[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Let's redeem her >Rush it, undermining her established

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

>Let's redeem her
>Rush it, undermining her established character and giving her character whiplash the likes of which I've never seen
>Now she's redeemed, we have no further use for her
>She never gets an episode again

Fuck everything. I literally want to drop an atom bomb on whoever thought redeeming of her in a single non-2-part and never using her again was acceptable.
>>
this was a five year anniversary
i though it was a nice gift to take the blandest character from the show and actually give her some inner conflict
well CMC getting their butt tattoos was cool too
>>
>>28633120
I don't get the whole "redeeming/reforming" thing. Tiara's was rushed as you said, Starlight's came out of nowhere and didn't seem sincere, and Discord wasn't really evil to begin with.
>>
>>28633155
It would have been good if it was done properly (you cannot tell a story like that satisfactorily in 22 minutes) and she wasn't written off with it, but it wasn't and she was.
>>
>>28633120
DT resolving her beef with Apple Bloom and the CMC getting their cutie marks should have been separate, unrelated episodes, and the CMC's CMs should have been the ones that have been being foreshadowed since "The Show Stoppers".
CotLM was a travesty in every respect. Arguably the worst episode of the series. Eps like MMDW and SaYS were bad, sure, but they weren't the culmination of character arcs that have been going since practically the beginning of the show.
>>
>>28633120
Welcome to Miller and Haber's era.
>>
>>28633120
Who knows?
I mean, we just had another episode about the richs' and I'm sure we'll get more.
Filthy rich always appeared as a 'bad guy', as a business maniac that could do anything just to get more pesos, but in the end he seems like an okay guy, and spoiled is the fucking bitch.
Wouldn't surprise me if we get more stuff on them next season. DT has always been just another background poni in the end, and will always be.
>>
>s5 shills will defend crusaders of the lost marks

I remember when this shit ep televised, everyone gave it 10/10 now its dhowing its true colors
CMC are obnoxious brats that shouldnt exist, all their episodes are below average in quality
>>
>>28633860

I wouldn't call it worst, but my god when I saw how they got their cutie marks and what they were for you better fucking believe I was pissed. You can claim that each has the small symbol in the shield to represent their personal talents, but that just shows that it is overshadowed by the 'talent' of helping other discover themselves. Being teased non-stop all the way into season 4 about what their cutie marks truly were made it a real let down when they went for the route of making them able to be besties forever and work together. I really wanted to see each develop their own, unique talents with the help of eachother, not turn into the pony-sonified version of the club they created.
>>
>>28633120
Fuck you. Her redemption was handled better than any other villain/antagonist in the show.
>>
>>28634885
Her redemption was fanfic-tier bullshit.
Her breakup with Silver Spoon happens because DT is written as a ridiculous self-parody and SS suddenly grows a spine with no foreshadowing or explanation. DT's heretofore-unseen emotionally-abusive mom and her conflict therewith are introduced and dispelled in less time than it takes to boil an egg.
It's insulting that nearly five years of buildup were wasted on such an unsatisfying resolution.
>>
>>28634885
In concept, sure, but the execution was abysmal.

>SS suddenly not DT's friend
>This is not further explored
>DT has bitch mother that was never foreshadowed
>CMC get her to drop her guard and open up
>Pipsqueek interrupts
>Suddenly she's a dick again
>Suddenly she's not a dick and stands up to her bitch mother, again with no foreshadowing
>At least 5 minutrs taken from Tiara for the Cutie Marks
>Cutie Marks are shit, don't match the established foreshadowing and clash with all three coats
>Diamond Tiara is suddenly good after 5 seasons of bitchyness that she clearly revelled in before 'lol jk, my mother makes me a dick'

Fuck that episode. If they had foreshadowed her mother, given the Silver Spoon breakup more focus and hadn't tried to jam the CMC resolution into it then it could have been great and really developed her for the better, but they didn't, it didn't and it remains the dictionary definition of squandered potential.
>>
>>28634885
>Better than discord
Yeah, no. The pussy is stronger than 'the power of friendship'
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.