[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gets reformed >is never relevant again because the writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

File: Diamond_Tiara_doesn't_like_S1E12.png (495KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_Tiara_doesn't_like_S1E12.png
495KB, 1280x720px
>gets reformed
>is never relevant again because the writers never bothered to give her a personality beyond 'bully'
Why?
>>
>>28312100
Thx 4 the shitpost m9
>>
>>28312117
Yours is pretty good too, friend.
>>
>>28312082
Because her only purpose was to be an antagonist to the CMC, until they got their cutie marks.
>>
>>28312138
Because bullies stop picking on you after you get tits?
>>
>>28312167
no, but they stop picking on you when your Munchkin Mouse mother stops being an issue
>>
>>28312127
rekt
>>
>>28312082
She had a personality beyond being a bully, n.b. "Ponyville Confidential", it's just that the show is written by hacks now and it was more important to get the CMC some kind of cutie mark NOW than it was to worry about nitpicky details like preexisting foreshadowing or characterization of minor characters. Also, the general idea that "reforming" villains is good, implemented without thought of what is to be done with the redeemed villain afterward.
>>
>>28312082
Bitchfilly lives on in our hearts.
>>
>>28312082
They could be doing many things with her.
But guess what? It's more important to have all that male focus this season, because equality propaganda.
>>
>>28315750
have her struggle to befriend a random background colt then
I mean how hard can it be to come up with character driven plots that flow organically from precedent instead of shoehorning the characters into some contrived bullshit whether it makes any sense or not
>>
>>28316577
>colt
No, no, that wouldn't make any sense. This is still friendship is magic, and shouldn't turn into 100% shipping is magic, just because the fandom is like how it is.
There is Peach Fuzz or what her name was again, whom Diamond Tiara pushed away in CotLM, but then we've seen DT and SS being friendly with her in On Your Marks, eating the pie with her.
We could see their new friendship, how DT fares in general in her new role, or (major event) even help Scootaloo to learn how to fly, et cetera.
The possibilities are endless really.
>>
>>28312082
I'm sure we'll see her again.
>>
File: 1420167419861.gif (236KB, 304x503px) Image search: [Google]
1420167419861.gif
236KB, 304x503px
>>28315731
This makes me 100% charged. Link to some green?
>>
>>28316601
>DT buys Scootaloo flying lessons
>it turns out the problem was not having any good pegasus role models in her life to teach her the basics
>>
File: image.png (103KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 250x333px
>>28315731
Just gonna save this for future use
>>
>>28312082
The surge of new writers don't want to try out new ideas; such as Glimmer episodes (Nick Confalone wrote the only Glimmer episode in S6, who was a S5 writer) and other episodes exploring reformation or otherwise. Instead they often write trope episodes, zombie episode and cart racing, or revist existing ideas.
>>
>>28316973
So far that's true.
I have hope for next episode's comedy at least, though that's probably the only thing we can get out of it. And cuteness.
>>
>>28312167
Yes. Unless they're making fun of you because you're fat, in which case growing tits only adds to your problem
>>
>>28316991
>I have hope for next episode's comedy
why
>>
>>28316921
Then there will be no Scootaloo you fool!
>>
>>28318219
Apple Bloom has her Cutie Mark, Sweetie Belle's voice doesn't crack nearly as often as it used to, if ever, Diamond Tiara isn't mean anymore; might as well go ahead and ruin all the things.
>>
>>28318569
Bumping to save DT thread
>>
>implying she had appears in more than 3 episodes before this season
she was never a relevant character, anon, and still no relevant, what's new?
>>
>>28316973
This. The fact that Glim Glam rarely appears in any episode that she isn't directly involved in when one of the best aspects of the show previously was internal consistency, just goes to show how little the nu-writers care about what they write and just treat it like it's another Johnny Test.
>>
>>28319759
>it's another Johnny Test.
ok enough /mlp/ today, im mad, you fucking fags no even knew what are you saying
>>
>>28319728
>implying she had appears in more than 3 episodes before this season
Call Of The Cutie
Ponyville Confidential
One Bad Apple
Flight To The Finish
Twilight Time
and several more, minor, appearances
>>
>>28319728
She was literally the longest-running villain in the show.
>>
>>28320634
are all minor appearances, fuck me in twilight time is more like a background character, im keep my opinion she only is relevant in 3 episodes
>>28321646
and the most generic
>>
>>28321728
>in twilight time is more like a background character
Are you serious?
>>
File: 320402.jpg (87KB, 1078x741px) Image search: [Google]
320402.jpg
87KB, 1078x741px
I miss bitchfilly.
>>
>>28312082
>gets reformed
Thats the problem
Everyone who liked that CMC ep is a moron or a shill
The show literally destroyed DT, almost to Twilicorn level
>>
>>28322606
Beyond Twilicorn, really.
Twilicorn is still everyone's favorite ridiculous nerd pony, just with wings and an unwarranted sense of self-importance.
CotLM DT is literally a completely different character that was pulled out of someone's ass so that the DT/CMC story arc could be resolved RIGHT NOW whether it made any sense or not.
>>
>expecting characterization in a show made to sell toys
>expecting the writers to use what's already there instead of making a new character every week
>>
>>28322606
>hurr i don't want that the show evolves
>please give the same episode over and over again with the same generic villain
if the show never changes the plot turns bored; honestly DT is a pretty generic villain
>>
>>28322770
>expecting characterization in a show made to sell toys
nice bait, faggot; is nothing good in /b/ already, huh?
>>
>>28322836

>thinking anything was ever good there

No, you're the faggot.
>>
>>28322862
yeah, is nothing good in /b/ already, thanks for the answer, anon; you can stay, but work harder in your baits are pathetic level:normie
>>
>>28322802

Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra were villains - DT was just a spoiled brat with an oversized ego taking out her insecurities on everyone and going for the easiest possible targets in the CMC.

A minor antagonist at the very most, much in the same vein as Iron Will or arguably the FlimFlam Brothers.
>>
>>28322894

>implying I'm going to let someone who can't even type decide where I go on 4chan

>implying I'm going to even consider the opinions of someone who unironically uses the word "normie"

I bet you ree'd too, you faglord.
>>
>>28322903
>minor antagonist
you forget trixie
the overrated one
>>
>>28322928

Trixie is kind of in a weird spot between antagonist and villain - she started out as an antagonist similar to DT, then slid closer to villain when she had the Alicorn Amulet, and now seems to have slid back to antagonist.

Where she goes from there is anyone's guess.
>>
>>28322903
P. sure Truffle Shuffle or Twist would have been easier than any of the CMC. Also, DT didn't start hassling Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo until after they started hanging out with Apple Bloom, and it's implied that DT was bullying AB before DT got her Cutie Mark (i.e., prior to the events of Call Of The Cutie), which suggests that her beef is with AB specifically, which would have been a really interesting story hook for the writers to explore if they gave a shit.
>>
>>28323099

"Shit happens to the main character" is always easier from a storytelling/plot standpoint than "main character watches shit happen to someone else."

Also Twist got her cutie mark, which meant she was "in" while Applebloom was still "out, likewise Roly Poly No I will not call him Truffle Shuffle that's a stupid fucking name - DT went after blankflanks, which they were not.
>>
>>28323213
>easier from a storytelling/plot standpoint
But picking on the fat kid or the kid with a lisp is easier from a schoolyard bullying standpoint, which was where the goalposts were in >>28322903.

>DT went after blankflanks, which they were not.
That only works if she literally started her bullying career with that blank note at the start of CotC, though. She got her CM just before the events of that episode, so it wouldn't make any sense for her to have been picking on blank flanks when she was one.
>>
>>28323501

Storytelling trumps. They're making a TV show and that shit costs money - they literally can't afford to fuck about "because that's how real life is." Every minute counts, and they only have 22 of them per episode, which means you have to get right to the point.
>>
>>28323555
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
My original argument was that evidence points to DT having some unstated beef with Apple Bloom specifically, and that an episode exploring and resolving that beef would have been way more interesting and satisfying than what we got in CotLM.
>>
>>28323671

I'm saying they can't faff about dedicating valuable time to DT being a cunt to other characters if it would move the plot along better to have her be a cunt to one of the CMC - it's more efficient that way, barring giving her her own episode.

And why would they? She's a background character. Crusaders of the Lost Mark is the closest she's probably going to get, and now that she's basically served her purpose, the writers likely aren't going to use her much anymore.

When you're spending that much money on a project, efficiency is king, which means any dead weight gets cut loose.

Which also means we won't get any more Silver Spoon.

;_;
>>
>>28315731
Like the treebrary
>>
File: 1468300658828.png (231KB, 850x940px) Image search: [Google]
1468300658828.png
231KB, 850x940px
>>28322698
>saves the world many times.

>literally every timeline without her is disaster.

>unwarranted.
>>
>>28323702
Yes. I never disagreed with that; my point was that the fact that she passes up easier targets in favor of tormenting Apple Bloom, and, incidentally, Apple Bloom's friends, is suggestive of deeper character motivations than the writers cared to explore, even though an episode where DT is forced to overcome her personal dislike of AB is just as "efficient" as an episode where the CMC point out that DT doesn't have to be like her heretofore-unseen mother and she's magically not a bitch anymore.
The CMC getting their marks should have been an episode unto itself. "Appleloosa's Most Wanted" is a shameless retread of an earlier episode and brazenly contradicts existing lore, so it's an easy candidate for which episode would be nixed in favor of splitting CotLM's plots into two unrelated episodes. No loss of "efficiency" there.
>>
DT's dislike of Apple Bloom stems from their families' history going way back to the founding of Ponyville. I forget what most of that history entails, but I'm positive that the show had touched on it at least a couple of times.
>>
>>28323718
>literally every timeline where she never met her friends is a disaster except arguably the NMM one
>is crowned the Princess of Friendship despite only having five friends
>>
>>28323841
That's fanon. A causal link between the Barnyard Bargains-Sweet Apple Acres business relationship and DT's bullying of AB is never even implied. Also, Granny Smith's version of events is highly questionable, since her being present at the founding of Ponyville would require her to be hundreds of years old, per Twilight's research about Ponyville's Winter Wrap Up traditions in Winter Wrap Up.
>>
Liking Best Filly is and always has been suffering.
>>
She could still very easily be a snooty rich dadys girl without making her a total bitch
>>
>>28325254
go on
>>
>>28325254
Yes, please go on.
>>
>>28325254
Being a total bitch is part of her appeal, though.
>>
>>28312082
>is never relevant again
Good
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.