[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Episode could have played with the tropes of the show wonderfully,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 124331241234.png (412KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
124331241234.png
412KB, 1280x720px
>Episode could have played with the tropes of the show wonderfully, the first half ending in the song and the second half revealing Thorax's plan all along was to "hide in plain sight" by playing up that good changeling thing to gain acceptance and eliminate suspicion in the crystal empire
>Ends up being a by the books "everyone becomes friends because of a song" episode
Fucking disappointing, why they did they even play up that "I wuz a gud changeling, I dindu nuffin" stick in such an over the top and phony looking way if they were gonna play it completely straight in the end?
>>
So Changelings have personalities? They aren't born into simply being mindless drones of Chrysalis?
>>
>>28228566
>People will lie and cheat to get close to you for their own benefit

I don't think that's the kind of message the show sets out to send.
>>
>>28230367
Which is a shame, because they're setting their target audience up for failure. Assuming even little girls are dumb enough to take the show's message at face value.
>>
>>28230378
Take a moment to remember that the show is literally named Friendship Is Magic. Despite all the pandering and toy advertisement, they still have to stay true to the shows intention.

This ain't your run of the mill drama show.
>>
>>28230411
As long as it's selling toys, it's staying true to the show's intention.
>>
>>28228566
>show is about telling a lesson of friendship
>show makes episode about how some people might be different, but that doesn't mean that they're bad
>you complain
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>28230424
It's a little girls show about horses learning about friendship, and your preferences will never change that, friendo.
>>
>>28230443
There's a difference between "different" and "acting like a foreign spy who sucks at acting like a person seeking atonement".

And just consider who these little girls are. Upper middle class divas who'll be twerking to MTV's worst garbage in less than a decade from now. There will be plenty of people (mostly other girls their age) who will be making nice with them for duplicitous and selfish purposes.

Then again, anyone stupid enough to think these "lessons" are worth taking to heart deserves to be shat on.
>>
File: 1461171194327.jpg (62KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
1461171194327.jpg
62KB, 685x474px
>>28230474
>the writing is shit, and the only excuse is that people are not obliged to make shows that aren't shit for kids.
sounds like you answered your own question. No one doesn't understand the episode wasn't shit writing. They either don't care and enjoy it anyway, or do and don't need to ask why a shitty company is shitty.
>>
>>28230555
>No one doesn't understand the episode wasn't shit writing.
Then why are they trying to excuse it? People on /mlp/ have earnestly believed dumber things.
>>
>>28228566
This episode felt really rushed.
I think they didn't need to have a double or triple cross plot to make it good, just space out the key moments more.

It was really just: spike meets changeling, spike and changeling go around town, spike betrays changeling, spike meets changeling again, spike sings a song and makes everything all better.

No development about the changelings, little convincing or reactions from the main characters about befriending a changeling, not even much of a real threat going on anytime in the episode.

Felt like a real waste of great potential in this episode.
>>
>>28230607
Technically, we did learn quite a bit about changelings. We learned that they have individual personalities, that they literally feed on love and become weak if deprived of it, that they hatch from eggs as larvae, and that Queen Chrysalis personally attends to the massive nesting chamber.

The bland paint-by-the-numbers plot could have definitely been a lot better, but it did give us more info on changeling lives.
>>
>>28228566
but the changeling hive with little changeling maggots was fuggin great
>>
Why did they have to make an episode about changeling trying to join pony society and not ponies accepting changeling culture?
I mean who have the rights to judge one's decision or how others live?
>>
>>28228566
Fuck's sake /pol/
>>
File: 1469497462344.jpg (457KB, 1080x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1469497462344.jpg
457KB, 1080x1660px
>>28230378
Which is why we need shows like this to inspire the next generation.

Also Thorax is literally a one-in-a-fucking-billion mutant fuck's sake dude get a grip.
>>
>>28231022
Ayatollah pls
But seriously we haven't actually gotten that far yet. The only thing we know about changeling """culture""" is that it involves the subjugation and farming of other sentient races, which Thorax suggests is seen as more of a necessity than a tradition, which might only be because they don't know any better. Do you consider missionary work a bad thing?
>>
>>28231615
What is this from, i must know
>>
>>28228592
why would anyone even think so?
Even the changelings in their first episode showed some individuality. Heck, look at the changeling that was challenged by Pinkie to mimic her, he was clear as day not "mindless"
>>
>>28228592
Never understood why people thought this.
>>
>>28231654
https://desuarchive.org/co/post/84827285/
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/84833298/
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/84839617/
:^)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.