[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is their ever going to be a legit criticism of the show besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: mlfw8704-raeg.png (112KB, 237x228px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw8704-raeg.png
112KB, 237x228px
Is their ever going to be a legit criticism of the show besides "the fandom sucks"?
>>
>>28337750
It's for children. Seriously, the first couple of seasons are obvious that the show was written only for kids. The plot, story, lessons, voice acting, etc, it's aged.
>>
>>28337750
Have you ever lurked on this board for more than 4 seconds?
>>
>>28337761
Do you even watch the show?
>>
File: 1457616616265.jpg (55KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
1457616616265.jpg
55KB, 612x563px
>>28337750
>>
>>28337776
Yeah, and it's gotten much better than it was back in season one. As I said, when it first aired you can tell it was for kids. It was poorly written and poorly acted out. It's obviously still a kids show, but it's evolved so something that now more older people can watch it as it doesn't solely focus on teaching little girls how to be good people anymore, instead focusing more on the story itself and not the end result.
>>
>>28337750
It's a 22 minute toy commercial written by the cheapest hacks they found hanging around the bus station. Don't take it too seriously.

It's just another crappy cartoon designed to pump money out of parents. The fact that it's good to masturbate to is its only positive.
>>
>>28337798
This post smells of hasbro shilling.
>>
File: 1430234640165.gif (414KB, 1194x950px) Image search: [Google]
1430234640165.gif
414KB, 1194x950px
>>28337862
>I enjoy the show
>HURR SHILL
Have you ever tried enjoying something anon? Did you hate it?
>>
>>28337847
This
People praise this show like it is the second coming of Jesus when it is just a toy commercial. Sure it was good for escapism and delusions of a better world, but now not even that as writers have taken it into their agendas to ruin the world adding shit that makes it feel closer to the real world and ruining the fantasy.
And even fags that don't want the show can agree that ponies arouse them and make them want to cum inside.
>>
>>28337875
see
>>28337879
>>
File: 1430275864003.jpg (866KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1430275864003.jpg
866KB, 1200x1200px
>>28337798
No it fucking hasn't, it's gotten worse since S1. Name a poorly written episode of S1 that portrays the characters as badly as episodes like Applejack's Day Off, The Cart Before The Ponies, Newbie Dash, etc.

>and poorly acted out.
Tabitha has always been god-tier.

>It's obviously still a kids show, but it's evolved so something that now more older people can watch it as it doesn't solely focus on teaching little girls how to be good people anymore
So you genuinely are retarded. Because Lauren Faust, from the very beginning, always wanted it to be something that everyone could enjoy. And obviously, it fucking worked. It was always written so that everyone could enjoy it, because that was Faust's original vision for the series. So you're flat out wrong there. If anything, it's evolved into something less than that, into something just for meme-loving autists like yourself, who can only be entertained by "cool" things like fights, time travel and lasers, when it never needed that in the first place.

In fact, you're wrong about the story too. If anything, with the Gala, S1 actually had more story than any other season. Discord never mattered in S2 after the premier, and the Wedding just randomly showed up. In S3, there was no buildup to MMC, and Twifags will lead you to believe that S4 is all about her, but she has no episodes aside from the premier and finale, that's hardly any character development. In S5, the map was just an excuse to send characters to places, and Starlight only mattered in the premier and was forced into the story with the finale, and S6 premier. We're 18 episodes into S6, and there is still no story arc. It was supposed to be "Explore Equestria", but the writers are apparently only aware of Manehattan and Canterlot. In comparison, S1 actually had more of a story arc.

TL;DR, kill yourself for being this new to the show.
>>
>>28337879
see
>>>/pol/
>>
>>28337925
Kill yourself, I don't even care about politics.
Using the term "agenda" doesn't always mean that it has to be political bullshit, fuck you.
>His agenda was to destroy their beautiful world
>Her agenda included to ridicule x kind of people to do y bullshit behind curtains
>>
>>28337750
they're ponies

PONIES

LITTLE HORSES
>>
>>28337919
>the earlier seasons had more arc than the later ones
I never knew it was possible to be this delusional. First few seasons were literally designed around not having too much of an arc so that TV channels could show them out of order.
>>
>>28337750
Yes
Even if you all hate barneyfag he has a fucking point.
The show is always was and always will be mainly for little girls
Your meta innuendos, jokes and other forced adult shit in between lines doesn't make it not a little girls show.
Which they will look again when they are older and go FUCKING SICK FUCKS RUINED MUH CHILDHOOD probably
>>
>>28337750
There's plenty of real criticism. It's just that you're too much of an idiot to understand any of it.
>>
File: Rainbow 100.jpg (164KB, 547x739px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow 100.jpg
164KB, 547x739px
>>28337750
Unless people genuinely don't like it for their own reasons, which is fine there isn't. If people actually go after the show because the fandom is "bad" then they're just a bunch of 12 year olds.
>>
>>28337750

The show is too childish at times with all the laughing and sweet messages.
>>
>>28337978
Every show that airs on a kid's channel is and always was a kid's show. Doesn't mean it's not enjoyable to anyone older than the target audience. Many ways to provide that enjoyment to all age groups while still focusing on one.
>>
File: 1431643383184.png (29KB, 260x186px) Image search: [Google]
1431643383184.png
29KB, 260x186px
>>28337970
Did you even fucking read my post, or did you just have a kneejerk reaction? I'm saying in comparison, S1 actually had more of an overall story when compared to the other seasons and their "arcs". So saying "The newer seasons have more plot and story!" is fucking stupid.

Obviously this is never a show with an intense plot, but saying that more story has developed is a retarded statement.
>>
>>28338033
Yes, I read your entire post. Most of it wasn't even worth greentexting. Quite honestly this post doesn't warrant another (You) either but here you go.
>>
File: 1471167455085.jpg (58KB, 849x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471167455085.jpg
58KB, 849x481px
>>28337919
BRING BACK OLD SHOW
>>
>>28337750
Well let's see... season 1 despite its flaws actually had some subtlety and a form of storytelling, oh and an actual plot.
The songs weren't shit and the voice actors actually sang the lyrics instead of talking them in a monotonous "laa laaa laa" garbage.
Plus the characters didn't act autistic.

Meanwhile seasons 2+ introduces Discord, crazy stupid Twilight and autistic Luna. Let's not forget episode 5 with Rarity and Sweetie Belle where the whole plot is solely about drama, in the most unfunny, tasteless manner ever. Fall Weather Friends from S1 at least made it fun to see Dash and AJ competitively bicker between one another. Same for Rarity and AJ.

The Sweetie Belle+Rarity episode shows them hating each other to death and then hypocritically ending it on an overly sappy tone. Like most episodes in season 2: Discord's episodes, Hearths Warming Eve, Ponyville Confidential and episode 14 where Applejack takes a job to make money, but her friends almost kill her in a wild cart chase and then hypocritically hug her.

The difference is that S1 didn't exagerrate it, itnhad charm, it did it in a funny and fun way, the dialogue wasn't retarded. AND THE CHARACTERS DIDN'T SCREAM AND DESCRIBE EVERYTHING LITERALLY LIKE THEY ARE AUTISTIC.
That's a nuance which a bunch of 70 IQ autists will never understand, because you never experienced a charming funny joke in your life, let alone an overall good and positive atmosphere.
>>
>>28338052
>Asks for legit criticisms of the show
>Gets it
>I-I'M NOT GONNA REPLY IT'S NOT WORTH IT
>>
>>28338129
>didn't see a new IP in the thread
Welcome. If you're looking for the downvote button, it doesn't exist here.
>>
>>28338129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxvYX7zih8
>>
>>28338148
>M-maybe if I reference reddit it'll look like I have a leg to stand on
>Y-yeah, if I do that I don't have to argue my own point
>>
>>28338172
>Being this butthurt he got cooked in 4chan
Hahahahaha
>>
>>28338172
>greentext everything
>wait, let's make it stutter, that'll show him
>>
>>28338187
>You don't deserve (You)s
>Keeps replying
ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
Season six in particular has a lot more on the nose writing, a lot of the dialogue lacks the subtly, and natural conveyance when compared to all the previous seasons.

I win.
>>
>>28337761
I don't know about the voice acting. It was pretty low-key in season 1, which made even the sillier lines feel less childish.
>>
File: 1472408188026.png (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472408188026.png
160KB, 500x500px
>>28338201
>The lol cow gets mad it's being milked
>>
>>28338201
Hi Owen.
>>
>>28338201
>there's 14 IPs in the thread
>surely this is the one that called me mean words
That was me anon, I stopped replying long ago, but have another (You) on the house.
>>
File: memes.gif (2MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
memes.gif
2MB, 500x600px
>>28338220
MEME OFF BRO, YOU AND ME
>>
>>28338243
yo LISTEN UP, HERE'S A STORY
ABOUT A LITTLE GUY THAT LIVES IN A MEME WORLD
AND ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT AND EVERYTHING HE SEES IS JUST MEME TO HIM, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE
>>
>>28337978
You're right that MLP is and always will be a show meant to be enjoyed by little girls. However, that doesn't mean it's not also meant to be appreciated by adults. The show's been taking on more mature themes and stronger continuity in seasons 5 and 6, and while it's still entirely accessible to children, it does hold quite a bit for older viewers to appreciate.
>>
>>28338262
Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>28338294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU
>>
>>28338275
Those aren't mature themes, you idiot. If we were in real life everyone would make fun of you immature and naive you are, thinking that everything you don't understand is meant for adults because you're a fucking manchild.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.