[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I'm super fucking pissed at what you did to me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 12341324132.png (251KB, 521x431px) Image search: [Google]
12341324132.png
251KB, 521x431px
>"I'm super fucking pissed at what you did to me, I hate you, and I hate all your friends, and I swear to god Imma kill you and rape your dog right in front of you. Peace bitch, and I'm serious, I'm gonna kill you."
Why the fuck did they just let her go? They had four princesses and a fucking god standing right there and they just let her fly off.
>>
>>28719611
To sell toys.
>>
ponies are not good at confrontation
They want her to go cool off so they can make friends with her later.
>>
>her plans got BTFO yet again
>her entire fucking army readily jumped at the opportunity to betray her for their own benefit (and could now easily betray any secret resources she could possibly fall back on)
>she got yet another glimpse of just how damn resourceful even magic-less ponies are against the likes of her, not even counting the top-tier heavy hitters who were all gathered there in one place
Her threats were all bark. Heat-of-the-moment spite that she had no hope of acting on and getting away with. At that point it'd have just been excess to smack her around even more, even if she was an outrageously malicious cunt. But then again, the least they could've done is let Cadance slap her shit for cucking her that one time and abducting her and her family - including her baby.
>>
>>28719611

>"Chrysalis, you don't have to do this. You can learn the magic of friendship, just like I did."
>"No? Alright then. Girls, take her away to rot in Tartarus for the rest of her life."

They let her go because Glimmer still has faith in Chrysalis and they didn't want to make Chrysalis even more bitter and hateful.
>>
>>28719816
Okay, not for nothing, but the last time a super magical being got pissed off at someone at that group and ran off, they later almost destroyed time space and reality.

Just saying, maybe don't hedge your bets that it's going to end up as lucky as it did last time.
>>
File: HATE.jpg (60KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
HATE.jpg
60KB, 706x706px
>>28719611
They're gonna reform her in season 7. I swear if they don't I'm going to turn into a super sayian. and blue up the planet.
>>
Her exit was pretty bad ass though
>>
>>28719611
This whole shebang about reformation is nothing more than shit writing.
>>
>>28719941
No kidding.

That's why everybody is bitching about it.
>>
File: 2105429120.png (554KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2105429120.png
554KB, 1024x576px
>>28719611
>Why the fuck did they just let her go?
So she can return next season for another dramatic showdown.

In-universe-wise, I'm guessing everyone was just following Starlight's example since she confronted Chrys first. And Starlight wanted to be merciful.
A stupid decision, of course, but pones aren't always smart. We know that.
>>
>>28719989
What I don't understand why some Anons try to make heads or tails out of some plot-hole filled aspects.
>why did they act so out of character?
>why not do a rational thing?
>how is even x supposed to work, it doesn't make sense!?

There is no reason to search for canon explanations, its just shit writing.
>>
>>28719621
This and >>28719911
This
>>
>>28720032
It's basically a way of coping.

This shit doesn't make sense at first glance but maybe, just MAYBE, it makes sense when you look deeper into it.
>>
Also, correct me if Im wrong, but dont finales tend to be pretty good episodes that shit the bed about 5-10 min before the end?

Like they have pretty good plot that they have no idea how to close, so they go for the easiest and most hamfisted way about it and slap a morale on it that have fuck all to do with what actually was happening throu the episode?
>>
>>28720053
Sounds unhealthy.
>>
>>28720071
Not every finale ends like that; S1 and S2's end episodes were paced fine and made sense.
But it is a consistent problem for a lot of regular episodes.
>>
>>28720784
> S1 and S2's end episodes were paced fine
What about the rest?
S3 finale last 5 min was tragic to the show itself.
S4 finale ended up in DBZ tier fight and get rid of treebrary.
S5 finale ended in travel across alternate universes and reformation of season antagonist. I didn't watch it but I think I remember people being less than happy by Glimmer being made good.
And now in S6 we get supposedly good finale ending in reformation of the whole species from cool love eating bugs with holes into rainbow colored beetles that share what they were supposed to eat and because of it are never hungry anymore.

Tell me more about S4&5 finale.
Were they also fine episodes that bombed in the last minutes?
>>
>>28720823
treebrary was good writing, what replaced it wasnt. honestly the dbz fight should have happened. it really is fucking stupid though that twilight couldn't beat him with 3 alicorn friends
>>
File: 001.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
001.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>28720784
Season 2's finale ended with a deus ex machina, though. Much like this one.

Granted, it didn't fuck up a species but just got rid of the villain.
>>
>>28720823
S3 and S4 were paced fine, but made massive changes (Twilycorn and blowing up the treebrary) that pissed everyone off. S5's ending is a little rushed, and YMMV depending on how you feel about Glimmer's backstory and reformation. Personally I feel it was just fine.
>>28720845
That ending was harmless, it didn't change anything seriously and made reasonable sense for a little girl's show. Nothing like the ending to S6.
>>
>>28719611
They are going to turn her into Trixie 2.0

Or the girls are going to have to save her fro a threat.
>>
>>28720871
didnt change that while it gave us bugmom in the first place that episode was garbage.
>>
>>28719621
It won't be them, it'll be Thorax and she'll be all pretty and neon colors just like the rest.

And you will RREEEE.
>>
>>28720871
>S3 and S4 were paced fine
S3 finale was below awerage episode, even if you not take into consideration last five minutes and fact that its supposed to be a season finale.

It got too much meaningless songs, montages, dubious morale, and on top of it all it irreversibly changed main character in a way many of us dont like.

Just take MMC and end it at the moment they reverse the spell. Its a mediocre episode.
Add Twi becoming an alicorn princess because of ambiguous in-story reasons in last 5 min and make it a finale. Thats really fucking bad.
>>
>>28720871
There were more problems with season 3's finale than Twilicorn. Like way too much singing which screwed up its pace, and the fact that they made cutie marks about not just talent but goddamn destiny.

But I agree that season 4's finale was okay, all in all. Except replacing the library with a literally-sprouted *castle*. That was hamfisted as all fuck.
>>
File: tumblr_lmlijaKnrA1qj87c7o1_1280.jpg (433KB, 513x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmlijaKnrA1qj87c7o1_1280.jpg
433KB, 513x700px
>>28719905
>>
File: 1475831936790.jpg (344KB, 991x567px) Image search: [Google]
1475831936790.jpg
344KB, 991x567px
>>28720923
>>28720942
I suppose my point is that pacing is one problem that has hurt a lot of episodes, but the finales suffer from more problems than just rushed endings. Particularly, it seems like every finale has to be used as an excuse to shoehorn in an excuse for new toy designs or characters.

S2 introduced Cadance and Shindig out of thin air, though the episode was saved by Chrysalis and Larson's writing. S3 was a complete mess, they forced Twilight's princessification into a normal episode plot and then spent the next episode awkwardly trying to justify it. S4, treebrary gets nuked for the crystal castle, and Rainbow Power gets forced in and then immediately forgotten. S5, Glimmer redemption (though this wasn't as bad IMO).

Now we have S6, where the changelings are reformed into ugly mutants in the most rushed, awkward way possible, while Chrysalis swears revenge and then is allowed to escape for no reason. It's not just a rushed ending that's the problem here, but I still don't know why they wrote such a poor ending since I don't see any reformedling toys anywhere. I'm assuming they had to kill off the drones and use cheeselegs as a solo villain next season, but that's a pretty poor justification for yesterday's finale IMO.
>>
>>28719611
,>S7 they send her a greeting card with a gift card the hit with a magnet.
>>
>>28720845
Why didn't this transform any of her changeling.
>>
>>28720845

Yeah I never got this. They feed off love right? So why the fuck didn't this increase their power l3v3ls?
>>
File: 95.jpg (58KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
58KB, 600x338px
>>28721097
>>28721136
Because they were, pretty reasonably, not blasted by literal love but by an empowered version of Shining's city barrier.
>>
>>28720961
>Particularly, it seems like every finale has to be used as an excuse to shoehorn in an excuse for new toy designs or characters.
I see this meme parroted a lot.

Time to back up your claims. Show us some of those fucking toy designs.

Anyone? No?
>>
>>28720891
She's already pretty and her hair/eyes are neon.
>>
>>28721188
Are you really that lazy that you can't just punch in "MLP toys" into google or amazon? They do exist, for pretty much every major element of the show.
>>
>>28719941
God the changlings all giving there love scene felt so fucking rushed.
>>
>>28721208

Sorry, no matter how hard I try can I find a "nu-changeling" toy. Do they have an official name other than just "changeling" used in toy merchandizing?
>>
>>28720823
>shitting on the dbz fight.
Its like you want our planets women to grow up weak kids need a dose of violence every now and again so they grow up with that fighting spirit and they sure as hell aint getting that from the power puff girls anymore
>>
>>28721229
If I wanted a dbz fight, I would watch dbz.
>>
>>28721225
Well that's the thing, there is none. Other shit like rainbow power and Twilycorn had a bunch of marketing and toys behind it, and this doesn't. So it seems unlikely that reforming the changelings was forced upon DHX by Hasbro to shill new toys.

Therefore, I'm assuming the writers wanted to keep Chrysalis evil but remove Thorax and the drones, in order to have a solo villainess to use for S7 or the movie. It explains the transformation, and why cheeselegs was unrepentant but allowed to escape at the end.
>>
>>28721286
So, hack writers?
>>
>>28721320
Yup.
Writing an entire species out of the show in a nonsensical way because 'lol Glimmer episode.'
>>
>>28721320

How so?
>>
>>28721212
Wasn't as rushed as the entirety of "Magical Mystery Cure" but it definitely did not feel well-planned.
>>
>>28721335
With a machete.
>>
>>28721286
That's because it's Haber. Remember back at the beginning of the season when he said they wanted to include the swan-boat as toy marketing, and he included Flurry Heart because he thought it would be "less forced"? And then the episode came out, and it turned out he "doesn't have time" to read up on the existing lore of the show?

Yeah.
>>
>>28721362
Is he getting fired?
>>
>>28719611
She didn't want to be mute like the rest of them.
>>
>>28721362

Don't remember that at all, you got any sauce for those quotes?
>>
>>28721434
She lost her double-voice tho, didn't she?
>>
>>28721362
>it turned out he "doesn't have time" to read up on the existing lore of the show?
When did he say this and how did it affect an episode?
>>
>>28721498

They haven't given a fuck about filtering her voice since her first apperance
>>
>>28721507
Shame, it made my dick diamonds.
I guess you can't expect those lazy fucks to do anything properly.
>>
>>28719611
Most of them were just out of a changeling coma-inducing pod. Pretty sure that stuff drain magic / strength pretty well.
As for Discord, he only gave a shit because Fluttershy was involved. Once she was saved, I doubt he felt very concerned by anything else.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.