[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder if we will continue to get amazing Spike episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: medium(27).png (367KB, 571x600px) Image search: [Google]
medium(27).png
367KB, 571x600px
I wonder if we will continue to get amazing Spike episodes next season.
>>
Hopefully
>>
>>28649028
Fuck you, Jim.
>>
>>28649117
*Slashy
>>
Spike turned out pretty well lately, I'm glad that he's not that flat and forgettable anymore
>>
>>28649117
>implying spike hasnt been used supremely well this season
dont meme so hard, you cuold hurt yourself.
>>
>>28649228
You know, I've noticed that since Big Jim's epic meltdown we have been geting way too many threads prasing season 06.

It's as if somebody were trying too hard to implant some desperate viral shilling.

I wonder who could be that certan somebody.

Just sayin'...
>>
>>28649245
if you were around for every single poll thread, youd know the vast majority has enjoyed s6.

like i said, dont meme so hard.
>>
>>28649261
Hello Jim.
>>
File: oh you.png (148KB, 268x312px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.png
148KB, 268x312px
>>28649265
>dont meme too hard?
>meme harder
>>
>>28649245
But Spike really has been great this season.
>>
>>28649309
Describe how.
>>
>>28649323
>Has two solo episodes where he is able to spread friendship to another race.
>Is the only one who really seems to actually teach Starlight friendship and is able to see her faults
>Puts up with Discord's BS longer than nearly anyone else and is willing to call him a loser to his face.
>>
>>28649323
And of course you don't answer.

Hint: "Less crappy than usual" =/= "Amazing"
>>
>>28649361
I just did.
>>
>>28649323
He's actually been used as a character rather than a prop.
>>
>>28649354
GoF had him literally being carried around and given the blood scepter on a silver platter by Ember.
TaCh had him behaving like a bumbling idiot, nearly killing himself, being saved twice by the same guy and nobody buying his "Changelings can be good, m'kay?" speech until Twilight stepped in.

His DnD episode with Big mac and Discord was an ass pull after other (Offscreen friendship with Mac tried to pass as something that was a thing all along)

Call me once Spike could have an episode without behaving like an idiot, without stumbling with the plot, without everyone carrying him around and with him getting shit done all by himself.

Want an example of a well written Spike?
Lesson zero Spike.
>>
>>28649469
Okay, but he was actually better in The Crystalling though.
>>
>>28649323
he feels like a real character. hes not just used for slapstick humor and to get shit on. hes actually contributing to the story in ways that matter. his attitude has also improved.
>>
>>28649482
All what he did was talk and talk while everyone else behaved like braindead idiots so Haber's pet could look awesome.

Remember Spike and Zecora's Friends Forever comic?
Now THAT is a well written Spike.
>>
>>28649499
> Opinions

It's pitful to see how S06fags try to defend Spike but cannot do it without being so fucking vague.
It's as if they didn't had any real examples to bring up.
>>
>>28649509
He kept Glimmer focused and motivated on her goal despite her reluctance to do so. She even tries to set him up for failure and he catches onto her plan pretty quickly.
>>
>>28649521
Talk and talk.
And Glimmer tricks him into doing retarded shit on a later episode.

Lesson zero Spike is how he should have been written all along.
Not some "Oh, he's less crappy now so that makes him great, right?" bullshit.
>>
>>28649529
How is Spike better in Lesson Zero than he is in the Crystalling?

I don't recall Glimmer tricking Spike into doing anything.
>>
Why are spikefags so autistic?
>>
>>28649521
No second Prances confirms that Starlight Glimmer do NOT consider him as a friend.
>>
>>28649539
Spike would have broken that episode.
>>
>>28649538
They insist to see Spike as an awesome character despite being written like shit.

But again, practically every character was written like shit during S06.

>>28649535
Lesson Zero Spike was proactive, constantly called Twilight out on her autism and eventually he called Celestia on his own because he knew Twilight was about to do some retarded shit.

In no moment he was a bumbling idiot, and in no moment he stumbled with the solution just by chance: he knew what was going on and he knew what he was doing all the time: big difference regarding lis later episodes.
>>
>>28649520
you do realize you thinking hes shit is your opinion, right faget?
dont play that card.
>>
>>28649469
It was teamwork in GoF. And TaCh was him putting the greatest thing he earned in his life on the line.
>>
>>28649556
Again, the same way he was portrayed in the Crystalling.
>>
>>28649552
Then that episode shouldn't have been written if the premise itself is already flawed?

But again: Haber's pet, and what Haber wants, Haber gets.
>>
>>28649556
>knew what was going on and he knew what he was doing all the time

Where is the arc in this character? There's no growth. They're just a plot element, not a character.
>>
Since all spikefags are on heavy shilling duty, I'll give up and walk away.

Enjoy your shit sundae, I suppose?
>>
>>28649566
Well didn't the same thing happen in the Larson-written S5 premiere? Spike broke that episode too.
>>
>>28649578
See you in the next thread.
>>
>>28649578
>people liking what i hate is shilling
go meme somewhere else rarifag.
>>
>>28649028
I thought the same about Apple Bloom after season 5, where her attention was consistently deep and quality. But then she was treated like shit in this season. Try not to get your hopes up, too much.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.