[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why would Hasbro cancel the show? It's not like there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: powa.jpg (255KB, 1963x1214px) Image search: [Google]
powa.jpg
255KB, 1963x1214px
>Why would Hasbro cancel the show? It's not like there's another show aimed towards little girls to sell toys that had 6 seasons, a movie, truckloads of merch, a spin off where the main characters are in high school and a huge fanbase?
>OH WAIT
>>
>>28548220
power puff girls had a high school spin off? i didn't know that. i've never seen it.
>>
>>28548238
Yeah, that was the Japanese Anime Powerpuff Girls Z. It aired in Japan 10 years ago because PPG is insanely popular there and the Japanese wanted their own version of it. It did well in Japan getting 3 seasons and did well in Latin America as well since they love PPG a lot over there too and made it to a few other countries but never America because Craig McCracken (creator of the original) never wanted it to air in America. There was actually an English dub featuring some of the VA's from MLP (Spitfire played Buttercup and Sonata played Bubbles) and the English dub wasn't that good. It was annoying as hell but it did well in Singapore and the Philippines.
>>
File: DemashitaPowerpuffGirlsZ.jpg (320KB, 638x407px) Image search: [Google]
DemashitaPowerpuffGirlsZ.jpg
320KB, 638x407px
>>28548238
Here's a pic. The designs are awful but it was a cute little show.
>>
File: 1456642858047.jpg (60KB, 1018x518px) Image search: [Google]
1456642858047.jpg
60KB, 1018x518px
>nu-PPG
>>
>>28548271
>because Craig McCracken (creator of the original) never wanted it to air in America.
Sounds like bullshit. Craig doesn't own PpG, CN does.
>>
File: large.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
>>28548220
I don't care how many times I post this picture but I will post it in every single fucking thread that comes up. And I also need you to realize that MLP made 650 million in 2013 and 1 billion in 2014. One billion dollars IN ONE YEAR.

Hasbro would have gone absolutely MAD if they were to cancel MLP. It is basically printing them money at this point. And PPG was a creator driven show, not based on merchandise sales. While I can't say the same for the 2016 revival, the originals point was not to sell toys but it was to entertain. MLP is the exact opposite, and if this brand is making them 1 billion a fucking year, you can shut your damn mouth.

Also PPGZ was never meant to go outside Japan so shut up about that too.
>>
>>28548220
It also had a TV special and a currently airing reboot series.

PPG was also around way longer.
>>
>>28548290
was a painfull plan mr pavel.
>>
>>28548307
You still have to get a license of permission if he copyrighted the franchise.
>>
>>28548220
Also explain why the Pokémon cartoon hasn't rebooted yet.
>>
>>28548351
I've heard him say several times he has no say in what happens to the show, because CN has all the rights.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (28KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
28KB, 400x387px
>>28548307
Hmm. Interesting. I really don't see why they never brought it over to the states cause CN could have made more money with the franchise selling these things like they did in Latin America. I heard that rumor a few years ago so I honestly don't know what's true.
>>
>>28548368
They did bring to the US, it just aired on Boomerang.
>>
>>28548389
Actually no, it never did. There was a debate a few years ago on whether or not CN was the right place to show anime after Toonami went poof and people thought this show was the bridge between anime and cartoons that would get people interested in watching anime since familiar franchise and all that and people waited...and waited...and waited but it never showed up. And Boomerang around the time of the shows airing would ONLY show classic cartoons. It DID air on Boomerang in Australia, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.
>>
>>28548329
we are not talking about the reboot.
Period.
It is SJW cancer and everyone working on it deserves to be raped in the ass with a bottle of acid, that gets broken at the climax.
>>
>>28548220
I'm assuming the new PPG is getting canceled, if so, good. They should have used one fucking brain cell and figured out that you can't just take platinum art like that and copy paste it with me memes and complete bullshit. Fuck them and the cash they squandered
>>
>>28548220

PPG had a huge fanbase?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.