[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.popularmechanics.com/sci ence/health/a22189/part-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Crispr.png (391KB, 2100x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Crispr.png
391KB, 2100x1700px
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a22189/part-human-part-animal-embryos-get-green-light/

>/mlp/ is unironically busy with fat fetish and plane pony threads instead of discussing real ponies in earth thanks to CRISPR

This is the future
>>
>wanting real life 3dpd anthro
Off yourself as soon as possible thx
>>
>>28267391
It doesn't necessary need to be anthro, once the technic is perfected you could actually make a very loyal copy of the ponies from the show with a human-like intelligence.

If you still like 2d then I guess you can stick to the show.
>>
>>28267427
You are aware that they would look nothing like the show ponies, right?
>>
>>28267378
What's there to discuss? Until we get our own genetics laboratories and can start prototyping we can't exactly theorize much. Unless at least two of us have a genetics degree and acess to the horse genome.
>>
>>28267440
Looking around in nature you can see that many shapes, sizes, colours and other things are possible. You can give them those huge eyes and a coats that look close enough to a plushie, if that's good enough for any of you.
If we can edit the genetic code that far then the aesthetics will be a matter of trying until we get close enough. I wouldn't hold my breath for any of this, of course, but the fact that this is actually happening while we are still alive is huge news.
>>
>>28267378
Interspecies genetic testing isn't anything new, just look at the ear mouse, but it's wonderful to see that there's advances in this study.
>>
>>28267606
That's the spirit. I always thought these things wouldn't start until I was too old to care, but apparently crispr got the green light to start clinical trails not so long ago after being like 20 years under testing which is great news.

To the rest of the anons I recomend you to seek information about crispr, there are many informative videos and articles. This is thread is aimed to the hypothetical use for ponies but this technology is very promising, it is said that it will finish with all the diseases of the world and improve human abilities while also making us live longer and better.
>>
Personally I'm more interested in using this tech to make my OC and then have a robotic surgeon transplant my brain into it.
>>
>>28267566
Based on how we fucked over dogs, I am not hopeful
>>
>>28267886
Transhumanist body switching has always been a sticky bet. There's an chance of just dying.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>28267378
IT'S
FUCKING
HAPPENING
>>
>>28267930
Totally worth it to be a pony.
>>
>>28267913
That was eugenics, which is often hit or miss. Genetic engineering is a lot more precise.
>>
>>28267970
And with the development of artificial egg and sperm cells, producing testable subjects is a lot less taxing and more convenient.
>>
>>28267886
>>28267930
Copy instead. Then neither of you will be virgins.
>>
>>28267378
>>28268117
I'll finally get to live out the dreams of those kids in Weird Science, and make my waifu through science.
>>
>>28267378

Bump, where da fuck are my genetically modified poners, uncanny valley looking I fuck them anyway
>>
Gonna need some green
>>
>>28269745
About what? Pony on earth is done so much already.
Unless you were going for someone who's crispr'd into their dragonsona meeting someone who's crispr'd into a pony or something.
>>
>>28267378
CRISPR is meme science.
>>
>>28270013
That's like someone in the 50s calling transisors a gimmick when talking about computers.
>>
>>28272405
>>28272421
so what you are saying is if I don't live into my 80s I won't see this tech become viable.
>>
>>28272449
I'm saying stop being a hipster and blowing off any new technology just because it's getting so much media attention.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.