[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Previous season >Hate Starlight Glimmer because of her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 1476947310936.png (198KB, 559x694px) Image search: [Google]
1476947310936.png
198KB, 559x694px
>Previous season
>Hate Starlight Glimmer because of her fanbase
>This season
>Hate Starlight Glimmer because she's the most poorly made characterr ever

Is there literally anything redeemable about her?
>>
>>28730466
No, shit character all around, get it off the fucking show now.
>>
>Posts EqG
>Thinks he can talk about anything being poorly made
>>
>>28730476
At least it's better than the show.
>>
>>28730476
It's fucking sad when cheap cashouts are of higher quality than the one who is meant to have DEEPEST LORE

I don't just mean EqG either, fucking Flurry is less toxic to the show and Flurry nearly ruined 5 years of assumed canon of Celestia and Luna being born alicorns.
>>
>>28730498
You can stop samefagging now, barneyfag junior.
>>
>>28730476
>he doesn't know Flash is /our guy/
>>
>>28730498
It ruined your headcanons. It didn't say anything actually contradictory about alicorns.

>>28730491
LoE was phoned in even by EqG standards. Poorly paced, music was bad, characters were flanderized to hell and back. Shimmerfags will eat up anything she's in, though.
>>
File: fucking what.jpg (35KB, 512x486px) Image search: [Google]
fucking what.jpg
35KB, 512x486px
>>28730466
>>Hate Starlight Glimmer because of her fanbase
>because of her fanbase
>>
>>28730520
I said you can stop samefagging now, at least get a proxy you fucking newfag.
>>
>>28730466
JUST
>>
>>28730527
Fuck off no one likes your shitty OC.

In fact people like other OCs over it.
>>
>>28730520
>LoE was phoned in even by EqG standards. Poorly paced, music was bad, characters were flanderized to hell and back. Shimmerfags will eat up anything she's in, though.

I found it better than Friendship games; at least the other 5 had more importance than just being goddamned power batteries.
And it didn't have a bunch of shitty shaggy dog characters who existed to have ONE line or whatnot like the shadowbolts.
>>
>>28730609
>at least the other 5 had more importance than just being goddamned power batteries.
EqG just needs its own show so it can focus on the individual characters, with Sunset and Twilight always taking the spotlight there just isn't enough time in a movie for the others.
>>
>>28730540

#UnfuckBradsShit
>>
>>28730609
>>28730657
They never have felt the need to even attempt that in four movies, it isn't happening. They're just supposed to be carbon copies of their pony versions and you're supposed to shut up and love Sunset/Twilight.
>>
>>28730691
>you're supposed to shut up and love Sunset
Well they certainly succeeded on that front!
>>
>>28730691
Not totally true, they've begun to realize they need to differentiate the characters a bit; for example, Rainbow dash has been expanded to be more of a rock/guitarist niche character compared to Pony RD and her wonderbolt/military kind of goal/character
>>
>>28730466
No
The show is shit now
>>
>>28730466
>mfw Flash Sentry and Bulk Biceps are actually /r9k/robots but play the alpha
>>
>>28734020
Where the fuck did you get the idea that bulk was an alpha? Dude gets looked at like a retard by the others everytime he shows up.
>>
File: 1428889789142.jpg (35KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1428889789142.jpg
35KB, 500x503px
>>28730491
Stop reminding me.

>The Mane 5 are treated better in LoE than in the Finale
It feels like a middle finger.
>>
>>28734664
That's because Haber wrote the finale while songco wrote Legend of everfree.

At least Haber isn't coming back for Season 7 so there's hope.
>>
>>28734709
Too bad the damage he caused was already done.
>>
File: It hurts to live.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
It hurts to live.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>28734664
>>
File: brushie.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
brushie.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
No. She's here to destroy the show for us. Have you noticed the magic tortures she inflicts on the rest of the cast are all vague allegories for everyday adult suffering? Being forced to be respectful to someone you hate, being forced to work all day until you're exhausted, being forced to stay in one place and you have no idea when it will end. So basically, having a job and adult responsibilities. Hate your job? Too bad. Hate your boss? Too bad. When will it be your turn at the DMV? Nobody knows.

It will just go on like this until you quit watching and Hasbro can scrub the clop and other disturbing brony garbage out of the first page of every show-related google image search. The show is about selling toys and anything that gets in the way of that is thrown aside or crushed, we've already seen it happen over and over.
>>
>>28734744
>Hasbro
Don't you pin this shit on them, Glimmer is 100% Haber's fault, give him the blame so he can accept it for fucking once.
>>
>>28730540
FLASH
>>
>>28734758
This is true; there's no giant magical playsets of glimmer, no toys, no NOTHING. She's not an executive mandate.
>>
>>28734767
Flurry Heart was the executive mandate, and it's depressing that she is actually less forced in compared to Starlight.
>>
>>28734714
Well Season six can be ignored and written off; its not like its changed the status quo for the series irreversibly; If starlight got shipped off to her town and never returned, Season 6 could pretty much be excised from the continuity.

its not like she became an element of harmony or had anything occur like the castle from season 4.
>>
>>28734760
MY
>>
>>28734664
...no they aren't. By showing up at least they don't get flanderized like LoE did to them.
>>
>>28734785
Still feels like a waste of a season though, unfortunately. Just like Friendship Games, another crappy project of Haber (which also writes off the Mane 5, I guess he hates them.) I mean FG was easily overdone by LoE, which was better, but it was still a waste of a movie.

Not to mention was such a failure it caused Hasbro to cancel dolls. Nice going, Haber.
>>
>>28734797
>Flanderized in LoE
How? At least they got to fucking do something compared to the finale, which doesn't even give most of them lines in the second part.
>>
>>28734797
The only one flanderized was rarity, The other 5 were perfectly fine. Hell, Rainbow dash and fluttershy were actually better than they were this season.
>>28734799
Well, YEAH, it was a waste of a season, but that doesn't mean that the FUTURE can't be better.
>>
>>28734799
Nah, cutting EqG back in terms of production did that. And I don't think this season was a waste at all, Spike alone justified it.

>>28734804
Rarity was written like shit, just like she was in Gauntlet of Fire. At least there she had like three lines.
>>
>>28734808
Flurtershy was really good this season and RD well...I'll give you that one. But EqG is trash regardless of execution so I'll take Newbie Dash over it even.
>>
>>28734808
>>28734812
>Flanderized Rarity
I didn't see it, what happened?
>>
>>28734824
"Dresses, dresses, dresses, Darling, Darling" Pretty much.

Pinkie's description of rarity in Pony point of view was less flanderized than she was in LOE.

>>28734819
she may have been decent this season, but fluttershy in LOE was pretty damned adorable. She was hit spot on.
>>
>>28734788
SENTRY
>>
>>28734840
So basically what she gets treated like in the other EQG movies? I mean I never found that so bad, I just didn't like that they don't get focus but at least they're there.

And oddly enough, I've often found in the series that Rarity tends to be one of the least flanderized of the Mane 6 (certainly not in the comics though), whereas Applejack is the biggest victim. So I must say, not that I don't believe you, but this is somewhat shocking to me. Either way, I should have time to watch it tomorrow.

She does look damn cute though.
>>
File: 1356487171943.png (255KB, 620x343px) Image search: [Google]
1356487171943.png
255KB, 620x343px
>>28730466

There hasn't been anything redeemable about the show since Autismo got her wings.

Repent and be saved! Abandon all later seasons! Burn the EqG Heretics!
>>
>>28734861
Its not a bad watch; The characterization is solid, and its better than Friendship games.
Unfortunately, they went Super goddamned Overboard on Romance in this one, so like 1/4 of the movie feels like filler of Timber and Twilight wanting to get it on. If they deleted that shit, the movie would be drastically better.

If nothing else, its actually got me interested in whats to come for the series by setting up some cool future stuff to explore, while Friendship games put my feelings for the equestria girls series at an alltime low.
>>
>>28734877
As long as it's better than Friendship Games. Currently I rank them as

RR>1>FG.

RR I found to be genuinely enjoyable, 1 I found to be mediocre and generic, I just found FG to be bad.

And can't really say I give a shit about Twilight and whoever's dick she's craving, I'm not a Twifag. So I'm expecting to enjoy this one, though probably a bit less compared to RR.
>>
>>28734855
UP
>>
>>28734890
That's about how I rank them as well; I go RR>LOE>EQG 1>FG.
>>
>>28730609
Focusing heavily on Sunset is fine because she's literally THE most interesting character in the entire show, to the point that FiM tried to out and out clone her with Glimmer, which failed miserably.

EQG being its own show about Sunset and other OCs or background characters given the spotlight is the best thing that could happen to the franchise
>>
>>28734944
Nah, that honor goes to Spike which is why the other spin-off focuses heavily on him.
>>
>>28734963
You're joking, right?
>>
>>28734944
No she's not, she's just the most NEW.
She's not bad, but she's in no way shape or form objectively "the best".

Its a VERY good thing that they dialed her back in importance this one; She's still the team leader, but she's not the central focus or nearly as important as in Friendship games.
>>
>>28734967
I have written at length before about this but Spike is easily the character with the most potential in this franchise, and there is precedent for continuing this quality.

Basically there's a ton of unanswered questions and things he can do, and his young age and fish out of water story is interesting. This is before you even get into all of his diplomacy stuff. If there's one character who needs a spin-off series of some kind, it's him. I just hope GoH heavily focuses on him at the very least.
>>
>>28734944
jesus, shimmerfags are literally retarded
>>
People need to get OVER glimmer; she's going to be in the series from now on, End of story, and the staff said she'd be earning her throne too.
>>
>>28735010
She's leaving in the S7 premiere.
>>
>>28735016
And you are a retard if you believe that.
>>
>>28735024
It's just as sourced as your claim.
>>
If dubs, meme magic will uncuck Flash "Brad" Sentry and bring him to the status and glory of legends like James Rolfe
>>
>>28735045
The bit about her earning her throne is from the staff at SDCC; and Given how she's been more or less the central figure of the past FOUR two parters, I think its pretty damned certain she's here to stay.
>>
>>28735049
reroll
>>
>>28735010
You're fucking stupid. Staff said she'd need to EARN her throne, not that she's getting one.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.