[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this season? We got a lot of great episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: 1033216.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1033216.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why do people hate this season? We got a lot of great episodes from it.

>>28353143
>Gaunlet of Fire
>No Second Prances
>Hearths Warming Tale
>Saddle Row Review
>Flutter Brutter
>Spice Up Your Life
>Stranger Than Fan Fiction
>The Times Are a Changeling
>Dungeons and Discords
>Buck Ball Season
>>
>>28353599
I don't know man. Opinions and shit. I think this is a pretty solid season so far, for me it's top 3 right behind S4 and S5.
>>
>>28353599
Remove SUYL and STFF and you've got a point there OP
>>
>this season
>S5 screencap
>S6 episodes list

>the OP is literally a repost of a thread that's already discussing this

Fuck off.
>>
>>28353599
>TTAaC
>DaD
>good episodes
Everything else you listed was good but your taste became automatically shit at that point.
>>
>>28353622
He's a waste of space and a faggot. Its not like he has anything better to do.
>>
>>28353680
These were well received though.
>>
Im loving it, the fans are getting too butthurt, i have been listening the derby racers song all the time, love it! the slice of life feels very genuine and fun, loving the new season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcDhCL2DnQ
>>
>>28353599
There may not be horrible episodes, but most of them are bland and forgettable, almost a waste of time.

The show has lost its touch.
>>
>>28353680
What if you are the one with shit taste?
>>
File: 1470192176540.png (864KB, 718x711px) Image search: [Google]
1470192176540.png
864KB, 718x711px
>>28353778
This
Memes, bantz and bait aside, this is the real opinion I have.
>>
>>28353599
People just love complaining. I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>28353680
>>TTAaC
>>DaD
>>good episodes
>Everything else you listed was good but your taste became automatically shit at that point.
This. Those were fantastic episodes, "good" is a disrespect to them. Probably top 10 best of all time.
>>
>>28353778
>almost a waste of time
Yet it's all we got...
>>
>>28353890
:startmusic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k3n5me4Rns
>>
>>28353599
The Times Are a Changeling was pretty bad
>>28353776
yeah that was underrated song
>>
>>28355142
Most people here liked it.
>>
>>28355142
It was one of the best episodes this season.
>>
>>28355177
Please explain why
>>
>>28355526
It was a really good conflict.
>>
So far this has been the Rainbow Dash and Applejack season.

After everything that happened in S5 I was hoping for a lot of focus on Starlight, but she's only had like 4 episodes.
>>
>>28355590
You mean Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Rarity season.
>>
Literally only three
T
H
R
E
E
good episodes this season

>Gauntlet of Fire
>Hearth's Warming Tale
>The Times They are a changeling

Two of those are fucking SPIKE episodes and one is a lazy retelling of A Christmas Carol that is at least comfy and doesn't fuck up anything.
All the rest are shit, except for No Second Prances which is "okay".

This is literally the worst season.
>>
File: pepe 100.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 100.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>28355670
>better than SRR, FB, STFF, BBS
>>
>>28353599
Times They Are A Changeling dropped the ball in a huge way by making Thorax's backstory not match the moral of the episode. If you want to say "changelings can change", you have to show one actually changing, not being good from birth.

The others are pretty good, though. And you forgot to list On Your Marks.
>>
>>28355670
>good
>>
This season feels rather generic and they continue to stretch the rediculous-ness of reaction faces. On top of that, the world keeps getting smaller as the main cast gets bigger and more importantly. With that, you lose the comforting feeling of Ponyville. The fact that in the past 2 seasons they have brought in so many new characters for one off episodes from all around the world (as well as a few returns) and every antagonist has been reformed also takes a lot of focus away from what the show started as. With that many characters coming and going, it all feels very hectic and rushed to try and tie up loose ends that didn't particularly need to be tied up or are tied up in cliche or un realistic ways.
>>
>>28355785
I would say that The Times Are a Changeling is better than Flutter Brutter.
>>
>>28353599

Because people dont want to leave the ride alone
They want to take the biggest quantity of people out of the ride because they hate the show
>>
>>28353599
>listing your opinions like they're fact and trying to force a hivemind
Fuck you. I like On Your Marks. It was a good AB episode, aside from the messy structure, with fitting 3 conflicts in one episode. The characterization was fine, though, and the song was great.

I'm not feeling good about the season in all, though, even if most of the episodes are fine. If the show ends here, it will have been a pitiful and unsatisfying ending.
>>
>>28357419

This is what those faggots (including me) have been yelling for 2 seasons. I know doom Pauling is frowned upon, but how could you guys not see it coming. The only way you couldn't have noticed the slippery slop is if you shut off your brain and just stared at the bright colors.
>>
Explain why Buckball Season was bad since all of you think it's shit
>>
>>28356812
>people criticize the show to ruin it for the people who still like it
Hell, no. Maybe some people actually do that, but it isn't common, at all.

You see, this is a thread complaining about us "haters". You think we're ruining the show for you, and you're angry about it. It's fair.
"We" think the showrunners are ruining the show for us, we're angry about it and we want to vent. But, apparently, we shouldn't be allowed to. Not only we're losing the show, we can't even complain about it.

Are we too toxic? Maybe. But maybe we wouldn't be so toxic if whenever we had legit criticism we didn't get replies like "the show is about cute horses doing cute things, shut up and stop complaining". You can't really expect respect from people who don't feel respected.

Stop playing the victim card.
>>
>>28357500
everyone think it's shit?

I thought fuckball season was recieved pretty well.
>>
>>28357597
I think it's a new meme, some anon says "why does everyone hate Buckball Season?" and no one can explain it because no one hates the episode. See >>28336460.
>>
>>28353599
The problem is that nothing big has really happened in S6. It also arrives hot on the heels of season 5, which had (offhand): alternate timeline hopping, communism/brainwashing with a "Where's Waldo" easter egg villain, strong continuity callbacks to S1E01, and a little thing called the CMC getting their cutie marks. Regardless of whether you believe those were handled well, you can't dispute they were comparatively huge things that happened.

It's like if you have a lot of meat and potatoes, but no seasoning. You'll think, "Yeah, that was a satisfying meal" and your belly is full, but there's no zest or "wow" factor.

I don't hate season 6. But at the same time, I can't look back on it and think, "Wow, so THAT happened."
>>
>>28357631
So basically I was trolled.

It's kinda interesting since no one can explain it's shit, but no one can explain it's good. In fact this entire season has that atmosphere of you can't explain either it's good or bad, it's just meh or not bad.
>>
Same reason people hate every season as it airs...it isn't the last season and they aren't nostalgic for it yet

Also, it should be noted that it's pretty much been proven doomsayers are very very very vocal minority on this board through polls, the people who constantly talk shit about the show every single season are likely just like five or so people who lurk here 24 7 just to trash talk it and the fanbase
>>
>>28357761
>t. paid Hasbro shill
>>
>>28356310
This
I think the main problem behind this is becuase of Twilight becoming the Princess of Friendship.
Instead of learning about Friendship together, they're fixing other people's problems.
Which isn't bad if it's done right, but lately it is dumbing down.
>>
>>28357765
>t. poser

>>28357781
It's called character development....if the mane 6 were still learning friendship lessons in the classic way people would bitch about how stale the show is and that is isn't moving forward.

Fact is, if you don't enjoy the show fuck off, plenty of us always did and still do and as long as this fandom has been around there have been a few people trying to parrot the Nostalgia Critic and other cringey internet "critics" and pretending to be experts in story telling and animation despite having achieved absolutely nothing
>>
>>28357918
Fact is, if you don't enjoy a board where people complain about the OOC shit you call "character development", fuck off, plenty of us always did and still do.
>>
If this season's episodes were the first episode you saw, would you be in to the fandom?
>>
>>28357954
>I never want characters to progress!
>Everything has to stay the same all the time!
Autism
>>
File: CHARACTER_DEVELOPMENT.png (98KB, 350x295px) Image search: [Google]
CHARACTER_DEVELOPMENT.png
98KB, 350x295px
>>28358041
>everything is character development!
>if the characters forget everything and act like fucking retards it's because the show is progressing!
Idiocy
>>
>>28358087
You must admit that AJ in that ep would have been gold on s1
>>
>>28357954
Fact is, you're a poser who is trying to cling to something you're not even a fan of because you are less than a shitposter, you have literally no life or interests. Always have been, always will be.
>>
File: what.png (126KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
126KB, 500x512px
>>28358384
>You must admit that AJ in that ep would have been gold on s1
What? What kind of rebuttal is that? I'm saying that the characters are more stupid than in s5. Admitting that an episode would've been good in s1, before they had learned anything, proves my point, there isn't character development, there's character retrogression.
>>
>>28358429

So what if I said I was a fan of season 1-3 and somewhat 4, but I still watch to make sure I don't miss the very rare good episode? When something becomes more controversial, like this show has over the last 3 seasons, it's an indication that there has been a shift in consensus from the people watching the show. The crazy part is that there are plenty of people who already left when they thought the show was declining in quality, but the fact that there are still quite a few people around who will argue that the show has become something different from what it was and has become mideocure but still enjoy the old stuff should tell you that something really has changed. Again cute ponies doing cute things is fine, but there was more of a reason to watch in season 1-4ish than there is now. You also see that a lot of people who have been enjoying the newer stuff have joined up AFTER season 3, where the focus began to change.
>>
>>28353599
>Buckball Season
>Spice up yout life
>times are changeling
>good
>>
>>28353680
Dungeons and Discords was the best rated episode this season you stupid cunt.
>>
>>28353599
All Confalone episodes and that one Spike episode were cool but the rest was either boring or crap. Especially the fucking football episode, like watching paint dry.
>>
File: Srpwz.jpg (22KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
Srpwz.jpg
22KB, 299x288px
>>28357500
Becuase it literally had nothin in it except some gag faces. The story was boring and dragged focusing on some made up game. The outcome was the most predictable thing than in 28 pranks later. The episode didn't established any new friendship or any new chemistry between existing characters. It didn't developed any character and dind't had a single funny joke. It was an episode that should have been cut out of this season for budget purposes isntead wasting resources.
>>
File: 1471952405430.png (29KB, 693x641px) Image search: [Google]
1471952405430.png
29KB, 693x641px
>>28359749
wew lad

I like how half the episode's detractors seem to be this one ESL-anon
>>
>>28358458
Character development is what hasbro shills say when a writer goes full retard
>>
>>28359704
They were all good episodes.
>>
>>28359713
No, it's not, it's a pathetic episode!
>>
>>28359674
>the fact that there are still quite a few people around who will argue that the show has become something different from what it was and has become mideocure but still enjoy the old stuff should tell you that something really has changed.

Episode polls prove this is really less than quite a few people and more like a couple of really obsessed people who hate the show and yet still lurk on the board enough to shit up every single thread

>You also see that a lot of people who have been enjoying the newer stuff have joined up AFTER season 3, where the focus began to change.
Nah, you mainly see that people who left the fandom did in Season 3, and never bothered to keep up with or have faith in the series. I have been, and know others who have been fans since the start and even if we acknowledge a lack in quality in S3 still enjoy S4 and onwards

You're the minority pal, you just pretend to be ten people at any given time because this board is literally your life and you can't stand people being more enthusiastic about something you lost your passion for, so you make up these memes like "anybody who still watches is a newfag A BLOO BLOO BLOO"

Faggot
>>
File: 1472746702472.png (607KB, 744x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472746702472.png
607KB, 744x900px
>tfw I find like half of S6 just meh
>but instead of talking it out there's always someone who starts spouting how the show is shit and dead and it always ends in hasdrone/faustfag or nu/mlp/ shitposting
>>
>>28360657
What's the story behind that pic?
>>
>>28360666
Watch Neverending Story, Satan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo
>>
>>28360302

Care to share a link to the polls?
>>
>>28360657
I like how the official definition of "nu/mlp/" is people who watch the show, only newfags think this board was founded on memes

You can really tell you the real fans are because they came from /co/, the faggots are from /b/ and need to fuck off back to there
>>
>>28361148
I don't save them, here is last episodes poll
Just pay attention to the episode premiere stickys
http://www.strawpoll.me/11145293/r
>>
>>28361172

So the poll is put up in the stickies? If so, that kills a lot of answers from people who don't watch the episodes immediatly through streams or same day youtube videos. I can tell you for a fact that people who have fleeting interest in something for whatever the reason aren't likely to dedicate a morning time on a weekend to watch and participate in discussion. I think that leads to bias in the voting. Really, I probably am wrong in thinking there are tons of people who find the newer seasons boring or bad, but I'd also hazard a guess that the people who have been disappointed have either left or receded into occasionally watching the show rather than being here to voice their opinions on the subject.
>>
>>28361226
Yeah, these polls are usually from the sticky and various other threads on the board where they're posted, but usually only in the first five or so hours after the episode.
>>
>>28361226
Pollanon generally re-polls once the season's done, and then that's the one he uses for his graphs. He's said the same thing you're saying.

The one from the stickies are still a good measure of how individual episodes fare within a given season, but you can't use them to compare previous seasons.
>>
>>28361226
>So the poll is put up in the stickies? If so, that kills a lot of answers from people who don't watch the episodes immediatly through streams or same day youtube videos

Wait wait wait
I'm an American and I can afford Discovery Family, I really don't care about the opinions of people who don't watch every episode as it premieres to be frank

And also, it really doesn't matter...you're saying people who watch it later are somehow more informed than people who watch it first, and that's fucking retarded
>>
>>28362150
>I don't care about the opinions of people who don't have the time, resources or who simply don't care enough to watch it live
that's pretty fucking dumb sempai
>you're saying people who watch it later are somehow more informed
he literally doesn't even imply that
2/10 your reading comprehension is shit, fuck off, summer has ended
>>
>>28362150

So you disregard the opinion of someone who doesn't go out of their way to make time on a Saturday morning at 9-11am (in the US)? That's just about as dumb as assuming someone who watches later would have a more formed and solid opinion on the episode than those who watch during the airing. What I was trying to get across with my point was that those surveys are given to people who dedicate a chunk at an odd time of day to watch a show which they enjoy very much so of course their opinion of the episode/show will typically be higher than those who don't have such dedication. With the lack of people who aren't as dedicated, a larger chunk of those who have slowly found the show to have become boring or not as much to their taste won't be able to vote in these polls that are out during the episode. That means the polls receive less negative votes just because of when they are posted. Is that too hard a concept to grasp?
>>
File: 1463018440399.png (601KB, 716x764px) Image search: [Google]
1463018440399.png
601KB, 716x764px
What is wrong with Spice Up Your Life? It didn't seem too bad aside from Rarity's approach to fixing the restaurant being out of character.
even then I'm convinced that was just an issue of the writers not establishing the situation enough and showing Rarity's reasoning for what she did. It wasn't anything too drastic, Rarity just needed to say why she wanted to play it so safe and she didn't.
>>
>>28363084
That's my main gripe about the episode. When the conflict works only because someone had to be stupid or had to un-learn a lesson learned. And aside from that there weren't many entertaining things for me. It was just kinda bland.
>>
>>28363132
I enjoyed pretty much all of it, but I'm probably just biased since Rarara and Panko are my favorite pones in the show
>>
>>28353776

I liked the song. Just the episode that surrounded it was ass.
>>
>>28357918
Need I remind you that the reason why Twilight becoming a Princess in the first place was because they thought the series was going to end?
The overall quality of the writing since then hasn't degraded that much, and the animation definitely has improved a lot. Maybe they should move on from helping other ponies to something else.
>>
>>28357672
This seems about right. I mean, look at this season's good episodes. Most of them are either slice of life stories or addressing loose ends from earlier in the show. S5 wasn't just good, it was surprising and it expanded the show's world by focusing on a lot of characters we'd either never met before or not learned much about. On top of that, it had some permanent alterations to the show, both foreshadowed and otherwise, so it kept the fandom speculating on what would come next. It was a change in the show's direction. S6 keeps the general tone of S5, but it hasn't thrown any surprises our way and nearly all of its episodes won't affect the status quo of the series.

People are disappointed because they have to compare a season of filler to one that made an art form out of throwing curveballs.
>>
>>28358033
I'd be hooked. Honesty, this season works better as an introduction than it does as a continuation. If you already know MLP can do strong character-based storytelling, S6 is nothing special, but to a newcomer it would make an impression.
>>
>>28358033
This season has everything I liked from the start.
Likable characters, check
Charming stories about those characters, check
Great music, check

So, yeah
>>
>>28353599
I don't think it's hated - most people just think it's too average. I agree that there's no Celestia Tier episode yet, but I still enjoyed every single one - even the ones that got shit scores. So far, it's my third favorite after S1 and S2.
>>
>>28353599
It hasn't been that great.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.