[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think the series would have necessarily been better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I don't think the series would have necessarily been better if she stayed around. She had some great concepts, amazing world and basic character design, but I don't think she would have been good at building on those ideas.

Many things we loved were at Hasbro's requests, Discord and Spike likely wouldn't have been handled as well as they are now if she was still in charge. I think she would have created a generic fantasy series that occasionally breaks the rules of its world to make jokes.
>>
File: 1471167455085.jpg (58KB, 849x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471167455085.jpg
58KB, 849x481px
>>28257744
BRING BACK OLD SHOW
>>
>>28257744

>Cuck the Magic Dragon
>Memecord
>Likeable
>>
Yeah, Faust is the George Lucas of animation.
>>
Twilight getting wings was the biggest blunder in the show.
>>
>>28257744
>Discord
>Well handled
buttshit
>>
>>28257744
NJo, it woudlnt
>>
>>28257744
lol
>>
File: 1392088923928.png (158KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392088923928.png
158KB, 500x500px
>>28257744
>>
>>28257744
I don't know. I think the current writers are like Michael Bay. Sure, you got all the action, memes, the wacky world, but nothing to really bring it down to earth, tie it together and go forward in a coherent direction.

I'm not saying it's all necessarily bad, just a hot mess.
>>
>>28257744
I like Faust a lot (certainly more than the current writers), but unpopular opinion: Larson handled things better. He seems to have more sense of scope, of conceptual grit without necessarily edginess, and of balancing the long-term story ideas with the micro-level stuff. He understands both pathos and cheekiness. (Maybe the fact that he has more time under his belt is influencing my thoughts here.)

That said, Lauren will always occupy a special place for coming up with the world and being the driving force behind its style and feel. But things like maintaining a vast, intricate fantasy setting and coherent continuity -- I suspect maybe she isn't as interested in those things as she is in a surface-level magical girl storybook. That's not inherently bad; it's the world and characters we fell in love with, after all. I just feel that maybe MLP as a setting was allowed to grow in ways that it wouldn't have otherwise.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.