[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not just telling Twilight about Thorax when she's dealt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1471708142925[1].png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471708142925[1].png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Not just telling Twilight about Thorax when she's dealt with this kind of shit before

Why? Zecora was a pretty similar case and Ponyville overcame that. Luna too. Twilight probably would have trusted Spike and as a Princess and sister to the captain of the Guard, her word would mean a lot.

Changelings aren't particularly strong either, so if push came to shove it'd have been easy to shut him down
>>
>>28207100
Zecora and Luna wasn't actually evil.

All Changelings are, except this one because he has a birth defect, as it was clearly shown in the episode.
>>
>>28207100
Like some Anons said in the thread - he could've just told her that just like he's not like other dragons, the changeling is not like other changelings.
>>
File: 1444615279222.jpg (380KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1444615279222.jpg
380KB, 1280x960px
>>28207138
>Zecora and Luna wasn't actually evil.
Neither was Thorax. I said it was a similar case, not the same. The Ponies believed them to be evil (less so for Luna) and that's where the point lies really. It's those kinds of experiences that can lead you to be a bit more open minded. There's also this >>28207186, it just felt odd to me he went to the guards rather than to his close friend Twilight who holds power of her own and potentially could have cleared things up right there.
When Spike did eventually tell Twilight, she trusted him. Couldn't he have done it earlier?
>>
File: Spike argues with a rock.png (342KB, 853x477px) Image search: [Google]
Spike argues with a rock.png
342KB, 853x477px
>>28207100
Because the writers treat Spike like an idiot.
>>
>>28207138
Was it a confirmed birth defect? Even then I think Twilight might have understood, she's the one who stood up for him at the end
>>
>>28207100
Why did he walk right into the throne room with thorax were armed guards were standing ready? He could've just pulled Twilight to the side and explained it to her alone. Then they would have a much stronger case for Thorax.
>>
>everybody acting like Spike is a grown, mature dragon and questioning why he wasn't using logic
>>
>>28211393
It's pretty weird how people see the CMC as only dumb kids with no depth or individuality, and Spike as a mature, intelligent young adult who just happens to be small, when canon frequently shows that both of those are wrong.
>>
>>28211393
He's a baby dragon, sure, but this isn't some highly intellectual decision or something. Twilight is his friend, talking to her is far from a "how can you expect him to do that" moment. Even if he did want to talk to the guards first for, it's not like he couldn't have talked to her after the fact
He's young, but he's shown enough smarts in the series honestly
>>
>>28212218
Plus, you'd perhaps think he'd be more inclined to talk to his friend than the guards
>>
>>28208674
>because spike IS a fucking idiot
FTFY familia
>>
File: thanks_meghan.png (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thanks_meghan.png
76KB, 500x500px
Spike is just a stupid animal that happens to be able to talk.
>>
>>28208674
But he did become a rock.
>>
>>28212793
This.
It turned out that Spike wasnt very wrong in the end.
I think he must make some mistakes because we know that being flawless is bullshit, like Trollestia and Twiggy piggy.
>>
>>28213118
I don't know, I just feel like talking to Twilight would be an obvious route of action here
>>
>>28214281
It would be, but then you have no episode. Think about, as of late these episodes have had ways to just straight up end any conflict they might have had. But why use them, when your solution does what it's supposed to. So instead they just don't use that solution to pad out the runtime, and then use the solution at the end, where it either doesn't make sense, or should have happened earlier.
>>
>>28207100
Why was he scared to tell the truth?
What could they possibly have done to Spike?
>>
>>28207138
>all changelings are evil
kill yourself.
>>
>>28214475
The song pretty much covered that
>>
>>28214409
This seemed like a pretty obvious thing for Spike to do
>>
>>28214281
"Twilight there is a changling but he is nice and....
"What a changeling he must be using a mind trick on you ..." Yeah still would have not worked.
>>
>>28215362
A mind trick? Bloody hell lad you're just making things up.
I don't know if you realised, but Spike does tell Twilight at the end, he tells all of them and Twilight is the one who defends him. She doesn't say anything along the lines of a "mind trick" or "deception".
>>
>>28207100
Better question: why didn't they tell Starlight, who has no pre-existing dislike of changelings and has every reason in the world to give someone who's accused of being evil a chance to explain themselves?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.