[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't EQG just make another straightforward plot like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: Legend_of_Everfree_poster.jpg (43KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Everfree_poster.jpg
43KB, 250x351px
Why can't EQG just make another straightforward plot like Rainbow Rocks did?
>>
EQG was a mistake
>>
>>28360297
Mlp was a mistake
>>
>>28360297
S6 was a mistake
>>
>>28360325
S1 was a mistake
>>
>>28360503
Cartoons were a mistake
>>
>>28360514
Non realistic artforms were a mistake.
>>
>>28360732
Humans were a mistake.
>>
>>28360777
Eukaryotes were a mistake.
>>
File: derailed_train_w1.jpg (376KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
derailed_train_w1.jpg
376KB, 1920x1200px
>>28360057
Getting back on track here. Can you reiterate your question OP? What about the plot do you have a problem with?
>>
>>28361391
Photons were a mistake
>>
>>28360777
Trips confirm we were a mistake
>>
File: 1473097551202.png (677KB, 657x736px) Image search: [Google]
1473097551202.png
677KB, 657x736px
>>28361391
Puny eukariotic beings
>>
File: dashie_by_darkynez-d8ewbfc.jpg (92KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
dashie_by_darkynez-d8ewbfc.jpg
92KB, 1000x800px
>>28360057
>Rainbow Dash is the only one that does not show her knees.

Pure Dashie, not a slut.
>>
>>28361491
kek
>>
>>28361413
The multiverse was a mistake
>>
>>28361406
Both Friendship Games and Legends of Everfree both set themselves up as being relatively mundane affairs (winning a competition between schools, saving a summer camp) and for the most part that is what they are, but for the last quarter of the story the main conflict is interrupted by a character going crazy with magic and indirectly or directly making the work done to resolve the conflict pointless.

While they are related to the original conflict, they don't directly resolve the original conflict. In addition, the climax and resolution of these magical conflicts are often rushed, with the tension pretty much coming out of nowhere.

Maybe I explained this too abstractly, let me use an example.

Equestria Girls was all about getting the Element of Magic back to Equestria and keeping it out of the wrong hands, winning the Fall Formal was the method of accomplishing this task. Sunset Shimmer was pretty much an opponent seeking the same goal.

Rainbow Rocks was all about stopping the Sirens, the Battle of the Bands was the method of accomplishing this task.

Friendship Games was about winning the titular Friendship Games, we never get a resolution towards the Friendship Games as the conflict of defeating Midnight Sparkle is a related, yet separate conflict. The original conflict of winning the Friendship Games is mostly left unresolved.

Legends of Everfree was about saving Camp Everfree, the actions taken to resolve this conflict are mostly pointless as not only is the camp partially destroyed, but the conflict is almost entirely resolved right at the end with a show the main cast puts on.
>>
A mistake.
>>
>>28361580
this post was a mistake
>>
>>28360057
>Twilight
Fuck, those shorts don't even follow the fingertip rule. How can girls be expected to dress modestly when their favorite characters can't?
>>
>>28361562
My life was a mistake
>>
>>28361491
That's because she loves wearing men's clothing like a real dyke :^)
>>
>>28360319
Faust was a mistake.
>>
>>28361633
You call this male clothing?
>>
>>28361491
P U R E
U
R
E
>>
The book was great. I think the movie will be as highly regarded as RR was.
>>
>>28361818
>the book was great

What?
>>
>>28361818
Rainbow Rocks kept a consistent tone, pace, and had a very straightforward plot.
>>
>>28361818
You are insane if you think that.
>>
>>28361864
>Has a different opinion
>Must be insane
Hows the weather in North Korea?
>>
>>28361886
>believing the movie will be highly regarded when the thread was mostly negative towards it.
>>
>>28361902
I can't help the reactions 3edgy contrarion hive minds will have.
>>
>>28361913
There were legitimate reasons people didn't like it.
>>
>>28361902
>Implying
I was just bitching at you for saying he was insane for having an opinion.
I have yet to read the book
>>
>>28361927
His opinion is okay, but I believe his predictions might be wrong about how well it was received.
>>
>>28361936
I see that. RR will be hard to top. We will just have to wait.
>>
>>28361952
This thread is pretty much highlighting why Rainbow Rocks was so well received. It isn't amazing writing, it just isn't terrible. It is simple fun and that makes it really easy to like.
>>
>>28361491
Pinkie isn't either
>>
>>28361580
I don't understand why people don't realize this.
>>
>>28361580
Considering most people say 2/3 > 1, i don't see how this or that plotline is better than the other, it's about how you execute it.
>>
>>28362050
Equestria Girls 1 was clichéd and had a host of other problems. Equestria Girls 2 fixes the problems of Equestria Girls 1, Equestria Girls 3 introduces new problems.
>>
>>28362067
there are many people who enjoyed 3 more than 2, more than i like to admit, so the "problems" seems to be just your personal subjective problems, not objective ones, while almost(!) everyone agrees 1 is the worst, so something clearly has gone wrong there objectively.
>>
>>28362082
Likewise I enjoy 1 more than 3, but I realize that I am the minority.

Also, I am explaining the reason why Rainbow Rocks is so vastly hailed as the best of the series.
>>
>>28362106
>Also, I am explaining the reason why Rainbow Rocks is so vastly hailed as the best of the series.
i can easily explain it to you:
The music

that's it
>>
>>28361601
This Anons life was a mistake
>>
>>28361580
Wait, how do we know yet? I thought the movie didn't release until October something?
>>
>>28362127
there is a lightnovel version of it released, basically covering the entire plot, there used to be a thread with the scans here
>>
>>28362116
Nah the Sirens were fun villains and the plot was simple. There wasn't much time spent setting things up leading to more time spent on the conflict ,which in turn lead to more spectacle.

Equestria Girls 1 spends its time also getting sidetracked from the conflict, Equestria Girls 2 is the only one that sticks to the conflict all the way through.

>>28362127
Book is pretty much a novelization of the script, even outright copying dialogue.
>>
>>28362116
And the waifus
>>
>>28362142
>>28362143
Huh, well shit I totally missed it. Oh well, I can wait a month for it. Hopefully it'll be up quick like the others were.
>>
>>28362116
Spectacle was a huge part of it, and we could spend more time on it.
>>
File: 150.png (24KB, 302x287px) Image search: [Google]
150.png
24KB, 302x287px
>>28360057
>wanting "straightforward" stories
>bullshit predicable and cliche stories like every other girl cartoon
>not wanting unique and interesting stories

well, now I can see why EQGfags exist: you're all faggots who have no taste in media and will happily eat up anything Hasbro shits out as long as it has the MLP logo on it
>>
>>28361902
>believing in the 4chan bandwagon mentality

Form your own opinions Anon, don't rely on obese anonymous shitposters to indoctrine you on what you should and shouldn't like.
>>
Because Josh Haber is a hack
>>
>>28363842
I never said bullshit predictable and cliche, I just said straightforward.

Most of the EQG movies AREN'T straightforward.
>>
>>28361840
And its plot was very meh. I do agree that attempts to shove a more complex story line into the timeframe of a short movie has damaged vanilla EQG and FG, but even then both of these had much more interesting stories compared to RR.
RR's strengths do not include its plot. They were characters and music.
>>
>>28361633
that means that Rainbow Dash is Gender Fluid
>>
>>28361653
male shorts for 10 year old boys
>>
>>28364155
I do think that Rainbow Rocks excels in those areas because of its more simplistic plot.
>>
>>28361580
Personally, I always thought the central conflict of Friendship Games was human Twilight's studies of Equestrian magic, while the games were just a subplot that affected those events and allowed us to see the main six's perspective. That's why the movie spent so much time establishing Twilight's character at the beginning while not talking much about what the events of the games would be. Similarly, Rainbow Rocks contained a Battle of the Bands, but the real point of the movie was always defeating the Sirens.

Equestria Girls has a theme. It tells stories about magical conflicts, but frames them as normal high school events like a band competition or a camping trip.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.