[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you mercy kill the show if you could? If you could mercy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Would you mercy kill the show if you could? If you could mercy kill the show at a particular point in time, where would you have it end?
>>
File: dashie is a good catholic girl.png (68KB, 364x363px) Image search: [Google]
dashie is a good catholic girl.png
68KB, 364x363px
>>28502466
No.
>>
File: balloon animals.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
balloon animals.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28502466
Yes, absolutely. Season 5 would have been the perfect ending. Everyone was at a comfortable point of closure and I was left feeling very good about it. Any earlier, and the crusaders wouldn't have gotten their good ending.

Now that fucking stupid season 6 is happening, though, I hope for a decent season 7 to make up for it and treat characters with care and respect again, so I would be left not feeling great about this show I've dedicated so much time on.
>>
>>28502521
*won't be left not feeling great
>>
>>28502466
First EG
>>
>>28502466
Hasbro should've cancelled it after S1. It would be a random blip that was hugely popular. Just from a "remember that mlp show that only lasted one season and was really great" perspective, it would be cool.
>>
>>28502466
I would've killed it before it was born
>>
>>28502608
THIS
>>
>>28502466
Wait until we're at least 20 seasons in and I'll consider it.
>>
>>28502466
Probably after Season 1 or Season 3. Best Night Ever would have been the perfect ending. A little bittersweet, sure, but still wonderful. MMC, no matter how shit it is, is still a logical ending to the series.

Every other season finale has the feeling of being a huge event, but still just another 'day in the life of'. There's no closure in 2,4, or even 5. Maybe 6 will, but I doubt it. By now it's obvious every finale will be bait for a possible next season, even if one isn't coming.
>>
Season 2 would have been a good place to end the show, I think. Would ACW have been ideal as a finale? Definitely not, but we'd have gotten two very solid seasons of pony and avoid what came later on. The fandom would be much smaller, but still pretty active, I'm sure, considering how huge we got during Season 2.
>>
>>28502466
Canterlot Wedding. You can cherry-pick out a few fitting episodes after that, but by and large everything after S2 needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>28502521
This. Even though Glimmer's redemption was rushed, it was a fine time to stop.
Hell, I would have possibly done it after S2s or at latest, S3s though it would leave many in turmoil..., but we're into S6 and I just wish it would all end.
>>
MMC, right where twilight explodes, the remaining episode time is 5 minutes of credits and 5 minutes of GAK commercials
>>
>>28502670
I genuinely would have enjoyed Magical Mystery Cure if it was the show finale.
>>
>>28503602
Kek.

Would end it midway through season 2 I think.
>>
File: Pass it.jpg (111KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
Pass it.jpg
111KB, 1058x705px
>>28502466
Nah, I enjoy pushing it past the point of a reasonably timed ending.
For the most part I still enjoy what we get.
But it does seem like they've run out of things to give closure to. I enjoy Starlight's bullshit, but she was thrown in because everyone else achieved their dreams.
>>
Season 3 had the realest ending the show could have gotten. It showed those in the main 6 that had a goal and dream in their life either be on the right path and just short of their dream or achieving it. As others in this thread have said, had it ended there, I may have been pissed off at the finale of Twilights arc being halved to 15 minutes to fit in some bullshit plot that wasn't even needed, but it still would have been an reasonable ending. It would have left enough space and open-ness for those who wanted to write or talk about more, would have left the fandom at its highest point, and wouldn't have went through the decay and loss of staff it has gone through. I will admit there are a few episodes in season 4 that really got it and season 5 had a very small number, season 6 has just been a fucking drag of mediocre and boring episodes that have completely lost focus on the main 6 (the reason most of us started watching the show) and their interactions with one-another.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.