[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"The fall formal princess should be someone with heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
550KB, 1920x1080px
>"The fall formal princess should be someone with heart and determination, you've proven you have both"
Why can't pony Dash have a cool mentor personality?
>>
>>28426183
That's a guy though.

Or if it's supposed to be a girl, those negative a-cup's and that hank hill ass don't look convincing.
>>
>>28426183
She had some of that in Sleepless In Ponyville.
>>
>>28426260
Now she's the new Spike...
Dear god, Twilight predicted this in the season 2 premiere!
>Hands Spike element
>"Congratulations, you're the new Rainbow Dash"
>>
File: worst pony.png (138KB, 625x600px) Image search: [Google]
worst pony.png
138KB, 625x600px
>>28426183
>I don't know what mentor means, but I'm like 140% cool.
>>
>>28426280
tfw even the characters in the story are phoning it in seasons ago
>>
>>28426424
You let bad writing trick you into thinking she's really like that. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1459578383076.jpg (99KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1459578383076.jpg
99KB, 850x638px
>>28426978
Isn't Rainbow Dash a fictional character whose every action and trait is defined by the writing of a third party, in the absence of which she would not have a true nature to be "really like" because it would never have been created?
>>
>>28427022
This is an interesting question. Not the anon you replied to, but I'd argue that through episodes that are generally agreed upon to be good, the audience sees the characters as they're intended to be. Bad episodes, on the other hand, usually feature characters behaving in ways so far outside their defined characteristics and previous patterns of behavior that the audience feels as though the characterization in the episode isn't reflective of the character in general. Take, for example, Applejack's 'Day' Off. Applejack's behavior with regards to her absurd routine at the farm is terminally stupid and far removed from how she's been characterized previously. The audience did not blame Applejack for this, instead complaining mainly about the writers. They dissassociated the actions of the character in the episode from the character in general.
>>
>>28428416
I see every episode as canon to their personality.
Sometimespeople do stupid bullshit and are retarded for no reason. People commit mistakes, just like they say the CMC are only cute because "real kids don't follow a script", so the same applies to the other characters, they have to be written fucking up, it is just butthurt fucks that idolize them that get mad because it puts them in a bad light.
>>
>>28428444
>they have to be written fucking up, it is just butthurt fucks that idolize them that get mad because it puts them in a bad light.

Grats Anon, you just discovered why Rainbow Fash fans are considered some of the worst manchildren in the fandom
>>
>>28428452
Spikefags are worse.
And I remember but can't find it again, that there was a lunafag or at least some fag that had luna on his facebook, that killed people.
But I don't remember the header for the news page, so I can't find it. But I would say that guy is the worst in the whole fandom.
>>
>>28428472
Rainbow Dash fans are worse than Spike fans.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (15KB, 150x387px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
15KB, 150x387px
>>28428452
>>28428743
>>28428472
Please take your pathetic waifu wars crap elsewhere, this is a show discussion. Pretending that there are monolithic entities like 'Spikefags', 'Lunafags', and 'Dashfags' that have internal ideological consistency is extremely spooky.

>>28428444
>I see every episode as canon to their personality
I actually doubt that. You may certainly believe that you see every episode as canon to their personality, but like all people you bring to the table your own biases and preconceptions. Just as in reviewing the actions of real people we know, in watching the ponies you've almost certainly written off and excused the bad actions of characters you like while minimizing the good done by characters you don't like. It's not a conscious thought process, it can't be helped.

>Sometimes people do stupid bullshit and are retarded for no reason

Untrue. All people are rational actors, but what's rational from their perspective is not necessarily rational from another perspective. However, you're right that in the show, occasionally characters do things fundamentally contradictory to their prior characterization for reasons that are irrational even from their frame of reference. The latter is what people take issue with, the former they're far more willing to embrace.

To irritate the other people I replied to, let's use Rainbow Dash as our example, pulling one example of each behavior:

The correctly executed form of it: In Tanks for the Memories, Rainbow attempts to sabotage the Cloudsdale weather factory to prevent winter and Tank's hibernation. From our frame of reference this is a completely idiotic venture, undertaken for seemingly no reason. But from Rainbow Dash's perspective, it makes perfect sense. She is under the impression that hibernation is a bad thing, and that Tank wishes to avoid it as much as she does. Therefore, as the pony personally responsible for Tank's well being, she tries to sabotage the weather factory.

1/2
>>
2/2
The incorrectly executed form: In the recent and much maligned 28 Pranks Later, Rainbow Dash's actions through most of the episode are entirely in character. Getting too competitive after being issued a challenge to execute high effort pranks is exactly the sort of thing to be expected from Rainbow Dash. However, the intial prank against Fluttershy is what rings hollow. Even from Rainbow Dash's perspective there's no rational reason why, after several seasons of pulling no pranks, she up and pulls a prank without prompting, and on Fluttershy. This is the key. The audience is willing to accept characters doing things that don't make sense from our perspective, but only as long as it does make sense from their perspective. If a character does something wholly contradictory not only to our beliefs but to theirs as well, it sticks out like a sore thumb as an action undertaken not because of some believable motivation on the part of the character but because the writer needed the action done for the story to progress as they wanted it to.
>>
File: window licker.jpg (48KB, 839x460px) Image search: [Google]
window licker.jpg
48KB, 839x460px
>>28428989
>But from Rainbow Dash's perspective, it makes perfect sense. She is under the impression that hibernation is a bad thing, and that Tank wishes to avoid it as much as she does.
Rainbow Dash confirmed retard
>>
>>28428989
>Please take your pathetic waifu wars crap elsewhere, this is a show discussion. Pretending that there are monolithic entities like 'Spikefags', 'Lunafags', and 'Dashfags' that have internal ideological consistency is extremely spooky.
Only they do. You act like people don't browse the board, or that stereotypes don't exist for a reason. I've been paying attention to most threads here this season, and every season, and it's always Dashfags who have the fit of "OOC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", because these fucking petulant morons can't accept that her number one character trait since day one is being a CUNT. She will always be a cunt, it's not waifu wars, it's her fucking trait...she is the selfish one, but Dashfags are notoriously delusional and always bitch about what has always been.
>>
File: think through your implications.png (982KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
think through your implications.png
982KB, 1280x720px
>why discuss something substantive when I can shitpost

Do try and stay on topic. And consider the implications of your post.

>>28429162
>literally a bunch of spooks and 'but muh personal experiences are totally unbiased and uninfluenced by my preconceived notions': the post

If you genuinely believe any of what you posted you need your head examined. The idea that there's any valid characterization of a group of people based off their favorite pony is very obviously absurd.
>>
>>28429220
>The idea that there's any valid characterization of a group of people based off their favorite pony is very obviously absurd.
There is.

>Every single time it's the same person
>There is no relation lulz

Idiot. That's like saying there is no correlation between Jewish people and owning the media or black people and violent crime, you can debate the reasons for these things all day but you can't deny the facts and figures without being delusional. Also your logic is stupid.

>Most people agree Dash is a cunt
>Is portrayed as a cunt in show
>Someone is mad about it
Hmm...yeah, I bet it's the Rarity fans upset about that, right?
>>
>>28428989
>Spook anon
Dropped.
>>
File: surely you can't be serious.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
surely you can't be serious.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>28429242
>the facts and figures
You've cited no facts and figures. Your entire argument is as follows:

1. People who like Rainbow Dash generally hold uniform opinions and behave in a certain manner, and thus categorizing them as 'Dashfags' is valid

2. The evidence for large numbers/all Rainbow Dash fans behaving in this manner and holding these opinions are my subjective experiences with people who proclaim themselves to be fans of that character in the threads I browse on an anonymous imageboard.

The problem with this is immediately visible and insurmountable. The validity of your evidence relies on several dubious assumptions:

1.That your experiences are representative of what generally happens on the board.

An unproven and arrogant assumption, as nobody browses even half the threads up on this board at any given time.

2. That the people you interact with are honest and acting without ulterior motives.

A laughable assumption, there's no incentive to be truthful about your favorite pony on this board unless you're saying something you believe will be well received.

3. That you yourself experience these events objectively rather than subjectively.

The least egregious of your sins, but still wrong. For every post that conforms to your beliefs there could be 10 that don't, but you wouldn't notice them because you, like everyone else, hold biases that prevent you from experiencing reality objectively.

>Most people agree Dash is a cunt
Which is why you included a quantitative analysis proving that, right?
>Is portrayed as a cunt in show
A subjective opinion, what a surprise.
>Someone is mad about it
Which is why you have an example from desuarchive.
>Hmm...yeah, I bet it's the Rarity fans upset about that, right?
To quote Rarity, there are no words. But I'll give you some anyway

I mean wow, did you actually think this would be a convincing argument? This is literally just your opinions. There is not a single verifiable or falsifiable piece of information.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.