[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you fix season 7 /mlp/? No "Bring back Faust"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 29

File: LaurenFaust.jpg (320KB, 430x595px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaust.jpg
320KB, 430x595px
how do you fix season 7 /mlp/?

No "Bring back Faust" replies
>>
All episodes are two parters.
>>
>>28724404
Bring back Faust.
>>
File: jjjameson.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jjjameson.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>28724404
Just get rid of starlight glimmer.
>>
>>28724404
>>28724425
Also get rid of Discord, Twilight's wings, and the castle out of here!
>>
>>28724404
bring back talent
>>
>>28724404
bring back the old writers and Lauren Faust
>>
>>28724404
Much less Glimmer, handle characters better, and actually put effort into episodes.
>>
File: Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg
34KB, 200x200px
>>28724404
Put someone sane as director. I vote for Ishi Rudell
>>
Less Glimmer, more slice of life, keep the technology level at least at late 19th century, Twilight isn't always the one to save the day, less internet/pop cultural references.
>>
>>28724404
Glimmer gets shipped off back to her village or something.
Less songs, making sure the ones you have actually add to your episode.

If you absolutely must have Twilight have an apprentice, make her penpals with Moondancer.

More coordination between writers to avoid inconsistencies.

Stricter adherence to the show's bible.

Some actual adventures instead of the map sending the Mane Six around the country to cheer up a handful of people at a time.

More worldbuilding.

Fire the guy who thought the aquatic wiener dog was an okay desig to submit.
>>
>>28724425
No, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>28724535
Yeah, Ishi Rudell should be a supervising director and executive producer for S7 and S8 if necessary and the Director for 2017 than Thiessen.
>>
File: large (1).png (309KB, 1135x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).png
309KB, 1135x1024px
I like the show as it is and wouldn't change anything about it.
>>
File: 1422782532919.jpg (35KB, 377x527px) Image search: [Google]
1422782532919.jpg
35KB, 377x527px
>>28724578
Mad no one likes your shitty pink shimmer, fag?

Why don't you make a couple dozen more threads about her, that's sure to make the board come around and adopt your line of autistic thinking.
>>
>>28724587
I like how much more level headed he is compared to Jim. Ishi isn't nearly as active on Twitter though.
Also, I think hes vegan or vegetarian
Hes not a feminazi, SJW or outspoken about his political opinions which is a nice change of pace compared to our past directors.
>>
File: 1476646558708.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1476646558708.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>28724589
>>
>>28724607
McCarthy made better EqGs. The ones under him were poorly paced piles of shit.
>>
>>28724625
McCarthy still sucks! Monster High is still better then the sexist EQG.
>>
>>28724535
this
>>
>>28724625
why are you blaming him. he doesnt write them
>>
>>28724404
>No "Bring back Faust" replies
Literally who? Faust played her role. No need for her anymore
bring backLarson
>>
>>28724656
He directs it from start to finish.
>>
>>28724672
EG is watched over by Hasbro harder than MLP is since it's a new thing. They've made him change so much crap like making him change the ending of FG to the shit one we have now.
>>
>>28724686
So what we really want is more Hasbro control?
>>
>>28724404
>no [x] replies = inb4

Bring back Faust

OP CANNOT INB4 FAGGOT
>>
>>28724669
>Literally who? Faust played her role. No need for her anymore
I'd still like to see more of her vision of the show.
I'd settle for Larson though.
>>
File: 05b4b44f25f4415ea8a28f4a08c8551a.png (137KB, 1920x1636px) Image search: [Google]
05b4b44f25f4415ea8a28f4a08c8551a.png
137KB, 1920x1636px
>>28724404
start over.

Get one writer who cares about the series and is balanced enough to know how to write stories without going full autism. Employ him and only him. If he cannot commit to at least a few clear story arcs, require him to convene with a back up and create a full story bible and stick with said bible. After they leave step up QC on story and character development, Update show bible with relevant changes and how they might affect a character as they happen loosley.
>>
>>28724577
>Fire the guy who thought the aquatic wiener dog was an okay desig to submit.
It looked similar to one of Hasbro's original concepts for gay sea serpent aka Stephen Magnet before Lauren stepped in.

That's not a good sign to the future of the show if Hasbro is regressing back to their old ways. Why bother to hire a contractor to reinvigorate the franchise if you're just going to backpedal for the only thing left untouched? (art design)

We will never know. Except that it has to do with money and Hasbro's corporate image. (which also boils down to shareholders and money)
>>
I would like to see somethin' resh. Like making x pony hate y pony for a long time, not just for an episode. Also, get rid of episodes that include more than three mane 6 being in trouble.
>>
>>28724720
This.
>>
>>28724404
Recurring villain throughout the season (like Flim and Flam-tier evil)
No Sunset in Equestria
Give Starlight more personality so she isn't a soulless Twilight like she is now
Take it easy on the memes
>>
>>28724720
This is impractical, having one writer with a single story-arc and character-bible. Rick and Morty is just about the only show to do this; they have other writers to help brainstorm, but everything must be run by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon at multiple points during writing and development to ensure consistency and adherence to their vision.
>>
>>28724404
Bring back Benoit.
>>
Easy

I stop hyping myself for every episode to a level that only brings disappointment and don't expect much from new episodes

show is suddenly good again
>>
>>28724404
We know next to nothing about S7, how can we fix that which we know next to nothing about?
>>
>>28724404
Just give it the same level of quality as the second half of S6.

Also, bring back Larson.
>>
>>28724404
Bring back McCarthy to do more and stop turning the villains good.
>>
>>28724425
If I could make only one change, it'd be this

But if I had full control, I'd get rid of Glimmer and make the show be about the Mane 6 again. So the premier would be about the Mane 5 doing something because Twilight is not able to save the day, to restore some balance.
>>
File: Twilight Abomination.jpg (251KB, 1280x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight Abomination.jpg
251KB, 1280x1029px
>>28724404

Twilight has to lose her magic in order to save Equestria in the season premiere.

This sets up a season arc for her character,

1: Twilight is dealing with depression and feelings of worthlessness over losing her talent. Her friends remind her that she has other talents besides magic.

2: Twilight is jealous of Glim Glam who is now using magic to save everyone in her place. Later when shit hits the fan and the others are all incapacitated Twilight has to use her smarts to save the day.

3: Season finale epic quest to restore Twilight's magic.
>>
>>28724404
What was wrong with Season 6 besides Starlight?
>>
Could whoever wrote Rainbow Rocks write all the scripts?
>>
>>28724720
Hasjew is making a toy commercial, not a good TV-show. Quality is too expensive, it's cheaper and easier to just hire a bunch of inexperienced hack frauds to crank out dumb garbage.

As long as the animation and music are good and the colors are bright, the kids will be entertained, and nobody cares about those bitchy and autistic manchildren on the internet. Although if you throw some memes and fanservice in there and they won't even whine that much.
>>
File: Starlight Glimmer Sad.gif (454KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
Starlight Glimmer Sad.gif
454KB, 473x480px
>>28724425

I actually like Glimmer.

Her episodes this season have all been good or great and she's given Twilight something interesting to do other than Princess chores.
>>
>>28724404
Write out the Remane 5 in the premiere so more episodes can be spent on Glimmer's character arc.
>>
File: 1427753276343.png (307KB, 326x436px) Image search: [Google]
1427753276343.png
307KB, 326x436px
>>28725971
>Remane 5
>so more episodes can be spent on Glimmer's character arc.
>>
>>28725742
No, we want McCarthy fired and bring Mitch back.
>>
>>28725932
Let's' hope Twilight will lose her alicorn spirit in S7.
>>
File: Hot_Sunset_Shimmer.png (599KB, 823x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Sunset_Shimmer.png
599KB, 823x1066px
I would want to see more Sunset Shimmer, because Sunset is Bae.
>>
>>28726019
As long as she gets it back at the end of the episode so it isn't permanent.
>>
>>28724404
Bring back AKR.
Bring back Larson.
>>
>>28725942
that would be mccarthy
>>
>>28724589
same
>>
>>28725932
>inb4 Bridle Gossip
That could actually work, and you can also have the rest of the Mane 6 lose something because, remember, they're still characters every once in a while. In fact, instead, have them each go through an arc where they start hating their life, like:
>Rarity fearing her business will go down
>Fluttershy can't handle Discord anymore
>Pinkie Pie's afraid of getting older
>Rainbow Dash's companionship is Scootaloo is fading
>Applejack needs to do more to support the family
and then power through it as the season progresses. It would be a great way to make them seem more mature and learning from new misfortunes as opposed to the same rinse-and-repeat morals about overcoming difficulties with friendship that we've had for 6 seasons now.
>>
>>28724404
Return Lauren.
>>
Bring back Faust
>>
>>28724404

Bring back James Wootton and Mitchell Larson
>>
>>28727754
Yeah, for a remake.
>>
>>28724404
Lauren turned into a modern feminist tumblr retard

So cancel the show and let it rip
>>
File: Evil wizard Larson.png (157KB, 262x261px) Image search: [Google]
Evil wizard Larson.png
157KB, 262x261px
>>28724404
Bring back Larson, he was the only one who knew how to write. It's a shame that most of his scripts were heavily edited by Hasbro,

>inb4 le maymay episode
>>
>>28724404
- Bring back Mitch Larson. Bring back Amy Keating Rogers. Bring back Meghan McCarthy. Bring back Rob Renzetti. But especially Larson.

- Modern tech isn't really a new conceit, but stop using it so flagrantly and lazily. If you must use tech, maybe go for retro-futuristic Jules Verne stuff powered by magic. And I'd like to see an airship adventure with a pega-pirate attack or something, but maybe that's just me.

- Retcon EqG to be a hallucination with semi-canon elements, like Sunset Shimmer and the sirens. Keep MLP as canon to EqG, though.

- Have Twilight give up her wings so she can age normally with her friends and live a regular, non-princess life. Like an early retirement, only she's back to being a librarian, and she's still a friendship expert, and she doesn't have to force diplomatic smiles so she can go back to showing her neurotic grumpiness sometimes. Oh, and regrow the tree.

- Now that her teacher is semi-retired, send Starlight off to the Crystal Empire so she can be buddies with Sunburst and Thorax. She can show up once or twice a season like Discord does.

- Worldbuilding and lore. Give the changeling courts different names. Tell us where the Tree of Harmony came from, and what powers it. Update the world map. And so on.

- Make sure the damn newbie writers actually watch the episodes.

- Inject some well-written pathos that isn't forced, is paced well, and is set up well. Which leads us back to...

- Bring back Mitch Larson.
>>
>>28729258
All of this except the EQG part.
Further dividing the two really isn't necessary, since they don't really overlap anymore.

Also, I'd like to see the story potential of Twilight's immortality explored, but since that probably won't fly on a E rated show, her sacrificing it for Equestria/her friends is probably for the best.
>>
>>28729258
Retcon out the existence of the pointless alicorns (the pink ones) so that alicorns can be special again.
>>
>>28729296
Meh, just say that Cadance decends from a line of lesser alicorns that ruled the Crystal Empire and fled into exile when Sombra took over.
>>
>>28729258
No, don't bring back Meghan McCarthy! She ruin the show and we want her fired!
>>
>>28729307
I still prefer that they disappear, because they're walking plotholes just by existing.
>>
>>28729258
- Take the Elements of Harmpny out of the Tree of Harmony and never put it back again and return to Canterlot for emergency only.

- Turn Discord back in stone prison for all eternity.
>>
>>28729281
It's good that they're divided now, but the fact that they once overlapped more heavily still has implications for the setting and events of the show. Theoretically, those events are things that the writers would take into consideration when writing the modern-day characters. To me, it's better just to say, "Actually, they never overlapped at all" so no one has to worry about it.

>>28729296
I'm holding out hope that alicorns will make more sense after the movie. It's a slim hope, but it's there.

>>28729307
They already established that Cadance ascended like Twilight did.
>>
>>28725399
Listen to this man, I do this with almost everything on my life, and I'm happy AF 90% of the time
>>
>>28724404
25 Nightmare Night episodes, and 1 Hearts and Hooves romance episode just to mix things up
>>
>>28724404
knowing nothing of whats in it
if there are any daring do episodes unless they are retconing everything post daring dont ditch them.
maybe give trixie a little power boost i get what they were trying to do but they nerfed her a little to hard
fluttershy is pregnant but its not discords.

and for the love of god when you write a character out of an episode stop making there adventure sound more interesting then the one we are following
>>
>>28729336
>They already established that Cadance ascended like Twilight did.
In the show?
Because if it's just the comics, eh, who cares?

>>28729336
>To me, it's better just to say, "Actually, they never overlapped at all" so no one has to worry about it.
As long as they don't actually crossover, which is very unlikely, unless for the movie or something, I'm cool.
Maybe just a small thing, like Sunset's diary lying around Twilight''s castle, implying they are still penpals.
>>
>>28724669
i like faust but in some ways we are better off without her she laid some good groundwork but there were certain characters that would never be good while she was around *cough*spike*cough*

she should have gone to the comics she would get the creative control she so desired
>>
>>28729371
>i like faust but in some ways we are better off without her she laid some good groundwork but there were certain characters that would never be good while she was around *cough*spike*cough*
Not have her turn the whole thing around, but bring in some adventure to counterbalance the SoL.
Maybe the finale and a couple of two parters.
Plus, I miss her worldbuilding.

>certain characters that would never be good while she was around *cough*spike*cough*
Huh?
I seem to recall Spike becoming a whipping boy only really happening after she left.
S1 Spike was great.
>>
Can they have Berrow write a Daring Do episode so she stops being a meta meme machine? Just open up on the episode like it is a DD book or something.
>>
>>28729381
Yeah, Owls Well was great...

There was actually 2009 era concept art that showed how much the staff then disliked him. Drew him being stabbed by a sword and bleeding. Anti Spike faggotry has origins in staff and only stopped because people (kids especially) said it wasn't funny.
>>
>>28729368
>In the show?
Nah, the books. Which are arguably more canon than the comics to me, since they're written by show writers like AKR and Berrow.
>>
>>28729368
It happened in the books
>>
>>28729401
Apart from that one episode though?
He was a great straight man to Twilight's nerdy goofiness, and was generally portrayed as intelligent and very capable....
Dragon Quest and Secret of my Excess are both great.

>>28729402
>>28729403
But they still exist in that limbo of not-quite-canon unless some bigwig at hasbro decides they are, which is very unlikely to happen, since they have no reason to do so.
>>
>>28729426
secret of my excess is fine if taken in isolation but they completely failed to consider the implications on the setting (they probably never thought the show would last long enough for it to matter)
>>
>>28729460
Dragon Quest also had the same problem, it was meant to answer the entire question because the series was going to be over.
>>
>>28724404
Make Nyx canon.
>>
>>28729426
The books sell more than the comics.
>>
File: IMG_4173.jpg (669KB, 1920x2469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4173.jpg
669KB, 1920x2469px
>>28724404
I think throwing equestria born humans into the mix MIGHT help, no not the shitty little highschool horses from equestria girls. I mean the knights n kings n shit from the old gens

We know Scorpan is around, and I've always theorized that some of the other more "out-there" monsters are also cursed humans. But if we can get a plot going that throws not just 1 single bad guy, but an entire race against the ponies, I think it'd be sick

>humans used to like ponies, as they used to be simple n cutesy ala G1
>alicorns show up and start ruling
ponies
>humans try to step in and reclaim superiority or something like that
>cause war between the pony races as described in the princess platinum, wendigo play deal
>at some point full control is gained by the alicorns and attention is turned to the humans
>some are turned to monsters, others flee, but not before fucking up the alicorns till there's only a handful left
>much later Queen Chrysalis, or maybe some other villain, frees/uncurses/finds the humans
>human nation now on a warpath to the much weaker pony empire, dead set on stomping alicorns
>Scorpan is back and uncursed, acting as the friendly human to the ponies, worried for what his people might do
>"Can the mane 6 along with their new human friend hope to create friendship between the two old races!?"
>>
>>28724786
>this is impractical
yet the japanese do it for every fucking anime that exists. do you want good quality or a lot of shit? only the biggest most successful shit houses can afford to let the writer position flail wildly. you asked how to make mlp good. MLP will never agree on what is good. The most objective thing you can do to improve the story therefore is make sure the world is colorful and consistant, and that the characters develop logically. It's the most feasible way to please everyone.
>>
>>28729472
Good, the comics are mostly shite.
Still don't make the books canon though.

>>28729460
>>28729468
My point was that they both showed of Spike struggling with finding his place in the world and wether or not his species has anything to do with it.
Good stuff.
And all in the chapter of FiM you claimed was bad for Spike.
the only episode focusing on him since that came close to that for me was Gauntlet of Fire, which was quite some time later.
>>
File: 1476720411473.jpg (57KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
1476720411473.jpg
57KB, 640x365px
>>28729549
>this shit
gross. humans need to be a monster race in equestria, not your special fucking snowflake empire. I made my own humans native to equestria based on these principles. they resulted in plenty of edge but theyre intended to be a monster race so you cant really avoid that.

1: make them a monster race; a monster race is a mystic wonder, changelings wouldnt count, but hydras, windigos, and manticores would.

2: Make them tiny: Give humans a smaller effect on the world. This is a world where equine species are fucking everywhere. even the most alien race; changelings, still have an equine form. Humans should not be a major thing. If you can make them a part of some bigger, larger thing, thats even better.

3: Make them crippled; This is content for humans, people are going to be pissed if you misportray humans for no reason and there are plenty of hie haters and crazed 40kek fags ready to scream about how you did it wrong no matter which way you stand. Give humans a good reason to be a tiny myserious curio in a small part of the world.

Step 4: cut off the path to easy friendship. While humans becoming friends with equestria could be a goal of a story, they should be disliked for good reasons by equestria, so make it part of their history and the humans own concious actions. If you don't do this, all the decision made above will only be superficial as it is all torn away in an instant of friendship (this is also why the finale is garbage). Humans need to be in the wrong when it comes to friendship, even if there might be middle ground between the two under different lenses than friendship.
>>
>>28729604
Then what is gained from making them humans?
Why not the Pigorcs from G1 or Diamond Dogs?
>>
>>28729618
almost nothing is gained from them being humans. Just like almost nothing is gained from ponies being horses. If you actually wanted to though, you could make ponies more horse like (socially), which will contrast with humans, and the humans will still be distinct from other creatures.

because of very obvious reasons however, you wont see hasbro playing up equine traits when the people who have to watch are small children.

Just remember that this is an equine world. It doesnt make sense that equines would be the dominant species but they are. thats what equestria is. Add too many humans and you'll over shadow them.
>>
>>28729426
at least one book is objectively canon: the Pinkie Pie one had a callback in a S5 episode.

not quite 100% canon but not exactly limbo either.
>>
>>28729203
She always was, you just got easier to trigger
>>
>>28729258
Meghan McCarthy still wrote for S6, Flutter Brutter, 28 Pranks Later, Top Bolt.
>>
Let Slashy write for the show.
>>
>>28730346
was it her that splerged out on twitter and said that if you don't watch/support the new ghostbusters you hated all women. Or was that someone else
>>
>>28729604
Didn't seem to snowflake, they even got their butts kicked by the alicorns.

The way you paint it make the ponies seem more Mary Sue then anything
>>
>>28729468

Gauntlet of Fire was one of the few genuinely bright points of S6 because it fixed this disaster by doing it right.
>>
>>28730393
And a couple others as well, yeah. They're just story credits, though.
>>
>>28724404
Have Glimmer show up in minor roles more. Make her the center of attention less. When she does something wrong, make it so she has to work a bit before earning forgiveness.

Don't reuse lessons from earlier seasons. Don't ignore them either.

Don't make any conflicts result entirely from otherwise competent characters behaving like idiots. If the audience can spot a solution easily and there's no reason for the characters not to use or think of it, then you're probably not looking at a good story. Look at their behavior in earlier episodes if you're not sure how intelligent each pony is.

Don't have a character mysteriously fail to exist because they would have stopped the plot from happening. If you don't want them to be there, give them a reason not to be, like how the S5 premiere happened in a place Spike and Discord were too far away from to notice or help.

Try not to pad out an episode's running time. Exposition, quick jokes, and establishment of conflict are useful to a story, but they should not take up half of it, let alone more. The last two season finales both felt the need to explain every little detail of the situation to the audience before doing anything about it, and they suffered as a result.
>>
>>28724404

Twilight suddenly wakes up realizing that MMC and everything after season 3 was just a shitty dream.
>>
>>28732402

She has been in coma for the past four years.
>>
>>28732141
I disagree with using lessons if there are differing circumstances.

>>28732141
Spike was given a reason not to be there.
>>
>>28724404

With a portal to Equestria.
>>
File: 1394925458891.png (378KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
1394925458891.png
378KB, 900x508px
>>28724404
Bring back the real Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>28724404
So what you do, is you get a whole bunch of people together.

I'm talking thousands, maybe tens or hundreds of thousands.

Buy shares in Hasbro.

Band together.

Put Faust on Board of Directors.

???

That's how you save Equestria.
>>
>>28733487

Make Equestria Great Again.
>>
>>28733622
Or tell Bob Iger, the chairman of Walt Disney Company to buy the copyrights of MLP and LPS from Hasbro for a remake.
>>
>>28732402

It worked on season 9 of "Dallas"

Whose idea was it to kill Bobby Ewing anyway?
>>
File: large (4).png (796KB, 1280x535px) Image search: [Google]
large (4).png
796KB, 1280x535px
>>28724404

Make the new writers actually watch the darn episodes, at least a few from each season. SO that we get coherence and nothing contradicting.

Introduce a few more "older audience" ideas, like what happened with the Crystal War and the Ashlands apocalypse timelines, it keeps things exciting.

More worldbuilding, such as where the Changeling Kingdom is, more areas outside Equestria, and how their solar system actually works. Do Celestia and Luna actually control the sun and moon??

Also bring back Larson and Keating Rogers.
>>
File: 1469400584605.jpg (102KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469400584605.jpg
102KB, 700x700px
>>28724404
Make Scruffy a writer.
>>
>>28724404
fucking slap the shit out of Dave Rapp, Neal Dusedau and Jim Miller and tell them to actually look at more of the source material they are writer for. and NO MORE FILLER EPISODE PREMISES.
There, completely fixed.
>>
File: Luna's Dream.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Luna's Dream.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>28724720
This.

The show's artistic quality improved dramatically from Season 1, and I'd like to see a reboot with a more adventurous, yet still unique and colorful feel.

The kind of suspense and color you'd find in Gravity Falls.
>>
>>28726061
I want an Angry Pepper Shimmer to rape me ravenously.
>>
>>28734371
>Jim Miller
>writer
u wot m8
>>
>>28734734
fug
>>
>>28730883
i think she just meant that you should watch something before crticise it. poorly worded though
>>
>>28724404
stop making the show. you can't fix what is not exist
>>
>>28735102
you should throw a violin to the garbage when a string becomes tuneless, then you've fixed the problem, am i right?
>>
>>28733401
< ALL MY THIS
>>
>>28724404
There's nothing to fix, the show is and always has been a mediocre toy commercial. It becomes a lot easier to watch when you remember it's targeted at little girls who don't care for >Muh deepest lore.
>>
File: 1407551396565.jpg (113KB, 719x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1407551396565.jpg
113KB, 719x1112px
>>28730883
>>28735098
Her message was to watch the movie to forward politically correct agenda, no matter how terrible it is.
>>
>>28735823
what a fucking cunt
>>
>>28734734
He c-wrote Princess Spike, one of the worst episodes of the entire G4 run.
>>
>>28732465
I actually meant that the S5 premiere was an example of how to do it right, as opposed to the latest season finale where Discord didn't notice Fluttershy and all five princesses getting captured because reasons.

They can reuse similar lessons or maybe pass on the same ones to different characters in different situations, but we will never need another 28 Pranks Later.
>>
>>28733956
>Introduce a few more "older audience" ideas, like what happened with the Crystal War and the Ashlands apocalypse timelines, it keeps things exciting.

I sort of support this. MLP shouldn't become a show meant for adults or teenagers, but it wouldn't hurt to have it grow up with its audience just a bit more than it lately has been. The complete sidestepping of Applejack's parents and the need for every episode to have a 100% happy ending got pretty grating at certain points in season 6. If MLP would just take a shot at some kind of unhappy subject without making it all perfect again in half an hour, I know it'd pay off.
>>
>>28729296
So get rid of Cadance, Flurry Heart, and Celestia?
Sounds good to me famalam
>>
File: vapor trail.png (451KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vapor trail.png
451KB, 969x1024px
>>28724404
Season 6 was great! The episodes with new characters were the best and actually made me want to watch the show again.

The main thing to fix would be >>28724425
>>
Put me in charge.
>>
>>28736486
No, get rid of Discord, Starlight Glimmer and replace Flurry Heart with Skyla.
>>
>>28724425
I like Glimmer for giving Twilight more challenges to overcome. Since she's clearly mastered friendship the next logical step is to learn how to effectively pass your knowledge on to others which is the opportunity Glimmer created.
>>
>>28724404
There's no way to fix this show starting now in a way that would satisfy even a third of its viewers.

If I could retroactively affect S6, I'd make it so that Glimmer has a clear personality unique to her that the writers won't just make up/alter on the fly to adapt to their stories. I'd also sack Flurry Heart and work on the characters' endgames some.

Then, in S7, I'd try to tie up as many loose ends as possible (flutterbat?, tree of harmony, equestria's history, mane characters' destinies), I'd give closure to forgotten characters (key-givers from S4, Iron Will?, Lightning Dust), and I'd spend a decent portion of the season building up to a finale that would put the mane characters' skills to the test, with their destinies and their planet in the balance, concluding with the voice which narrated the storybook from the beginning telling us how about the beauty and wonders of friendship that exist all around us. The voice belongs to an older, Celestia-esque Twilight Sparkle, who reminds us that friendship is the most magical adventure of all.

THE END
>>
>>28738168
Oh no I think the show should not end at season 7.
>>
>>28724669
I miss him so much
>>
Treat the CMC like major characters, as season 5 did, and not give only 2-3 of the mane 6 ALL of the attention. Season 6 was ridiculously unbalanced in that, and the crusaders hardly even got any secondary/BG roles or appearances. It was unfair how they were treated here.
>>
>>28738219

They got two episodes (On Your Marks and The Fault in Our Cutie Marks) and the sort of CMC episode The Cart Before the Ponies (which unfortunately sucked).
>>
>>28738239
Compared to other seasons, that would be only barely acceptable for focus episodes, and only if they were allowed to really do anything outside of those episodes and get regular secondary roles like Scootaloo's in Newbie Dash. Even if you do only see them as one unit rather than individual, developed characters, they got less than ever in this season. If you do see them as individuals, as seasons 4 and 5 did, then Apple Bloom got one episode, and Sweetie and Scootaloo got 0, leaving only one balanced CMC episode.

It's fucked up. I'm not asking for a lot here. They don't have to have deep focus in 4+ episodes, but at least show that they can exist outside out CMC activities. Apple Bloom used to have nice roles in Apple family episodes.
>>
>>28724425
You can't get ride of the future new princess of Equestria.
>>
>>28736184
He has a story co-credit, which basically means he helped come up with the idea.
>>
>>28738413

On Your Marks was mostly a Sweetie Belle episode.
>>
>>28738595
I assume the worst parts were his doing.
>>
>>28724404

1. Make sure new people know the lore. It's obvious some of them don't care much. Little details slip. Example: Hearth's Warming Tail decorations were not recognizably Equestrian. They had a tree instead of a flag raising ceremony.

2. Give Applejack-Rarity pairings a rest. It's the most common by far and every aspect of their differences has been explored. We haven't seen Pinkie-Twilight or Fluttershy-Rarity since season 1.

3. Develop Starlight-Spike. Spike as always been the odd one out. Twilight is more like an older sister than a friend to him. It would good for him to have someone to treat as an equal.

4. Lots of side characters never do anything useful and make me wonder why they exist. The last to seasons have been great for Big Mac. I'd like some other characters to get similar treatment.
>>
>>28724404
Lauren Faust rules, Hasbro still sucks!
>>
>>28741850
Get rid of Starlight. She's nothing but Haber's pet hoging the spotlight from other characters anyway.

Develop Celestia, Zecora, Luna and give more screentime to secondary characters like The Cakes, the Rich family and then give the just amount of screentime to some background ponies to make Ponyville feel alive and relatable.
Especially to background ponies with some business of their own, like the Flower Trio.
>>
File: FansCantBeTrusted.jpg (131KB, 873x586px) Image search: [Google]
FansCantBeTrusted.jpg
131KB, 873x586px
From what I've heard, season 7 will only be good if the upper management quit smothering the project. Apparently a bunch of execs from different company branches jumped on the show when they realized how well it was doing, and that could be part of why the writing in season 6 was so disjointed and stupid. Everybody is trying to get something into the show so they can put their name on it and say they helped with a successful project.
>>
>>28724404
Fire Miller and Haber, then replace them with somebody who cares more about his job than about his "fame".
>>
>>28743736
Hasbro intervention actually makes the comics better, shame it makes the show worse. Then again the comic writers are even worse to the point a corporate exec can come up with a better story.
>>
File: NoControl.jpg (526KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
NoControl.jpg
526KB, 945x945px
>>28743843
Well I've heard stories about management destroying projects in other companies. Basically, as it's been explained to me, you'll get a successful project and suddenly everyone wants to be a part of it, usually because they see the people involved with it getting bonuses and promotions. If you're managing the managers, it's important to watch out for that behavior and make sure the project only has exactly as many people as it needs.

But MA Larson recently did an interview where he talked about how the writing process has changed, and he explained that a ton of people in the management levels of almost every involved company, from Hasbro to DHX, now add notes for script revisions and try to alter things. I mean, we had both "Christmas Carol" and that aesop where the girl sells her hair only to get combs as a gift - those are insanely safe scripts and yet the episodes featuring that stuff still wound up kind of a mess.

Basically, my theory is that the writers tried to put forward ideas that a dozen managers wouldn't try to alter too much, and they still got two pages of requested changes because the managers aren't trying to make a good show - they're trying to be a part of a successful project so they can get bonuses and promotions.

It would also explain why Haber brushes off criticism by acting like the show is no more important to him than a 9-5 at McDonalds and why some of the show staff has gotten so flippant about everything lately. They have no creative freedom and there are enough assholes at the office telling them what needs to be changed that when assholes on the internet do it, they just vent at Twitter because they can.
>>
>>28743881
I think you're confusing them having a bureaucracy in order to limit faults because of the intense scrutiny of the franchise.

Getting pages of notes back should in theory be a good thing by the way, it's only bad when the situation is "Great, thanks, but the lock for the script is due in three days and you gave my a month's worth of work."
>>
>>28743736
>Season 7 will only be good if the upper management quit smothering the project
They've been asphixiating the show since the end of S2, and that's not even going into whatt they've done to their other products. They're too evil (in objective terms of the word) to even consider stepping back.
>>
>>28743914
You're saying that two pages of requested changes to the structure of a script, a thing that Larson described as "too many chefs", is a good thing that overall makes the show better?

Uh, no. That is not how writing works. You usually wouldn't want more than two or three writers on a project, and having a half dozen managers making arbitrary changes to your outline sounds like a disaster.
>>
>>28743881
i miss clopwork anon
>>
>>28726061
She has movies.
>>
>>28741850
Why not just fix Twilight-Spike?
>>
>>28724404
how do we know that S7 will be bad?
>>
>>28744098

an hero
>>
>>28743814
Also fired McCarthy and Vogel and replace them with a new writer and a new story editor and push back the movie to 2018.
>>
>>28724404
Remove glimmer.
>>
File: twi spike hug.jpg (63KB, 1230x688px) Image search: [Google]
twi spike hug.jpg
63KB, 1230x688px
>>28744168
>fix

Because their relationship is fine the way it is, but Spike/Starlight represents what could be a new interesting dynamic.
>>
>>28744842
She isn't really a very good older sister to him much of the time.
>>
>>28724439
Fuck you, reformed Discord and FLutterCord is the best thing that McCarthy created post Faust along with Pie sisters and CMC resolving their arc.
>>
>>28724577
This
Literally they could replace Glimmer with Moon Dancer, Discord or Trixie and it would have been 60% better season. Glimmer is IDW comic tier character like Radiant Hope.
>>
>>28744864
Twilight is probably the best "older sister to a little brother" character in the history of western animation though
>>
File: 1431496958190.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1431496958190.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>28724535
>sexy
>half asian, half white
>also respond to fans on twitter
>isn't a dick
>always positive
>isn't fat and actually get laid
>listened to fans and cucked Flash Sentry
I see no problem with Ishi
>>
>>28729258
McCarthy didn't quit, she just doesn't have time to write for FiM and only edit the storyline with Vogel.

>>28729335
KYS

>>28729386
Berrow should become the story editor. She know everything about the show and comics and can make it all flow along with her books.
>>
>>28729604
They will sooner get centaurs and harpies than actual humans
>>
File: 1458741024522.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458741024522.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>28741850
>StarSpike faggotry
Now we know who shill for Glimmer on this board
>>
>>28744920
But she isn't, otherwise you don't watch very many cartoons.
>>
>>28744929
FLASH IS SHIT

Ishi Rudell: OK I see your point, we will turn him into meme joke character XD

jim mIller: WHAAAAAAA THE SHOW IS ONLY FOR LITTLE GIRLS WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT QUALITY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.