[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't she be with us? Why is she kept in this shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Sunset_shimmer_pony.png (164KB, 689x773px) Image search: [Google]
Sunset_shimmer_pony.png
164KB, 689x773px
Why can't she be with us?
Why is she kept in this shitty franchise?
Why did she get put on the sideline, just for Twilights powerhour?
Why can't she save us from Starlight?

Please, someone explain?
>>
>>28498905
Anon, she is an EqG character. She was always going to be part of her franchise. The fact of the matter is that she wasn't going to reappear past the first EqG because they weren't expecting more. So you need to come to terms with that.
As for the sideline Twilight will always be favored.
And as for Glim Glam, the writers would probably treat her the same as Glim Glam. EqG presents Sunset with a unique role and she gets more focus on the films than any of the other m5. She also is concentrated to hour long specials rather than being subjected to various writers and many episodes.
>>
>>28498905
I ask myself the same questions. She's just wasted potential in EqG.

Unfortunately it has to be that way.
>>
Her design looks like shit to be completely honest. They should have gone with orange instead of that disgusting shade of yellow.
>>
>>28499046
Has your dad been run over by a yellow car that it triggers you?
>>
>>28498960
BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY
>>
>>28499070
>This is what shimmer fags think is a valid retort to critique
Good, this is why nobody cares about you or takes you seriously.
>inb4 it was a joke xD damage control
>>
Because the writers decided to force Starlight (aka better pink toy to sell shit) as the best character. Op, perfect, and no good characterization except "say sorry" everytime she do something bad (often), until next time.
She is a bad message.
But her goal is to be sold.
>>
>>28498960
You're seeing her potential on the show with Glimmer. Do you want that for Sunset?
>>
>>28499085
>implying they wouldn't do the same with Sunny

Atleast sunny is portrayed in EQG. If she joined the show, they would ruin her.
>>
File: 1472325304272.jpg (104KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1472325304272.jpg
104KB, 1191x670px
>>28499116
EQG is a piece of shit and people that say it is remotely good are excellent b8.
>>
>>28498905
I'd like to put that Ketchup n' Mustard on my hot dog, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1472339834142.jpg (419KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472339834142.jpg
419KB, 683x1024px
>>28499273
I wanna shove my hot dog in her buns, if ya know what I mean.
>>
File: yellowcar.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yellowcar.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>28499070
YELLOW CAR!!!
>>
>>28498905
It's better that way.
Sunset is great. Even in the last film.

But the show is wasting Starlight potential, and claim she is great, she force her into greatness despite the failure her character is.
>>
>>28499135
>tf2
>b8
9gag is that way
>>
>>28499091
I'm all for magical shenanigans with Starlight and Sunset. They're separate characters, and could compliment each other nicely, and help develop Twilight as a teacher better.

>But too many OP unicorns!!!

Then give better purpose to Shim/Glim, or give better purpose to the mane five. You can enhance everyone's character by introducing Shimmer and Glimmer to each other, and how they interact together with the mane five, and Twilight. I would love to see Sunset's reaction to Starlight's feats of magic, and try to match her, or seeing all of Ponyville's shenanigans.

There's a reason why Glimmer hardly appears if she's not needed throughout the season, because the writers don't know how to figure out her use besides her arc episodes.

Either that or Kelly Sheridan is pricey, but who knows.
>>
>>28499391
Maybe it's because whenever Kelly is around them she starts bitching about SJW crap like Black Lives Matter.
>>
>>28499391
You have to be realistic lad.
Sunset character was allowed to progress naturally because she is in a unique position where she is a major character.
The movies are also an hour long and Sunset gets more spotlight than the rest of the girls barring Twilight.
Take her out of her series and you take away her advantage.
The show is a different animal with much more air time and a plethora of different writers. They have to focus on different characters and there's going to be inconsistency because not everyone may be on board. The solution is not to introduce new character as we saw eith Starlight
>>
>>28499078
Critique and opinions are not the same thing. One has reasoning to qualify it, and the other no one cares about.
>>
>>28498960
>She's just wasted potential in EqG.

Welcome to post 2011 FiM, anon.
>>
Scilight's the main character now, might as well move Sunset to the show so she can get some plots that focus on her.
>>
>>28498905

>Why is she kept in this shitty franchise?

Come on, EQG is better than MLP since the S3
>>
>>28500208
when will this meme die?
>>
>>28500341
When I, Robot 2 comes out.
>>
>>28498905
I wish she could return to Equestria
>>
>>28500197
Huh, Twilight is the main character along with the rest of the m5 who have a much more central role in the show.
Sunset would be a "recurring character" like Jim Miller said Starlight position is, not a mane character.
>>
>>28501975
Starlight as a recurring character had three episodes against the main character's zero
>>
>>28502003
Oh, and BOTH two-parters
>>
>>28498905
The feels when you realize:

- Sunset will never have wings, while both versions of Twilight and a baby have them, along with Starlight probably soon
- We'll probably never see Sunset as a pony again
- No Celestia reunion scene
- Starlight ensures she'll never be in Equestria as a cameo, even within the EG movies
- The whole purpose of her character, it seems, was to bring magic to the human world and then act as a mentor to that world's Twilight
>>
>>28502003
While true she hasn't had that much of a presence in the show and has only really interacted with Twilight. As for the two partner I think they're probably going to do away with her. If anything it shows the writers unwilling to commit to a new character since they rushed starlight and neglected incorporating her into the cast. You complain that Scitwi is the focus but Sunset is second in command and enjoys interaction with her own crew. Something that would be taken away in the show imo. Sunset has a much better position in EqG.
>>
>>28498905
She IS wasted potential, but remember that she was created solely for EqG. Her being Celestia's former apprentice, and wanting revenge on her teacher, that also involves the current sudent, would have made a great movie - in the pony world. Move all of this to some magic-less human world, and a high school to top it off, and you squander all of that potential good story
And besides, if she remained in Equestria, you would mostly get the character Glimmer is now
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.