[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Like writing spur of the moment green >Do it on and off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: 1408011128301.gif (2MB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
1408011128301.gif
2MB, 1000x676px
>Like writing spur of the moment green
>Do it on and off for various threads on /mlp/
>Mods kill prompt threads
>Everything now is generals
>Get burned out on bumping threads I have interest in
>Nobody makes anything adventurous
>Nothing but "anon fucks the pones again"
>Don't even bother coming back to this board most of the time

Wish I could turn back time...
>>
>>28574852
lots of good stuff came out of shitty greentext prompts. now writefags only seem to write in them if it's EQG-related
>>
>>28574852
it's okay, most green was shit
>>
>>28574852
>Wish I could turn back time
To the good old days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93T6Tv0iMJ0
>>
>>28574903
>PTSfag
leave, cancer
>>
>>28574898
The thing is, the entire board used to prosper with shitposting. Fun threads come up with anons just shitposting or "roleplaying" or greentexting.

http://pastebin.com/MiSCHFiY

This sort of green isn't possible anymore with how strict the mods are on "roleplaying"
>>
>>28574912
I didn't came from the PTS
That PTS was when it all went to shit, so fuck you.
It has the last moments before the board was destroyed by scruffy.
>>
>>28574913
>mods
>strict
I was around when they went on an assmad barneyfag rampage and tried to nuke the whole board and delivered us with that half-assed sticky, but I haven't seen them DO anything.

They only do their jobs on a whim.
They DON'T delete spam; ex: HI ANON, I'M WHITE! ANON, I'M SMART! Why are they so perfect/find a flaw
>>
>>28574969
They even ban for IWTIRD threads and they delete those things you say, minus the why so perfect and find a flaw.
Reportfags are the real problem, because they report everything to lick on scruffy's balls.
If nobody reported shit then scruffy wouldn't even check on the board. Bet he doesn't even post here, just wants to "troll" by deleting the funny shit.
>>
>>28574969
They've deleted three perfectly normal threads I've written for on wim just because they were phrased wrongs. I don't even want to write here anymore, because I don't want to have another 6 hours of writing for a specific thread to have a rug swept up from under me.
>>
>>28574913
Uh, that sort of garbage looks like it would fit in just fine with one of the dozens of Anon generals.
And it's not like you can't just put a prompt up in one of the generals.
>>
File: TwiShrug.png (103KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
TwiShrug.png
103KB, 500x572px
>>28574969
A less restrictive environment generally is more conducive to spontaneous creativity. Ironic coming from me, some would say.

However, while I do agree that the staff can seem to have a rather spotty schedule and sometimes lets slip a few threads that really shouldn't be here, I've seen minimal issue regarding deletion of most low-quality posts/threads. It's particularly noticeable in generals where the users have formed specific isolated cultures and have unwritten understanding among themselves to report posts that obviously don't belong in their threads.

>>28575141
Did you happen to consider remaking the threads you were contributing in, but with a more appropriate OP? Perhaps by opening with an excerpt of what you were writing to hopefully be more enticing to other potential readers.
>>
>>28574852
check some generals you'll find good stuff there that isnt just "anon fucks pone again"
>>
>>28574852
Pff, it's almost as if you didn't want to go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAeu7_jRySA
>>
>>28574852
What ponies did you like to write about? Did you take random prompts?
Don't fall for the "generals are shit" faggots. Some of them are, but generals are basically the only content-providing threads now. Just take a look in one of them, you might see prompts, pictures, discussion that will inspire you.
>>
>>28576446
>Did you take random prompts?
Yeah, anything that was far from the already existing generals
>generals are basically the only content-providing threads now
Which is why generals are pretty dead to me. Just the same writers over and over circle jerking to infinity until they drop their story in favor of the new flavor of the month general.
There's no adventure or thrill or new ground being broken in.

>>28576408
Alright, all of the generals are wish fulfillment, pandering threads, or niche obsession threads.

>>28575775
>Did you happen to consider remaking the threads you were contributing in, but with a more appropriate OP? Perhaps by opening with an excerpt of what you were writing to hopefully be more enticing to other potential readers.
I don't want to make a general or thread about myself. I'd prefer things stay in their natural state, and if I made a thread for myself, that'd be too selfish of me to bring attention on me and my stuff. It shouldn't be about me, unless someone else wants me.

It's about it being natural and organic. Hip and fresh, not me clinging to a trend that didn't last the night, only for it to be deleted again.
>>
File: 1332529773001.jpg (14KB, 246x278px) Image search: [Google]
1332529773001.jpg
14KB, 246x278px
I'm shocked that you guys are waking up only now.

Mods have been deleting threads that weren't breaking a single rule for years now. Deletions only due to personal taste of one member of the staff.
>>
File: HI ANON!.png (176KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HI ANON!.png
176KB, 1024x1024px
>>28577235
>"THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT, ANON!"
>>
The bad thing about banning prompt threads is that at least the people participating are trying to, you know, create ORIGINAL CONTENT?
>>
File: How does this thing work.gif (184KB, 1000x784px) Image search: [Google]
How does this thing work.gif
184KB, 1000x784px
>>28574852
I miss prompt threads too OP. Sure, most of them were shit, but a few of them lead on to be the best threads I've ever seen on /mlp/. They were perfect for bouncing ideas around because even non-writefags would contribute in little bits to influence greens. Prompt threads were fun because they lead to short stories you could engage in, instead of just having a whole fucking novel posted page by page.

Now the writefags have to do it all on their own because most people don't even bother to read generals, let alone add any new ideas. I know it's cliche, but I blame newfags for spamming the same prompts day after day leading most people to a delusional hatred of all prompt threads.
>>
>>28577216
>There's no adventure or thrill or new ground being broken in.
I know that 95% of greens are basically about Anon having sex with ponies/people and it's fine to be tired of all that garbage and the general lack of creativity or decent writing, but it's not like you can't write your own stuff.
If you don't want to make a general/stealth prompt thread, or write something in a general without being prompted, and instead want things to stay "in their natural state," then I don't know what to say except that you're S.O.L.
>>
Scruffy can go fuck his mop. I think people should just start creating single-thread prompts (that way, anyone who throws a shit-fit about generals can take it up with the faggots who actually sustain that bullshit).
>>
>>28574852
Just write a CYOA. The mods pruned the spammed shit. Starting a thread with a line of greentext is very likely to suck dick.
>>
>>28577216
>all of the generals are wish fulfillment, pandering threads, or niche obsession threads.

You mean like a prompt thread? Seriously a spur of the moment prompt thread was someone posting an idea they came up with, and hoping a writefag came along. Is that a bad thing, no it isn't.

>>28577326
I know that 95% of greens are basically about Anon having sex with ponies/people.

I never got this. I've seen far more Anon jokes around with, has adventures with, or a cuties and corny romance green more than I've seen Anon has sex with pone, and I frequent fetish gens. And it's not hard to create a pone fucks another pone green either, so it's not like pone MCs green are immune to it. It all depends on the idea and the writer.
>>
>>28574852
Second Scruffening was a mistake.

Writefag me managed to maneuver around this. I made a new thread vaguely related to a prompt without putting the prompt in the opening post, samefagged to post the prompt and did it anyway.

I did it a couple of times.
>>
>>28578549
>Having to manuever this hard just to write
How many people actually pitched in other than bumps?
>>
>>28577475
>You mean like a prompt thread... hoping a writefag came along...
Basically, this. I remember posting in a Sour Sweet prompt thread where she thinks Anon is coming home from work.
I was the only one that posted an actual green for it. The rest of the posts were basically bumps and one liners or praise and complaints (about the subject matter of my green).
After my green was done, the thread archived a few posts later because no-one else was interested in writing a story.

People can complain about generals being bumpfests, but prompt threads more or less run the risk of being bumpfests, too. The difference is that prompt threads die faster than generals. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing in general, but it's not like prompters can't post a prompt in a related general.

That's basically what generals are there for: greentext and greentext related accessories.

As for the
>95% of greens are sex
I think you're right. I've just seen more requests for lewds and lewd stories be posted that I'm exaggerating put of slight exasperation. Which is sort of ironic considering the green I posted.
>>
>>28578766
Depends on what you write. Some threads had lots of bumps, others had discussions on decisions characters took. I like putting controversies in mine.
>>
It's not hard start a thread with a prompt, every general started like that.
>>
>>28578881
As I said, they used to. Now I have to come up with opening posts to evade getting banned for a perfectly fine thread.
>>
File: We Didn't Start The Generals.jpg (314KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
We Didn't Start The Generals.jpg
314KB, 1600x955px
I don't even a fact of "if I leave 4chan", but "When I leave 4chan for good". I'm thinking maybe a week before i cut off for good. It's just not my 4chan anymore. I blame the mods for being fags, the newfags for being unoriginal, uncreative cancer, the oldfags for leaving, and hiroshimoot for never doing shit to help.

Within the week I'm going to do a screencap thread before I send off. Just leaving unceramonously wouldn't be honest to the best years I've had online.
>>
>>28577235
Its a slow exermination. What better way to mitigate the damage /mlp/ does when its deleted than to drive away its users?
>>
>>28579069
>No Pony TF gen in that picture

Disgraceful. We were one of the originals.
>>
File: 1468346011838.png (1MB, 1253x811px) Image search: [Google]
1468346011838.png
1MB, 1253x811px
I suggested reviving the threads of the earlier years and collectively shame every newfag not in line with horsefuckers.

Sadly not enugh responded.
>>
>>28578918
Or create your thread at 10/11PM.

Y'all aware that there no mods on /mlp/ at night, right?
>>
>>28579434
It's not about monitoring mods, but faggot reporters who can't fucking be cool.
>>
>>28579450
And I'm not talking about monitoring mods either. The ponytopia raid thread lasted fucking 5 hours, from 00AM to 5AM, and it was reported multiple times.
>>
>>28574852
Does they still delete green prompt?

I can see the HI anon or even IWTCIRD getting deleted but I doubt they could do it for CREATIVE prompt, stuff with backbone.

They didn't do it for example for https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28527683 and that's pretty much a greentext prompt.

It seems WRITEFAGS sticks to general now, and the few prompt that pops up don't get enough content themselves to keep going (and turn into general).

So why don't you show us, OP?
>>
>>28579945
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>28577216
>all of the generals are wish fulfillment, pandering threads, or niche obsession threads

Show me a green that aren't one of those.
>>
>>28580941
http://pastebin.com/MiSCHFiY
>>
>>28580966
Nope, wish fulfillment. Know why? Anon. He's the ultimate self-insert from which anyone can live their desire of being friends with their favorite pones.
>>
>>28581036
That is the dumbest thing people love to parrot around here. So I guess you can't write a story using any pony OC either huh. Because you know, they can be a self-insert by mere virtue of being the MC, and befriending any pony the writer wants them too.
>>
>>28581086
>they can be a self-insert by mere virtue of being the MC

That's up to the author and fleshing out that OC who will have an actual name, distinguishing features, and not be a human. If you don't think Anon is a self-insert by nature then you're just deluding yourself, hell the whole green format reinforces it.

>YOU do this.
>YOU do that.

We refer to each other by anon all the time. You can't miss this.
>>
>>28581299
The mere fact that there exist greens with Anon as a MC that have character distinct from one another proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that what you're saying is bullshit. Though, I will grant you that the tendency to have anon as a character is a crutch for authors too inadequate to not create a self-insert. Technically, we'd probably get a few greens that were better for it "Anon" as a character were abolished, but I'd also think that he's generated a lot of creativity just in his own right, and that we'd also have far fewer greens in total.

though I suspect you didn't put this much thought into your original post, so I'm just going to stop
>>
File: 1465755397882.png (295KB, 670x700px) Image search: [Google]
1465755397882.png
295KB, 670x700px
>>28574852
>tfw favorite general is dying, circlejerking around a single contentfag who is slowing down
>tfw try to pump life into general and get told to fuck off
They'd rather die
>>
>>28574852

Don't worry bro, Hiro will delete /mlp/ and we gonna to return to our glorious days in /co/
>>
>>28579945
As if, there's only a handful of writefags left most of which contribute slowly. Everyone else is lazy faggots or else too busy jerking off the one "regular" writefag to even consider anyone else who might be contributing. Either that or one of the general's "oldfags" that everyone likes shits on your story and suddenly everyone else jumps on the fucking bandwagon. Because obviously they just *had* to have their popular name on at the time and make all of his dicksuckers know he didn't like it so they can follow suite.

>>28581409
There's no shortage of generals barely surviving with single popular writefags. What's your poison?
>>
>>28581409
The problem is that too many people get sucked up on celebrating ONE writefag. Everyone else to them is only a bump which is fucking killing off content and discourages anything new to what they love. I remember the cousin Rainbow Dash thread, where three simultaneous writefags were each appreciated well. It doesn't take much. Just read their fucking text and they'll come back with more.

And hot damn, I wish Heart of War dies soon. You shouldn't push someone that far for this long. It's been what, three months?
>>
How about a write prompt general?
>>
Are there any corners of the fandom where it's still 2011?
>>
>>28581299
>If you don't think Anon is a self-insert by nature then you're just deluding yourself.

By that logic, any OC may they be Pony, Anon, a Human who isn't Anon, a Griffon, etc is a self insert. Having an name doesn't change that, have distinguishing features don't change that either.

>whole green format reinforces it.
>YOU do this.
>YOU do that.

That's called second person narrative.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-person_narrative (If you don't like Wikipedia, then google it, it'll be the same thing.)

And you're confusing the plot with wish fulfillment. The the writer write a plot where Anon, or a random OC saves the day, then that's the plot of the story. If the writer writes Anon, or random OC fucks the M6 in one massive orgy, then that's the plot of the story. If you want to call every single plot that has Anon as the MC as wish fulfillment, then no matter who the MC is, all greens are wish fulfillment, as they all start because of the MC, events progress because of the MC, characters react mostly to the MC, and the story ends by the MC.
>>
>>28581299
HEY! I agree with you.
>>
>>28581299
>>28582335
I would just like to interject here for a moment: I wrote a story a while back that included Anon, but the PoV was a pony lesbian who gave him a blowjob. I was going to suggest that I don't think an audience would want to self-insert into a story as a lesbian pony giving a guy a blowjob, however the audience at the time did encourage me to continue. In conclusion the MC doesn't have to be Anon to be a self-insert, while Anon can be written in a way that precludes self-inserting via not being an audience or author surrogate (which I have also written), and lastly /mlp/ is full of faggots that would unironically suck a dick if they were a mare.
>>
>>28581299
Yeah. In general, Anon is just a self-insert/audience surrogate. There are greens where this is not exactly true, but the majority rules.
>>
File: mr burns is the architect.png (520KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
mr burns is the architect.png
520KB, 800x597px
>>28582291
They died the second we allowed people to unironically brohoof and spout 'love and tolerance, bro'.
>>
>>28583278
That is not dead which can eternal lie
>>
>>28582335
>Having an name doesn't change that, have distinguishing features don't change that either.

Yes it does. It distinguishes them from any other OC that has been created. A little change in personality and you couldn't tell the difference between two Anons. There might be rare greens where the writer might actually go in depth with Anon but those don't happen in the threads OP is pining for.

And the MC is rarely anyone but Anon. Everything else is just the exception.

>That's called second person narrative

I know what it's called. It's the fact that we use it over any other pov was my point.
>>
>>28585201
>Yes it does. It distinguishes them from any other OC that has been created.

Except it doesn't. Lets say you make a pony OC who loves to joke around. You can easily color swap that OC, and change the name, but the OC still acts the same does as it did before. Did you have a completely new OC, or did you have the same OC as before? And if you don't think that my example doesn't happen often, then you don't see/read much OC content, because it happens quite frequently, and the only reason people accept it is because its their OC and not somebody else's.
>>
File: lel.png (78KB, 353x337px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
78KB, 353x337px
>>28574852
>>28585790

I agree. it kinda sucks here now.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.