better. This is such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: TiredTwi.png (835KB, 812x792px) Image search: [Google]
TiredTwi.png
835KB, 812x792px
You know I really wish all of us got along better. This is such a quirky, niche thing to enjoy and it'd be nice to have some camaraderie amongst its followers. Instead we're divisive, argumentative, and jaded.
>>
File: Twilight_filly_crop_S2E25.png (95KB, 304x333px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_filly_crop_S2E25.png
95KB, 304x333px
>>28743344
Have a cute poner, OP. I wish you have a nice day.

But I won't stop criticizing the season.
>>
>>28743359
That isn't really it. It's more like people crashing threads to tell everyone in there how much everything sucks.

That's purely conflict-motivated. Like what benefit is there to telling people constantly that Equestria Girls wastes space?
>>
>>28743344
Fuck you I'm nice. I'd force you to eat a whole friendship cake.
>>
File: 13_40_57_870_Appuls.png (139KB, 807x989px) Image search: [Google]
13_40_57_870_Appuls.png
139KB, 807x989px
>>28743366
My bad, I thought you came from a different thread.
>>
File: fuzzy_fucker.jpg (27KB, 560x521px) Image search: [Google]
fuzzy_fucker.jpg
27KB, 560x521px
>>28743344
remove the glimmigrants and we're good
>>
>>28743344
This has been true for a lpng while.
http://yuki.la/mlp/1169
>>
>>28743389

It doesn't work like that. You can't remove the Gimmerfags—or any faction among a larger group—without also destroying yourselves in the process.
>>
>>28743344
>>>/ponychan/
>>
>>28743344
I'm right there with you OP. Debates about the show are one thing but there's so much negativity just floating around this board that it's hard to feel welcome no matter who or what aspects of it you enjoy. And that's coming from someone who's been here a while.
>>
>>28743428
>thinking I'm asking for a hugbox when all I want is civility
>>
>>28743428

NO U
>>
>>28743441
This is honestly the worst part of all.

Oldfags leaping to the conclusion that by criticizing the content of the board, that automatically means "hugbox" is fucking dense.
>>
>>28743372
force feed me twilights ponut anon
>>
>>28743344
ive met many nice and understanding people here, and even some folks who ive become friends with.
rule of the thumb is that if you see a faggot, dont communicate with it.
instead, find some nice people in a nice thread that matches your interests, and dont be a dick.
>>
>>28743471
If I can be frank; /co/, /d/, /vr/, and even /trash/ have much greater quantities of agreeable patrons than /mlp/ has.

/mlp/ falls under the blanket of perpetually butt-flustered boards like /v/, /tv/, or /g/.
>>
>>28743441

Precisely. A hugbox has no room for disagreement and criticism. Nobody here wants that.

>>28743471
>find some nice people in a nice thread that matches your interests

That sometimes degenerates into circlejerking or indefinite avoidance of criticism, so I advise self-moderation in seeking that out.
>>
>>28743471
Pretty much this. If you don't want your house to smell like shit, don't step in it and track it in
>>
>>28743344
Although I do agree with you, I must admit that said attitude is here to stay. I don't think it's this board's fault though, it's just the 4chan Internet subculture of arguing about anything and everything we can. I wish this board could be different but sadly I doubt that a few well-meaning anons here and there can make a difference.
>>
File: 1333189952236.jpg (36KB, 251x226px) Image search: [Google]
1333189952236.jpg
36KB, 251x226px
Kill you're self
>>
>>28743485

Does each of us not have a brain with a functioning cerebral cortex? Are we not able to become more than our instinct? We can and must do better.
>>
>>28743468
I will
>>
>>28743344
you could say the same about all of humanity. all of humanity fights and wars and thinks they are better than others instead of working together.
>>
>>28743344
The problem with 'getting along better' is that it usually just turns into some retarded, circlejerking hugbox that's just as xenophobic as any other culture. These hugboxes quickly become hostile places that exemplify the culture they were trying to avoid in the first place. What /mlp/ has isn't perfect, but it is miles better than most of what the fandom has to offer. Here we can hold individual opinions about characters, merch and the show itself while still being included in a community. The Hasdrones mix with the Faustfags in a manner that's downright peaceful except for in heated moments.

I do admit though, /mlp/ does seem to be a bit more divided now. I can think of several reasons, but I don't feel like they completely encompass why.

Personally, I blame [Worst Pony Waifufag]. They need to leave.
>>
>>28743536
>just turns into some retarded, circlejerking hugbox that's just as xenophobic as any other culture. These hugboxes quickly become hostile places that exemplify the culture they were trying to avoid in the first place

I think the reality is slightly more subtle than you give it credit. Sometimes, people need the good feels that a hugbox provides. After all, we do feel: we are not robots.

The problem with the continual hugbox is that the people who stay in it forever are awful. That's not what we need. We need an environment of free inquiry and occasional shitposting. But that isn't to say that the things a hugbox provides can't be fulfilled by something more healthy.
>>
>>28743497
We're all capable of change, just some choose not to.
>>
>>28743536
>I do admit though, /mlp/ does seem to be a bit more divided now. I can think of several reasons, but I don't feel like they completely encompass why.

Also, to add, I think it's just the failure mode common to most 4channers: "Stop liking what I don't like." (By comparison, the failure mode of tumblr is "Stop liking what I like.") It is something each of us must individually confront within ourselves, that there are other people not like me, and that their tastes are valid within the frame of mind they currently inhabit, even if said tastes incontrovertibly are complete shit.
>>
>>28743524
No balls. Won't do it. No balls.
>>
File: fleur de lis.png (347KB, 800x667px) Image search: [Google]
fleur de lis.png
347KB, 800x667px
>>28743344
I'm here because I hate myself and this show is one of the few things that bring me limited joy.
>>
>>28743632
>show is one of the few things that bring me limited joy.

Could have fooled me.
>>
>>28743632

You leave the hard question unstated and unanswered:

Why do you hate yourself?
>>
YOU PEOPLE ARE ARGUING ABOUT WHY YOU SHOULD/SHOULD NOT ARGUE

AHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
This is genuinelly making me sad. Show is changing more and more, myself, I am ok with how it is going so far, it still makes me smile and I jumped on the ride ever since the ending of S1, meaning I got experience the joys of waiting for new episodes of S2.

But I feel for those who hate Glim or Equestria Girls.

This is 4chan, don't expect much people not wanting to change it.

The difference here is though, that our board is dedicated to one fucking show, that's it. Other boards have much wider subjects to discuss and argue about to the point that it isn't a problem being divise and argumentative there. If something that is kind of entertaining. Kind of a reason why you go to 4chan, right?

Even for /mlp/ this is fun to see, but with each change we became more and more divided from one another and at this point no one is happy, really. Every one is pissed off with some one.
>>
>>28743653

I'm arguing about *when* people should argue and how they should argue.
>>
>>28743344
I treat other residents of /mlp/ how I treat my family:
I'm an asshole to them but I'd probably kill someone if they asked me to.
>>
>>28743606
Yes, I agree, that's why I cherish things like feel threads. They let us express deeper thought and emotion with each other without devolving into unending circlejerk to validate each other. Could you imagine a feels general? How horrifying.

>>28743620
Again, I agree.

As a side thought; I think the "Stop liking what I don't like" mentality can actually be quite constructive, and is one of the reasons why I come to 4chan. Amid all the 'No u's, you can actually find decent arguments for and against certain things.

>>28743653
Not much argument tee bee aitch.
>>
>>28743655
This is also wanting me to kind of make the pony content thread a 6 days earlier, I feel like the board needs something like that. I love making those threads, it's the time where the board gets together just to discuss stuff.
>>
>>28743653
Arguing is not being a cunt towards everything you don't enjoy.
>>
>>28743655

Try to think of Pony as a Photoshop filter on the world: it is a tool that can be used to distort existing persons, places, things, and ideas into a pony perspective; and it is from this perspective which we hope to draw enjoyment and insight.
>>
File: twi_read.gif (546KB, 430x520px) Image search: [Google]
twi_read.gif
546KB, 430x520px
>>28743392
That was interesting, anon. Thanks for sharing. I always love reading about all the history I missed out on.
>>
I want this thread to continue.
>>
>>28743344
So pretty much as the rest of the world is nowadays.
>>
>>28743645
It should be a given that anyone on 4chan in general, hasn't made the best life decisions.
>>
>>28744704
Why (as the OP)?
>>
>>28743344
I wish we could get along better too, but people care a lot about this show. With strong emotions come strong opinions, and with strong opinions come arguments. I do agree that some of it is without purpose, though. The main flaw is that people often try to eliminate differences of opinion rather than working out why they exist and whether they have good reasons.
>>
Come to the Secret Santa thread. We're all setting aside our differences for the holiday. It's a good time.
>>
File: 1420322326805.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1420322326805.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>28743344
Then let's start a new general guys. Because mod friends are so supportive of a prompt threads that support /mlp/ culture and our reporterbros who make sure the threads stay alive
>>
I enjoy the lifestyle of being a decent human being among morons. The only responses I ever get on this board are jealousy or appreciation. Pretty simple life.
>>
>how to tell when someone isn't a 4chan native, the thread
So, what are you all here for? EQD's posts about Anonfilly or Pencil's artwork?
>>
>>28743478
Does anyone on /v/ even like video games?
>>
>>28743344
you can't get along with cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 713x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 713x681px
You hugboxing newfags just don't understand that when you're an asshole on here, it's affectionate.

Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough.
>>
File: haha dumb bitch.jpg (229KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
haha dumb bitch.jpg
229KB, 853x1280px
>>28748301
Like you've got room to say shit, fluttercuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 402x600px)
image.jpg
69KB, 402x600px
>>28748323
Did you just assume my gender, shitlord?
>>
>>28745960
Is that the thread where the ponies in the OP have no nostrils?
>>
Well if Twilight didn't have those wings I would be more nice to the rest of the posters here.
>>
>>28743344
go back to tumblr, special snowflake
>>
>>28743344
It didn't use to be like this.

Sure, the board's been bickering non0stop over trivial bits of the show since days 1, but after MMC, everything changed...
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.