[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The order I would rank these movies is: Rainbow Rocks > Equestria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: movierankings.jpg (213KB, 875x310px) Image search: [Google]
movierankings.jpg
213KB, 875x310px
The order I would rank these movies is:

Rainbow Rocks > Equestria Girls > Legend of Everfree > Friendship Games, and those last 2 are close. But I don't hate any of them.

I was actually surprisingly pleased with LoE. This is coming from an admitted shimmerfag, but I was worried the whole movie would have sunset take a backseat as we get a scilight story. Again I didn't get that. This of course was a movie of scilight getting comfortable with her newfound power, but I was glad that sunset was her guide and support through it. Again, a movie was made good because sunset became the voice of reason and guidance for everyone else.

It still followed the same tired story arch of another girl become an evil she-demon then her redemption.

At first I took issue with scilight being an alicorn, but once you realize that the crystals came through the crack in the portal, it leads to reason these were EoH essences of the equestrian ponies seeking their counterpats, granting scilight an alicorn status. But that doesn't explain sunset's crystal though.

All in all I look forward to the three 'specials' in 2017. All EQG movies so far are at their core about the exploration of magic's effect in this world, and I doubt they will abandon that in future installments.
>>
The movie was...OK. and I think that was the problem. Structurally it was a little better than FG, but at least that movie had the reveal of sunset transforming into a good demon, daydream shimmer
>>
Was I the only one disappointed that Gaia everfree didn't turn out to be real?
>>
>>28588566
I get that. She does seem like she would have been an interesting villain. Something likely banished from equestria that the girls would have to deal with in this world, like the sirens, who remain to be the fan favorite villain.

I figured she was the reason why the everfree forest in equestria was so wild and untamed. Like the chaos titans in greek mythology, she would have been banished from equestria by an ancient figure so the new inhabitants could thrive. Of course her influence would remain through part of the forest.
>>
File: latest-7.png (323KB, 2859x2455px) Image search: [Google]
latest-7.png
323KB, 2859x2455px
>>28588260
>remember
>2013
>>
>>28588260
>Rainbow Rocks ranked #1

How in the hell could anyone think this?
>>
>>28589117
>Dashfags
>>
File: Ta-na Sunset & Twilight.png (409KB, 990x875px) Image search: [Google]
Ta-na Sunset & Twilight.png
409KB, 990x875px
>>28588260
>Friendship Games
>the worst
How does it feel to have wrong opinions, nerd?
>>
>>28589130
Not a dashfag. Im a shimmerfag. Rainbow rocks was great because of the music, the dazzlings, and sunset's role in it all.

>>28589138
It's the last on the rank, but I didn't hate it at all. I would just put the other 3 over it. The friendship games themselves made no sense and was sort of an immersion breaker for me. But it was great again because of the daydream shimmer revelation, and midnight sparkle was pretty cool too. But the friendship games event was poorly thought out and seemed like a poor way to introduce scilight.
>>
>>28589161
I was more immersed in the friendship games than the battle of the bands or bullshit prom stuff
RR's entire middle was filled with cringe scenes and EqG's just dragged on and on until the end while FG's plot was obvious
Also the characters were written better than in all of the other movies
>>
>>28589205
>while FG's plot was obvious
And that was one of the problems I had with FG. RR lead you toward a resolution to the problem which turned out to be the wrong approach at the end, and therefor kept you guessing, but in a good way.
>>
>>28589392
It didn't though
They did the exact same thing twice except the latter attempt had Sunset in it
>>
>>28589421
Did we watch the same movie?

Regardless, I have enjoyed all 4 movies so far, and think they all had their memorable moments which carry the movie, some just more than others.
>>
File: It makes too much sense.jpg (48KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
It makes too much sense.jpg
48KB, 500x350px
>>28588260
>anon posts something I agree with in all regards
This has never happened before.
>>
>>28588260
Why so you rank the first movie so high or above the other movies?
>>
>>28588260
Oh good, an EqG ranking thread. We hadn't had one for nearly an hour, we were long overdue.
>>
>>28589878
The first one was good because it featured the novelty of EQG and a link to the series.
>>
>>28589931
>The first one was good because it featured the novelty of EQG
Are you actually mentally retarded? The first one was bad BECAUSE it featured the novelty of EQG and they did jack shit with it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.