[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why was Luna so traumatized about the whole Nightmare Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: latest-54.png (939KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest-54.png
939KB, 1280x720px
So why was Luna so traumatized about the whole Nightmare Moon thing? All she really did was wrestle with Celestia for about 5 minutes.
>>
>>28264829
She had 1000 years to think in those 5 minutes.
>>
>>28264846
Ever saw demolition man? Now imagine being in cryo state for 1000 years.
>>
>>28264829
>Tried to kill the only relative she still had
>Let anger take control of her
>Endangered not only his sister but the country she swore to protect
>Acted like a spoiled brat
You might say Luna is a bit hard on herself, but I can see why she's still so traumatized
>>
>>28264889
Which would never had happened if the ponies treated her with respect like she deserved.
AND MEANWHILE GLIMMER ALSMOST DESTROYS THE WHOLE EXISTENCE OF THE PONY RACE AND GETS A LOL PASS BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP
>>
>>28264908
Indeed, but one is a princess. A very demanding one, especially with herself.

The other one, is a normal girl who lost her first love.

i.e. you don't have to see it how it would make sense globally, but how it makes sense for Luna. And in this case, the shame for being less than a pricess is terrible, for her.
>>
>>28265002
Nah it is shitty writing and storytelling.
But keep shilling for Hasbro for free.
>>
>>28264865
>cryo
Implying that she as on cryo, isn't really clear what was her state on the moon, could be like a prison or something like the Tartarus
>>
File: Spike_shrugs_S4E13.png (253KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_shrugs_S4E13.png
253KB, 1280x720px
>>28265010
Whatever fits your narrative, kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 512x288px
>>28264908
You have ADHD, or something the traumatic issues are all the character now, that's why the character is so annoying now, that's why some dumbs anons here think that is a bad writing,oh wait I'm on the 4chan all here act like them have ADHD
>>
>>28264846
And yet she immediately tries to do it again when she returned...
>>
>>28265032
Learn english then maybe I can acknowledge your opinion.
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (10KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
10KB, 300x167px
>>28265051
>...
>>
>>28265052
>your opinion isn't matter because you can type properly XD
Whatever you say child, you get it, and that's the important, now you can continue with you immature shitposting, this my last reply to you
>>
File: 1425853962379.jpg (10KB, 215x220px) Image search: [Google]
1425853962379.jpg
10KB, 215x220px
>>28265093
Good, fuck off and preferably kill yourself too.
>>
>>28265051
Great rehab program.
>>
File: ADV.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ADV.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>28265059
>pic
MY SIDES.
>>
>>28265110
Why you people are so salty today?
>>
>>28265131
>le salty meem
yo LISTEN UP, HERE'S A STORY
ABOUT A LITTLE GUY THAT LIVES IN A MEME WORLD
AND ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT AND EVERYTHING HE SEES IS JUST MEME TO HIM, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE
>>
>>28265143
All is a meme these days
>>
>>28265163
MEME HIS HOUSE WITH A MEME WINDOW
WITH A MEME CORVETTE AND EVERYTHING IS MEME FOR HIM AND HIMSELF AND EVERYBODY AROUND
CAUSE HE HAS NOBODY TO LISTEN
I AM MEME DA BA DEE DA BA DAE
>>
>>28264829
Unreliable Narrator, OP

All we've seen of Celestia and Luna's fight was shown via a magically induced flashback. So, there's no guarantee what Twilight saw was what actually went down, moment by moment. Celestia and Luna's fight could've dragged out for days as far as we know and and all Twilight saw was the "abridged version" of it.
>>
>>28265190
Excellent damage control, faggot.
>>
>>28265185
>still salty

>inb4 dumb shit about im meming
please continue, your pasta is a good one
>>
>>28265131
Only today? It's been weeks since everyone became more agressive than usual. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, this is 4chan after all. It just called my attention that the general mood in the board had a sudden twist without any reason.
I think it has to do with the lack of moderation. I wonder if I'm the only one who noticed this or if it's just me.
>>
>>28265242
Too lazy to memefy the whole song.
Anyways 90% of the song is I am meme da ba dee daba dae anyways
>>
>>28265251
I think it's because season 6 is sucking ass.
>>
>>28264829
Consider who Luna is, for a sec. We see in the first few episodes that she originally rebelled because she felt that, as the ruler of night and opposite to day, she wasn't getting enough attention.
Okay, that alone would be childish. Fair enough.
But then in later episodes, we begin to see all the duties the Luna has (and, likely, HAD) before her rebellion: She not only is responsible for the moon, but also arguably for maintaining the psychological well-being of the ponies by entering their dreams.
In a world where magic is commonplace, and it'd not be unherd of for some sort of magical creature to invade ponies' dreams, this second duty can't be overlooked.
Ignoring the comics (whether you like em or not), we also get a hint that Luna was not entirely in her right mind while Nightmare Moon. In other words, she may have not really been in control at all. So when she 'transforms' back, she's sickened by what she's done.
>>
>>28265190
>>28265194
he has to do damage control because of bad writing. Nightmare moon appeared for more than 5 minutes, the normal citizens all know about nightmaremoon, and as Celestia was hoping Luna would return to normal she obviously wouldn't tell people when questioned about what happened "My sister has become evil and wants to eat little children"
In other words, the fight we saw was just an abbreviation of what happened OR Luna back then transformed back and forth between NMM and Luna.
>>
>>28267154
>Nightmare moon appeared for more than 5 minutes,

I think you mean all of five minutes.

>the normal citizens all know about nightmaremoon,
Nooo, they know the telephone-esq story that got passed down through the years of Nightmare Moon, the evil screeching homedestroying monster who looked super fucking scary and brought about the night in the middle of the day.

Notice NOTHING about Nightmare Night actually seems to sync up with anything regarding what really happened, the date is wrong(the event happened on the Summer Solstice), the time is wrong(it happened during the day, not night), and what Nightmare Moon does is different(she flies around and 'devours ponies' with her big fangs and ponies have to hope she avoids them, not tries to take over or bring about eternal night).

Nightmare Night is what happens when the original legend gets warped over time into an event, like Halloween did. Celestia kept the real story alive with a stained glass window, books and all, but the populace made an event out of what happened and she either couldn't correct them(Because Ponyville isn't a place she would visit often and we never see it happening anywhere else) or just stopped trying after a couple hundred years.

As for Luna's guilt. She tried to take over, shot her fucking sister almost to death, and then came back and fucking DID IT AGAIN

SHE DID IT FUCKING TWICE, IN A ROW, SECOND ONE AFTER BEING SENT TO THE MOON FOR A MILLENNIA.

I think trying to murder someone and then brushing it off so hard you do it all over again should at LEAST get some "Oh shit I'm a monster"
>>
>>28267187
That was my point, if celestia had told the story, there is no way it would eventually be warped into this caricature of a monster. If they had a book to rely on the information, they wouldn't just use word of mouth to rely the information among generations.

And yet they still do it, because the book wasn't their source of information, it was personal experience.
>>
>>28264829
what's the point of this thread?, i mean, is simple, she was a villian for 1000 years, and then is back to normality, she want kill her's own sister, in all along that period, if you not are a edgy teenerger is pretty simple to get it, this thread have 3 problaly reasons to exist
>you're baiting
>you have aspier (in non-meme way)
>you can't pay attetion or maybe you not want pay attetion
my god is just a little girl's cartoon, my little cousin can get it
sorry if i have a bad english, i'm working in
>>
File: Hitlerspree.jpg (246KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
Hitlerspree.jpg
246KB, 835x773px
>>28264889
>>28267048
>Believing Celestia's carefully crafted tales
>>
>>28267295
>Why discuss the show on a board meant for discussing the show?
>>
>>28264889
Luna did nothing wrong, Equestrians are ungrateful assholes and don't thank her for the night.
>>
File: 1469256917846.png (667KB, 757x611px) Image search: [Google]
1469256917846.png
667KB, 757x611px
>>28267295
>stop discussing the show on a board specifically created to discuss the show
Did this thread bump your little safezone general off the 10th page?
>>
Because for the sake of legitimizing adults watching a cartoon for toddler girls, we're supposed to pretend Luna has this awesome, super dark backstory. To admit how unsubstantial it is, is to force us to answer questions about ourselves.
>>
File: Tis been difficult.png (165KB, 281x472px) Image search: [Google]
Tis been difficult.png
165KB, 281x472px
>>28269405
If only the other Luna episode last season had aired in the earlier seasons.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.