[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you tried Sulphur's demo, /mlp/? It�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

Why haven't you tried Sulphur's demo, /mlp/? It's really fun.

Successful kickstarter thread. One hour left to secure your copy!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oddwarg/sulphur-nimbus-hels-elixir
>>
File: demo_walljump.webmsd[1].webm (638KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
demo_walljump.webmsd[1].webm
638KB, 720x404px
Commencing webm deposition. This is easily my favourite part of the demo, I love that N64 aesthetic and the momentum physics, first time I did a wall run on accident was like holy shit this is cool.
>>
File: demo_straw.webmsd[1].webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
demo_straw.webmsd[1].webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>28695311

It never occurred to me to try this (not my webm), I love the easter eggy attention to detail though.
>>
Is this Dark Skyes?

Do I need to go out and buy some more raisins?
>>
File: demo_dance.webmsd[1].webm (708KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
demo_dance.webmsd[1].webm
708KB, 720x404px
I'm still not sure what the "censorship" option in the settings implies... but I have a feeling this dancing pony might have something to do with it
>>
>>28695465
Apparently Sulphur has a butthole if it's off. Not sure what else it affects.
>>
File: demo_dash_attack.webmsd[1].webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
demo_dash_attack.webmsd[1].webm
1MB, 720x404px
This "boss" fight killed me a lot. Got some real Vulcan Raven vibes from it, which is probably intentional. The combat system is already pretty fun and will probably only get better as more skills are added and enemies become more advanced.

Only 10 minutes left to pledge for your goodies now!
>>
File: demo_tunnel.webmsd[1].webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
demo_tunnel.webmsd[1].webm
2MB, 720x404px
Ending it with a full on sanic run of the tunnel section. This is so speedrunner friendly, can't wait to see the insane tricks people will pull off.

5 minutes left, last chance guys!
>>
>>28695580
Nah, I can't get behind that character design.

If it was just a pegasus, that'd be cool and I'd probably get behind this but what is that fucking amalgamate?

I also don't see how this is pony.
>>
>>28695595
I think it's a griffon. Colorscheme makes it hard to tell, though.
>>
>>28695613
It has hooves though. A hippogryph?
>>
>>28695285
I really can't get behind this.

It's clear that he's put a lot of work into this but I just can't stand how fanfiction-y literally everything about it is. The character design, the names, the general furfag-ness of the whole project is just too much.

Kinda sad really, could have been a good game if the creator didn't decide to make it all about his OC and who obviously doesn't have the best aesthetic design sense (seriously, these character designs are complete ass).
>>
>>28695669
I used to think the same thing, but Sulphur grew on me after playing for a bit.

still think that black cat thing is ugly as shit

captcha: hotel Hotel
>>
>>28695595
It's a hippogrif. Which doesn't explain the unicorn with two paws.
>>
>>28695669
Gotta be fanfictiony to not get a C&D from Hasbro. Hopefully the maker will put out an anonymous canon mod. Supposedly it was originally supposed to be RD as the main character.
>>
>>28695705
>Scroll back up
>The pony does have paws.

What the fuck?
>>
>>28695713

A canon mod already exists, there's even a Rainbow Dash model supplied with the demo from what I heard, for those with the coding know-how to enable it.
>>
>>28695713
Bullshit, just use pony OCs that have decent designs. Remember the basics of colour theory and let the general aesthetic of the show guide you.

As long as it's not one of their characters Hasbro can't do shit. You don't need to go full fanfiction using alternate races to get past this.
>>
>>28695783
>just use pony OCs that have decent designs
This. Hasbro will nail you if you use RD, but they can't do shit about non-canon ponies. Just like they can't do shit about Filly Funtasia.
>>
File: unknown.png (361KB, 1094x807px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
361KB, 1094x807px
>>28695465
>>28695487
Dunno if the textures are available for it, but the polygons are there.
>>
Really glad this got funded. I had a blast with the demo. Looking forward to the release now!
>>
Game looks ugly.
>>
There's no point in adding genitals to this game if it's bot clop.
>>
>>28696166
*not
>>
>>28696020
The game's graphics are fine, but the characters are ugly
>>
>>28696178
This might be better, they stick out so much.
>>
>>28695692
I kinda like the Black Walrus/Dog thing (It has a horn and whiskers and he made a joke about her swimming in a migration video so that's my best bet. Explains the horn.) since it's started to grow on me. I thought she'd be a dumb OW THE EDGE tier character but it seems like she is actually more of a tease than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReEusa_TcRw
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: large1.png (78KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
large1.png
78KB, 1250x1000px
>>28695285
One improvement I'd like for the game is to make it easier to stop and hover in the air. I know that isn't entirely realistic, but it shouldn't be extremely hard to land on things while flying, trying to land on those clouds was painful. Also maybe tone the bloom down, even with the best option to turn it off, it was still really high. I think he does it because his current rig is a toaster and the bloom helps hide jaggies for him, but for anyone else with a half decent computer it's a huge aesthetic turn off.

Moving onto character designs, Sulpher is fine, though maybe he should settle on what her coat (does she have a coat if she's a hippogriff?) color really is. In all the promotional art she's pretty fucking yellow. The enemies are decent design wise and I have no complaints.

Onto the Elephant in the room...Melinda. Personally I don't hate her design as much as other people seem to do, but it definitely has problems. Specifically, her coat is too damn black. I don't just mean that in the 'lol ow the edge' manner, but I mean she's so black that it actually makes it had to see the details of her face and body unless you set your monitor right or have a close up. For example: me and most other players couldn't tell what her belt was suppossed to be until closer inspection. At the very least, her coat absolutely needs to be toned down. Right now because she's so black she sticks out like a sore thumb and is perfect fuel for people who accuse the game of being an OC donut steel simulator. I think if her colors are tweaked to a reasonable level people would be more willing to warm up to her.
>>
>>28698568
It pretty much *is* donut steel simulator though. The main character looks just as ridiculous, the colours clash bad, and I want to say the guy plastered his pony OC "logo" thing into the game at some points?

As for the landing on clouds thing, I know what you're talking about but after some training I found landing to be perfectly smooth. Got to throttle your speed beforehand little by little before going for a complete halt, also changing directions (even by a small degree) while slowing down helps slow down even further as it stops you from regaining any momentum. Got to say, the whole momentum based flying feels real nice and liberal and consistent and so much fun it outweighs all the other shit, and there is a lot of questionable other shit to this game.
>>
>>28699403
What are some of your other grievances?
>>
>>28699410
In addition to the fuckugly characters and questionable graphics?

Well everything about the fighting was atrocious. The moves you can do all feel stumpy and slow, and the AI just dodges randomly so it's like, I could do that long winding kick which does a lot of damage (but be intercepted at random and have it dodged at random) or, do what I found to be most effective, which is just run up and mash the normal attack button which is really consistent but also really boring. There never seemed a reason to be dodging or evading anything yourself. On another note, the "stages" so far are poorly designed, I don't even know where to start, mostly every route there was felt bad - aside from flying "free form" and trying to collect the yellow balls. One more thing I want to say is, what little music there was made my ears bleed. No music is better than shitty music...

I mean supposedly it was a quickly thrown together demo so that's not a fair thing to criticize I guess. But I'm always doubtful with stuff like that, why would you just hastily throw something together for a kickstarter you've been planning for months? Why am I supposed to believe the quality is gonna change tremendously for the final thing?
>>
>>28699410
>>28699472
That whole thing sounded more negative than I wanted it to. I still dig it. I had my fun with this but yeah at the end of the day it's run-of-the-mill indie stuff
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.