[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tirek only knows of 3 Alicorn Princesses, he doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

>Tirek only knows of 3 Alicorn Princesses, he doesn't know about you Twilight

Questionable reasoning and planning aside, how does Tirek even know of Princess Cadence? He wasn't around when she was and he's been locked up ever since
>>
>>28263810
He might not have known who Cadence was either, they could've been assuming. That or, since he broke out of Tartarus during It's About Time, he would have been around for the wedding and maybe noticed that more than Twilight's Coronation?
>>
>>28263819
Shh. It's a plot hole made to make Twilight more special.
>>
File: 1463108319592.png (386KB, 576x740px) Image search: [Google]
1463108319592.png
386KB, 576x740px
>>28263819
In either case you mentioned the Princesses would be assuming. I don't think making assumptions is really something they could afford with Tirek out there. The Princesses could have gave their magic to Cadence, who's probably a bit more accustomed to danger.

Though that said, Twilght is the element of MAGIC, so perhaps she deals with it better than others. That, and she might not know the Magic transfer spell.

But even that said, the Princesses said it as if it was fact I'm pretty sure. Cadence isn't that old, is she? From what I can tell she's lived a relatively normal lifespan and Tirek seemed to be from eons ago.
>>
>>28264285
Yeah, Celly says something like "You're the element of magic, if anyone can control our combined magic, it's you", but that's just one small detail
>>
>>28264325
She does? I remember something like "If anyone can do it, it's you", but not specifically mentioning the Element of Magic part.

Regardless, the OP's got a different point desu
>>
>>28263819
>He might not have known who Cadence was either,

He wasn't shocked to see her and he was surprised to find out about Twilight, so Celly was right regardless. How the fuck she knew, I don't know, but he went to the Empire FIRST, so he knew there was supposed to be a princess there, then he went to the big two and just accepted that Cadence was supposed to be there.

It's still a plothole because how the fuck did she know that, why did she leave the damn stained glass window up, and Discord would have just fucking told him so durrrr, but I guess she was right?
>>
>>28264285
>who's probably a bit more accustomed to danger.

...than the one who fought Nightmare Moon, Discord and Twice at that, and has dealt with shit like dragons before?

What the hell did Cadence do, get her ass locked up (and had to be rescued by the one 'less accustomed to danger), and then sit in a castle while the smoke monster came until her husband literally threw her at it? She didn't even fly at it FFS.

As far as dealing with 1000 year old superthreats and Discord, Twilight's fucking aces.
>>
>>28263810
Tirek was 'accidentally' sent an invitation to the wedding
>>
That's another problem with Cadence. she only fucks up the lore and we don't even know what she's ever achieved in her life. twilight being an alicorn is tolerable for me because we've saw all the shit she's done, we know her strengths, we know she was trained by celestia. they didn't even bother to put cadence's cutiemark on the tree...
>>
File: Glimmer Trixie Laughing.webm (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Glimmer Trixie Laughing.webm
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>28264673
Kek, this made me chuckle more than it probably should have
>>
>>28263810
There was that whole wedding fiasco. And defeating an ancient evil and taking up the reigns of the Crystal Empire. Big moves.
>>
File: 1454760782586.jpg (34KB, 533x534px) Image search: [Google]
1454760782586.jpg
34KB, 533x534px
>>28264636
Yeah Twilight's got a great track record, but a lot of it was done with her friends.
This seemed like it was going to boil down to battle magic and Cadence has been a Princess a lot longer than Twilight has. She was casting the spell to protect the Empire herself which didn't seem like any easy feat. Pretty sure she's performed other powerful acts of magic as well though memory doesn't serve well.

That said though, her being a bit more accustomed to danger is probably more of an assumption on my part because I figure she's come across a few things in her time as Princess. When she fought the monster in Three's A Crowd, she did say she was "out of practice", so it might have been more common for her prior.

>>28264615
>he went to the Empire FIRST
Did he? How did he know it returned? I suppose Discord could have mentioned that

>>28264744
Twilight had a big Coronation
>>
>>28264673
Maybe Tirek had a ball and lured Cerberus away for a bit
>>
>expecting the Tirek episode to make sense
why would you even do that
>>
>>28265581
Nahh, the mail pony was the one who used the ball, so he could get in to Tartarus - to deliver the invitation to Tirek
>>
>>28264615
>Discord would have just fucking told him
Except Discord never said a damn thing until after Tirek saw the stained glass window depicting Twilight's ascension.
>>
File: 1386610295136.gif (1MB, 617x811px) Image search: [Google]
1386610295136.gif
1MB, 617x811px
>>28268381
The point was more the logic on Celestia's part

She surely couldn't have known rogue Discord wouldn't mention Twilight's ascension. Furthermore, she left a big stained window dedicated to her ascension up in the very room they were seated in.

It makes the "Tirek doesn't know about you being a Princess" line seem pretty odd. I can get her being Magic and able to handle it better, but even in the end, what did Tirek not knowing about Twilight even seem to accomplish? They tussled anyway and would have had to at some point, it just brought them slightly more time, if that actually.
>>
File: cadance_s_bow_by_hollulu-da3b4hu.png (713KB, 800x1169px) Image search: [Google]
cadance_s_bow_by_hollulu-da3b4hu.png
713KB, 800x1169px
Tirek knowing of Cadence honestly makes me wonder how long Cadence has been around and what her role has been since being adopted as Celestia's niece.

Princesses have a pretty high status in Equestria, yet when the Main 6 heard the name "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza", none of them seemed to know who it was. I suppose it could have been daughter to a King, there are other royals, but even once it was announced that it's Cadence, only Twilight seems to have known anything about her. The others didn't, only addressing her as Royalty iirc, which seems odd given her status.
>>
>>28269450
She probably didn't have much to do without the crystal empire to prance around in.
Maybe she just did taxes for the real princesses or something.
>>
>>28263810
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>28269471
But Tirek knew of her regardless?
>>
>everyone assuming Cadance is much older/more powerful/more used to being a princess
She was Twilight's foalsitter. This makes her like 12, maybe 14 at most years older than Twilight.
>implying the comics are canon
if you take them as canon for a while, that confirms the fact she's like a little older at most, she was in high school when Twilight needed foalsitting
>>
>>28270308
14 years is still a decent amount honestly. Surely enough to see her fair share of danger and handle her power. She was an Alicorn when Twilight was a Filly herself, Twilight hasn't been an Alicorn all that long
>>
>>28268363
Top lad going above and beyond to do his job
>>
>>28269471
>Tirek has a vested intrest in the Princesses finances
>>
>>28273506
Tirek's "takeover" was actually an audit of the entire Equestrian government! Spread the truth, Goldenoaks library was an inside job! Magic fuel can't melt steel trees!
>>
>>28263810
Inconsistent writing. That's it.

>>28273524
Have you ever noticed how every alicorn is in a position of great political power? Wake up sheeple!
>>
>>28273524
I giggled
>>
>>28270308
Which raises the question how Tirek knew of her
>>
>>28274519
See
>>28264673
>>
>>28274519
Good question. My theories:

- Tirek is aware of the Crystal Empire's existance and therefore knows there must be a princess there (was Princess Amore before Princess Cadance came along), might not have been the one he was expecting but a princess nonetheless.
- Stained glass all over the damn castle in Canterlot, surely she's on one of those pieces of glass after becoming an alicorn/having her wedding so drastically fuck up/helping save the Crystal Empire/being the ruler of the Crystal Empire
- Assuming that he doesn't realize there's a princess in the Crystal Empire but is aware of it's existance, he'll go there and in the Crystal Empire's palace she's definately on one of the panes of stained glass (this one you can actually see in the show)

Or, you know, it's >>28264673.
>>
>>28274566
>Tirek is aware of the Crystal Empire's existance
Was it around back then? It came and disappeared, even Celestia didn't know a whole lot about it. Even then, it doesn't confirm the existence of Cadence, certainly not definitely desu

>Stained Glass
There was a pretty big Twilight one literally in the room they were in I'm sure

That last point is strange since again, it wouldn't mean Tirek would know she existed for sure.
>>
>>28275510
If there's stained glass with Twilight on then my arguments with stained glass are completely invalid, but that would mean Tirek is an idiot and he'd know about Twilight by the time he went to visit the princesses.

If we bring the comics into this, the centaurs have a bit of land for their own too. No telling how long they've been around but probably for quite some time too. Somewhere in that timespan they could've heard of the Crystal Empire possibly, which in turn would lead to argument 1 from my previous post. Best idea I have.
running out of ideas to patch up what is very likely a plot hole the writers never thought about
>>
File: doctor knows.png (261KB, 693x694px) Image search: [Google]
doctor knows.png
261KB, 693x694px
>>28275510
Maybe Tirek believes Cadance is Amore? Depending on how long he was in Tartarus he might not have known the Empire was ever gone.
>>
>>28275556
>Somewhere in that timespan they could've heard of the Crystal Empire possibly
But again, that doesn't confirm the existence of a Princess. Simply knowing it exists doesn't really tell him that there's a Princess there currently.
It also depends on how long the Empire has been around, if it was gone by the time Centaurs had heard of it, there'd be little reason for him to now think it's back.
Keep going

>>28276054
Well the question is was the Empire even there in his time to begin with.
And I'm pretty sure Tirek knows he'd been imprisoned for a damn long time, but it seemed as if he unquestionably knew of Cadence's existence already, rather than just figured she should exist
>>
>Twilight couldnt even get a taxi during the suri polomare episode
>DT didnt realize the ponies she amtagonized were twilight's friends the entire time.
>its not until 5 fucking seasons later do the mane 6 get recognized for the shit they do

I'm pretty sure Tirek didn't know due to reasons like this. its like the mane6 have a "Anonymous" aura around them
>>
>>28276094
Assuming knowing about the Crystal Empire means knowing about it's basic backstory, it implies you know there's a princess there. Princess Amore was pretty core to it's existance as far as I'm aware, guarding the crystal heart and all. Then she got blasted by evil Sombra, who enslaved all the crystal ponies, and then proceeded to get locked away along with all of the Crystal Empire. Knowing of the Crystal Empire at any point in time means you know a princess is there.

Or Tirek would just sequentially go from city to city to drain everything, and if he goes from big city to big city, the Crystal Empire would be up pretty soon whereas Ponyville wouldn't be. Then again, this way Twilight gets found too, so it really isn't "knowing about the princess".

really running dry now anon
>>
File: 1427232016366.jpg (34KB, 620x513px) Image search: [Google]
1427232016366.jpg
34KB, 620x513px
>>28276163
>Knowing of the Crystal Empire at any point in time means you know a princess is there.
If Tirek came before the Empire disappeared, then it'd make sense for him to think there was a Princess there since in his mind it'd never have gone anywhere, but what's to say it's a new Princess? Couldn't it have been Luna or Celestia in charge of the Empire? He wasn't really surprised to see Cadence

As for the second point, going city to city would mean he'd eventually find out as opposed to definitely know, which would put Cadence in pretty much the same spot as Twilight in terms of Tirek's Princess knowledge like you said

Don't stop we're really getting somewhere here

>>28276131
Manehatten's rough senpai, people want shit done on their own time, even if you're a Princess. There's been other moments where Twilight has got quite a bit of attention due to her status, though thinking of it, Cadence doesn't seem to so much. She walked around Ponyville without anyone really paying attention in Three's a Crowd and visits Twilight now and again
>>
File: shining armor crazy eyes.png (202KB, 498x334px) Image search: [Google]
shining armor crazy eyes.png
202KB, 498x334px
>>28276580
Here's my thoughts:
>most likely pessimistic explanation:
Meghan just forgot Cadance isn't a millennia old, or forgot Cadance existed and hastily shoehorned her into an episode she wasn't supposed to be in at the last minute.

>most likely optimistic explanation:
Cadance has been an alicorn princess for about 10-20 years depending on how old Twilight is, but enough time for news to travel across all Equestria. Remember, Cadance was already an Alicorn when Twilight got her cutie mark.

Twilight meanwhile had, at the time, just a few months as princess and had people not know who she was as far recent as S5. Celestia could more safely bet that Tirek hadn't yet found out about Twilight than she could that he hadn't yet found out about Cadance.

Expanding on the Tirek thinks Cadance is Amore theory: He never refers to Cadance by name and the Crystal ponies immediately recognized her as "the Crystal Princess" so we can assume there is a resemblance between Cadence and the fabled Amore.
>>
>>28277539
The length of her reign is surely irrelevant when he's been locked in a dungeon. Unless he gets annual news updates or something.

Good point about the Crystal Princess thing though. If he knew about the Empire he could have just thought she was the Crystal Princess like you say I knew we were getting somewhere
>>
>>28277539
>Cadance was already an Alicorn when Twilight got her cutie mark.
I thought it was when she was a Filly, rather than when she got her Mark
>>
>>28277539
>>28279060
Going further on the Crystal Princess thing since I'm awake again, Cadance's full name is Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. There's definately a link between Amore & Cadance.
>>
File: 1470520352558.png (167KB, 406x394px) Image search: [Google]
1470520352558.png
167KB, 406x394px
>>28279649
Good foresight by Celestia then. Still an assumption on her part, but an informed one.

Now we wait for something to suggest Tirek was post Crystal Empire so we can have this discussion again
>>
>>28263810

bump!
>>
>>28281201
For what purpose?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.