[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So wow the show is still going, huh? I haven't watched since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: Ask Pinkie.png (29KB, 472x151px) Image search: [Google]
Ask Pinkie.png
29KB, 472x151px
So wow the show is still going, huh? I haven't watched since around mid season 1. Guess it was more than just a fad, huh? Anyway, tell me in detail what I've missed without leaving anything out and also without inserting your personal bias as to how the show is doing - I want just the facts, fellow bronies.
>>
>>28378748
Twilight has wings, and we have a Mary-Sue shoehorned into the main cast.
DON'T BOTHER WATCHING: IT'S SHIT! SHIIIIIIIIT!
>>
File: twili concern.jpg (42KB, 568x594px) Image search: [Google]
twili concern.jpg
42KB, 568x594px
>>28378748

Mid season 1?

Jesus, you're like a Roman that came back to life.
You were there for the start of a civilization, but now everything will be unrecognizable and will have to spend at least a year learning everything.
>>
>>28378748
lurk moar
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 125x98px
>>28378748
Holy Jesus....mid season one? Fuck dude?

Okay look: We have 7 mane cast members, a spin off show about the mane 6 becoming human girls, CMC got their marks and 2 additional supporting members got added to the CMC, Twilight is an alicorn princess along with another character named Princess Cadance who is also an alicorn, and a few other things that aren't that important but those should be the most important ones.
>>
>>28378748
>Not since season 1
Okay, here goes.

Season 2 was generally agreed to be high-quality as well, with the introduction of Discord and Chrysalis as villains and a number of episodes that continue to be mentioned as among the best yet. That's not to say that it wasn't without its stumbles - 'Mysterious Mare Do Well' is often rated as among the worst episodes, and there was a minor shitfit at the end of the season when a third alicorn was introduced and Lauren Faust left the show.

Season 3 is generally remarked to be the show's low point. In addition to a half-normal length, it contains a number of episodes that are just plain bad. The real shitstorm came again at the end of the season when Twilight turned into an Alicorn princess, the human-themed spinoff Equestria Girls was announced, and we suffered through our longest between-season haitus yet.

Season 4 was a mixed bag, but far superior to S3. Some episodes were reasonably good, but nothing stood out as 'great'. Nonetheless, it was a bit of a reawakening after the bumpy ride of the preceeding season and usually lands somewhere just below Seasons 1 and 2 in popularity. Some disliked the more adventure-focused episodes, and the S4 finale - featuring a Dragonball Z-esque duel between the towering Tirek and Twilight bearing 4 alicorns' worth of magic that saw the Golden Oaks library destroyed - remains a hotly debated point.

Season 5 was yet again a mixed group of ups and downs. A few truly great episodes, a few utter duds, and a lot of forgettables in between. Notable was the 'Cutie Map', a story mechanic that saw individual Mane 6 members directed out to solve others' friendship problems. The real legacy of this season, however, was the introduction of Starlight Glimmer - a unicorn deliberately intended to be a foil to Twilight Sparkle.
>>
>>28378762
>>28378792
>>28379003
>>28379036
You guys are fucking lame
We could have made him believe all sorts of crazy shit
>>
>>28379036

(Continued). Starlight's appearance in the finale created another shitstorm, with some enjoying her joining the Mane 6 cast while others decried her sudden spike in powers and abilities, plot holes in her backstory, and last-minute change of mind and redemption from villain to ally status as 'forced'.

>Season 6
It's been rough. More than a few episodes have left the board in conniptions - the premiere's writer commenting that he "couldn't be bothered" to read up on the setting was not taken well - and quite a few logical gaps have cropped up as well. Starlight Glimmer's continued inclusion - especially the announcement that the finale would be focused around her - has created another minor spike.

>Equestria girls
Source of a million ragethreads when it was announced, we're now nearing the 4th movie in this series. The first is generally regarded as awful, forcing in romance where it wasn't needed and playing on the stereotypical settings and tropes the show avoided. The second film, Rainbow Rocks, is regarded as the best of the lot while the third is so-so.

>What will you see different?
The show will be completely unrecognizable if you just picked up Season 6. Letters to Celestia are gone, there are now 5 alicorns, technology now features a lot more in the setting, and many episodes do not focus so much on the internal dynamics of the Mane 6 as the earliest seasons did. The Golden Oaks library is gone, and even the art style has shifted somewhat.

>Twilight is a Mary Sue!
Twilight's problem is that her character has advanced very little since she became a princess (notably, one of the best episodes of S5 was also one of her best character episodes as well). Many of the writers do not seem to know how to handle her, and so she sees relatively little screen time mid-season. The big, high-stakes, saving-Equestria season premieres and finales still focus on her, though, so she seems to display power without being a dynamic character.
>>
>>28379049
But, nothing after season 2 is canon.
>>
>>28379057

>The board/fandom is dying/dead!
Certainly things have slowed down. The initial creativity burst all fandoms go through has passed, and we are no longer there. This board (and many other sites) are undeniably slower. Many of the "band-wagon" fans have jumped ship and massive, daring projects are no longer as common. However, I think we are far from dead: Plenty of content is still being produced, and new faces have appeared as well.

Also, we had a minor scruffening a couple months back that nuked a lot of the prompt/writing threads. Your opinion on whether that was a good thing may vary.

>Starlight a shit/a waifu.
Like I said, Starlight Glimmer is possibly the biggest shitstorm this board has seen since Twilight became an alicorn. Trying to be objective here, there are huge flaws in her writing and the S5 finale/Starlight's character absolutely deserves the criticism it gets; however, I can also see why people enjoy her somewhat filling the role Twilight used to hold before she became a princess.
>>
>>28379049
>We could have made him believe all sorts of crazy shit

no need to when all sorts of crazy shit has happened
>>
>>28379057
Why hire someone who isn't going to look into what they're writing for? I've overall liked season six so far but that's just stupid. Either fire that asshole or make him watch/read up on the damned show. Kids can tell when something feels off or out of character, and love it when things are properly connected. As a kid growing up watching Real Ghostbusters, every time they'd make a nod or acknowledge that old episodes happened I was pleased. Made the setting and world and characters feel believable and like it was continuing.
>>
>h00r durr guise i dun le watch za show since le pilot but i suddenly want to le watch it againz !!!11 XDDD wat did i miss XDXDXdxdxd
Are we going to have this kind of thread everyday now?
Go watch the show, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x368px
Oh boy, another meme thread. I want to meme too!
Hey look at me! I'm memeing haha :D
>>
>spoonfeeding
>>
>>28378748
>>
File: Tips.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Tips.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>28379061
The show was never canon
>>
>>28378748
Kill yourself. Fuck off. Get out. Eat shit.
>>
File: 1466293445724.png (389KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466293445724.png
389KB, 1280x720px
People begging to be spoonfed, and the people who spoonfeed them, should be permab&
>>
>>28378748
It's pretty much your standard little girl cartoon. However, it has had its fair share of weird episodes. Like that time Twilight decided to enslave all of the Zebras just because one of them called her a "dumb unicorn". I thought that was a bit extreme, especially when she justified in her action by claiming that she was "teaching them the value of friendship through hard labor".

Seriously, what were they thinking with that one?
>>
>>28379036
>S2 rated above S4 and S5
>>28379057
>RR better than FG
Talk about shit taste.

Your entire post reeks of reddit autism.
>>
>>28378748
http://xxnightmaremoonxx.de/vweb/?page_id=79&page=2
>>
>>28380098
I did like Rarity's song in that ep though, "The White Mare's Burden".
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.