[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that unsubstantiated criticism is worst criticism!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3996.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3996.png
62KB, 250x250px
Friendly reminder that unsubstantiated criticism is worst criticism!

Remember to cite specific sources and make actual comparisons, in dialogue or structure, between certain episodes and scenes for your discussion about the show to be most effective and productive! Always make your thoughts and complaints be heard but be intelligent in presentation! "Hurr le writers are hacks", "Hurr le shark jump", etc. are not persuasive arguments!

Thank you all and have a great day on /mlp/!
>>
Bump for based Cheerilee
>>
>>28587043
>thumbnail
>filename
Whatever you're doing, fuck off.
>>
>>28587043
Yes Ms. Cheerillee
>>
>>28587071
but I'm writing a paper and got bored
>>
>>28587043
Or I can dismiss you as the retard you are, you know.
Why bother arguing about the show if people is just gonna say "LOL WHATEVER I STILL LIKE TO EAT SHIT XD" "LOL WHATEVER I STILL LIKE THE SHOW XD"?
>>
>>28587104
Well don't ever read a non school graded argument, because most official argument writing don't do most of the things you just listed
>>
File: 1473359621122.png (36KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
1473359621122.png
36KB, 350x371px
>>28587043
>>
File: 1472907773471.png (803KB, 3116x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1472907773471.png
803KB, 3116x5000px
>>28587138
Sad but true.
People on imageboards are more interested in arguing and insulting others to boost their ego, rather than in having a civilized discussions.

And having a single thread addressing this problem won't change mentality of hundreds of manchildren that browse this board.

If you're trying to make this board better, then your resistance if futile, OP. Prove me wrong.
And if you're not trying to improve /mlp/, then I don't get what's your point.
>>
>>28587043
I'm sorry, Ms. Cheerilee. I tried to do this for a while. I honestly tried. I did absolutely my best to explain why I didn't like some episodes, not to convince anyone else to dislike them, but to explain why I was upset about certain events in those episodes and have a real discussion about it.

Literally every single reply I received when I complained about an episode for the very first time was "if you don't like the show, go away". After the very first episode I didn't like, I even said it in my comment, and all I got was "if you don't like the show, go away".

I tried it a couple of times more after that, same result. People reject any criticism, substantiated out unsubstantiated, it doesn't matter at all. So I don't care anymore, writing "everything is shit" is much shorter and it's exactly as (in)effective as my previous strategy. I tried a serious discussion recently and one of the replies was almost literally "your critic is invalid because the episode was objectively good".

So, no, I don't give a shit. I know my criticism isn't constructive. But constructive criticism doesn't construct shit, so I'll keep on venting. And, by the way, this whole season is shit.
>>
>>28587476
>whole season is shit
if you don't like the show, go away
>>
>>28587138
You're doing exactly what OP said not to do.
>>
>>28587581
This is probably the first time ever that someone here reads my entire post before replying.
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>28587043
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but it's hopeless. Arguing with mostly unsubstantiated criticism is simply the nature of /mlp/, and really, of imageboards in general.
>>
>>28587644
I just burned out on trying to get people to see what I dislike of the show and they started to say LOL THEN JUST LEAVE because arguing is pointless.
Even the fucking staff has left clear they don't give a shit about criticism and their show is a new jewel of the modern tv, so fuck that noise.
>>
File: 1431931617329.jpg (22KB, 260x255px) Image search: [Google]
1431931617329.jpg
22KB, 260x255px
What do other people think when they come check out the My Little Pony board and see that we have a citation etiquette when discussing episodes?
>>
>>28587043
Wow OP what Anon pissed you off?
>>
>>28587683
Probably the same as they felt when we had a guide showing people how to greentext.
>>
>>28587732
Holy shit ... link?
>>
>>28587277
>Autism
>>
File: IMG_3997.jpg (21KB, 236x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3997.jpg
21KB, 236x289px
>tfw when people on an image board actually expect to change peoples' minds with their arguments

Complaining about the show on this site is just that; complaining. Trying to have an actual argument for either side of anything on this board for the sake of ACTUALLY CONVINCING PEOPLE is a waste of time. People will think what they want about the show.

and that's ok
>>
>>28588466
What's so autistic about that post?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.