[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just discover the show on July 2015, I watch all the episodes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 20

File: image.png (67KB, 373x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 373x393px
I just discover the show on July 2015, I watch all the episodes, and I can't understand why do you people talk so much shit about the show is bad after the season 2 (I didn't seen the season 3 and 4 For a time for this reason) or that this season is bad because new writers are bad, my personal thoughts are that the show still in the same level, you can say that is pandering now, but was pandering besides the opening(twilight sparkle balloon is a toy), every single thing in the show is potential pandering, so is just dumb bitch about this if you watched season 1 and 2, the worst thing about mlp is just EQG
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
>>28371381

>I can't understand why do you people talk so much shit about the show is bad after the season 2

Because of autism spectrum disorder.
>>
>>28371381
>Image.png
>Shit grammar
>Hating EQG
Why are you living?
>>
>>28371381
I agree the show is still good
This is why you shouldn't take what people say on the internet seriously.
what country you from anon?
>>
>>28371465
Mexico, I know my English is bad, I'm working in it
>>
>>28371514
CONSTRUIR MURO
PEDOFILO
CONSTRUIR MURO
PEDOFILO
>>
File: happyponks.png (130KB, 342x350px) Image search: [Google]
happyponks.png
130KB, 342x350px
>>28371514
Its okay lad. You're trying.
heres a cute pone for your efforts
>>
File: image.png (55KB, 381x385px)
image.png
55KB, 381x385px
>>28371533
Thanks anon, is the 1000 time that someone tells me that, congratulations here your pony
>>
File: image.jpg (574KB, 2048x1354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
574KB, 2048x1354px
>>28371561
Ponk my favorite, thanks anon
>>
>>28371568
Oh sorry sounded like you were a fucking newfag. Just was testing waters, another fucking "pedo" "construye muros" here.
I saw the show as something with "potential", but then they just kept letting us down over and over with every passing season. And the more time passed, the more we saw they didn't gave a fuck about improving, if it works why fix it, right? Then they finally gave us the finger with Quibble pants.
"The writers are sick of your complaints Quibble pants, so just suck it up and accept the mediocre show we give you, because that's all you will ever get".
That's it.
>>
File: noodlemancy.jpg (144KB, 510x700px) Image search: [Google]
noodlemancy.jpg
144KB, 510x700px
>>28371381
Have some pasta.

Q: What made S1 better?

>>28161181 (/mlp/)

Cozy atmosphere full of wonder, a cozy world clearly designed for ponies (pony doors, pony tools, horse-like behaviour) and a creator working behind the scenes to get sure the crew followed her vision instead of trying to cheapen things by doing everything their way.

The characters were simplistic but very likeable, with very definite strenghts and flaws that were used to write good stories where they fucued things up, or saved the day, or learned a new viiew point that made them grown as characters.

Canterlot and Celestia were the summum of mystery and wonder, with a capital literally built on magic and a benevolent ruler loved by everyone and always willing to help her subjects, either directly or indirectly so they could learn how to handle things by themselves.

Then Faust left, McCarthy and Jim Miller took over and crapped all over the original concept to make it trendier or easier to animate. Human poses, human tech, memes, references, character flanderization, retarded plots, character REGRESSION and episodes where they were more intersted to give cameos to their friends rather than paying attention to the story itself.

McCarty worked awesomely well when Faust was still holding her hand, but Jim Miller is a guy who's only previous experience was Ed, Edd n' Eddy, so he should have never been hired to direct a show with a style he had absolutely no idea how to handle or develop.

That's what happened, anon.
>>
File: 1385784401072.jpg (63KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1385784401072.jpg
63KB, 1500x750px
>>28371623

>>28168161 (/mlp/)

The show was lighthearded and innocent during the first couple seasons.

Then, the morals of later episode started to morph into "BE A DICK AND EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT!"

The show became cynical and sarcastic, with a hint of the same irony found on 4chan.

Then it started setting up strawmen as standins for subsets of real people, just to shit all over them.

Regardless of whether you actually like characters like characters like the breezies, Flutter's brother or Dash's equally spergy twin brother (by Daring Do, who boned their father and gave them away), it's hard to say that switching the tagline from "friendship is magic" to "FUCK THESE ASSHOLES" didn't effectively change the the tone of the show in a negative way.

When muh idealistic talking technicolor horse-shaped marshmallows started acting as petty as real people, that was pretty much the beginning of the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie turned out to be nothing but the mane six scoffing at peasants while acting smug and superior.

After all, friendship is magic...so long as you're a mary sue donut steel alicorn who was Princess Celestia's disciple, only to become an alicorn yourself and get your own castle right befote acquiring your own student who just happens to have her own godly magic and time traveling abilities.

Yeah, that really sounds like sonething everyone from all walks of life can relate to.
>>
File: 1435918964403.png (929KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1435918964403.png
929KB, 800x609px
>>28371630

>>22725416
The problem I see is that the show was and continues to be billed as a combination of adventure and slice-of-life; adventure necessitates character growth, while slice of life demands consistency. The problem being, I feel, that the writers are afraid to allow their characters to change AT ALL in order to keep their slice-of-life writing effective. And each adventure only serves to accentuate how much they HAVEN'T changed.

Ultimately, the reason the show is starting to feel a bit flat is because the characters that we're supposed to focus on and experience the show through are acquiring character attributes, but never going through any growth. And that's fine! That's totally acceptable for an episodic show, and even in some cases where they try to blend the two. But they've chosen the worst demographic to cater to: children, who are supposed to grow and learn. When your characters, who were so painstakingly crafted for your audience to relate to, fail to mirror the growth of the audience? They start to feel bland and flat. If you try to tack on new traits that contradict the old? They never grew, so they're not acting in character. If you try to keep them pure and simple? You flanderize them; you can't help but do so, because when they don't grow, you can't write off the disappearance of some traits as them moving beyond those traits.

It requires a skilled writer to keep a character's core in tact while forcing them to change in relation to the things that happen to them. A lot of shows fall miserably short on that. But we can still see sparks of creativity and change in the show. Pinkie Pride was able to hearken back to Pinkie's empathic nature, and she (at least seemed) to learn something. Fluttershy telling off the Breezies almost looks like her having learned to be assertive, if you turn your head and squint But as long as they keep trying to expand the world without growing the characters, it's still going to be a rocky time
>>
File: image.gif (459KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459KB, 960x720px
>>28371605
Ok
>>
>>28371630

/pone/ >>112977
>Lesson Zero
It tried to be a funny parody episode, but it just ended up being try-hard, delusional and above all unfunny. Why delusional? Well because the character genuinely wants us to take her comic relief problems seriously and in the ending we get a tear jerky dramatic ending scene. Celestia still doesn't act kind, laidback, funny and benevolent, she acts like a total pretentious cunt.
The previously established laidback level-headed character acts like a spastic retard over absolutely nothing and wants us to take her seriously. The episode parodies Twilight's brief ocd moments and implications from S1 and her dear princess celestia letters, but instead of getting rid of them after this episode they just keep exaggerating on it and do yet another episode on it with the exact execution and moral of stop worrying. (It's About Time). So they acknowledge the moral letters are dumb and the geeky traits and obsession of the main character with her mentor is also dumb, but they never bother getting rid of them. Why the hell not get rid of the flaws of the show or modify their purpose to improve them? Celestia's letters could be used for something else, the line "Dear princess Celestia" could be kept.
>>
File: Ponka_party1.png (314KB, 569x547px) Image search: [Google]
Ponka_party1.png
314KB, 569x547px
>>28371576
okay one more since your chill.
>>28371605
>Then they finally gave us the finger with Quibble pants.
No just fags like you who can't comprehend change.
>>
>>28371644
I really don't understand the logic behind this episode and most of seasons 2,3,4. You want me to take your cartoon seriously, but you're turning it into a so funny caricature of itself meant for laughs? Then kindly go fuck yourself Mr. Executive if "Pretending to be Retarded: The Show", was part of your master plan.
I don't get it, am I suppose to laugh and feel bad for it at the same time or something? That's why it feels like a parasite leeching off the original show.
If it was a different art style, a time span of 5 years happened, a different show with more self-awareness and honesty as a comedy parody show, and with actual funny jokes then yes I could enjoy it just like Teen Titans Go.
But making it part of the same show as the second season of it and drastically changing the genre from episode 26 to episode 27? That won't fly.
Overall it feels like the creator is just as delusional with what he's trying to do as his own characters he wrote. Feels like Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, Regular Show, only lamer and stupider and lacking in more content.

In some episodes of s2 and most of s3 and s4 this parody style got slightly toned down, but even with that cringe stuff getting fixed, we still run into a bigger problem: Lack of content. Alright fine and charming characters and the removal of the season 1 writing style.

Overall season 2's changes are the following:
>>
>>28371649
Every character gets turned into one of the following: Ironic comic relief, spastic alien-logic autist, 2edgy4me badass/dramatic cunt, crybaby cunt.
Celestia used to be one of the most benevolent and relaxed characters in the show. She gets turned throughout season 2 into this dramatic bitch who always acts serious and pretentious. No she once again doesn't help defeat the villain, monster of the week and does not get more screentime, there are no pros to her cons.

Season 1 managed to fit all of the characters into one episode. There wasn't an episode without at least 3 to 4 characters in it, which mostly featured Twilight. All of them also had a nice chemistry together.
In season 2 the ponies go solo per episode or are forced to interact with one-shot secondary characters.(Sweet and Elite, A Friend In Deed, Putting your hoof down) In some cases the writer downright kicks the main characters out of the episode when they try to get inside(Baby Cakes), in other cases not even 1 main gets featured.(Family Appreciation Day). Plus when they do put all 6 of them together… they always make them act like douchebags and enemies to each other, for the very few 3 episodes they do manage to get featured in.(Return Of Harmony, Hearth's Warming Eve, The Last Roundup).
>>
>>28371656
The episodes' plots get somehow even more lacking than before. Basically because there is no plot in them. Take Ticket Master for example, it has four interest points going on: The dream sequences, the gala, the ticket, Twilight's belly aching because she's hungry. Now imagine removing the first three and making the belly aching the entire plot, basically running bare-bones on story/plot. Alright I got another. Winter Wrap Up: Twilight cries over sucking at every job, oh and they have to wrap up winter in time.
As usual remove all the interesting world design and story plots and focus on the poorly made character-based plot.(While taking into account the character is obnoxious, barely twitches, doesn't have any good dialogue, her jokes are terrible, and she doesn't give any info about herself and the world surrounding her). Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed is just Twilight and Luna yelling like a bunch of retards and spazzing over anything. This would be alright if 1: Their actions and dialogue were actually charming… and 2: There was a secondary plot somewhere in there like a monster of the week or a good dream sequence showcasing her dreams and goals as a character(Ticket Master).
>>
>>28371662
What else did season 2 change…
The soundtrack turns into this obnoxious, dissonant, dramatic garbage that makes you wish it shut the hell up. (S1 had a lot of silent ambient music scenes and simple stuff like birds chirping, water flowing, hoof steps. It used to have a charming cutsie soundtrack.)
Each character also had their own theme song whenever they appeared on screen and talked, they removed that too.
The songs got worse. They replaced the folk pop song for musical songs where the voice actors keep singing long cringeworthy "la lala laaa laaaaaa" to not risk their vocal cords, they just want to get this done faster and get their paycheck already. The lyrics got more annoying and repeated ad infinitum(Smile and Becoming Popular), some of the songs even got turned into pretentious soap opera musicals(Canterlot Wedding's songs). The folk genre is gone.

Because the characters act less proactive(and more autistic), the animators don't have to put as much effort and creativity into their movement and actions. TopDrawAnimation(the off-shores studio) managed most of season 2's animation while season 1 was handled by the in-house Studio B, part of Dhx Media.
The pegasi get these human poses where they stand upright. The expressions get uglier and less creative, often times they keep using only 4 expressive emotions: depressed, sad, angry, smug facial expressions. As opposed to everything's right with the world kinda happy, intellectual, adorably cute, friendly expressions they used to make. Twilight used to have a lot of intellectual faces and shown off a lot of that superior nerd demeanor who would smack everyone if she was in control.
>>
>>28371648
Why do you insist with this stupid argument?
I really hope you change fags are b8, because you should know by now (unless you are fucking underaged or super sheltered) that "change" has never been a synonim with "good" or "improving". Fuck off and die now.
>>
>>28371666
The overall animation starts looking tweened and jittery in every movement and action the ponies make and at some points it becomes too obvious that it's tweened. Sometimes the animators add random frames just to have fun. Hell post-S1 they made the ponies tails come out of their assholes, sometimes they make the ponies stick their tongues out when the scene calls for a serious atmosphere(It's About Time(Twilight preparing to defeat Cerberus)), or as I like to show off as an example of funny faces: Twilight in Lesson Zero. Typical animators screwing around because nobody is supervising them and the executive is a yolo faggot who adores random humour. Exaggerated expressions don't work with the limited Flash asset library, you need to hand draw them properly.

The dialogue along with being comic relief one liner shit which the voice actors can't stand, also got much much shorter. The dialogue amounts to a total of just a quarter of the amount S1 used to have(compare the transcripts from mlp wiki). In S1 the ponies talked a lot, I mean a hell lot(Bridle Gossip, Feeling Pinkie Keen,Watch Where You Sleep). Often times the solo character will be talking to herself because there are no other characters around her to talk to.
The storyboarding keeps cutting short on scenes, doesn't focus on the character's expressions and group shots, never does the action sequences properly anymore. The new pony designs and color palette kept getting uglier, with spiky anime hair, dark colors, unfitting teal strands. Did I mention Bulk Biceps/Snowflake? The Arnold Swarzenegger pony, that design actually got in.
>>
>>28371673
The layout artists instead of creating a higher diversity of good background pony designs to stop copy-pasting them in crowds, instead simply decided to remove the high amount of background ponies and copy-pasted secondary characters instead(Luna Eclipsed). So you'll be seeing a lot more empty areas and less lively environments because of that. After all background crowds need animated too, and that makes the animators charge you more. The backgrounds houses and objects themselves need animated too. In Lesson Zero they use some cheap "rolling ball" tactic where the background rolls downwards automatically to not require more manual drawing.

Rainbow Dash never flies as fast and intense as she used to and when she flies she acts like a goofy idiot and an arrogant smug retard.(Her rock guitar theme also got removed) She used to be serious or at least skilled and focused when she flew fast and she enjoyed it in a genuine way. Her goofyness feels sarcastic because of her dialogue and the way the voice actor is saying it.
>>
>>28371684
The world design starts getting a bit too modernized for the fantasy medieval land to bear. Hospitals, bowling alleys, electric dams, construction sites, hamburger fast food. Yeah almost forgot Rainbow Crash/Dash, the pony who keeps crashing into everything and breaking through ceiling like she's a fucking power puff girl and just walks it off, ends up in the hospital after an off-screen flight accident.(Read It Or Weep It/Daring Do) where they introduce an ugly donut steel pony of herself playing as Indiana Jones n Tomb Rider, where it fully shows that the writers/executives do not want to return to the writing style of season 1.

Lastly the morals. They of course get more hypocritical and illogical when combined with the previous changes. But even the morals alone are very weird, subjective and incomplete. More-so than season 1's tacked-on morals.
Every character is now writing letters instead of just Twilight. Sometimes they get rid of the letter thing entirely, which would be a good thing if they at least kept the letter delivery going without using them for morals. Kinda makes Spike useless.
>>
File: 1367511433524.jpg (14KB, 267x388px) Image search: [Google]
1367511433524.jpg
14KB, 267x388px
/mlpchan/ > /anon/ >>492418

Yeah it's a shitty show, but if you take out the bad parts there's a lot of really awesome stuff in it. Normally when you take those commercial shows and take out the bad parts there's just nothing left at all. But with MLP, even when you ignore the somewhat psychopathic inability of the writers to come up with a convincing argument for the moral of the day, or the fact that Ingram really is a talentless hack and half his songs are awkwardly delivered and contextual as fuck, or the stupid amounts of executive meddling that make the show take complete 180 degree theme shifts for no apparant reason, or nobody on the production team giving one single fuck about continuity, or the general lack of attention to quality to the point that they even get the puppets for the fucking main characters mixed up all the time... you still have ponies. You still have a colorful world full of life and wonder. You have an unexplored frontier, the delightful neurosis of a small town, characters with personality and depth that you can really respect and identify with, and occasional breaks from even the above shittiness to produce truly awesome moments. You have surprisingly dark themes with genuinely upsetting and horrifying things going on that you'd never see in a Disney movie. You have humor that isn't too cartoony, while not being too serious either.

So, yeah the show is shitty, but mostly because it's a big budget affair and because corporates ruin it with their copyright faggotry. So once you take that away, there's so much good in it that it inspires non-shitty stuff. Non-shitty stuff that's more awesome than J "Racism" Tolkein.
>>
File: 1442103143196.jpg (13KB, 245x204px)
1442103143196.jpg
13KB, 245x204px
>>28371701
And even with the show being shitty, you have the only fucking example in fucking existence of a fantasy story that doesn't star humanoids. Until you can point out where I can find my magical land of fantasy animals that isn't MLP you can't say this show has no redeeming value, because there is just nothing else that even comes close to capturing the milieu of its setting.

Closest I can think of is that shit quality Pokémon Mystery Dungeon short, and even that starred a freaking biped.
>>
File: 1432525103429.jpg (53KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1432525103429.jpg
53KB, 510x546px
Dismissing that first season was just slice-of-life

>15365069

>slice-of-life first season

Yeah, remember that time the mane six got sent on a royal mission to scale a mountain and slay a dragon?
And that time Rarity got kidnapped and enslaved by an underground race of canine gem hoarders?
And that time the town their hometown was infested by a swarm of unheard of locusts hellbent on consuming everything in sight?
And that time the Mane six had to stop a war set in the wild west?
And that time Twilight found out her best friend could predict the future?
And those times the Mane six fought a Manticore and a Hydra and a Cockatrice and a dragon and another dragon and the head of the country's evil sister?
And that time the Mane character was the incredibly talented protoge of the princess of what seems to be the only country in existence and holder and protector of the only thing stopping the world from falling to evil?

I could SO relate to that! So simple and so down to earth. I really miss that.
>>
>for those of you who are into fandom crap

OLD MLP
>>15377574

>watching it for the plot
>spotting Derpy
>Winter Wrap up Leak
>Synchtube
>Ponycraft 2
>Bronyquest
>MasterLink controversy
>You're gonna go far, kid
>Lauren answering questions on her dA
>Propane Rainbows
>Friendship is Magnets
>My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic provides a realistic representation of life in Ponyville
>NotACleverPony
>Raiding stores to finally get Gen4 blindbags using the codes posted on EqD
>Makkon
>RC88 releases a new song for Fighting is Magic
>1000 PEOPLE CLICKED ON THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BY ACCIDENT
>Celestia being an evil dictator is a common and acceptable headcanon
>Rainbow Dash wasn't a cunt
>Pinkie Pie sang random songs out of nowhere
>Twilight was sarcastic and snarky
>Applejack was part of the mane 6
>Fluttershy going mad was something unique and unexpected
>Rarity had plenty of episodes
>so many good quotes that kyrospawn was forever busy
>calling yourself a brony was fun, even if it always was a bit ironical
>Everfree Network only did interviews and nothing else
>meeting someone else who liked the show usually meant that person was open-minded and/or artistic and not some spaghettilord
>only being able to fap to humanized versions
>>
File: 1365959188635.jpg (156KB, 1302x949px)
1365959188635.jpg
156KB, 1302x949px
>>20769809

On another note, there is something that happened in Season 1 that was pretty fantastic. Each one of the main 6 had their 'special talents' taken away from them and as a result went crazy. Pinkie thought her friends didn't like her- crazy. Fluttershy has animals not like her- crazy. Dash with the whole competition - crazy. AJ cant do her apple bucking -crazy.

This is the kind of thing I miss, really. Don't get me wrong, I still like the new episodes, but here just seems to be a lack of development now. Everyone's personalities are set, and it doesn't see, like the writers want to change that at all.
>>
>>28371381
The show didn't get worse at all. The hype died of old age and the hive mind moved on leaving only newcomers and die hard fans that may have something wrong with them.
>>
File: remember spiderpostan.png (2MB, 680x665px) Image search: [Google]
remember spiderpostan.png
2MB, 680x665px
>>18058916 (contrasting S1 charm vs other seasons)
Well, counting what I saw in this thread, there are currently:
>less horse puns
>no contempt for richer society (which might've been done because rich/royalty/princesses is "prettier" to lil' girls)
>no nature manipulation
>flanderizations (though mainly just with Pinkie [OMAGAHSOMAGASHOMAGAWWWSH])
>Cloudsdale remaining untouched
>no new sentient species exploration, just more foreign ponies
>no sense of danger within Everfree Forest

>>18073667 (same thread)
MLP prioritized the character interaction with 70% and left the action just to 30%, with the plot often being there just as a thin guideline to follow, but not overwhelm.
Sometimes it's 50/50 with episodes like Feeling Pinkie Keen and Stare Master. Other times it's interwined like Dragonshy, and sometimes it feels like it focuses more on action than character interaction, such as Dog and Pony Show and Swarm of the Century. Some episodes have the characters take numerous coffee breaks and having fun, such as Dragonshy or like Bridle Gossip which is a 20minute giant fest of talking, with the poison joke added in so it's not so boring.
>>
File: 1466047157664.png (913KB, 994x706px)
1466047157664.png
913KB, 994x706px
>>28371753
A typical slice of life show is almost identical to Winter Wrap Up, very loose and and boring. Like Swarm Of The Century, it's just numerous attempts at dealing with a problem repeatedly. The issue is that the characters never have time for each other. While in SwarmOTC it does focus on the characters like a team, but it doesn't focus individually like grand galloping gala or ticket master's dream sequences(most shows do not focus on each character individually, neither their interaction together). And along with not focusing on them individually, they also don't have the free time to interact between them freely like Bridle Gossip.

Dragonshy succeeds at team&interaction, but there's one more thing left to do... individuality, and that's where Ticket Master delivers.
Sadly there's still a bunch of things to improve on like Mare In The Moon which is team&individuality, but fails at interaction because the ponies don't ever take a break from their journey to sit down and chat with each other at a camp fire.

Then of course there's the quality of their interaction, individual scenes and their teamwork. Which can always be improved.

FIM is the only show which managed to combine effectively interaction, and individualism for a 6-man team.

Theme, world design and others thread? okay
>>
>>18076272
The background music used to much more relaxing with more complete loops and smooth notes.
Each character also used to have their own background theme playing whenever they appeared on screen or talked. (Except for Twilight, she never had one in the first place)
The ponies sang with more energy without that soft feelsy la la la crap. The songs were always a tribute to something else just like all of LPS's songs.
The voice acting was also different, they'd always have a start, middle, end, like they planned out their acting more thoroughly and a sound editor helped them splice together the sudden emotion changes between each vowel.

There's less custom animation/actions. The animation is more cringe wanna-be comedic and all over the place in it's execution. Spike won't jump up in the air and dismember everytime he casts his fire or is shocked. The hair will bounce much harder in the latter seasons, while some segments of the hair will stop being animated completely. The physics is done differently too, albeit you need a very keen eye to notice. They decided to change entire libraries of positions and expressions, most of the cutsie large-pupil looks are gone, same for the intellectual looking expressions. They're often more static in their idle actions and less natural looking.
>>
We get it. It's going down the same road as SpongeBob. Go to bed.
>>
File: why hasjew why.png (380KB, 1280x720px)
why hasjew why.png
380KB, 1280x720px
>>28371381
The show is pretty much all I have going.
Having recently learned the synopsis of the season finale though, I can't say I'm that excited.
>>
>>28371765
Notice how Dash didn't get a detailed flying sequence in season 2, till season 3 came up. Or Twilight's magic effects from the Ursa Minor.
Also I don't think anyone noticed this, but Twilight's teleport spell has a different sound effect and visual effect between season 1 and 2+. In S1 it's got a longer sound file, more arcane sounding and it's color is white. While in S2 it's dark pink and sounds like a short electrical boom.
Plus for some reason in S3+ they keep remaking every S1 scene with their own version which includes a lot of camera winking and trying to be blatantly ''cool''.
>>
>>18077581
The sweet smoothies and the french pony, and those cute hay chairs, mushroom tables and flower/dandelion sandwiches.
Also the flower ponies, animal care ponies, spa ponies, pranks house, and large background pony numbers which participated everywhere, and seemed to be controlled by Pinkie for a while. (Except for Party Of One, the parties thrown by Pinkie were always filled with extra bg ponies).
The sheep, cows, dragons, Applejack's dog, Applejack's episodes, these really needed more exposure.

Twilight and Spike practicing magic and discussing it (Boast Busters, Winter Wrap Up, Feeling Pinkie Keen)
Too bad the laboratory in Pinkie Keen didn't become a recurring thing. Twilight could have used a second hobby with potion making.
Rainbow Dash's house should have been explored much earlier. Same for her weather job, her black belt and those one-shot locations in Call of the Cutie.
Oh and Applejack apparently is a good cook if she isn't drunk(Canterlot Wedding,Applebuck Season) still not assurance from Pinkie Pie though (eating burnt cupcakes)
>>
>>28371778
Also one of my favourite parts were the day-dreaming sequences, like Celestia being attacked by parasprites, buff Spike destroying the diamond dogs to save princess Rarity, and Fluttershy being banished to a cage in the everfree forest for stealing Celestia's pet.
Wish they added more of those dream sequences. Now I only see them in Littlest Pet Shop, in a very high number.

Though there's some things which really didn't fit, like the background ponies being far too dumb and irresponsible. Boast Busters, Call of the Cutie.
The benny hill theme, the scooby-doo doors in Bird In A Hoof and perhaps those weird dialogue jokes like caramel apples.
I always found their visual jokes much better than their the dialogue jokes.
>>
>>15350500
I don't agree at all. The flanderization can be avoided but is the result of poor writing. Taking mane 6 characters out of episodes that aren't "theirs" causes reverse problems too:

1. Interaction between them main characters of the show drops on a season wide scale because they're with each other less. Seeing as the popularity of this show depends so much on these 6 principle characters being -friends-, keeping them apart so much is nonsensical
2. You literally see every character less. In S3 which did this, between Magic Duel and SAYS Twilight appeared virtually not at all for three straight episodes (Sleepless, WA, Apple Family Reunion). That should never happen. If you took the logic to its full then each character would only have 4 episodes a season where they do anything.

Of course the problem is shoehorning the characters in so that they just stand around giving non-specific dialogue. But the solution isn't to cut them out, it's to give them something more substantial. Pinkie and Dash could have shown to be planning baking... cider treats?... together at the start, giving them an actually substantial reason to both want to save the apples and work around the farm trying to save them rather than "I like cider because I like cider!". Could have even added a twist where they have to give up their only barrel of cider to lure Fluttershy at the end. It could have replaced all their filler scenes without using up any more time.

The great offender of S2 and S3 for me was to start taking the characters off on their own little quests interacting with an object or secondary pony while the other much more interesting mane 6 were either cut or did nothing. I dislike the whole concept of "x pony episode" because it encourages the writers to skimp out on making the others relevant. A well written episode can leave you wondering who's episode it was. Was this a FS or AJ episode? Was Green Isn't Your Colour a Rarity or FS, or even Twilight episode?
>>
>>16964669
Season 1 had higher quality character use, character interaction, plot use (including sub plotting with multiple characters), in many cases pacing and time efficiency to get more done per episode, it was a far more polished product. People have managed to blind themselves to this fact or are not able to notice it, and have instead declared anyone who can see the quality difference as nostalgic.

Far more in S4 the mane 6 have been reduced to standing around, providing generic interchangeable dialogue and moral support, the writers unable to come up with inventive ways to use their character get them involved relevantly in the episode, or simply just cutting them altogether as if that's the solution. Fluttershy participated more in S1 than S3+4 combined, she was virtually anonymous outside her episode in S3.

Season 1 also focused more on the mane 6's relationships with each other, developing them together or off each other. That's much less the case any more, S2, 3 and 4 have scattered the mane 6, each of them off on their own little stories, developing on their own or with one-shot new characters like Cranky or Lightning Dust - again enforcing the fact the rest of the 6 are reduced to background tier.
>>
>>28371799
Season 1 more often showed ambition to use sub plots and develop characters alongside each other to get them invovled; episodes like Green Isn't Your Colour, which had Twilight, Pinkie and Spike twisted in a sub plot of secret keeping that never detracted from the main plot of Rarity/Fluttershy, or LBYS, with Twilight getting to do friendshippy stuff she'd been missing out on her life for the first time while Rarity/AJ go at it, or FWF, or Sonic Rainboom. How many episodes in S4 have managed this? Castle Mane-ia, desperately few.

S1 was a more polished product with much better writing. S4 is good ideas with plenty of superficial fluff but lazy, simplistic, and neglecting its main characters and ensemble cast feel.
>>
>>28371672
>"change" has never been a synonim with "good" or "improving".
Oh really? You know without change humans would still be hunter/gatherers right?
And if you really hate mlp so much(looking from how long your pasta is I would say yes) you know you could simply stop watching it. But Oh wait since you can't move on or dare I say "change" your just gonna be stuck trying to relive the magic you felt pre MMC for the rest of your pathetic life. Not even gonna look at your pasta cause I've seen them before.
To sum up
>retard finds tiny insignificant incongruities then tries to explain why they made everything shit.

As Ive said to your fellow fagatrons in the past, "grow up".
>>
File: 1363715917872.gif (1MB, 480x270px)
1363715917872.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Have fun TL;DRfags.

Anonymous is out.
>>
File: top sun.png (82KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
top sun.png
82KB, 700x600px
>>28371829
>Doesn't bother to read
Ok opinion discarded as well.
>>
>>28371381

Because of fans of the fandom
They hate the show but cant get off of their circlejerks
>>
>>28371829
>inb4 shitstorm
This. TBQH famalam the show was never THAT good from the beginning.
>>
>>28371381
theres a lot of actual hipster contrarians on this site who hate it based solely on the fact its popular. theres also a lot of memers who think its comedy gold to continually say how shit everything is.
then once you wade through all the bullshit, you find a small handful of people who are more disappointed with the show than actually hating it. you can separate this wheat from the chaff by asking their reasoning and seeing if they have any real reasons to support their claims.

overall its safe to say the vast majority still adore the show and enjoy each new episode to an extent.
>>
>>28371851
>tb h fa m
Dropped
>>
ITT: Dropped
>>
>>28372079
D R O P P E D
>>
>>28372079
>>28372128
SO DROP THE BOMB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmvm7DIepJs
>>
Have fun reading something substanceful for once, faggots.
>>
>>28373445
Thread is dead and so is our dreams. There's also not much substance in overanalyzing MLP when most people just watch it for the horses.
>>
>>28371514
disregard what /mlp/ says. I only got on this ride 2-3 months ago myself and I think the show only really hits a low when they do the cutiemap episodes. theyre just really boring and unsinpired after they just complete a much more interesting story arch and they clash with one another.

besides that the show's production value has gone up a lot, and every season has its good and it's bad.
>>
>>28371753
>ponk flanderizations
did you guys even watch the first seasons? she was obnoxious as all hell, her character was being an ADHD autist. Im glad they toned her down. Though I do feel she's been underutilized in the last season, mostly used for comedy relief. Thats not so much flandarization as much as that the writers had no real reason for her to be in the scenes but still tried to use her.
>>
>>28373829
Ever since Too Many Pinkie Pies Pinkie's character has changed.
>>
>>28371381
>and I can't understand why do you people talk so much shit about the show is bad after the season 2
Because those are the people that started watching in 2010-2011, when the show was still new and exciting.
The cartoon landscape was very different back then and by comparison, MLP was a glowing diamond, at a time where cartoons were at an all time low, MLP's quality writing and characters provided the perfect mixing pot for a nerd explosion.

It's been nearly six years, Gravity falls happened, Stephen universe happened. Cartoons are simply better now, and in some ways surpassing MLP.

The show is still good, there's just much more on offer nowadays
>>
>>28371753
I noticed that too.
It seems episodes nowadays feel rigid, and absolutely HAVE to follow a cookie cutter plot in order to resolve a problem or produce an outcome.
Earlier episodes had a looser feel, sure there was a plot, but the characters were far more utilised and most of the episodes were often spent with the ponies just being cute and bantering in a smart and hilarious way
>>28373829
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, it was like turning a light switch, the difference between Pinkie in Baby Cakes and TMPP is like night and day
>>
>>28373472
True, but we did have quite a bit more discussion back then.
>>
>>28371381
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.