[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any one want to spoonfeed me a rational theory on how the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1447521610577.gif (875KB, 402x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447521610577.gif
875KB, 402x480px
Does any one want to spoonfeed me a rational theory on how the changelings captured every powerful unicorn in Equestria at the same time?

Setting aside the effort they went to just to attack the first time, the changelings seem really bad at pulling off disguises. Their mane 6 impressions were awful and both episodes showed nobody falling for their bullshit.

Saying that they were overwhelmed is all well and good, but what was stopping them from doing this before if they could attack a revitalized Crystal Empire, Canterlot, and Ponyville at the same time?

I know the writers never really gave a shit about making alicorn capturing believable, but with all the effort they put into acknowledging Discord (at least some effort) it really drives my dick up the wall that they didn't even try to explain how drones casually picked up and flew off with every single powerhouse in Equestria.
>>
File: bean magic.jpg (13KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
bean magic.jpg
13KB, 345x345px
>>28592976

magic
>>
>>28592976
Use your imagination. Remember that? Oh right, you need everything spoonfed to you because it's 2016 and you're a jaded fuck.
>>
>>28592976
Plot convenience, shitty writing, whatever
>>
>>28592995
I loved this finale, still love the show, have never defended s1 over the later seasons and only wanted a theory that I could wrap my head around

also fuck you
>>
>>28592976
I imagine they did it one princess at a time, first infiltrating among the guards and then, when a princess was alone, Chrysalis subdued them with her magic before they could call for help.
>>
vomit cocoon juice on them while they sleep
>>
Emotional distress. They captured discord with a bunch of crying fluttershies even though he knew what was going on
>>
>>28592976
>>28592995
He can't use his imagination. It's ok I'll do it for him.
>3 guards get replaced
>they never talk anyway so nobody notices
>they get themselves put on duty around the princess
>They all shoot lasers at her back
>princess backs are vulnerable to lasers
>they stuff her in a closet until they can get her out of the castle
>one takes her place
wow so hard to think of
>>
>>28593014
Hell come to think of it they wouldn't be the only ones to fall for that trick
>>
>>28593008
But the writers seemed to almost go out of their way to make the changelings appear incompetent in disguising themselves. I can't imagine Celestia finding any sort of disguise believable when Starlight could immediately pick apart the bullshit they were pulling in Ponyville.
>>
>>28593018
>3 guards get replaced
>princess is none the wiser
>they went to all that trouble in their first invasion

I specifically asked why the changelings were somehow able to do this now and not before.
>>
Celestia just vanished into thin air when Nightmare Moon showed up in the very first episode. Let's not pretend the show has never used contrived plot conveniences before.
>>
>>28593059
They learned from their previous mistake.
>implying the princess has extended conversations with all of her guards
If you're asking why they exercised such a roundabout method of taking Canterlot during the S2 finale and didn't replace guards I would guess bad writing and they didn't think they could sneak in such large numbers.
Replacing guards wouldn't have changed the fact that a giant love bubble launched them out of Canterlot. It would have circumvented the need for mind raping Shining Armor but I guess the changelings (writers) didn't "think" of that.
>>
>>28593074
she knew twilght and her friends had to handle that as part of their training
>>
It's just irrelvant to the story of the main characters of the episode, it'd be a waste of time to spend 5 minutes explaining it.

It happened, the end, move on.
>>
>>28592976
Pieces of the throne
Boom, done
>>
>>28593108
It still feels crappy to say that these drones that were basically acting like the three stooges in the first part of the finale could just waltz in to the most well guarded parts of Equestria and saunter off with the princesses.

To be fair, the drones weren't entirely incompetent in the finale, but that they were able to suddenly get off their asses without the queen directly engaged and takeover with no signs of major losses is hard to wrap my head around regardless of how often the princesses seem to put their heads in the dirt.

Even if they just showed a single drone clonking Celestia on the head, it would have been something. The idea that the watcher shouldn't even need an explanation for all these powerful ponies suddenly being captured is just headache inducing.

Is it possible? I guess. Should it be possible? Not really. It just blows my mind that the changelings captured all of them so easily and it's to be treated as so regular that we don't even need to be told how it happened.
>>
>>28593145

That's your explanation. There's no explanation for it in the show. She just vanishes and reappears out of nowhere again at the end.
>>
>>28593156
>move on
Why would I be on a board for discussing ponies if I was not interested in trying to discuss anything that happened in the 22 minutes of pony.

I won't lose any sleep over it (actually, I am, it's 5 in the morning over here) but I'm interested in what people thought about the topic
>>
>>28593108
remember that in the S2 finale, Canterlot was on high alert only because they had advance warning of an attack. so I guess they couldn't sneak more changelings in.

that's my explanation for why her plan went much more smoothly in the S6 finale, it was completely unexpected this time. Celestia stood even less of a chance than she did the first time.
>>
>>28593166
>a princess who sits on a throne all day cannot tell that a throne is made of bugs
Anon, please kill yourself. You deserve death for the use of "boom done" alone, but that extra retarded explanation just really makes the case that you don't need to exist.
>>
I guess I'll go with the theory that the guards, being the equivalent of potted plants, are actually the biggest security risk to Equestria as they are practically invisible to both friend and foe.

Still makes you think, any villain is basically inferior to a handful of mute changelings.
>>
Luna was being taken in her dream, so the changelings probably attacked them while they were sleeping and defenseless.
>>
>>28593180
>it's to be treated as so regular that we don't even need to be told how it happened
The result of pacing related time constraints, I would guess.
Remember when that vine snuck up behind Princess Celestia in the season 4 premier?
Just imagine something like that.
It's kinda lame that the princesses don't have any better security despite employing a royal guard and are so consistently useless themselves.
Princess Celestia toys must sell like shit because they never give her any screen time or credit for upper brain activity.
>>
>>28593280
Pieces of Chryssi's throne you drooling fucking retard
>>
>>28593059
Because last time Chrysalis was an attention whore and wanted to stand in the spotlight of her freaking plan, by replacing the princess of Love and fucking her fiancee into submission.
>>
>>28592976
the element of surprise can let even under-armed forces get the upper hand on top of the line forces.
>>
File: image.jpg (288KB, 1704x1424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288KB, 1704x1424px
>>28592976
Well, just like last night i am back to presenting exhibit A for the court of /mlp/. Remember when Equestria was in grave danger from Tirek, and both Royals had a vision of thr future? at least 48 hours before he was even a real threat, hence why they sent Discord? i guess having the mane6 Themselves. Crystal Empire royals, ect, dont apparently account for Equestria facing grave danger for that abilty to trigger huh?

Also exhibit B id like to point out with just Shining Armor's love/Magic she defeated Celestia. So all those listed above, she still gets bested by a unicorn eith no magic just a speech?

>inb4 she didn't take their love/magic yet.

So you are gonna tell me even at her BASE power level couldn't destroy Starlight?

Final Exhibit C. Unlike Canterlot wedding where you can argue the blast that defeated Chrissy was love, or powered by love/willpower. This time it is clear her Hive gave her their love. So wouldnt that just make her supremely powerful anyways? Thats what she was gonna do to the ones she captured!
>>
>>28592976
>thinking a alicorn princess is competent enough to avoid capture.
Remember that time Cadance got captured by Chrysalis? And then Celestia got her ass kicked and put in a cocoon? Remember that time Celestia and Luna got captured by vines? Remember that time Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle got captured by Starlight? Remember that time Celestia and Luna got sent to Tartarus by Tirek?

I have no idea why anyone would be surprised that all the alicorns were captured.
>>
>>28593558
Their future vision made them send the only person who could turn Tirek into a threat to capture him. The only reason Equestria was almost destroyed was because they had that vision, I wouldn't be surprised if they got one about the changelings and Celestia's stupidity was the only reason the changelings were able to capture everyone.
>>
File: Celestia's gift.gif (81KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
Celestia's gift.gif
81KB, 800x529px
>>28593558

>A,
Celestia had a vision, Luna shared her vision.
Word of God says Celestia can't control her power, only intuit the meaning of scattered vision.
Considering Celestia's vision is what almost fucked Equestria over in the first place when Discord betrayed everyone, I'd say the power is VERY unreliable.

>B,
Celestia most likely isn't that strong, and barely ever uses magic. Which is why she never shows up on the frontline for anything.
Luna is one of the greatest unicorn-type magician in Equestria but she wasn't around for that episode... for... reasons...
Look at Chrysalis' beam in this episode, when she hits the base of the throne, it's far more powerful than Twilight's beam, but it's nowhere near on the same level as Luna's or NMM's.

>C,
Only Thorax gave his love to Chrysalis directly, and she couldn't absorb it all at such a rapid pace (you can actually see the "love magic" spilling all around her, it's a bit like trying to drink from a fire hose)
The rest gave their love to each other, or to Thorax maybe? We don't see clearly, but Chrysalis isn't part of it, and the throne reacts against it.
>>
File: bump thread.gif (482KB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
bump thread.gif
482KB, 300x252px
>>
If the stone nullifies magic, why didn't they just made an armour or armours from that? Better question, where did the throne came from?
>>
>>28592976
Chrysalis could have gave each Changeling a piece of the throne or at least something that has the same magic. It's far-fetched but it's literally the ONLY explanation that makes sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>28593038
>>
The finale will undoubtedly bring forth even bigger shitstorm than Twilight's wings. Heck, even I'm kida on edge about the new changeling situation and I'm pretty soft on this stuff. The "s1 was the bestest evererererer" crowd will be shitting their beds or months. BUT the god-tier amount of new canon presented and matched only few times before is a blessing to fanfic writers, artists, and SO MUCH FUCKING OVIPOSITION CLOP! Thank dog. Also, Chrysalis' alien/exorcist animation was cool as fuck.
>>
>>28593386
And they never used bits of it in Canterlot Wedding because....?
>>
>>28593653
>Remember that time Cadance got captured by Chrysalis?
So the writers assume Cadance would have learned nothing about securing her own family's safety
>And then Celestia got her ass kicked and put in a cocoon?
After a powerboost so strong it surprised even Chrysalis
>Remember that time Celestia and Luna got captured by vines?
Vines made by Discord, who dwarfs them for power
>Remember that time Celestia and Luna got sent to Tartarus by Tirek?
After literally just giving up all of their magic.

>I have no idea why anyone would be surprised that all the alicorns were captured.
I'm not.

But that's the problem. It's a tired, old trope that's worn its course. Celestia and Luna being kidnapped doesn't even raise the bar anymore, is how worthless they've become. One finale where they contribute something useful should not have taken more than 6 years to give.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.